Based on Click to view
Artist rainboxys [gallery]
Time spent 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Deerssert #416 [winner pg 1]

Postby rainboxys » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Species Information wrote:Image
    Deerssert are a mystical, mythological species that appear in history every so often. Sightings grew sparser and sparser through the years, but now they've started to appear more and more. Here at the HQ, a centre dedicated to keeping these creatures from being hunted, we cannot foster them all-- and that's where you come in!

The simplest way to explain them? Deersserts are deer with a twist! While the specifics vary from deer to deer, they all have a few things in common. Deersserts have muscle, skin, fur and bone, but they are described as tasting like sweets. Their scent lingers so much that hides carry a fragrant scent even after death. Instead of fluffy tails, they have a pouf of whipped cream or ice cream [depending on the deer!] with some manner of fruit on top.

Size-wise, they're about the size of a border collie, but have been known to grow to the size of a horse in rare circumstances. [In even rarer circumstances, they have gotten bigger. This is the largest deerssert known.] Likewise, they are born as small as a full-grown rabbit, and some never progress past this size.

thought i'd do a quick design and then added a little bit more to it!
for this contest, i'd like for you to give this Deerssert a name and write a memory of the Deerssert in 500 words or less.

contest ends January 3rd 2018 at 11:59 pm cst!

Code: Select all
Username:
Deerssert Name:
Memory:
Last edited by rainboxys on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deerssert #416 [UFA]

Postby punpun. » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Username: serendiipity.
Deerssert Name: mika
Memory: wip~!!

ive been having
this dream of
my own,
lately.
So often
that
I wonder if
what im seeing now
is just the same dream.
·    ✦ ˚ ·   
✦ ˚      
  ˚   ⋆  .  
⋆ · * ⋆  
* · ✦  *   ·    
 .  .  .   ⋆ ·
* ⋆  
* ·  *   ·    
Day by day,
it feels more real..

hopeless insominac
currently obsessed with shinee and nct
punpun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jippy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Username: Dreamlight
Deerssert Name: Iris
Memory: Iris sat nervously in her dressing room. This was her first time on a live broadcast, and she was really excited but nervous at the same time. What if she messed up, what if she forgot what to say. She shook away those negative feelings, and waited eagerly for her name to be called. Suddenly someone knocked on her door. “Hello, Ms. Iris, we’re ready for you” said a voice behind the door. “Coming!” She replied, she was full of energy. The crew member lead her to the big stage where they had set everything up. It was magnificent, everything was just like it was on tv. She would be the guest for a show called Divine Dancing. She saw Kelly Salene, the host. She was a famous pop dancer that Iris admired for as long as she could remember. The crew memeber told her stand off the stage and appear on at the cue. Having memorized all her parts at least a dozen time, she knew exactly what to do. Her heart raced as the director signalized the final seconds before they would be on, five... four... three... two... one....

“Hello, everyone!! Welcome back to Divine Dancing where we interview some of the top dancers around the globe and show you a performance to never forget! I’m Kelly Salene, your host and today we are joined by none other then a globally talented pop dancer Iris! That was her cue, the smoke bomb effect sounded and she jumped. To appear as if she had popped in out of no where. “There, she is, making a dazzling entrance! It was spectacular, she interviewed her with some of the most meaningful and strange questions that she ever imagined. Then after it ended, came the best part, the performance. She gave it her all and most importantly had fun. It was the reason why she danced at all, she enjoyed it.
Last edited by Jippy on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby credit » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:40 am

dropping
Last edited by credit on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
credit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:25 pm

tentative mark!
┌─────────────────────┐

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalonsartadoptswritingtoyhouse
icon by my friend!

└─────────────────────┘
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Epiale » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Username: Epiale
    Deerssert Name: Chroma
    Memory:
      Chroma cheered a bit to herself as she finally started to reattach the casing, bouncing slightly in her excitement. This TV had been a project of hers for quite some time now. It was old, one of the first color television sets ever produced, and she'd been determined to fix it when she found it in a miserable state sitting dusty on a resale shop shelf.

She loved old technology, the sturdy feel to it, the strange aesthetic it had. This had also been a massive learning experience, forcing her to study quite a bit, and grow significantly more proficient with delicate tools needed to repair fine electronics. It had taken a while, a lot longer than she'd thought it would if she was being completely honest, but it was all worth it, and she couldn't have been more thrilled as she finally secured the original cleaned body around the inner workings and cathode ray tube, completing her project.

Plugging it in was nerve wracking, and she fumbled the plug a few times. She raced back to the front of the TV and carefully turned it on, eager to see the fruits of her labor. She was pretty sure her high pitched shriek of victory could be heard down the block, but she didn't care, when the screen flickered to life with a pop she felt the most accomplished she ever had.

It had been the start of a hobby, fixing old technologies, collecting relics from the past. Her retro jewelry collection now sprawled across old television sets, computer monitors, and even strange appliances born of the early days of technology. Of all her finds, and accomplishments, though, her favorite memory was always of that first old TV, and the joy she felt as it turned on for the first time.

(301 words)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

___

Eᴘɪᴀʟᴇ | Nᴏɴ-Bɪɴᴀʀʏ | Sᴋᴜʟʟ Uɴɪᴄᴏʀɴ

Same username on most sites.
(EthanEpiale on some)
I love monsters, unicorns, cute things, horror movies, and art. ♡
Feel free to PM me whenever!
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Deerssert #416 [UFA]

Postby rainboxys » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:21 pm

bumps
rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Purrfectpal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Username: Purrfectpal
Deerssert Name: Gwen
Memory:
Gwen woke up an hour before her alarm was suppose to sound. It was the big day, the day she was opening her new clothing store. She worked hard over a year to create her own designs of apparel, and it is finally released to the public! She got ready making sure that each strand of fur lie flat and perfect. As she was heading out the door, her alarm sounded. She quickly turned it off and was surprised to see how early she was. The sun was barely rising when she arrived at her new shop. She took down the "Coming Soon" sign and unlocked the store doors. She set up shop with every item sorted by color. Her OCD was getting the best of her, so she double checked that everything was in its place. Gwen was ready to open the shop with thirty minutes to spare. "7:00AM-9:00PM WEEKDAYS, 9:00AM-3:00PM WEEKENDS" the new sign read. When her shop officially opened, she waited for her first customers. Hours passed, there was no sign of life except for Gwen, sitting in her new tiny shop at the cash register. Finally! A customer walked in! "Looking for anything specific?", Gwen squeaked with excitement. The customer looked at her confused, head tilted. "I was just looking for a restroom...." Gwen's heart sunk down into her chest. "Go straight then take a left when you see the jackets.", she muttered. Hours more had passed and not a single customer came into her store. She closed for the night and went home. She slid into bed after losing an hour of sleep last night and standing all day at the counter. Gwen didn't even care to change into her nightgown. The next morning to woke to a blaring alarm, twenty minutes late. She got ready, not even knowing whether or not her outfit was matching. She galloped to her store, even though she wasn't certain there would be any customers, that didn't stop her. There was a huge crowd blocking the way to her store. As she shoved her way through all the citizens, she noticed that each one turned and looked at her with a smile. She approached the store to see it full of customers waiting in a line. Tourists and residents of her town gathered in awe of her fashionable designs. Gwen ended up going into overtime and by the end of the day, was almost sold out of her entire store. She had to restock. With a smile on her face, she sent half of her earnings to her mother that was battling cancer to pay for her chemo. She wrote a letter that read, "I did all this for you."

455 words**

~Dedicated to my brother who battled cancer at the age of 3 that almost killed him. The day he was suppose to die was the day that he beat it. He may have become paralyzed from the waist down due to a tumor surgery, but he beat it. There have been no signs of cancer since and he is now 16 living healthy. He now has a wheelchair that can make him stand.
Art by MintleFlower

♥ ♡ ♥
|| Purrfectpal || She/Her || Adult ||
╔══════════════════╗
Hi, I'm Purrfectpal. I am always open to chat with
new people so feel free to send over a message. <3

╚══════════════════╝
|| carrd | commissions | art shoppe ||
♥ ♡ ♥

art by -WanHeda-
Purrfectpal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainboxys » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 am

Epiale wrote:
    Username: Epiale
    Deerssert Name: Chroma
    Memory:
      Chroma cheered a bit to herself as she finally started to reattach the casing, bouncing slightly in her excitement. This TV had been a project of hers for quite some time now. It was old, one of the first color television sets ever produced, and she'd been determined to fix it when she found it in a miserable state sitting dusty on a resale shop shelf.

She loved old technology, the sturdy feel to it, the strange aesthetic it had. This had also been a massive learning experience, forcing her to study quite a bit, and grow significantly more proficient with delicate tools needed to repair fine electronics. It had taken a while, a lot longer than she'd thought it would if she was being completely honest, but it was all worth it, and she couldn't have been more thrilled as she finally secured the original cleaned body around the inner workings and cathode ray tube, completing her project.

Plugging it in was nerve wracking, and she fumbled the plug a few times. She raced back to the front of the TV and carefully turned it on, eager to see the fruits of her labor. She was pretty sure her high pitched shriek of victory could be heard down the block, but she didn't care, when the screen flickered to life with a pop she felt the most accomplished she ever had.

It had been the start of a hobby, fixing old technologies, collecting relics from the past. Her retro jewelry collection now sprawled across old television sets, computer monitors, and even strange appliances born of the early days of technology. Of all her finds, and accomplishments, though, her favorite memory was always of that first old TV, and the joy she felt as it turned on for the first time.

(301 words)

Winner!
rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deerssert #416 [winner pg 1]

Postby Epiale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:36 pm