Based on Click to view
Artist iStarz & Everly [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Coldwater Creek Walkers (ÇwÇ Walkers) || Spooky Tales Event

Postby iStarz & Everly » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:46 pm

Main Thread- Information - Tutorial - Breeding - Store - Tack -Bank -Competitons - Discovery - Listings - Artist Competition - Mascot Search - Fanclub

Wild Walker & Import Page

During the Spooky Tales event, players are able to earn a mystery spooky walker by creating a scary short story about a horse.

Rules:
- Word count must be between 100 and 1000 words, please do not go over this limit.
- You cannot state the color, eye color and/or any markings of the horse
- You may choose the gender of your walker
- Artists have creative freedom when interpreting your tale into a design
- If you do not like your Walker, you may put them UFA
- Please strike your form once it has been claimed
- Each user only gets to create one story, you do not get to make another one even if you put your walker UFA

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Stable Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Story:[/b] minimum 100 words

---------------------------
For Artists:
[quote][img]http://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/b3RmLjM2LmZhODIxNC5RM0psWVhScGJtY2dWR2hsSUVKeVpXVmsuMAAA/antro-vectra.regular.png[/img]
[color=#FF8400][b][size=150]I[/size][/b][/color][color=DimGrey][size=85]n the late 1980's, a group of well established Tennessee Walker breeders took a stand against the 'big lick way' of showing. They decided to break away from their upper class horse society and create a new breed that would have the high natural gate to rival the big lick, without the harsh training techniques. They first culled their herds, only using the greatest dams and sires to create the foundation for their new breed. They began by cross breeding to the Andalusian and Lipizzan for their large size, grace, and fluid movement, before breeding into quarter horses for their determination and western performance. Appaloosas and Paints were also added for coloration and to boost all-around dicipline skills. The resulting horses were bred to Saddlebreds, Fox Trotters, and then in to Tennessee Walkers again to keep the gaitedness and to increase the breed's height.
The breed was begining to be accepted by the public until people realized the horses didn't have as much of an athletic ability as the creators first promised. People began crossing the new Walkers with Thoroughbreds and Arabians to make up for this set back. After a few years, it was decided that the addition of the Thoroughbred and Arabian gave a positive outcome and bettered the breed, giving them a more athletic apperance and better endurance than before. At the end of developing the breed, the Tennessee Walker was added on yet again to remind us all where the breed first started.[/size][/color][/quote]

[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b] 00.0 hands
[b]Gender:[/b] artist chooses

[b]Discipline:[/b]

[b]Phenotype:[/b]
[b]Genetic:[/b]
[b]Breeding Notes:[/b]

To Adopt this Horse:
End Date:
[code][b]Username:[/b]

[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b] between 15.2 and 17.2 hands

[b]Discipline:[/b] (only one! - [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3438226]options[/url])

[b]Image:[/b]
[/code]

For Hooves & Starz:
[center]

Veterinarian:
[b]Coggins:[/b] negitive; next test in 4 training sessions
[b]Vaccinations:[/b] up to date; due in 4 training sessions

Farrier:
[b]Shoe Type:[/b]
[b]Next Trim:[/b]
[b]Next Reshoeing:[/b]

Tack:
[b]Saddle:[/b] type (+pts)
[b]Saddle Pad:[/b]
[b]Bridle:[/b]
[b]Leg Wraps:[/b]
[b]Bell Boots:[/b]
[b]Halter:[/b]
[b]Lead Rope:[/b]

Training:
[b]Experience:[/b] no xp
[b]Skill Points:[/b] none
[b]Next Session:[/b] any time
[/center]
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Coldwater Creek Walkers (ÇwÇ Walkers) || Spooky Tales Ev

Postby iStarz & Everly » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Event Markings:

Skelly Paint - (Skeske) Example (passes like overo) - Very Rare
Reverse Skelly Paint - (iSkeske) above; reverse skelly paint is a shade of the base coat or black (passes like overo) - Very Rare
Spooky Splash - (Spl_) splash white w/ little ghost/tombstones, spooky stuff drawn into/onto it - Common
Ghost - (St_) transparent white coating over the horse's base coat - Common
^^^^^crate new layer, color white, take off lock alpha, set opacity to 80?ish? Erase one swipe of the layer off the whole body to make it see through, shows the markings/base underneath
Crackle - (C_) lacing/brindle mix; faded pinstriped marking that looks like broken glass - Rare
Reaper Ribbing - (Rm_) ribbing that look like scythes(backwards from normal - point/end faces towards the head instead of at the rump) - Uncommon
Cobweb - (Cw_)looks like a spiderweb - Uncommon
Last edited by iStarz & Everly on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sharklord » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:07 am

Username: Night
Stable Name: Blazing Oasis

Story:
It was a dark night, early October. Jace led his mare through the woodland, looking around nervously. Thunder boomed, and the mare bolted, Jace curled up in a ball on the leaf covered floor. A loud shriek pierced the air,
coming from a stallion. Hoovebeats thundered towards him, and a stallion black as night jumped over Jace. It's face looked like a skull was drawn on it, with white. The stallion payed no mind to Jace, ignoring him and running in the direction of Jace's mare. Hours, minutes really, later, hoovebeats thundered towards him again. The stallion stopped on one side of Jace, eyes like glittering midnight. Jace's beloved mare didn't leap over Jace, but stopped, opposite if the stallion. The mare was no longer a magnificent grey walker. She was almost as dark as the stallion, with the same face. Where her hooves where dissapeard into mist. The stallion and mare moved their heads towards Jace in sync, like robots. Jace shrunk in his skin, well, he thought he did. The two walkers sniffed him, then the stallion kicked him. Falling to the ground with a broken ribcage, Jace cried out. His beloved princesses, his only mare, nipped his ear, and Jace blacked out.

Then I was born. I run free with my mother and father,
who sacrificed their lives so I would live.
Last edited by sharklord on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
sharklord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mongrel » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:49 am

Night♕ wrote:
Username: Night
Stable Name: Blazing Oasis

Story:
It was a dark night, early October. Jace led his mare through the woodland, looking around nervously. Thunder boomed, and the mare bolted, Jace curled up in a ball on the leaf covered floor. A loud shriek pierced the air,
coming from a stallion. Hoovebeats thundered towards him, and a stallion black as night jumped over Jace. It's face looked like a skull was drawn on it, with white. The stallion payed no mind to Jace, ignoring him and running in the direction of Jace's mare. Hours, minutes really, later, hoovebeats thundered towards him again. The stallion stopped on one side of Jace, eyes like glittering midnight. Jace's beloved mare didn't leap over Jace, but stopped, opposite if the stallion. The mare was no longer a magnificent grey walker. She was almost as dark as the stallion, with the same face. Where her hooves where dissapeard into mist. The stallion and mare moved their heads towards Jace in sync, like robots. Jace shrunk in his skin, well, he thought he did. The two walkers sniffed him, then the stallion kicked him. Falling to the ground with a broken ribcage, Jace cried out. His beloved princesses, his only mare, nipped his ear, and Jace blacked out.

Then I was born. I run free with my mother and father,
who sacrificed their lives so I would live.

Whoo this sounds fun! Claim! please strike your form. <3
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boomerandhades » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:55 am

Username: boomerandhades
Stable Name: wild imagination

Story:
Kat one October evening took a ride with chemistry. It was just about sunset. And the sky was as red as the leaves. They walked through a dirt path and something snapped, it sounded like a branch. The wind started to blow and chem spooked. He started to gallop, his eyes were wide and his blood was pumping fast. Leaves fell and hit kat in the face, blinding her. She held on trying to stop him. They got to an open field and finally he spotted dead in his tracks. When kat finally saw what had abruptly stopped him. She was stunned what she saw. In front of her was a horse that looked like a cracked glass. She looked closer to see the horse was dappled. She hopped off chemistry and walked closer. The horse looked with wide eyes at kat. Kat settled down and put her hand out. The horse nuzzled it and put its head down. They formed a bond, one that wouldn’t be broken.
Last edited by Boomerandhades on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wild Imagination Stables
Roleplay! ĆwĆ Tolters
Khims NSW WIK royal adopts
credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Boomerandhades

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mongrel » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:32 am

Username:
Imaginary
Stable Name:
Evening Star Equestrian Center

Story:
Arielle paid no attention to the sound of gravel underneath her pickup truck's wheels as she pulled into the driveway of ESE Center. Her house was just across the road, but she liked to announce her arrival by parking her truck next to one of the three barns at ESE. She knew she had to exercise all of the horses, but that depended on how many of them were in lessons. She tried to remember who she had paired with which horse, but couldn't find it in her mind. I'll just have to go check the board. Arielle pulled the steering wheel to turn her truck into her normal parking spot. She quickly opened the door and jumped into the open air. She strode into the main barn and immediately turned to face the whiteboard to see which horses she'd put in lessons. Odin, Gale, April, Shiloh, Calli, Dia, Ruth and Soliel... meaning Ulysses, Salem, Adeen, and Sinopa needed to be ridden.
She left the barn as soon as she went in, the door slamming behind her, making her flinch. Arielle thought while she walked. Sinopa and Salem live with each other, along with Dia and Gale, so I can bring them in together. Ulysses lives out in the back, with Odin, April, Calli and Soliel. Adeen is near the lesson barn with Shiloh and Ruth, so I could grab her when I'm bringing Ulysses in. She planned it out in a few minutes; she'd go get Ulysses, then get Ruth as she was coming back. Then she could go out and get Sinopa and Salem. She'd ride Sinopa first, then Ruth, and after that, Salem, and finally Ulysses. Arielle decided that she would let a horse or two loose in the ring as she was riding.
She picked up her pace to a brisk jog, headed in the direction of Ulysses's pasture. She looked around, observing the horses she passed. She'd caught Dia playfully chasing and nipping at Gale, their tails waving in the air as they pranced and galloped along. They both stopped for a few seconds to stare at Arielle before continuing on their way. Salem, however, approached her at a slow lope, with Sinopa trailing behind as she normally did. They lifted their heads over the fence, expecting attention. "Mornin', girls!" Arielle called out to them. Normally she would have stopped to give them a few pets, but she didn't. She kept walking.
She unlatched the gate that closed off Ulysses's pasture and stepped inside, closing it behind her. She stood for a few seconds, looking for Ulysses specifically. She sighed when she couldn't find him. Arielle took a deep breath, put two of her fingers in her mouth, and let out a whistle. A second after she whistled, a strange sound rang out. She couldn't identify it, but decided not to worry about it. She stepped back, leaning on the fencing as she waited for Ulysses, who was usually followed by the rest of his little herd. When he didn't appear, she began walking further into the pasture. She whistled twice more before Ulysses finally galloped towards her, with the rest of the horses coming after him. She expected them to stop near her, but they galloped past. She noticed they looked almost... panicked? "Hey!" she yelled to the horses. Odin stopped and looked towards her. The rest of the horses halted. They started towards her, April now leading. The mare stopped in front of her, awaiting Arielle's request. She could tell the mare's focus wasn't fully on her, though; one of her ears pointed towards the other end of the pasture. Arielle moved next to April, bouncing up and down and lightly pressing on her back, anticipating jumping on. She vaulted onto the mare's back, grabbing a handful of mane as she darted off. "Hey," she softly said to her, attempting the calm April. They galloped for a few minutes before she finally got her to slow to a walk. "Ulysses!" she called, hoping to climb from April's back onto his; Ulysses was much more experienced with tackless riding. After a bit of maneuvering, she had the two standing next to each other. She slipped her leg over the stallion's back and pushed off of April's side, and she was off one horse and onto the other. Already way behind the schedule Arielle had set for herself, she urged her horse into a gallop, wrapping handfuls of his mane around her fingers. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, feeling the movements of the stallion underneath her. In a millisecond, Ulysses spooked, nearly sending his rider flying. She clung onto his side for a few moments before swinging herself back up onto his back. What was that about? He never...[/i her thought was left unfinished as clouds shifted to block the sun. Birds flew from trees in huge groups all at once. [i]What the hell?
Arielle noticed she was beginning to hear hoofbeats thundering after her and realized that the entire time she'd been riding, the herd hadn't been following. She looked over her shoulder only to see a singular horse. It came after them at an almost otherworldly speed, its ears pinned, eyes wild, looking for a fight. Arielle spurred Ulysses, her eyes welling up as the wind stung her face, her skin. She felt his hind end lift up and both feet strike out, and off she went. She landed hard, her side hitting the ground. She watched as the horses galloped in a circle around her, Ulysses kicking out at the attacker. It took her a few seconds longer than normal, but she stood. And a few seconds after that, the new horse delivered a kick that knocked her to the ground once more. And with that, she blacked out.
Last edited by mongrel on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Username: HowlingHooves
    Stable Name: The Bold & Noble

Story:
    “There’s a story, one that originated in a time of gunpowder and wooden cabins, with battles abounding while two sides fought one another in the forests and fields of Virginia. Where wildlife was abundant, homes kept warm by banking fires and using heavy woolen blankets and coats. During such times of war, there was a soldier and his horse. And though the horse was small, not nearly as tall as those that great generals rode before their troops, the soldier adored the little mare like nothing else.

But as soldiers did he left for battle when he was called. With nothing to his name but the mare, and not wanting to give her to another who would not treasure her like he did, the soldier took the mare with him. She was asked by the soldiers’ superiors to carry weapons and supplies, and when asked she did without complaint. She was asked to carry the wounded from the field, and when asked she did without complaint. Task after task the little mare was asked to carry out alongside her soldier, and she would do so with him beside her.

But there came a day, a hazy and hot summer day, when the war was on their heels. And her soldier asked her to carry him away after a susurrus of rifles and men crying out. And she did as asked, running and leaping even while guns still fired, her soldier asking her to take him away from the field of battle. She slowed only when her burden grew lighter, field turning to forest slowly. And when her reins caught on a fallen tree, she stopped altogether as she caught what breath she could. But she heard no praises from her soldier, felt no hands patting her heartily for a job well done, smelled only the tang of iron and sweat and the foliage all around her. Turning her head, the mare was in a panic when she spotted an empty saddle, off colored and flakes cracking atop the leather.”

Four children were crouched close together atop a log, breath puffing out as they kept warm by the low fire in front of them. “Wait, what happened to the mare, Mom?” One child asked, the others joining in and wondering the same.

The woman telling the story titled her head sideways, eyebrow lifting up as she eyed the four children across the fire pit. “Nobody knows, really. Some people say she was eaten by wolves, some say she was picked up by a passing envoy of soldiers. In the end, the only thing that everyone does know is she wanders these very fields every summer and fall, looking for the fallen soldier, ghostly and terrifying as she screams for him.”
    461 words
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thiedall © HowlingHooves

Current Work:
Trotter stuff

«——————————»
Range Trotters
Acanthelle
Svedala Walking Equines
«——————————»
Adelaron Trotters
Adelaron SWEs
«——————————»

HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:19 pm

Username: Bentley
Stable Name: Moose Trail

Story: It was always said to avoid the woods at night, that creatures roamed the undergrowth, sharp teeth yearning desperately to catch wandering souls. It was only during the day, they said, that the riding trail was safe.

Helix used to believe the stories, when he was but a foal; they haunted his dreams like the shadows of the bare branches scored the ground during the day - sharp, dark, and tangled. There were nights where he couldn’t sleep, too afraid to be caught by the things unseen. As he grew older, though, like many humans, he grew foolhardy. Confident. He was the target of his own hubris, and he wouldn’t know it until either he grew out of it, or it finally caught up with him.

He decided it was time for an adventure, to prove those old stories wrong.

The October air was cool and damp, thick with the smell of the decaying leaves that had fallen from the few trees that still nurtured life within their scarred trunks. The branches, stirred by the breeze, shivered and shook, creating a death rattle sound that struck him to the bone.

A growl. Helix’s heart sank as fear took hold. He wasn’t prepared for a fight.

Shining eyes peered from the dying brush ahead, glimmering malevolently in the moonlight. Death itself stared him down as he backpedaled, hooves crushing leaves haphazardly as he put space between him and certain harm.

Above him, the near-silent flutter; an owl on the hunt swooped down, talons bared to catch whatever its huge eyes must have seen. The sound and movement were enough -- With a panicked whinny, Helix turned tail and stampeded back to the barn, wanting nothing more than the warm safety of his stall and the presence of the grumpy old bloodhound that guarded the door.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me