Winner
user; memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=239511
name; Torygg
gender; Male
(post)

Honorable Mentions
x1 stubs to tiny little box
x2 stubs to Blukitty53

Due to some odd circumstances this viscet is being reopened for adoption. The general premise for the form will remain the same and this viscet still counts as an August win. So if you have not won a main adopt in August then you can qualify for this viscet!So for this competition I want you to tell me about a hardship or hardships this viscet has endured. There will be opportunities for extras and what not, so no worries. c:

[Form]
Code: Select all
username;
name;
gender;
--
what hardship(s) have they endured? and (optional) how did that effect them?
--
extras;;;

[Rules]
-a minimum of one hardship needs to be explained. minimum word requirement is 200 words and a max of 1200 words for all hardships combined.
-you can also explain how enduring that hardship has effected them. (physically, mentally, emotionally, etc)
-you can have up to 5 extras. each extra is worth either 200 words or 1 piece of art. (no comics; small animations, like blinking or bouncing, are okay)
-prettying up is allowed
-good luck!

End Date: September 22nd, 2017 @ 10pm CST
I may be open to extensions; but I will not extend if requesting user has no work/form shown.

traits
flopped canine - ear variation (uncommon)
lion mane (uncommon)
fox tail (rare)

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3559480][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2915653&size=large&format=png&rev=1503269753[/img][/url]
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1761 - reopened

Postby Mythicalbeast » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:29 am

Res
Mythicalbeast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:37 am

username; Unleashed Squid
name;
gender;
--
--
extras;;; (x5)

res! c:
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virixin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:39 am

username; juice box.
name; Torygg
gender; Male
what hardship(s) have they endured?:

January, 1692....

Torygg's breathing was rapid as wind lashed against his face. His feet moved fast, crunching light prints into the freshly packed layer of snow. His heart was beating like a steel drum, deep and hard in his chest. Tears pricked the corners of his eyes, blurring his vision as he blindly bounded between trees. The occasional branch whacking him upon the muzzle, leaving a searing scratch.

Yells followed not too far behind, the light of torches blazing close behind his shadow. Torygg and his mate had just been convicted for using witchcraft. They already had put his dearest mate on trial, the memories leaving a haunting imagine among his mind. His mate as gone, all due to some rumor spread by a believed close friend of his. Someone had planted a suspicious book within their library, only to be found by said "friend." The rumor had spread quickly like a wild fire, everyone shunning them until the first of their trials. Now, the townsfolk were after him, shouting profanity and declaring him a danger to their town.

His paws skidded to a halt. His path cut off into an abrupt drop off, a river cutting its path down far below. The pounding of footsteps echoed not far behind. Torygg clenched his eyes before he lurched forward. His paws scrapped roughly along pointed rocks, skin breaking slightly against edges. His back bumped roughly as he slid down, struggling to catch himself against a jutting edge.

Rocks crumbled overhead. The townsfolk cursed, yelling out as one or two struggled to follow. Torygg had managed to catch ahold of an edge, hanging weakly as he kicked the air with his back legs. One stretched his paw out, jutting the edge of his torch close to Torygg's face. The heat of the flames sizzled the ends of his fur, his body jolting back on instinct. His claws scrapped the edge of the rock as he frantically struggled to keep hold as he slipped.

He dropped. The world spun around him, the wind buffeting his fur as he dove down towards the rushing water. His heart had lurched to his throat, eyes clenching shut. The air was knocked from Torygg's lungs as he struck the water. It burned his nostrils and eyes, his body being thrown around by the strong current. Miraculously, he had survived such a fall.

He awoke at some point, the amount of time he had been unconscious unknown. He awoke on a shore, spluttering and coughing up water that burned his throat. Torygg's body ached and every muscle screamed in agony as he rose. He staggered before balancing. His eyes were half open, tears pricking once more. He lost everything. His mate. His home. His friends. All because of some plot to have him killed. Torygg shook his head and he peered around, legs shaking as he moved nervously throughout the area. This place was unknown. Untouched snow still littered the world, branches weighed down. It glistened faintly from the rising sun's light. His mate would have loved such a sight.

Torygg let out a sigh, wincing as a sharp pain rippled beneath his front legs. He hunched, moving slowly as he eased his way between a maze of the trees. Luckily, the townsfolk had declared him dead, thinking there was no absolute way anyone could survive a fall from that height. He turned his head, gaze sadly peering in the direction of the town. His heart ached before he finally moved on. Despite his internal struggle, Torygg needed to find some where safe to sleep. His stomach growled weakly in response. Life without his mate and home would be difficult. He didn't quite know how he could survive such an idea.

Yet he had to. He had been chased from his home. His mate was killed from a false rumor. From that moment, Torygg had sworn revenge on that friend who decided to stab him directly in the back.

[661 words]

----------------------------------------------------------

extra:

December, 1692....

Word has spread from creature to creature. All witches from the town had been exterminated. The town was free, the so called 'hexes' reversed. The so called scourage was defeated, the townsfolk celebrating with confident joy. They had built a fire in the middle of the town, stacking wood and furniture from homes now vacant. It was set ablaze, flames licking at the wide open starry sky, crackling almost muted by the cheers and happy cries of the townsfolk.

A hooded moved between houses, gaze sliding over what remained of the town. They had placed many on trial, all but one suffering a terrible end. This figure had almost seemed to jump between shadows. His cloak hid him well, hood covering all but his nose. A hatred burned in his heart as he glared at the sight of the celebration. A smirk curled his lips as he grew ready to destroy their festivities.

They had their backs to him, drinking from tankards and dancing with anyone they could find. Sparks flew from the fire, dancing across the sky like a dozen fireflies. Tankards clinked as cheers were made. A sudden scream startled the group, tankards striking the cobblestone pavement with dull thumps, the drinks splattering. The townsfolk turned, struggling to find the source of the screaming. One pointed, crying out.

Torygg stood on a roof, hood back. His eyes were blazing, a soft glow around both paws. The townsfolk were frozen in fear, eyes wide as they gazed upon their once friend. Hatred boiled from his body, eyes darkened as he glared down at them. Oh, why of course. Torygg had gone and learned how to control magic since he had been chased out. Now, he was finally going to get revenge for the murder of his mate. His pelt bristled beneath his cloak, jaw tensed as he raked his gaze over the faces to spot the one who betrayed him.

He jumped down, the group scuttling backwards until he barked out. "Do NOT move!" His voice boomed, teeth gritting as he stormed forward. They were frozen solid, each holding their breath. Torygg scanned them again, now closer. His gaze locked onto his once close friend, paws clenching tightly. "You.. step forward!"
    His voice was harsh. The demand echoed throughout the now dead silent town. Shaking, the Viscet slowly stepped forward before Torygg, ears pinned backwards. Yet a smug look formed in his eyes, a little smirk tugging the corner of his mouth.

Torygg's heart clenched, tears pricking. He ground his teeth before speaking, eyes dark with his rage. "How could you? Because of you, my life was torn apart. Vyktoria was taken away from me because of you! I lost everything!" He yelled now, tail lashing back and forth as he glared down upon the other. The other rolled his eyes, cocking his head to the right. "What do you mean, Torygg? You mean telling everyone the truth? That you and your little Vyktoria were practicing witchcraft?" He pointed out with an innocent little shrug, "I was only saving our town." The tone of his voice angered Torygg even more.

He took a threatening step forward, glaring down. He was breathing heavily, steam from his warm breath radiating off his nose into the chilly air. Torygg's muscles were tense and his mouth opened. "We never did any of that, you sick liar." The other laughed coldly, gesturing to Torygg's paws. "Lying? I think not, my friend. You were just using your witch abilities. You should have been burned when we had the chance!"

It was Torygg's turn to sneer. "Oh, of course now I am. But back then, Vyktoria and I had nothing to do with witchcraft. I only learned it's ways to bring my revenge on you and the others." He lifted his paws. The townsfolk screamed, running over each other to escape. Torygg closed his eyes, a curse forming on his lips as he recited words he had learned for this exact moment.

The townsfolk were in a panic. Fear pierced their hearts as they struggled to run. The fire loomed threateningly over Torygg as he spoke. His words were in another language, unknown to their ears. His eyes snapped open on the last word, a grin creeping over his lips. Throwing his hood back over, Torygg took off back into the night. The howls of fear pierced his ears as he ran, eyes radiating in the soft light of the full moon. Snow was falling lightly now, coating over the last layer that had fallen. An owl screeched in the distant, almost drowned out by the town's cries.

Turning, Torygg smirked. He stood overhead on a hill. Candles in the windows had been blown out, doors barred shut by furniture. He chuckled lowly, retreating back as he knew their punishment would follow not long after. He had cursed the town in a manner he found perfect.

Every night at this exact time, for an hour, the ghosts of the murdered would come to haunt and distress the townsfolk. They earned it after all. Torygg stepped quickly through the falling snow, lowering his hood when he was far enough. His heart ached once more and his gaze softened. He turned to peer up at the gentle moon, a sad smile creasing his lips.

"I'm sorry, Vyktoria. It should have been me. Not you.. He was right, I did practice witchcraft.. Y-You just didn't know, sweetheart.. This is all my fault.." Torygg whispered into the air, smile dropping. Tears pricked the corners of his eyes and he sighed. His form hunched as he made his way back to his new home. His heart fell.. hollow. He no longer had the love his life beside him, and it truly was his fault. His steps were crooked, head down. The snow began to fall heavy, coating even the hunched form of the male in a light dust. The moon was the only light to guide him back home.

[1000 words]
Last edited by Virixin on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Virixin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:39 am

username;
name;
gender;
--
--
extras;;;

res with becoming forever lost in a winter storm
but told from point of view of the wind.
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Ash Wolf~ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:45 am

Mark
Image Image
~Ash Wolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Shaded- » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:56 am

username;
name;
gender;
--
--
extras;;;

Survived the first summer
╔════════════════════════════╗
They/Them | Virgo | Artist/Animator
----
Hey, I'm -Shaded-
I enjoy lots of things like music, art,
Panic! at the disco, and voltron! *cough* plance.
If you have a good plance fanfic please Pm me lol

-----
To-do: Not die
DA - Characters - Art Shop - Art Fite
Viscets - Dork - Amarhi
ImageImageImage
Avatar By- Yugi | Center Sig pixel- me
I do own the character Romero (avatar) and Nora (siggy)

╚════════════════════════════╝
-Shaded-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mellow yellow. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:58 am

mark

Howdy! I'm mellow yellow., but yall can call me mellow if ya want. I'm finally returning to chicken smoothie and I couldn't be better!

My Toyhou.se

My Deviantart

My Twitter
mellow yellow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Razors » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:07 am

username;
name;
gender;
--
--
extras;;;
Razors

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lunala. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:21 am

username; aalex.
      name; Beethoven
      gender; cis male
      --
      --
      extras;;;

res with snow rescue
      search n recieve
lunala.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me