Time spent 1 hour, 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1723- Leave Something of the Happiness You Bring

Postby Strudel » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:33 pm

Name: Roman
Owner: milo.

Second of my literary-inspired viscets-- this one is of Bram Stoker's Dracula
When I took English 1020, I was required to write an essay on Dracula. I had read the novel once, but I had been really young and hadn't exactly understood anything past the surface of the story. Re-reading it made the tale fresh and meaningful for me. It became one of my favorite books, and it was definitely my favorite paper when I was finished.

“Once again...welcome to my house. Come freely. Go safely; and leave something of the happiness you bring.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula

This contest will revolve around the quote from above.

Code: Select all
[b][u]Username[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]:
[b][u]How does this viscet bring happiness to others (or at least how do they [i]believe[/i] they bring happiness to others?)[/u][/b]: Min. 200 words, max 1000
[b][u]Do they relate to a character found in [i]Dracula[/i]? Or so, how? If not, give me a brief rundown of their personality[/u][/b]: Max 300 words

• You are allowed 2 extras. 400 words each
  • Prettying up is allowed
  • Extras are not required
  • Be as creative with the prompt as you like
  • Keep things CS friendly (so PG)

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3546474][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2903798&size=large&format=png&rev=1502156075[/img][/url]

End date; 8/17
Last edited by Strudel on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1723- Leave Something of the Happiness You Bring

Postby magpiemochi. » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:43 pm

W H E E Z E

strudel, your designs always make me scream they're so good

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:32 pm

Username:

milo.
      Name:

Fitzgerald

male

How does this viscet bring happiness to others (or at least how do they believe they bring happiness to others?):

Fitzgerald is a humble male, driven by optimism and simple joy in the world around him. He's a dancer, a singer, and an actor all in one-- a triple threat many may say, so he has various tricks up his sleeve in order to make just about anyone cheerful if he needs to. At least... he tries to cheer everyone up to the best of his abilities. Fitzgerald lives in a depressing time-- the skies are dreary and grey to match the mood of most everyone in his small town and aside from entertainment in the form of unnecessary fights in the streets, his town doesn't get to experience much. This is why Fitzgerald has taken it upon himself to busk every afternoon. His preference is the piano while playing instruments ( which he does perform for the more lavish and wealthy up North in a glorious concert hall ), but on the streets where many tend to pace and stray simply for no other reason than boredom, the pristine male sings his heart out and acts out little skits ( often times, speaking to himself in silly voices to differentiate between the characters he's portraying ).

When other buskers play their own instruments, Fitzgerald has taken to grabbing random on-lookers from the crowds to dance with. He believes his antics and playful demeanor help brighten the town's otherwise melancholy aesthetic, and he hasn't the slightest intention in stopping. He isn't tired of it, not at all. The smiles he can put on others faces and the joy he can bring to others as well is the reason Fitzgerald stays in the unsavory parts of town. He was once in their position after all, and he understands that sometimes all someone really needs to pick them up again is the exuberance of another who thoroughly enjoys life. Perhaps it's a gentle reminder that not all is lost to the grey.

Though he tends to focus on those he knows needs joy the most-- it would be naive and foolish of him to think the wealthy are without negative shrouds as well. Because of such, most weekends he travels North to the wealthier neighbourhoods. He's a regular in their concert hall, and the auditorium tends to fill up immediately when they know there's a show featuring Fitzgerald. Piano is his typical, and many like to stay behind to chat with him about his performances. Singing is his next best thing-- the rich come far and wide to watch him sing, act and perform musical numbers.
        (420)
      Do they relate to a character found in Dracula? If so, how? If not, give me a brief rundown of their personality:

Fitzgerald is incredibly kind and incredibly humble. He is without judgement and he is without malice toward all-- even if you're an awful, terrible individual, Fitzgerald will find the good inside of you. In his world there is always a silver lining, no matter what situation and no matter who and what and why and where or how. He finds the good in everything, even if there is hardly a hope in finding anything at all. Fitzgerald grew up in the poorer parts of town, living in poverty and without much of anything but grey and fog... but he always did his best to be cheerful. Without these experiences, he wouldn't be the successful male he is today. He embraces his past in order to embrace his future and he lets any bad experiences go. There's no sense in dwelling.

When he sings, plays or acts, not only does it bring joy to himself but it brings him utter euphoria to know that he brings joy to others as well. He is definitely one of the most fiercely loyal viscets you'll meet, and your very best friend if you'll allow him to be.
        (190)
Last edited by milo. on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiny little box » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:51 pm

Username: tiny little box
Name: Drac
How does this viscet bring happiness to others (or at least how do they believe they bring happiness to others?)
Drac is a small time film maker with big dreams but a small budget.He travels the many corners of the land recording what he believes is high quality art.As a little gimmick he sets up his own little tent shows off his silent films for 2 cents at a time.He just loves to see the reaction of people either watching in awe or being feared that the creatures on the screen will come out and get them.

As much as he would like to be a cheerful and charitable guy he suffers from a severe case of grabby fingers.But hey don't blame him.He only steals what is necessary to make and edit his films and promptly and quietly gives it all back to the bank and quickly skit skaddle out of the way out of town on the next train ride.He once went to a small little town to make a film about how false the Wild West really was.He spent most of the year making a short three minute movie featuring the small town of whitendale.Which is one of the reasons why it exists today.Although it never made back his money he was proud of himself of the cleaver camera work and only a little disappointed at the very cheesy acting.
Do they relate to a character found in Dracula? Or so, how? If not, give me a brief rundown of their personality:
He likes to think he is like Dracula,dark and Bruting but in reality he is a overly cheerful talkative show man with a killer smile and a well crafted hand.He loves to flirt with any of the dames he sees which usually gets a slap to the face but he doesn't mind all that much
Last edited by tiny little box on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Can you 100% certainty prove that I actually exist?

Bi/dragon/pretty gay

Hmhmhmhmhmhm
hm
hm
hm
hm
tiny little box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgiboy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Username:
Name:
How does this viscet bring happiness to others (or at least how do they believe they bring happiness to others?): Min. 200 words, max 1000
Do they relate to a character found in Dracula? Or so, how? If not, give me a brief rundown of their personality: Max 300 words
corgiboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lex » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:26 pm

M A RK
just kidding im back a little
lex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LazyWolf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:11 am

Username: LazyWolf
Name: Lucas
How does this viscet bring happiness to others (or at least how do they believe they bring happiness to others?): Lucas thinks he brings happiness to others by telling wonderful fairy tales. He is a phenomenal story teller and can change the mood A persons feels in a matter of seconds. He also likes to express himself through his stories. If he is feeling down he will usually be the villain or the tragic hero. But if he is in a good mood he'll be the heroic character that everyone adores. Lucas also thinks he brings people happiness by just being his dorky self! He loves to read comic books and makes silly references all the time. He will even dress up as a character to get a few laughs! But most importantly he likes to make kids happy, he dresses up for kids at parties sometimes. And at the end of the day Lucas would just like a warm cup of tea, a comic book, and loving family and friends.
Do they relate to a character found in Dracula? Or so, how? If not, give me a brief rundown of their personality: No, I don't think he does.. So I will give you a quick run down of his personality! Lucas is usually shy and introverted, but can be easily brought out of his shell if close friends or family is close by. Lucas is also pretty patient and gentle, but can sometimes lash out randomly, which is a big problem for him. Because of this he became very shy, and usually didn't leave the house without a family member. But thankfully his friends and family are working on helping him :3.

(Sorry I'll make it pretty later :3 so I guess wip!)
xx𝓘 𝓵𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
x
x
𝓬
𝓻
𝔂
𝓲
𝓷
𝓰

x⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜
credit
LazyWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mellow yellow. » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:49 am

Username: Sweet and Salty
Name: tbd
How does this viscet bring happiness to others (or at least how do they believe they bring happiness to others?): Min. 200 words, max 1000
Do they relate to a character found in Dracula? Or so, how? If not, give me a brief rundown of their personality: Max 300 words

Wip
mellow yellow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:37 am

Bram Stokers is one of my favorite Books.

Username: Angelus Gaston
Name: Drake Morgan
How does this viscet bring happiness to others (or at least how do they [i]believe they bring happiness to others?)
:
Drake is actually the owner of a Club none as The UnderWorld it’s a safe haven for all manner of Dark Creatures and is often used as a refuge for those who have recently moved to the city. It isn’t just about making one happy it’s about providing a home for those who wouldn’t have one a place where they can feel safe and be themselves where old and new come together trading old tales and learning the ways of this strange world they have just stepped in to.
Being from an old family it’s all about family with Drake and he treats every single human or Demon who walks through his door as such, he knows those who have stayed there by name and even those who are new he takes the time to get to know them listening to their stories and making them feel welcome. He will not turn them away unless they do something so unspeakable that his home is no longer welcoming to them as shelter.
Watching those come and go with smiles on their faces shows the work he has put in to in creating this safe haven were most everyone is welcome to come and stay.

Do they relate to a character found in Dracula? Or so, how? If not, give me a brief rundown of their personality:
Well-spoken and sophisticated Drake is the well-mannered host that he comes across as unless you make him mad that is. A lover of fine art and music it took Drake awhile to get use to the noise that is often played in the Club its one of the reasons his office is far enough away from the main club and sound proofed so he can escape the noise and take time to relaxe by himself.

Hope I am not to late for this I just couldnt get this boys design out of my head.

[/i]
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strudel » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:28 am

This ends tonight at 10 CST
If you haven't finished your form, be sure to have it finished by then for it to count!

*Edit*
This is now closed for judging
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me