Time spent 1 hour, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Guest

Viscet #1616

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:37 pm

Another one before I head on vacation next week c:
    This one has armor based off the atlas beetle !

Owner: D-Send ( post )
    Name: Niles Lowkey
    Gender for breeding purposes: Male
    Owned as of: 8.2.17

This one will be an unlimited impress me because you may have to fight me for it
    There is one requirement but the rest is all up to you !

Prettying up is a yes; but please no bright neon colors or large clumps of text
    Off site forms are okay as well!

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Gender for breeding purposes:[/b]
    [b]Beetle gif:[/b]

Mutations // None
    End date // July 30th, 12pm Eastern

--------------

Need some inspiration? wrote:- What is the meaning of their armor?
    - Where they'd get their armor?
    - Experiences on the battlefield?
    - What is their current status?
    - Who are they today?
Last edited by Guest on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Viscet #1616

Postby ShrimpnamedLuka » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Username: Suga Yoongi
Name: Orion
Gender for breeding purposes: Male
Beetle gif:

Extra:

Last edited by ShrimpnamedLuka on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
ShrimpnamedLuka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Parasitic Rat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:07 pm

My baby Tsuru is open for friends! She's based off a beetle, too <3
Parasitic Rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frost blight » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:26 pm

dropping I got mine for the month
Last edited by frost blight on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hello my name is frost blight you can call me frost or blight I am fairly new to chicken smoothie was introduced by my bf to this site and hes showing me around. I may ask a lot of questions sorry if I bug anyone.
My characters
My Viscets
My main Man
frost blight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maritime. » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Username: D-Send
    Name: Niles Lowkey
    Gender for breeding purposes: male
    Beetle gif:

Occupation History: Shepherd, Former gladiator/mercenary, currently ruler/leader of the Beetle Kingdom

Sunny Shepherding Days

I grew up alone, no one knew who my parents were, if I had any other living relatives or family to trace my roots to, or where I even came from. I don't really remember growing up too vividly either, just some memories that were good, bad, sad, or just something plain I wouldn't expect to remember. I was taken in by a pair of friendly viscets, they were very kind to me and they were shepherds so sometimes one of them or all of us would journey during the spring with the herd of livestock. The village was a bit strange since one of their main livestock were giant beetles, no not like a Goliath beetle, like actual cow sized beetles. The cow sized beetles were beetles that just matured, the actual size would be around a size an average viscet could mount and ride at the average. I remember growing up fascinated with these beetles and finding smaller species of them and catching them. I'd collect them as well and sometimes attended beetle fights with the other young viscets in the village. Later on I found out that I had a gift that some other villagers had, the gift of communicating with wildlife, it was no easy task to develop or learn to actually communicate back with the animals in the village but I eventually got the hang of it. I had some rebellious and days where I was hot headed or would stick around with the livestock than the other viscets but I grew up in a pretty peaceful environment. I had believed that life would always be good and that the world would revolve around the yearly journeys with the flocks of beetles, sheep, and cows and eventually if I was lucky enough I could find myself a partner.

The Dark Days of Mortal Greed

Around my teenage years the village began to drop down to the state of poverty, not many travelers passed by and our trade/travel routes were modernizing and weren't really in need of our livestock, crops, or products as much as they used to. I remember these times clearly as they have played in a big part in shaping me and leading me to where I am now. My village was in a secluded area in a valley between the mountains and the ocean, beyond the mountains were many plains and many towns that would rely on trading with us. I was worried when I noticed that some of the villagers would often leave for periods of time and come back as if nothing happened, it was very suspicious but I didn't think much of it then. My father figure had fallen ill and my mother figure had started to work more and more to try and gather enough money to purchase medicine. I began to work too for I feared losing the two parental figures that I had who kindly taken me in and raised as their own child. When the end of summer neared I was left to mourn and dig their graves and received grievances from the other villagers, my father figure passed from illness and my mother figure was found deceased a ways from the village clutching the medicine and a cape which were both given to me. I mourned for days as I took over the chores and inherited the land and livestock. I packed away some of my valuables and mementos as well as photographs and entrusted them to one of the giant atlas beetles I named Winston and later on tucked the medicine with it then proceeded to examine the cape. It was a deep green and transparent cloth that was resistant to some weather and held together by some chains and was split down the middle and it reminded me of beetle wings and decided to slip it on for the days to come. The next night as I was locking things up one of the suspicious villagers came up to me which raised my suspicion. They spoke to me, "Forgive us Niles." and the next thing I knew was that I was struck out of no where by someone and fell unconscious. As I became to regain consciousness I heard voices, conversations, sales bartering. I was being sold for money, my heart sank as I opened my eyes to bars and rope bindings for I was being sold by people I knew and being taken away from my home. I was sold to corrupt nobles who put me through combat training and was made to fight against other viscets as a gladiator with only a light leather set of armor for protection. I was scared, confused, a bit angry, but I wanted to survive so I made sure that I became stronger, sly, clever, and tricky. All the while I would be learning things in order to escape, it made things easier that champions would be taken out for fresh air as staff would brag and gloat. While the staff became distracted I was able to ensure my escape and secure my freedom. During these times I had also started to earn a name by the masses, I'd be introduced as Lowkey due to the surname I taken on from my foster parents but everyone insisted on calling me Loki instead for how I would fight my matches. By the end of autumn I successfully escaped with my contract and tore it up ensuring that I was a free man and joined my patron in the line of mercenary work since I would need to be able to get back home or at least make a living if going home would take too long. Jobs were very plentiful in winter and it was a little hard to keep warm and eat decently as pay sometimes weren't as good most days but I saved up for forging materials and commissioned a blacksmith to forge me some armor so I could take on some riskier jobs and be able to travel more safely. The armor composed of a chest piece that fitted over my cape with a couple chains in the back to keep my cape from flapping out too much and had a couple of spikes to balance the design. To compliment this a tail guard covered a portion of my tail in a series of spiked plates covering the top of my tail strapped on with a couple of chain links. I continued on as a mercenary as I studied maps to plot my way back to my village but as time passed the thought of returning began to fade as survival and money clouded my mind for a war began to break out in the kingdom I currently resided in with neighboring towns and kingdoms.

Remembrance, Journey, and Ascension

Times were hard, the what was first said as a battle then said to be a very short conflict turned into long winters of war. Everyone was dying inside and outside, winter brought sickness and starvation as war brought on loss and continued conflict. Work was hard and the pay was little and eventually I had to go to the front lines and stake out the winter there and when the post there fell I returned back to the kingdom as the onslaught grew closer. The queen was upset and in fear of the coming danger and yet she did nothing herself and continued to stay locked away in her castle in warmth and without worry of starvation and continued to let her generals take charge. One general I had gotten to know and became good friends with approached me one day, he was tired and worn out that it was a miracle that he was still standing. The reason of his visit was to request something of me, his words were, "Loki, I know times are hard now and I need your help. I have not much to pay you sadly but we have until before summer starts before this kingdom and everyone else falls. The queen refuses to do anything and instead is planning to flee before the other armies reach the castle and the council is in chaos as everyone is fending for themself." I cut him off there, "What about you? Are you trying to hire me out of favor to defend yourself too? Look man, I'm barely getting paid work nowadays, I'm starving too you know, unless your paying in something valuable, money, or food I'm going to have to decline." He grabs me and looks me dead in the eye and I freeze as I realize that he's dead serious. "Loki, no, Lowkey, I want you to help me with an evacuation. I'm still trying to figure out where but I can get carts, carriages, whatever supplies and livestock we'll need for the journey. There's kids in an orphanage that I've been keeping an eye on for a while and there's word that this town is going to be razed like other towns since we're so close to the castle. There may not be hope for me or most everyone else but I want these kids to have a future, i'm begging you here Lowkey. I'll give you what I can in payment, I just want these kids in a safe place." I paused as all this sank in and the memories of abandonment and kindness flooded back to me then looked at him sincerely. "Until summer? I'll search when the snow melts, I might have a place in mind but you better not betray me for this. We'll talk payment after I find a place.", I say to the general as he nods in relief and we both spend the rest of the snow days discussing and planning the journey. It came down to me, him, a few other adults, and twenty children for the size of the party which would be slightly unusual but escapees had larger parties if they were from a kingdom too. When the snow melted I took my map and sought out my village to no avail for it was empty, or so I thought. I had sat down dispirited when I heard the loud buzz of wings and looked up to a giant atlas beetle, it was big enough for me and almost two others to mount on. It spoke, "Niles, it's you, it's been a long time, I never thought i'd see you again. I was worried when you entrusted all those precious things to me and when I heard that you were taken and sold off." I blinked hard and stood up and looked the beetle over as it watched me calmly then I saw the bag. "Winston, holy mackerel your still alive!", I bursted out and he buzzed his wings in amusement, "What happened here? Where is everyone? Also I need your help." He gave me a look and I knew to follow him for a walk and I learned that the majority of the villagers abandoned the place and never came back but before then let loose the beetle livestock and I told him my story and current situation for the search of a safe haven. Winston stopped walking then turned to face me, "Niles, i'm glad you came but I know a place where you and your group can stay. After all, we've all been waiting for you. We all took turns coming here everyday except for when it snowed in hopes of you showing up." Winston lead me to a place filled with beetles, many were my own livestock and I was delighted to see them thriving and some old faces and that the land was rich and fertile. Actually the land was small enough to be a kingdom if enough people lived there. After talking with the familiar faces I returned back to the kingdom where the general and children were waiting with Winston and a few other giant beetles carrying food and water. We left in a hurry since we were spotted and were pursued, the journey was long and me and the general both were the only ones capable of fending off our pursuers as the other guards protected the caravan and the children. The pursuers gave up once we neared my old village and things were peaceful then, the children were scared but we all took turns telling stories and chatting to lift their spirits and drive away their fears. I noticed that the general wasn't as energetic and seemed to be slower. his pelt a duller sheen everyday until we reached a hill just where our new home would be. The general sat down on a rock and told everyone that he would catch up and I pulled back to check on him. "Hey now, don't tell me that your getting too old on me general, your too tough and stubborn as a bull for that.", I teased and he weakly laughed then sat down his armor which was similar to mine but tarnished a dark brown at the metal, the spikes possibly being animal bone. "Loki, I didn't want to tell anyone but there's not really much fooling you since you can always tell something was up but I got struck in one of those bouts. I didn't want to worry anyone or keep the caravan from moving on so I didn't say anything.", the general said as my eyes saw the bandages. "How long have you kept quiet? Why didn't you say anything sooner? No, why not tell us once we were in the clear?", I began to demand as he laughed then patted a log for me to sit down at which I did. "Loki, tell my men that they're free to go and live out their lives. I'm a general of a kingdom, when it goes down, i'll go down with it. It's nice to see you changed since you first came to the kingdom, heck this land here could be a kingdom too, just a really small one. Before I forget, here, I had this made while you were gone looking for a place. It's not much but I think this is good enough of a payment, sorry about the color though.", he handed me a large heavy parcel wrapped in cloth. I unwrapped it and my jaw dropped as I gaped at a metal helm that was tarnished a dark brown but it was well made and the metal was probably really valuable but it had horns on it that reminded me of stag beetles. "Dear stags, how much was this and how did you get the materials and money for this?", I began to stutter and the general laughed again, his strength fading as he looked at me with twinkling eyes. "I always kept my eye out for you, I'm not too sure why but I've had all this saved up for myself but I decided to use it for you whether or not I would make it. It's your now, and my belongings too. This old man needs to rest now but before that, what's your actual name? I know it's not Loki and Lowkey's your surname." I looked at him with deep respect and sadness for his words sank in all too well, "Niles, Niles Lowkey. I was abandoned but taken in by kind viscets who's surname I took on as my own as they treated me as their own child." he nodded as he repeated my name a few times then smiled. "Niles, I wish you the best in in life and all this world has to offer." I nodded and helped him ease down as he closed his eyes and was still. I joined the caravan later and many things happened. His men grieved and we gave the general a proper burial and a cheery funeral in accordance to what we all thought that he would have wanted. The villagers that stayed behind from the migration helped everyone settle in and the guards came up to me and brought up plans in which the villagers decided to back. I was hesitant for like the general they had wanted to make this land into a kingdom and nodded then asked who the ruler would be. The children rushed over and the beetles all buzzed chanting my name, I was in shock and became stubborn as I denied and claimed that I would be a bad ruler but eventually and with much reassurance with help and support from everyone I gave in. It was the peak of summer and the sun was setting as I put on my cape and the armor bequeathed to me by the general then followed some of the guards over to a gathering where our kingdom's history would begin and my coronation taking place and I swore my vows and took the oath as the helm was placed onto my head. It was a bittersweet and solemn event that lead into a festival with fireworks as the night ended with the birth and ascension of a newly formed kingdom of beetles and viscets.

Personality:

Niles is kind at heart, empathetic, very adaptable and easy to influence. He can get hurt a little easily but eventually lets things go and carries on with his life as he is self aware and knows about his priorities. He will protect the innocent and easy to show mercy to the wicked when they are defeated in battle. Peace loving and caring to his friends and "family" with a fondness for nature and respect towards others. Sometimes is incapable of putting enough trust into someone or a stranger but will eventually let them in. Usually looking for anyway to allow him and his kingdom to survive even though the present times are stable he tends to feel paranoia towards losing everything he's helped his friends and families shape in their new life.
Last edited by maritime. on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
maritime.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vluwu » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:50 pm

╭ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ╮
Name ; Mire
v Click for fourm. v Still a WIP
╰ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ╯
Last edited by Vluwu on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

▪ code by Vluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ▪

DATHAF

▸HELLO !MY NAME'S VLU,
My old username was blukitty53, and on other websites i may be shrickerdoosle,
My interest's include writing, drawing, culinary, and video & online games! I'm trying
animation and other creative arts slowly, but school keeps me busy! I love to create
and build characters by drawing and writing about them. Creating art for my characters
and friends always brings a smile to my face. have a wonderful day/night ♥
━━━━━━━━━ [ ✦ ✦ ] ━━━━━━━━
[ ▪ FEMALE ▪ INFP ▪ GEMINI ▪ ]
Vluwu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alyxmin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:04 pm

────────────────────────────

name. 甲虫 (Kabutomushi, japanese for ''beetle''
nicknames. just call him beetle, or beet (yes, it's weird)
gender. male
gender (breeding). male

pos traits. strong, loyal, brave
neu traits. ambitious, sarcastic
neg traits. stubborn, hot-headed, impatient

history and personality. beetle was born a stormy night, a sign he would be a tough viscet to raise. he was stubborn as a baby and stronger than most viscets his age. he would cry and scream if he didn't get what he wanted right away, and he's kept that bit all of his life. he can never wait for you to do something if you're way too slow. he is brave, standing up for others if they aren't rude to him. he's sarcastic and very ambitious with his goals. now, back to his history. he's had trouble all of his life with writing and is commonly made fun of for not having the best grammar. but then he will probably draw on your face with a sharpie at recess. he's a bit of a prankster, though he is hardly ever caught up in his acts. he is in love with black and dark browns, so that's the only thing you will see him wearing.
I was writing a history then accidentally thought it was a personality. not deleting it, because I'm lazy.

beetle gif. look above, but if you need more here.
notes.
- he's in love obsessed with beetles
- he's a night-owl
- even though he's a night-owl, he hates owls
- he hates bug killers.
- he thought once viscets who crushed beetles would crush him if they knew his name's meaning.
- don't anger him, trust me on this one
- only wears black or dark brown.
- he ripped up photos of him in any other color besides black or brown.
- he has 'perfect' grammar, don't mention it to him though

extra. i'm suddenly wanting so many viscets, since i don't even have one yet. anyways, this viscet was adorable! it was a pleasure to write about the lil boy.
he isn't a lil boy though, he's like sixteen in viscet years. i don't even know if viscet years are a thing.
here to lurk. only here once in a blue moon
alyxmin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:25 am

I thought of Loki when I saw this bab heh x33
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:13 am