Viscet #1515 - Golden Star Light by Shadow Striker

Based on Click to view
Artist Shadow Striker [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 1
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1515 - Golden Star Light

Postby Shadow Striker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Some of you may recognize this fella, as this design was used as an entry during the last phase! I modified it a bit and cleaned it up a bit more though. It was my favorite entry I did, so I wanted it to become reality :> Anyyywhoo, this designed is extremely loosely based off of Twenty One Pilots "House of Gold"

For this comp, its extremely free range. You have 1000 words total to do what ever you want with, but no art. prettying up is okay, but won't count towards judging (: I want to see character development and writing only. Keep in mind, its better to have 600 words of good development than 900 of filler things. You can break it up into different segments or use the 1000 words doing one thing, its up to you! This will end on 6/20

User: Lady Lightwing.
Name: Istanu
Owned As of: 06/24/17
Last edited by Shadow Striker on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar is made by the wonderful Yugi
~My Viscets~

Mordecai and Aonani owned by me.

Art by bellumi
Marrock and Whispering Echoes owned by me.
Aviana owned by ~Phantom
Art By Grifforik
Shadow Striker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1515 - Golden Star Light

Postby ~Phantom » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:09 pm

Mark!
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnakeScales » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Username: SnakeScales
Name: Horizon
Gender for Breeding Purposes: male
Writing:

res with my souL
what a gorgeous viscet!! (and based off house of gold yesss twenty one pilots)
    xxxxxxxxxxImage
    Alexander, call me Alex - male - bi - dragon cave
    ♡s: drawing, zombies,
    Fall Out Boy, tøp,
    musicals (Hamilton, Heathers, BMC, DEH)
    kpop
    pixel by Selkie, avatar by me, my character/s
    xxxxxvery inactive on this site
SnakeScales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Alex_ » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:34 am

Username: _Alex_
    Name: Babylon
    Gender for Breeding Purposes: Female
    Writing:
      once, before time had been brought into existence, they simply existed. in this time, they were neither alive nor dead, they just were. for stars, clusters of gas and heat and fire, have no life, yet nor do they lack it. they just are. and that is what they were: stars. hundreds, or thousands, or perhaps millions of stars, hanging precariously in the nothingness of the sky.

for all of before time, their stars did not connect. did not know each other. it wasn't until a king wove them together to woe his love did they shift. growing closer together until they were one body made of many. a constellation formed in the likeness of his love. but still, they were not alive. they only existed. for the king was thrown into a void of nothingness before his magic could be completed. they watched the creation of time, an evil so dark it's vastness is incomprehensible, in the way that inanimate things can.

they spent millennia circling around each other. their body constantly fighting against itself, desperate to escape the unnatural pull of magic. but it was impossible. for the will of gas and heat and fire and gravity is no match for the strength of a kings' love. it's not until the fabric of reality splits apart and the exiled king and his trapped love burst from the seams on a tide of magic stronger than comprehension do they begin to gain a sense of becoming. they for the first time, can see themselves as a whole, as many merging into one. they can not yet see or think or believe, but they can feel. and that is the start.

perhaps three decades pass, and then they feel a disruption. a tugging on parts of their self that is strange, unusual, unheard of, new. they investigate, many minds working as one, and they can feel him: the exiled king. together, they feel as the ex-king summons his magic, coaxing what little remains of it out of the very fabric of the universe. they feel as he throws it around them like a net and begins to draw it tight, forcing them to move even closer together. his magic is tight and binding, as it forces them into one physical being, one of three dimensions with fire for bones and gas for blood and heat for flesh. they have been reshaped, reformed, into what can best be described as a viscet, and yet, they still lack life.

in this new form, they can feel even more than ever before. and so it is with ease that they feel the ex-king begin to weep. they feel the universe shaking as he reaches inside of his chest and pulls out a small thread of his essence. they feel the cold harsh pain as the king shoves the bit of his own essence deep into their core. they feel as they slowly gain the life which they had never known.

they come to life slowly. first gaining the ability to see. to observe the universe around them in a way which they had never been able to do so before. then, then they develop the ability to think. they start out with simple thoughts, recognizing different parts of their body, working together to move one limb, working up until they have a complete sense of self. until they can deliberate on certain tasks and argue certain points and most of all believe.

it's after they've gained this ability to believe, the last step in their formation, that they realize the ex-king is still there. towering above them in the dead of space, fiery mane radiating light. they owe everything to him they realize. without him, they would not exist, not in the way that living things do. and it is with one mind they bow down before him, eyes averted from his face, and pledge their allegiance to him. it is a risky move they know. he is no longer the king he once was, instead now a rebel fighting against the evil.

when the ex-king tells them to rise, he does so with a smile in his voice. he shares with them his name, not the one they felt eon's ago, but the one he bears now, a name soiled with the burden of treason. it is then he gives them their purpose in existence. no longer are they a constellation for his lover to enjoy, but rather his one true servant, his messenger. when he gives to them their first message, it is a long one, one full of broken words and fallen tears, and they memorize, word by word. for this is a message that is delivered best through the voice of another, and not through the ink of a pen.

the ex-king sends them down to the realm of mortals, to the forgotten tomb buried far beneath the mountains. it is there they recite the message to a creature even more ancient than themselves. one of skeletons and feathers and fur and teeth. one that bore the name of a city of walls and evil. and they return back to the ex-king just as the creature begins to awaken, fearful of being caught up in it's unending wrath.

back up in the spaces between the stars, the ex-king smiles at them. proud that his servants have served him well. and so he gives to him the gift of all the knowledge that he himself possess. and with this knowledge he gives to them a new task. they are to pick for themselves a name. one so powerful that all may tremble when they hear of his messenger's arrival. they deliberate for hours, searching through the vast sea of knowledge for the one name that fits. that can define their essence for the rest of eternity. and finally, finally, after nearly a year, they chose upon a name. one that is all there was and is and will be.

Babylon.
      {1000 words}
Last edited by _Alex_ on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

_Alex_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadyBro » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Mark <3
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RubberTurtle » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:46 am

Username: RubberTurtle
Name: Rio
Gender for Breeding Purposes: Female
Writing:

res
RubberTurtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainRon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:43 pm

res
CaptainRon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kydashing » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:46 am

Username: Kydashing
Name: Arthur Wallis Heron
Gender for Breeding Purposes: Male
Writing:
((Only 1 idea...Renaissance area in lower Italy))
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░

══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══
L I N K S ::
[My Trello/Art progress]
[My DA]+[My Viscets]

B L U R P S ::
Thank you tenlittlesoldierboys
For your help with my
signature!
All rights go to Warner Bros.
+ J.K. Rowling
PFQ! Click Here For MEH?
══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══

░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
Kydashing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby recherché. » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Username: Kaori Miyazono.
Name: Oliver.
Gender for Breeding Purposes: Male.
Writing:

I have no ideas,,
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virixin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:23 am

Username: lady lightwing.
Name: Istanu
Gender for Breeding Purposes: Male
Writing: [ 1000 words ]

All was nothing but black. To anyone today, it seemed time was still, seemingly motionless. Nothing happened. Nothing came to be. Yet, one day, the chain of normality was broke. A single star was born by the hands of a greater being, swirling downwards from an area unknown. It stalled in its descent, hanging in the pitch black. A warm yellow light radiating, yet the light seemed to be lost in the dark abyss that hugged it. Every passing day brought nothing new, the star shimmering in its spot. As what would be nights pressed on, something unique began to occur to the little star.

It began to change. Its points curled to limbs. The light began to radiate brighter, and once it faded, a figure stood in the stars place. The creature was bipedal, covered in a thick pelt. He twisted in his spot, floating in the wide terrain of nothingness. His eyes squinted, and he tentatively moved forward. It all seemed to mold to his step and carefully he rested on his paws. Nothing else had come to be. It was him and him only. The expanse of black made his heart break. He was alone, and from the looks of it, he would be for a long time.

Days would melt into weeks, then which melted into months and soon was followed by years. It all wore him down. He was lonely, and the greater being had noticed. Yet, nothing was done, and nothing was promised to the creature. He wandered the terrain in silence, his eyes always pinpointed on the same thing. The black beyond that promised no other life form. He would never sleep, time passing by slowly and painfully for the poor soul. Soon, the creature began to notice his very own change.

He was able to breathe. He was no longer pinned to just feel his loneliness. He was able to do something much more now. He breathed in nothing and exhaled something beautiful. A gust of mist spread over the abyss before him, stars sprinkling far and wide. Galaxies formed. Stars clustered together, though separated far by light years. Joy overcame him at the sight he could behold. He was no longer alone, and the stars welcomed him with their radiating beauty. What overjoyed him more was that this masterpiece before him represented... him.

He crept from galaxy to galaxy and soon began to notice the stars were growing as lonely as he had been. While there had been many of them and one of him, he was unable to visit each one in reasonable timing. Grief overcame him, and he sulked now. The stars began to notice his change of behavior and were forced to watch with guilty mindsets; as they were unable to vacate their spots. He wandered, frowning as he peered over the saddened stars with his own empty eyes. Soon, an idea began to take shape, and the perfect candidates caught his eyes.

Massive rocks circled in galaxies, pulled in by the gravity of massive stars. With shaking paws, he guided the rocks. They crashed into others, debris shooting out into the emptiness. He sat for decades, watching each massive, molten or frozen rock form into something beautiful. He overwatched one system. They circled a center, a large golden sun that warmed the closest to it. There was one that stood out the most to him. It was fairly nicely sized, rippling with heat. From his spot, he molded this... floating rock with his bare paws. He molded it like clay, rounding and smoothing it. Water rained down upon it in the form known as rain. Decades of this began to show promising results. He prayed his plans would relax the stars' loneliness.

Life flourished on this planet, as it was not too hot nor was it too cold. He watched as organisms began to fight for survival. Pride beamed in his eyes, and he stayed back to let them grow on their own. He let go of the planet, watching it fall into a pattern of circling its star. Stepping back, he relished in the sight of all the planets revolving. He had made this. He felt.. powerful.

The greater being began to take notice of his change in attitude. It began to grow upset as he used his talents to form things that were deemed unnecessary. He formed many of the first black holes. They swallowed stars, distorting time and space. They linked to worlds unknown that only he had known and formed. He was no longer watching over the system that held life and was letting havoc destroy planets in it. Angered, the greater being finally took action. It called about the creature, stripping him of his powers, and banished him to the planet he had created.

He fell to the planet by a meteorite, crashing down upon land. For the decades he had been away, this planet had developed far faster than what he had expected. He was recovered by a group of two-legged, furless creatures that had skin smooth as.. silk. They were astonished, talking rapidly in languages unknown to his ears. Confused, he stood. They scrambled back, raising spears to his face. He attempted to communicate, yet they did not seem to understand his frantic clicks and chirps. Instead, they rounded him up and pushed him on.

From there, he would overhear conversations between the creatures. He began to adapt to their language and began to figure that they referred to him as "Istanu." This did not bother him, as he finally had a name to call himself by. He grew used to their customs, and it wasn't long before Istanu was lost in history. He journeyed off to explore this world he created. However, he could hear the soft and desperate cries of the stars, praying for his return. They had grown lonely without his smile and warm eyes. He promised to return to them. One day he would, for sure.
Virixin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me