SkyGold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Prompts [7].

Postby recherché. » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:43 am

Prompt #7 wrote:Fᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅ!

Elfie Murik || ❤❤❤ || Level 100 || High Class Warrior
Kachel Murray || ❤❤❤ || Level 47 || Low Class Shaman
Keeko Centrella || ❤❤❤ || Level 105 || High Class Explorer

When the two arrived at the mysterious pool, they didn't seem to figure out where the singing came from, until Elfie looked at the center. A creature was surfacing from the water, whom seemed to have long, curly brown hair. She held out an envelope with pretty shell decorations on it. Kachel reached out and held his hand open, waiting for the creature to place it in his hand. Once the envelope was in his hand, it seemed to burn his hand since he shouted an "Ouch!", causing him to instantly drop it. The creature didn't even say anything before submerging again. When the creature was gone, Elfie lifted up the enveope that Kachel had dropped. His hands were all red and burned from the substance on it. Was this water acidic? Was that why it burned his hands?

Carefully taking out one of her small daggers, Elfie cut the envelope open with a small sigh. She didn't have anything to grab the letter out, so, what would she use? Out of the corner of her eye, Elfie spotted somebody else coming up to them with gloves on. Who is this man? "K-Kachel. Get behind me." Elfie whispered to her brother, holding her dagger out in front of her, before shouting out to the green furred kalon, "W-who are you!?" The other kalon just smiled and put his hands up, "Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you guys. I'm here to help. Same quest." He spoke, holding his hand out for the envelope that she had in her hands. Handing it over, Keeko took it out and held it up, "My name is Keeko.. yours?" Elfie and Kachel both introduced themselves, and then Keeko read what it was out loud. Another clue to where they should go.
♦♦♦
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kalon Summer Event // Prompt 7

Postby hazilnut » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:45 am

Prompt - 5

Kalon Party
Dustin | Sell-sword | 17 years old
→ A hyper but forgetful boy with a good
heart and a wish to see the world

Perseus | Scholar mage | 25 years old
→ Dustin's relatively reserved mentor,
and reluctant but wise accompaniment

Jade | Shadow puppeteer | 24 years old
→ A graceful but painfully shy woman
with a cynical outlook on life

631 words

"Oh! Oh! Is that a maidmer? Or maybe a kelpy!? It totally is!"

"No Dustin, I'm fairly sure she's just a human."

"Aww..."

But Dustin's disappointment over the normality of the girl who has singing her way towards the group was short lived, turning instead to excitement over the possibility of meeting someone new. Of the three of them, the silence of the tangled woods had hit the boy hardest. He was used to constant chatting and stimulation, but the woods had an aura about them that encouraged a silent reverence. Jade knew there were only so many rocks Dustin could pick up or trees he could try and fail to climb before he grew bored and ornery with the lack of change. So when the trees had opened up to reveal a lake that shone with forgotten sunlight, both the puppeteer and the mage had been glad for it.

"Hi! Hi miss not-a-maidmer! I'm Dustin!"

The young sell-sword waved madly at the approaching figure, practically jumping up and down in his excitement. His enthusiasm was rewarded when the woman paused for a moment and waved back. Her strokes were long and even, thin forearms lifting the pole almost clear of the water before plunging it back under and propelling that raft forwards. She had such a slender figure that Jade had difficulty believing the girl to be so strong. But the raft kept moving steadily forwards until it knocked gently against the bank, where the girl tied it off to a sawn stump.

"Well hello there Dustin, I'm Nadia. I ferry people across the river."

Dustin's dark skin was not enough to hide his blushing. Nadia was willowy and well composed, with long blue-tinged hair and two little tear marks beneath her eyes. Her smile looked a bit wistful to Jade, but seemed kind enough, and her voice had a permanent chuckle-like quality. It was no wonder the boy was smitten. On the other hand, Perseus looked doubtful.

"This doesn't show up anywhere on the map."

"Oh that's because your map is too new."

"Too new? But-"

"I promise I will get you where you need to be faster and more reliably than your map will. Just trust me."

"Come on Perseus, Nadia's nice! We can trust her!"

After Dustin's consistent instance the group finally decided to take Nadia at her words. The girl helped them ease Marble and Jade's caravan atop the raft but never left the craft herself. As they sailed across the lake she and Dustin chatted easily, as was one of his gifts, and even though Jade had noticed Nadia had ceased rowing about halfway through the journey, the raft continued to sail of its own accord. They reached the other side too slowly for Jade's comfort -something had to be up- but far too quickly for the two new friend's sake. As soon as they touched bank Jade had leaped off and set to coaxing Marble onto solid land. The ox seemed just as glad to have dirt beneath her hooves as Jade was.

"You should come with us Nadia! You know all sorts of cool things, you could totally help us save the world!"

"I can't. I'm sorry."

"What? But, but why? We were getting along so well."

"I have passengers to ferry Dustin, and a lake to watch over. But you'll find your earth crystal soon, I know you will. Go save the world."

After such a bittersweet parting, Dustin remained silent for a good long while. It was only when the lake was once more out of view and the gloom of the forest had once more descended upon the group that he spoke again. But it wasn't in his usual cheery tone.

"Jade?"

"Yes Dustin?"

"I don't think she was human."
Last edited by hazilnut on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
hazilnut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Prompts

Postby Quillington » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:45 am

Follow that sound::

The rain poured down through the forest. The leaves from above kept most of the ground dry except a few large drops that Bella would shake out of her fur.
"Rain!" Ai remarked, despite it going on for some time. Bella kept quiet. She was used to the sands of her old home and the sharp rocks and sticks of the forest made her paws ache. She longed for another setting to melt her pain.

Before long the tree canopy thinned, leaving Ai and Bella exposed to the cold rain. The ground was muddy, and in front of them stood a glimmering lake. The surface was cloudy and slightly misty from the rain. A beautiful voice echoed from the center that drew them closer. Soon the voice turned to three as three faint silhouettes could be seen from the center. It was majestic and made both the travellers feel nostalgic. At the same moment that they realized their homesickness, it was cured.

Ai stepped forward and leaped into the arms of her parents, and they quickly acknowledged her and congratulated her on the long journey.
"We're so proud! You have come so far!" They choired.
"R-really?" Ai asked, surprised at their grand welcome. They have always been supportive but never to this extent. She felt "I kept messing up a lot and we're not even done!"
"Shh, we both know you'll do just fine!"
Bella looked as the mist seemed to surround them more and more. She promptly looked up as she saw the princess looking towards her. She smiled and talked about their days as kids. Bella had done her best to defend the princess and to see her efforts being honored made her spirits lift. However it felt fake. She abandoned her duties to be here and now she was being praised. It felt wrong. All she wanted was praise and to receive it made her back away.
Ai pressed her nose into her parents fur right before she was snatched by Bella.
"Sirens!" She shouted through Ai's scruff. "It's not real," she desperately tried to reassure Ai, despite her pleads to go back. Bella kept running away from the voices and out of the mist.
Quillington Quill#6099
---------------
DM me here or on Discord
Hit me up if you play Dota
||Kalons||Plumes||
I help find Dec 18th Pets!
Quillington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vanillasaur » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:48 am

Prompt Seven
Feat. Arian, Cieran, and Ikena

Cieran;; "Okay, I swear I just heard that thing singing about hidden treasure at the bottom of its pool..."
Arian, Ikena;; "It's a trap!"

she/her || sig n avatar by me || cat peach#5245
fwiends (*´ω`*) Marsh Lovestruck Colour Hydra Bats Leah
Vanillasaur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:52 am

Daily Prompt 7 ------- 346 words
      Fᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅ!

Yushin's silent footsteps moved slowly toward the sound, his heart pounding steadily, quickly, surely, as he navigated the tangled woods. Bending back tree bows, carefully sliding each foot around the scattered foliage surrounding him, he held his breath tight to his chest.

It was a voice. It was a song.

He'd left the girls behind. There was something wildly intoxicating about this voice, filling his head with chills and wonder, admiration, something that unceasingly drew him closer. His fascination was unbroken as he carefully wove closer and closer to the enchanting melody. He couldn't make out words, nor did he really understand why it was that he couldn't resist each progressive footfall, each eager step. It was as though his very will had failed, leaving him helpless to the taughting, gentle melody.

Slowly, unhindered, it grew louder as his path widened into a haphazard clearing, trees sprawling, lurching forward toward a glistening pond. His eyes, usually so alert, were fixated. A silhouette indistinguishable behind the misty rise of the pool, softly intoxicating his ears and mind, compelling his body onward. The calls of his name bounding through the trees, the desperate search of two young girls unnoticed, drowned violently by the song.

What is this. A singular thought broke through, halting, if temporarily, his blind progression. The knife flickered weakly in his hand. He'd forgotten he was wielding, his hand having dropped limply to his side. The dagger, now dangling at the edges of relaxing fingertips, suddenly regained its purchase. How did I...

"YUSHIN!"

The spell burst, rattling against the sides of his brain as Kibasha's cry pierced now painfully sensitive ears.

"Ah," he gasped, the hold over him broken as the figure rose to its feet.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Kibasha begged, grabbing his wrist and taking off at a run. Rita was nowhere in sight.

"Where--"

ssshTAH

A bolt of crackling magic slammed into the tree only inches from his head, dissipating both voice and thought.

"COME ON!" Kibasha cried again, tearing off through the trees as Yushin, again, followed blindly into the night.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:55 am

Prompt 7
Arnav || T.C. Salem||
Amosis ||

The evening sun was only just escaping the sky when Salem heard it.

He had been concentrating on getting the near skittish stag to relax in their presence, merely resting one comforting paw on the creature's flank, when eerie chimes started to grow louder in the distance.

At least, it was what Salem thought were chimes-- the tinkling quality to the sound sounded unnatural and unlike any animal noise he's ever heard. As the sounds undulated, he picked up the barest sounds of a language he couldn't hope to understand. Someone was singing.

Salem's not quite sure why the singing didn't raise any flags within him. He briefly remembered the stag nudging his side in alarm, but before he knew it, he and his party made their way towards a clearing with a crystal clear pool at its center. A figure rested on a rock at its center, and Salem couldn't help but notice how captivating their silver eyes were. Yet, the space around it seemed devoid of any light... He didn't even register the stag's terrified snort as it avoided the clearing. Salem, Amosis, and Arnav only walked closer to the water.

Salem barely remembered anything else after that. There was a flash of bright light, a sharp, enraged bleat, the whipping feel of gale force power striking back something coming at the trio... and then, nothing.

Salem woke up to early morning light flickering down between the trees. He was soaking wet, and all of their supplies were scattered around them. He frantically shot up and looked around, and only faintly noticed that they were still in the clearing. The pool was nowhere in sight.

The stag was innocently resting near the edge of the clearing, almost completely camoflauged by the foliage. When it saw that Salem was now lucid, it quickly approached the eldest kalon. Bemused, Salem rubbed the stag behind its ears when it came close.

Must've been a dream. {324}
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:55 am

Prompt 7

Tamaya: "I don't know what I was expecting?"
Pomba: "We should probably just back away...this doesn't seem like the right story..."

♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cervidae » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:56 am

prompt 7
kalons used: fenway
though easily mistaken for a light song, a light chime rang through the forest. a pool shown in a clearing between the trees. reflecting the stars beautifully, mesmerizing, pure. where did the chimes come from? what was the source? fenway dipped a paw into the cool waters, awestruck. his foot held no water, it was far from wet. what.. happened? why was he dry? pursuing his inquiry, he waded to the center, collapsing through the waters, as he was thrust into a mirroring land, the chimes strewn through the trees. so that's it..
it in no way was a pool, but a portal. likely for easy access granted to certain lands. they were common enough so one could recognize them, but rare enough to make a statement

♡ inactive account
dv

cervidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me