Re: [RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Prompts

Postby Izuku » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:59 am

prompt 4
pocky found the first crystal by nearly drowning into an underground river - the crystal's wind elemental had created an air bubble around it, which saved his life on the run.
    ░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░
    。 ゚░░░░
    ░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░

Hi! I'm Mara !!

my kals - dA - tumblr -
    commissions open! PM me if interested!

░░░░
    signature art © pangurbanka
Izuku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:06 am

Yᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀsᴛ ᴄʀʏsᴛᴀʟ!
    a little ominous but hey she found it

Postby Kyar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:24 am

Daily Prompt 4 ------- 1,192 words

The peaceful quiet of the meadow was immersive as her sister's form vanished off down the path, back towards the familiar village. Kibasha had to hope that she wouldn't pass Yushin on the way, or she'd have some serious explaining to do.

The young kalon had a feeling Yushin wasn't necessarily the biggest fan of her gumption, as her mother would call it, anymore. At first, he'd seemed glad to have her, but now… It seemed more like she was causing all the trouble. After all, if she hadn't started the fight with that stranger in the bar, he wouldn't have gotten a knife through his chest. But… at the same time. Briceus would've lost his ring, and it wasn't right to let someone get away with that. Still… there had been a cost. A rather serious one for Yushin.

She turned her arm over and pulled down her sleeve, running a paw along the weasel bites that now, thanks to her sister, had mostly closed up. Little pin pricks of black rested just below the surface, however, as a certain reminder of their dangerous encounter. One that could have been much worse if it weren't for the assistance of a kindly stranger.

Kibasha sighed. If she meant to tone it down, this wasn't the way to do it, was it? She was now out here alone as the sun was going down and only for the sole purpose of exploring on her own. Sure, she'd done it around the outskirts of the town plenty of times before. But that being said, she had always had the safety of home resting in the distance. Now, in this unfamiliar village, she had to accept the fact that… well. Maybe not everything was going to go to plan. And there were far worse things than getting on someone's bad side out here.

But the glint of the object in the tree had caught her eye, and her curiosity was now insatiable. What if it was someone's hidden stash, and she could return to Yushin with a prize that could easily pay to fix him up, and perhaps even provide shelter for a few more nights? To be honest, she wasn't sure how long they were going to stay in this village. Yushin had been less than descriptive about the details of their mission. All she knew was that he was looking for or waiting for something here, and he had no real intentions of telling her exactly what that meant.

With a deep breath, she gripped the branch overhead and swung her legs up and around it, scurrying to the next-nearest to right herself and continue her ascent. The tree itself wasn't terribly difficult to climb, and she'd had plenty of experience vaulting around the buildings back home (which of course neither of her mothers knew about) to find good footholds and handholds and the like. The higher she got, the more she began to realize that it was going to take her easily until dark to get both up and back down. Nerves began to stir in her stomach as she considered the thought of losing her way. But… she wouldn't. She'd find her way back. It wasn't far. And besides, there should be… well, at least a little light coming from the village at night, which would send her off in the right direction… right? Their camp wasn't far from the stream, though, and that should be easy enough to find. She grinned at the thought of having to search for them by Yushin's faint glow. Maybe, honestly, she would.

Her hands slipped here and there, but steadily, she made her climb one step at a time. The object was getting both easier and more difficult to make out as time went on, however, considering her proximity and the quickly lowering light. It appeared to be some sort of stone, perhaps, but whatever it was was still mostly obscured by the bark that seemed to have grown around it. Maybe it was a massive diamond. She could almost feel her hands tingle at the thought of holding something so immensely valuable. What would a diamond be doing in a tree? She had no idea, but the thought was still exciting.

Finally, she crested the last branch need and took a seat, scooting up alongside the trunk at eye-level with the object. It was a strange combination of smooth and rough, both shiny by nature and foggy by its time in the tree. She carefully took out her sword, now wishing she'd brought a smaller knife along as well, and began to carve it out. What at first had appeared to be almost square in shape opened up to a far more intricate, far more deliberate shape. It looked… like a cloud, maybe? Or a wing. As she unearthed the last bits and brushed it off, she held it in her hand and felt its cool surface carefully. It definitely looked like a wing. She turned it over, polished it off as best she could, and looked back at the place it'd been, running her hand along the smoothed bark. Who had put this there? Had it just… grown into the tree? Or was it put there magically, as some sort of concealment spell?

Whatever the case, she marveled at it for only a few seconds longer, as while the trip down should be faster (hopefully not too fast, though, because she didn't really plan on falling being part of her descent), it was still getting dangerously dark. She moved from branch to branch more quickly, but as carefully as she could manage, the stone carefully wrapped up in her bag, clattering against the tree from time to time as she swung her way down.

Just as the sun was disappearing behind the trees, the last bit of light still hovering overhead, her feet thudded against the hard-packed earth. Grasses hissed and danced in parting as she raced through the field, the sound of frogs and crickets and wind picking up making the score. Out of breath, she finally emerged from the trees into the clearing of their campsite, a beacon of campfire lighting the way and its warmth inviting her without hesitation. After everything they'd been through, the thought of a soft blanket and resting at her sister's side was intoxicatingly tempting.

"Where have you been?" Yushin stood up immediately, unable to hide his wince of pain completely from Kibasha's alert eyes.

"I found something," she grinned, smiling over at her sister who, to her relief, seemed to have made it back from her flower delivery unscathed. "Look."

As she pulled the crystal from her bag, Yushin's eyes went wide. "That's it."

"What?" Kibasha blinked, looking between him and the stone for a moment, a hint of uncertain fear arising in her throat.

"That's it. That's what we were after." He held his hands out, and she carefully brought it to him. He lifted it above the firelight, turning it over carefully before exhaling loudly, and… laughing. "Step one." He grinned over at Kibasha. "We're gonna do this. We're gonna save Kalokairi."
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby credit » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:30 am

Prompt Four
Featuring ;;Link and Sunset

*insert Zelda music* The boys did it!

credit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neiroh » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:39 am

Prompt 4

After their short night's rest, they ate a small breakfast and began to pack up their belongings. They had only made a short way through the stormy path the day before so they began where they left off. Fighting more monsters. But, there were less than before so they weren't in as much trouble.

They made their way through half the forest when they heard a loud noise.

GROOOWL

Sozen pauses to listen. Another growl. "Be prepared to go into battle, the monster sounds huge."

"U-um...Sozen act-" Nerim was cut off by Sozen's words.

"I understand you may be scared but you have to be strong, alright?" Another growl, even louder than the others is heard. "It looks like it doesn't want to come out to play. We'll have to go find it."

"Sozen! Wait! I-it isn't a monster," Nerim says, ashamed of what it really is. "It's my stomach. I'm hungry again, it's been hours since we ate. Pleeeaaase, can we sit down to eat?" He looks away, embarrassed that his stomach tricked his friend into thinking a monster was nearby.

"Aright, but only for a little bit, we need to find the crystal as soon as we can," Sozen says.

"Yes! Thank you so much Sozo!" Nerim pulls out some of the leftover meat and begins to dig in. "YEOWCH!" Nerim cried out in pain, he just bit into something really hard. He pulls out the culprit as it begins to glow. "Um....uh...Sozen? Is...this the crystal?"

Sozen runs over and hugs Nerim. "You smart guy, you. If you weren't hungry, we probably wouldn't have found it til later tonight. It's the wind crystal...but it's so odd to had been inside the food." It was rare sight to see Sozen relax and be happy but after finding the first crystal, it was inevitable.
neiroh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eleya » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:45 am

Day 4 Prompt
Starring Zachary "Ziggy" and Samael "Sam"
(503 words)

“I can see the forest already!”, Samael said happily, “we got one step further!” Zachary nearly joined him in his euphoria. Right until he remembered this one small thing about the quest, he nearly forgot. Their journey wasn’t about walking from the village to the forest and further… No, they needed to get those crystals. Would that mean their way was useless so far?
“Why aren’t you happy too?”, Sam asked. Ziggy sighed, “Because we are far away from our goal. We need to find the elemental crystals to get on. Walking to the forest doesn’t help us, if we don’t find those crystals first.”
Samael started laughing. “He must be insane now.”, the grown up thought. Why else would the boy start laughing, now that their goal was still so far away. He didn’t even bother to ask. But Sam wanted to explain himself anyways, “Look, those plains right in front of the forest. They are the stormiest place I know around the village. If the wind crystal is anywhere to be found, its right there.”

When the two of them arrived at the middle of the plains, Ziggy thought to hear a mumbling voice in the wind. It seemed to lead him somewhere. “Hey! HEY! Zachary! What are you doing?”, Samael shouted, but the adult didn’t recognise him anymore. He just followed the howling wind somewhere. The kit of course ran after him, though he didn’t hear anything.
Suddenly Ziggy stopped. “It must be right here.”, he mumbled. But nothing was seen. They searched the whole ground for the crystal, but everything they saw was grass. Rather tall grass waving in the wind. Following an intuition Ziggy looked up in the sky. There it was. Floating right above them, in heights, they could never reach.

“Climb up my shoulders.”, Zachary said, “We can probably reach it then.” The kid wouldn’t let this be said twice. He climbed on Ziggys shoulders and still didn’t reach the crystal. But he had an idea, “Would you hand me my rope? I brought a rope with me, and this is now the time to use it.” Zachary of course did so. Sam made a lariat out of it and threw it at the crystal. He failed. Once… Twice… and a third time.
“Why can’t I get it?”, the little one asked in desperation, “I’m not that bad, you know.”
Ziggy had an absent smile on his face. “Because it is meant to be caught by me.”, he said with a sleepy voice. Like he would be caught in a dream. Samael still handed him the lariat and got off his back. It took the grown up only one try to catch the crystal and pull it to the ground.

“Air is the element for dreamers. This element suits my personality more than yours. I’m pretty sure, you will be able to take another crystal.”, Ziggy said, putting the crystal in his bag, “Now let’s head over to the forest. Another crystal wants to be found.”
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas. » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:54 am

[ 𝑅𝐻𝐸𝒜 - 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓁𝑒𝓇 ] - [ 𝐿𝐼-𝒲𝐸𝐼 - 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 ]

[ ▶ ] Word count: 485/150
    "I'm exhausted!" Cried Rhea, as her legs eventually gave out and she took a nice break on the ground. Li-Wei glared at her angrily, but it didn't affect her. "We've been walking non-stop for houurss!" She whined again, causing the other kalon to roll his eyes. He grabbed her paw and dragged her back up but she didn't feel like moving, so he had to actually pull her to get her moving. "Liii!! Stop pulling me! Let's take a break!"

[ ▷ ] Take a break, you guys deserve it!
      [ ▶ ] No breaks. We need to find these crystals!
    "You had a long break when you hid in a tree without me," he hissed at her somewhat angrily, "if we take a break like you constantly want to, then we'll never find any of the crystals! Don't you want to find them quickly, so we can turn back soon? We'll never have to communicate with each other again! We are not taking a break now, I bet we'll find the first crystal soon. But not if you make me drag you the whole way along."

Rhea sighed in defeat and her head drooped lower than it normally was, knowing Li was right and that they shouldn't take any breaks. She couldn't help what her feet felt though! Her feet were about to give out soon enough. "It wasn't my fault I didn't want to be sprayed by a skunk! Yeesh!" She rolled her eyes at him as she saw his pace quickening. "Why are you going so quick now? Don't be mad at me!"

[ ▷ ] Stay mad at Rhea.
      [ ▶ ] Apologize.
    "Okay, I'm sorry Ree." Li-Wei sighed, "I haven't been in the best of moods recently, as you can tell. " He looked over at her, and saw her looking over into the distance. "What are you looking at?" He looked over to where she was glancing. "Why is that.. glowing?"

[ ▶ ] Go check it out, what if it could help with your adventure?
      [ ▷ ] Leave it alone, it could be dangerous!
    Not even thinking about how dangerous it could be, the two walked over as slowly as they could towards the glow. They gasped in complete shocked when they saw it looked like one of the crystals they were looking for on their adventure. "I-It's the wind crystal!" Rhea shockingly screamed as she picked it up with no hesitation.

"What if it's a trap?" Li-Wei cried out, but nothing happened after a minute or so and they just assumed it was safe. "I guess not.. you got lucky this time. You have to be more careful next time! It could be dangerous!"

"You have to be more careful next time! It could be dangerous!" Rhea mocked in a silly voice which made Li nudge her out of the way jokingly with a small laugh.
lucas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSMintCat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:55 am

Prompt #4 with Cody.
(Continuation of prompt #3)
301 words.

The darkened forest was almost completely silent if not for the quiet rumbling of poor Cody's stomach, and the aforementioned Kalon sighed. It seemed like what few berries and leaves that he had found earlier in the evening wasn't enough to quell the hunger pangs and tide him through the night. With a heavy sigh, he got to his feet, resigning himself to his fate of feeling around in the dark in hopes of finding a few more edible bits to eat. (Never again will he forget to bring enough food and money when he goes on a trip.)

Shuffling around in a dark forest wasn't an easy task, but it wasn't as if Cody had never done it before. Gently reminding himself that he did this practically every night at his regular job, Cody realized that it really wasn't as bad as he thought. Shining his flashlight around the grassy forest floor, his attention was suddenly caught by a faint glow out of the corner of his eye. Deciding that the bright light of his flashlight would likely make it harder to locate the source of the glow, Cody shut it off and began to make his way towards the mysterious object.

However, without the guiding light of the flashlight to illuminate the forest floor, Cody didn't see the gnarled tree root at the his feet. He tripped and fell rather heavily on his stomach, chin slamming painfully against the grass. Dazed, he scrambled to his feet and failed, falling back on his stomach. Daring to crack an eye open, Cody groaned, only to freeze when a shining object caught his attention. Ignoring his spinning head, he forced himself to crawl forward until he could make out what it was.

"Wait... Is that one of the lost crystals?!"

Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:03 am

Featuring Eden and Calypso

"No, I will most certainly not pay for that chair!"

"That would be almost all of my money, I can't spend it all on a chair, Calypso."

"Don't be ridiculous, was I the one who broke it?"

"No, but you could help a friend out." After the poor kalon paid for her mistake, she stormed out of the bar, Calypso at her heals. "Stop following me!"

"No, I know where you're going. It's not safe." She could see the sign leading out of the town up ahead. Back home, Eden had a tendency of going into the wilderness when she was upset, but in this land, Calypso knew that the wild was an unforgiving place. She couldn't let her friend go there, at least not alone. So, after Eden she traveled, figuring that, if she could not stop her, she may as well go with her. The two were a team, and that was that.

After the fifth dirty look, Eden finally had given up. She didn't want Calypso there, but figured she wasn't going to leave her alone. So, instead, the kalon did the logical thing; she ran. Calypso yelled something, but Eden didn't listen. Seriously, could she get off of her tail?

They reached the sign, and then passed it, going further and further until the village was left far behind. Calypso hadn't remembered how much stamina her friend had, but she wasn't going to give up...or maybe she would. There was no way she could run for much longer. Then suddenly, the kalon ground to a halt, as Eden suddenly flew off the ground, nearly doing a full flip in the process.

"Woah, friend, are you okay!?" She rushed over, ignoring the item in which Eden had tripped over, and checked out her friend.

"I'm fine."

"that looked painful...you sure--"

"Calypso look!" Eden's eyes were huge, and she stared at an object laying in the dirt, a few feet back. Suspiciously, it was in the same spot as where she had tripped. But then Calypso noticed something; this was no rock! This was a crystal! One of the crystals.

"Oh man..."

"We should really bring that back with us...how many chairs do you think it's worth?"
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shinjitaro » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:12 am

Prompt; Day Four
      Kalokairi, Village Outskirts, 29th of Pegastyme, 401 V.C.

Huffing and puffing, the entire party had been fending off demons for hours on end. With the horde obviously protecting something, for the first time in the five days they had been traveling, they finally felt like progress had been made.

"The crystal must be near.." Akechi muttered. "We can only hope for it being here." Kirin objected. "Well, there aren't any demons in the field anymore. I think it'd be a good time to look." Shiro suggested and the two began to hunt.

While Akechi imagined it to be hidden in an extravagant place and rather large, as he tripped and fell he found all that to be wrong. As he turned around to see what he had tripped on his eyes widened when he spotted the small wind crystal before his feet.

"We found the crystal!!" Akechi exclaimed. "Well I'll be darned..." Kirin spoke from afar, astonished by the find.
-

┌───────────────────────┐

hey, i'm shin.
i've pretty much quit cs, but feel free to
contact me if you need me!
i'll check back every now and then.
🌼
yojire <--- my username everywhere else

└────────────────────────┘
shinjitaro

My pets
My items