Postby Mint Chip » Tue May 23, 2017 10:44 am

Winner wrote:user; Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=204812
name; Hawkins
gender; male
(form)

Offspring wrote:B#1461

Runner Up & Honorable Mention wrote:Runner Up to steampunkvale
HM/x1 stub to WolfwithWings38

don't judge me, I love pirates. and tbh pirate rats are amazing, I have a privateer character, cuz rodents; meet Jonas lol
but I really had a good idea for this one and I really wanted to make more item'd viscets. So yay pirates. This babe is a regular adopt.

[Form]
Code: Select all
username;
name;
gender;

which does this viscet prefer sea, land or air? (why is optional, max of 800 words)
extra;

-the biggest part of the form is answering the question. why they like it is optional, you have a max of 800 words to explain it.
-you have 2 extras, they are optional - can either be 1 piece of art (no comics or animations) or 500 words per extra.
-prettying up is fine but not necessary
-good luck!

Mutations wrote: minor mane (uncommon) | ear variation - rat ears (uncommon)

End Date: June 5th, 2017 @10pm CST
    I may accept extension requests, depending upon activity.

w/o items

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3464382][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2834145&size=large&format=png&rev=1495494296[/img][/url]

w/ items

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3464382][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2834142&size=large&format=png&rev=1495494193[/img][/url]
Last edited by Mint Chip on Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1478 - Ahoy!

Postby MistCat » Tue May 23, 2017 10:57 am

username; MistCat
name; Salem
gender; Male

which does this viscet prefer sea, land or air? (why is optional, max of 800 words)
Air
extra;
Short story about him, his captain and crew.
Art.

(obviously wip)
Last edited by MistCat on Tue May 23, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
░░░░░░░░░░░░𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮!░░░░░░░░░░░

Mist - She/Her - Adult‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎

Welcome to my humble signature, I hope you're doing well!
I'm just a local sunback enthusiast who is here for the art.‎
Always happy to talk ocs or designs or just cool doodles
in general! Sorta bad at keeping up conversation but I never
mind PMs! I'm not super active rn though.

Please credit my art and designs @ my TH, Mistcat.‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

MistCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lex » Tue May 23, 2017 11:07 am

SLAMS DOWN A MARK HTJDBSKS
PIRATES + RATS ???? AAAAAAAAA

Name: Nikolaus Bellamy
just kidding im back a little
lex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strudel » Tue May 23, 2017 11:12 am

username; Strudel

name; Hawkins

gender; Male

which does this viscet prefer sea, land or air?;

I was born of the sea, I was raised by the sea, and I will die by the sea.

It's the only inconsistent constant. The water ebbs and flows; the waves crest and crash. The sea is a cycle of storms and clear skies; of cold nights and burning days on the deck. It's always changing, but no matter where or when you are-- it's always the same as it would be whenever and wherever you happen to be. I know that wherever I go on my ship, that I will be able to find my way with the stars and the seas by my side. I can only sleep with the gentle rock and sway of the ship on gentle waves, and I can only fight with the shifting planks beneath my paws.

I never leave my ship for long, the call of the sea is entirely too strong. If I didn't need supplies and have a need for my crew to rest on land, I would never stop at a single port. I never cared much for the land at all, until we docked where her shop was.

I won't speak of her shop here, this is a tale of my love for the sea, but it's important to know that she was the only thing that ever made me think of staying on land for a while. She was smart, creative, and her art could capture any man's eyes-- or heart. I did not pursue her, it wasn't like that, my heart still truly resided among the ocean waves. However... I did find myself stopping at her port much more often than I should have. I would bring her trinkets for her projects that I gathered during my great travels, and she would trade me her finished works. Soon, my cabin and my ship itself had great works of her art lining it. With as much machinery, cogs, and gears adorning my ship, one might have thought from the inside that it was an airship. Of course, I never wanted an airship and will never captain one, but there was so much life and charm in her creations that I felt... it could only improve my ship and keep me occupied during rough seas and long journeys.

I could have enjoyed that forever, bringing things that I found during my travels to her and taking her art in return to bring more beauty to my hearty ship and my beautiful ocean. It was not meant to be, though. The last time I docked, I witnessed this young woman-- the woman with a heart of gold and hands meant to create beauty-- disappear before my eyes. She was gone, just like that, and the explanation was not one that I wanted or needed to hear. I returned to the call of the sea, my gift still in paw and my heart left behind in its stead. I boarded once more, leaving the port to never return.

I had grown to hate the land since, and the people on it, because I knew that as dangerous as the sea was, the dangers were ones you could anticipate. On the land, which was supposed to be much more safe, lurked oddities and dangers you could never anticipate and prepare for. Especially now, I felt the only home I would or could ever have was the sea, and I felt there would never be a reason to forsake the sea again, even for another moment. I would send my crew out for what we needed, but my own paws would stand firmly on the planks of my ship. My devotion to the sea only grew, and my crew grew away from me. I was only left with a handful of good men, enough to run but not enough to be safe. Still, I refused to leave the safety of the arms of the sea I had so clung to. It was folly, and I knew it, but how could I leave the only thing that I could trust?

Eventually, I no longer had a choice. I had to step onto the land again and find a crew. However, I would not be there long. I would see soon someone that I needed, and I would take them aboard my ship and join my beloved sea once more. It was destiny, as soon I would find out, for me to leave this sea for another. Still, even then, it would be me and the sea-- and as always we would be an unstoppable force.
|| 762/800 ||

extra(s);

I saw her there-- when I finally left the ship again. She was among the crowd, shifting past people in the market without touching a soul, somehow. I recognized her in an instant. Her body was still black as coal, and her mane still as vibrantly blue as a calm ocean meets a clear sky. It had been more than a year, though I wasn't sure just how long, since I had felt the solid ground beneath my paws. I was unsteady, and the sounds of the crowds confused me thoroughly as I attempted to follow her.

I caught up with her, at a stall that smelled of fish guts and sewage. I only had a moment to ask myself why she might be here before she stepped in front of me.

"Sorry," she said as she lightly bumped into me. I felt her wince and jerk back "I didn't mean to run into you."

I twitched my nose as I looked straight into her eyes-- red as the pits of Hades. It was a startling sight, especially against the blue and white skull marking on her face. This was the one that had taken my dear friend Peyton from me. Had sent her elsewhere, in another time she had said. She had told me, that day, that I would never again see my friend. She had had tears in her eyes at the time, she had regretted what she had done. At least she had said. Here she was now, though, this same girl. She didn't even recognize me, the man she had broken down in front of. The man she had sworn would never again see his friend. The man that she promised would never have to see her again, that soon she would be gone as well. In a year, she had forgotten all this. She had forgotten me.

I felt rage, deep down in my chest, as she looked at me with concern in her eyes.

"Are you ok?" she asked softly, her honeyed voice sounded worried. That only fueled my anger.

"Ottilie." I managed to say through my clenched jaw "It's been a long time, hasn't it?" she looked to me, quite confused, but I could have cared less how she felt about it. I only cared how I felt, I only cared for my lost friend in that moment. I grabbed her by the wrist. She tried to shy away, but I held to her firmly even as the rancid smell started to turn my stomach sour "This time, your tears will not save you. So save them." I growled as I turned and began to drag her.

"You don't understand, no one should touch me." she said hoarsely, under her breath "You must release me, or-"

"Or what? You'll make me disappear too?" I said through gnashed teeth. I didn't even bother to turn around and get a look at her face. She didn't speak as we approached the ship, and she didn't speak as we boarded either. She was silent even as my crew (at least those of them left) questioned who she was.

"A guest," I told them. I could hardly say prisoner, we were privateers-- not pirates "She'll be staying with us for a time. We'll find crewmates on our next stop. For now, let's gather supplies and shove back off." I looked around to my confused crew "I promise, we'll find more men. But I have questions for this young woman. We'll drop her off at the next port as well." I looked to her "Unless you have objections?" she shook her head silently "Good. Now, let's head to my cabin." Again, my crew looked completely confused, but they trust me and said nothing as she followed me. By now, I had released her wrist-- she wasn't fighting to be freed. She was resigned.

We didn't leave the cabin for over a day. At first, I had been hostile questioning her, until she told me of her condition. I wasn't sure I believed her at first but her story was compelling "So you're saying that you can't send her back?" I asked as she finished her long (and sad) story "You can't control it at all?" apparently she traveled through time accidentally, and had since birth. It was unbelievable and yet... what other explanation was there? "And you're telling me you only accidentally send people in your place when they touch you somehow?" I furrowed my brow, this was a lot to take in.

"I would have never done it on purpose. Where she is now. It's--" she shook her head "It's fine, and she's fine. I've seen her. But she can't be who she was meant to be there."

Ottilie spent a lot of time explaining to me why she couldn't just send Peyton back. As hard as it was to hear, I knew it was truth. And so, I released her to go anywhere she liked on the ship, and surprisingly enough she made use of herself. She stayed in my cabin at night, while I stayed with my still very confused men. It wasn't until we hit the next port that I told my first mate my intentions.

"My ship will be yours, I am leaving this ocean for another." my mind was made up, and I told him as much "This young woman, she can send me elsewhere. Another place." and another time, but I didn't tell him that "I leave it all to you. I trust you.

I spent every waking moment after that with Ottilie, until I noticed the signs that she was to leave this time. She had explained it all to me. Before she could leave, I grasped a hold of her shoulder firmly, but softly.

"I will go in your stead." I whispered. I could see the panic in her eyes, but in moments I was gone. To a different time-- to what would be like a different world.
    || 999/1000 ||

Last edited by Strudel on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Tue May 23, 2017 11:21 am

Pirates rule ( throws in Rouge, Law and Mihawk )
Yea Im gone if you need any Pirate friends or enemy's my bunch are open I'm not entering as my Crew are pretty happy with there numbers.

Good luck to those who enter.

CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfwithWings38 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:25 am

username; WolfwithWings38
name; Joe "Pepper" Homer
gender; Male
Well, I surprise people a lot because I prefer the land because I'm deathly afraid of water, any pound I'm fine with, but anything more than that... I'm nopin' outa there! But I do have a very good reason to way a fear it! When I was younger, my dad and I would go to the sea and have lot's of fun, but one day my dad was already in a bad mood and when I ticked him off.... He threw me off the boat and left me in the middle of the sea, to die.... though luckily I survived because someone saw me drownin' (I couldn't swim, but it was a thing I was workin' at school) and I was rescued, but since I was out in the ocean for two days, it started gettin' scary for me and it gave me PTSD! So now I can't go near or a lake or even a river (Streams, ponds, and anything smaller I'm okay with) because of my dad's temper. I'm tryin' to stop my fear though! But it's not workin' at all.... Probably the PTSD...
extra; Even though I don't like the sea, I love to cosplay as a pirate though! I just love bein' a pirate!.... Though I'm a wimpy one, but that doesn't mean it don't make me fun! And the younger ones love me.... Even the adults! (Or teenagers) My favorite part is the fact that, just recently, I'm starting to practice on talking like a pirate! Buut I know that'll take me forever or it might not happen at all and I get a lot of hate for it sometimes, but that don't stop me at all! My pirate name is Pepper Beard! The greatest peppery beard of all!.... Yeah okay I'm weird, but I like to admit that and I'm proud of it!
Last edited by WolfwithWings38 on Tue May 23, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, this is me! WolfwithWings38! You may call me: WolfwithWings38, Wolf, WolfwithWings, and WolfyWingy Though I really don't know why you would XD ....... and in a nutshell I'm weird when I really want to be! I also don't mind trading... and also PM me if you want to talk or something, I won't bite!
My avatar is colored by me and is my new wolf OC, but lines are made by Vixey!
My Viscets Page Link!: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3335559&p=105943506#p105943506
Image Image
WolfwithWings38

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Twins » Tue May 23, 2017 11:27 am

res
The Twins

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiny little box » Tue May 23, 2017 11:40 am

Did someone say pirate
Can you 100% certainty prove that I actually exist?

Bi/dragon/pretty gay

Hmhmhmhmhmhm
hm
hm
hm
hm
tiny little box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgiboy » Tue May 23, 2017 2:56 pm

"Sky"

info wrote:Username;
steampunkvale
Name;
Sky (goes by skyrat)
Gender;
Male
which does this viscet prefer sea, land or air?
Air

Art by WinterJackal

610/800

“How I wish I could be in the sky I belong there.”
His parents named him sky for their love for the sky he remembered when they used to tell him the story on how they fell in love together when his father had picked her up in his airship for a tour and just couldn’t take her eyes off of her they fell in love and that was how sky was born.
The sky was the only place he felt like he belonged. Flying was in his family’s blood but it was long past the time that the corporations took over the flying business making it only available to rich folk. His family, of course, was not one of these fortunate people they were below the poverty line basically living on just whatever scraps they could. The corporations took them out of the house, took their home away. That was how it was these days all they were where greedy they couldn't get enough gold they just wanted to own everything.

Soon people were forced to work in factories if they owed any delt. His parents so badly wanted their children to live in a house rather than on the street that they were forced to borrow money from the bank to even live in a run down house.They had no choice children had to be left at home by themselves or have to go with their parents as volunteers if they didn't wait for their children to be alone. Since children were volunteers they wouldn’t get paid for their services like their parents were and even though parents were getting paid it was little so little that they were still unable to get out of any debt they owed to the government. That was sky's life that was his name before his parents died in the factory fire. he believed that the fire was on purpose and that the factory had burned down to make room for more rich housing. The government had not even raised a hand to help to say it would have cost too much to put the fire out. Soon after that sky was forced to live on the streets after being kicked out due to not having enough money to pay the rent since his parents had died.is two other sibling both were very young visclings and he was the eldest he didn’t know that their fates would come soon as well.
He was alone on the streets thirsty tired hungry
He would close his eyes under the stars at night and dream of one day that the wind would be blowing through his mane with a pair of leather goggles on his head but as the days would pass by his dream would die even more along with his starving body.
One day he was walking by a bar and a few viscets came out all were laughing a bigger viscet in the middle seemed to be telling the jokes he had scars on his face and wore a big puffy hat that seemed to have a feather lining with a puffy ginger mane and a scruffy beard. He went to take his eyes off the viscets to turn around not wanting to bother them but he was soon taken in by these viscets. They were pirates but not just any pirates they were sky pirates, pirates of the sky. This brought new hope for the young viscet and it brought him to the conclusion that the sky would always be there for him.
"The wind runs in my blood I look up each day to remind myself that I belong there"
corgiboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgiboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Good luck this baby is a cutie oml <3
corgiboy