Batch #171 - Readopt UFA by Mint Chip

Based on Click to view
Artist Mint Chip [gallery]
Time spent 22 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Batch #171 - Readopt UFA

Postby Mint Chip » Sat May 20, 2017 3:47 pm

This babe has been disowned by it's original owner and as such is being put UFA. For the contest it's be a limited impress me styled comp. Keep in mind that this is a readopt and falls under the community hosted category of adopts, which means that there is no limit on how many can be won, so anyone that wishes to can try out for and wish this viscet!

This viscet has been bred in the past; these are the children - Kahli & Amanojaku - Mindu & Stitchling - Persephone & Crowley, so it must remain biologically female; however it can identify however / whatever it'd like.

Now for the contest, a limited impress me as mentioned earlier contest feels about right for this one. I will require a personality for certain with a minimum of 150 words and a max of 350 words. For the extras, I'll allow up to 3 word extras (each extra being 500 words a piece) & up to 5 pieces of art each. Animations & comics are allowed - but no more than 4-5 panels per comic page. And no PMV or videos please. The extras are optional but it does help you chances. Prettying up is allowed. This contest will end June 20th, 2017 @ 5pm cst. Good luck!

[Contest Form]
Code: Select all
[list]username;
name;
gender; female

personality; (minimum 150 words / max 350 words)
word extras; (up to 3 - each extra is 500 words - they can be combined or used separately.)
art extras; (up to 5 - each extra is 1 piece of art - animations & comics allowed)[/list]

Remember - Quality over Quantity! I am definitely looking for character development & effort, so do your best. c:
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Batch #171 - Readopt UFA

Postby Bettalong » Sat May 20, 2017 3:50 pm

username;
    name;
    gender; female

personality; (minimum 150 words / max 350 words)
    word extras; (up to 3 - each extra is 500 words - they can be combined or used separately.)
    art extras; (up to 5 - each extra is 1 piece of art - animations & comics allowed)
rES ;O;
Bettalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hail. » Sat May 20, 2017 3:55 pm

username; howlingtothestars
    name; Estella
    tail name; Alya
    gender; female

personality; (294 words)
      Importance. Order how much of everything you have by importance. They depend on you, they look up to you, they need you, and so be the perfect example that they need. You are alone now, but that is okay. You can do this, just take a deep breath…and let it out very slowly…Okay, I am ready.
      My name is Estella. It used to be Chusi, but that changed with so many other things in my life. I am a single mother of three now, and doing the best that I physically and mentally can to keep up with everything. At the end of the day, I can only hope that what I am doing is enough.
      To best describe myself.. I like to put things in order of importance. To me, kindness and patience are the core traits of a mother. I have gotten close to perfection on kindness, though patience is more of a challenge from time to time. However, everything must always be balanced out. With kindness, must also come firmness, and with patience must also come diligence. It is vital to be as firm as you are gentle with the children, otherwise they will never learn. A few other traits would be courage, loyalty, love, and being genuine.
      At the end of the day, this list adds to things which I hope to become and am striving towards. I am not perfect, and I understand that it is possible that I may never be. It is all that I can dream for that one day I will achieve these wistful dreams of who I desire to become so that my children may be able to have a mother strong enough to carry them in place of the father they have lost.

Morning - 495 wrote: Alya awoke first. She lifted her head and turned to the den entrance, alerted by a small sound. Before her, a viscling crept towards Estella. The living tail of the viscling gave Alya a look, and Alya laid back down, allowing what was about to happen to occur.
    Estella awoke from the impact of a smaller body on her back. She gasped in shock and her head shot back and faced her small attacker. From her back, Mindu grinned up at her and her tail, Stitchling, swayed in amusement. Estella chuckled softly and scooped up the duo as she stood and carried them out of the den. Mindu nestled up against her and grinned up at her mother. “Good morning, mom! You woke up late!”
    Estella laughed at her. “Well, thanks to you I believe it was just on time.” She gently set her daughter down and began to work on the small fire which she made every morning. As she did so, her eyes flickered about and she watched her children from afar. Kahli had just woken up, and seemed as exhausted as ever. Her heart went out to him, as she knew that his fear of Ama had likely kept him up all night. Still, when young Persephone and Crowley approached him, he smiled at them and joked with his stuttering voice as though he had gotten a full nights rest.
    Estella’s eyes drifted after Persephone and Crowley after they had finished their conversation with Ama. The duo had always been a little different from the rest of the family, but in a good way. Crowley did all the talking, though she was blind, and Persephone did all the seeing and guiding, though she rarely talked. They were a wonderful pair and were extremely affectionate. Within her heart, Estella felt as though the separation of her and her past mate had affected them the most, but the girls never showed a sign of being damaged by it, and so she continued doing the best she could with them. They were easy to care for and entertain, however. Neither were nearly as rambunctious as Mindu and Stitchling and they weren’t as frightened as Kahli or as malicious as Ama. They were a perfect medium, and always were around to lend Estella and Alya a hand.
    Finally, there was Mindu and Stitchling, off working to turn on the sprinklers to water their fathers corn maze. After he left, they became set on keeping it maintained and, despite Estella’s persistent requests, would rarely let her help. Mindu and Stitchling had always been closer to Estella than their father, so the split was easier for them, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t deeply affected. Still, they were often the grounding point for Estella. The times that she felt as though she could no longer press forward and that everything she did was wrong, they would nestle up to her and give her the comfort that she needed.

Midday - 499 wrote:It was around noon when Estella and Alya set out to maintain the garden. After breakfast, each child went out to enjoy their day. Kahli had gone to see Lokheed, Mindu and Stitchling were preparing the cornfield for the guests to come, and Persephone and Crowley were cleaning up breakfast and preparing the homes for the approaching dinner time. Midday was when Estella and Alya were often alone, and thus the two took the time to communicate. They’d communicate more openly if it weren’t for Kahli. When Alya opens her mouth to reveal the yellow fur within, something within Kahli seems to snap and he grows ridged and nervous. The two believe it may have something to do with Ama’s coloration, but whenever it is brought up he always brushes the topic away, so the reason remains as a question mark.
    Estella dug small holes with her paws while Alya placed several seeds inside of them and then covered the hole. Estella wasn’t been into gardening, but after she was left alone with her children, she decided that it time to adapt to something other than laying around when the kids weren’t there to keep her company. She wasn’t particularly good at it and often times killed more plants than she raised, but the task brought peace to her mind. “What did you think of the morning?”
    “It went smoothly, nothing really seemed out of the ordinary.” Alya spoke calmly, but stretched her jaw open a few times after she did. It was tough for her to have to keep her mouth shut all morning and night and her jaw often times became sore.
    “They seem excited, particularly Mindu and Stitchling.”
    “Well, Halloween is approaching. It will be the first one without him… Are you sure you can handle it?”
    “I have to. I need to show them that I am still okay, that I am still me and that I am here for them. I can’t let them down.”
    Alya frowned deeply at Estella’s remark but made no comment. Alya did not agree with Estella’s mindset when it came to how her children perceived her in this time, but she didn’t speak up. She knew how much this meant to Estella, how desperate she was to make these children happy and to help them to live full and prosperous lives despite the missing parent. She knew all of Estella’s fears and concerns about letting them down or making them feel as though they are not good enough, and at the end of the day she shared these fears with her, though her solutions were vastly different.
    “Ah, it looks like the hoard is returning.”
    Estella raised her head and looked off to where Alya was facing. From the distance, Mindu and Stitchling were sprinting full speed across the field to the campsite, and behind them Kahli was running awkwardly, trying to keep right behind her. A smiled spread across Estella’s face, and she moved out to meet them.

Evening - 500 wrote:Estella picked at her food. It was burnt, again. The children didn’t seem to mind, but Estella still felt guilty. She scolded herself internally for making such a bad meal and glowered at the food before her, which now resembled charcoal through her mind’s eye.
    “Mom.” The small voice pulled Estella from her mind and she looked up at Mindu. “Thank you for the food, it tastes great!”
    Estella smiled at her daughter and felt a warmth expand in her chest as the other two children joined in with nods and words of agreement. They always seem to know just what she was thinking.
    “So, how as everyone’s day?” The instant Estella finished the sentence, Mindu’s eyes gained a vibrant twinkle to them. With a chuckle, she gestured for her to go first.
    “Stitchling and I watered the field, then found a secret path to use to hide in! We put a marker there so we could find it later!” Estella turned to the cornfield and smiled. Sure enough, there was a flag standing just over the stalks, marking their new hiding place.
    “That’s great, sweetheart. You’ll have to show me it sometime.” She smiled at Mindu warmly, then turned her gaze to Persephone. “How was your day?”
    Persephone smiled and Crowley began to talk. “It was good! We got a lot done and even encountered a new insect. It was scary, but curious to see.”
    “What an adventure! I am glad you two had a good day.” Estella smiled at the duo, who smiled back in return, and then she turned to Kahli, who had been spacing out this entire time. “And how about you, Kahli?”
    “H-Huh?”
    “How was your day, sweetheart?”
    “O-Oh. It w-was good.”
    “He saw Lokheed again.” Mindu sang out the words cheerfully after Stitchling had leaned in close to her ear. Kahli turned to his younger sister and laughed a little, and the two broke out into playful joking and teasing. Estella laughed gently at them, but couldn’t help but feel a murmur of sadness within her. She was happy that Kahli had found love, but doing so meant that he would soon leave her, and that was something that she was not sure if she was prepared for. She decided to change the subject before her mind drifted too far down that path.
    “So, I made something special for desert!” The instant she said desert, all eyes shot to her. Estella laughed and Alya moved away from the plate she had been hiding to reveal apple pie. Sure it did not come from the apples Estella had attempted to grow, but it still came from her.
    After they had finished, they sat around and quietly watched the fire fade. While Estella gazed at the embers, her children looked at each other. Then, without notice, they came forward and embraced Estella in a massive bear hug. Estella smiled and returned their hug while fighting the tears in her eyes. Perhaps she was doing something right.

art extras; (up to 5 - each extra is 1 piece of art - animations & comics allowed)

-Credits-
Kahli and Amanojaku - Owned by me
Mindu and Stitchling - Owned by Creative
Persephone and Crowley - 155NinjaCat
Last edited by Hail. on Sat May 27, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Sat May 20, 2017 4:34 pm

username; Grifforik
    name; Bronwyn and Bruno
    gender; female

Personality:

Bronwyn is the strong opinionated type. So very opinionated, in fact, that she once argued a king into taking on a Dark Horse as a mount, and a guard into letting her go on the basis that she was right and he wasn’t. Her stubborn streak, after all, is a mile long.

Her tail, Bruno, only speaks to her and the dark creatures they work with, he's never spoken to anyone other than Canis and Lupus, who share the same relationship as her and Bruno. A symbiotic relationship that balances Wyn's standoffish nature. Bruno acts as something of her conscience and will warn her when she's going to far, something she's rather grateful for.

She likes being alone (well as alone as it gets with Bruno) with her creatures and will spend days in the forest without speaking to a soul. Her personality is spiky and erratic, though caring and fierce when it comes to the creatures she takes care of and her very few friends.

Considered a crazy lady, a dark witch, and a rather unstable person for working with dark creatures, she has very little love for the general public. Thankfully she has her soul sister Canis runs their joint business and deals with the public, meaning she only has to be nice, smiling and friendly during demos and sales.

More than anything in the world she wants to show that the ‘dark’ creatures are every bit as loving and friendly as the light, only misunderstood, afraid, and hunted. Her full goal in life is to change how people think of the dark creatures, change the fear to awe, and the awe to working relationships.

Beginning

You might find it strange that anyone would want to work with dark creatures, but to Wyn its only natural. She herself was both feared and considered something of a dark creature herself. Born with a tail that had a mouth and thoughts of his own, she was considered a little crazy, a little evil, and a little bit of a freak. Her parent's shielded her from this for the most part, but kids are cruel and unrelentingly pointed all this out to her. Adults were polite and wouldn't speak evil thoughts but the children would innocently speak what their parent's said at night in the comfort of their own homes.

Several of the children were afraid of her, the rest just didn't know how to handle her, and a very few were her friends. Those friends she cherished as she grew up. They started to drift apart after she hit her teen years and began working with animals. Most of her friends were in town kids and she lived on the outskirts wit her parents, who were trappers and hunters. Unlike them, she had no want to hurt things or hunt them, but only to help them.

On a dark morning, on her 18th birthday she found a lost foal. She was night dark with stars in her mane and eyes, and wobbly as any new baby. Slowly, Wyn walked up to her, letting the little filly get use to her scent. The poor little thing was terrified and pathetic and beautiful. After hours of waiting, Wyn was finally able to touch the little filly who, was both curious and afraid. Softy, Wyn talked to her and was surprised when Bruno took an interest, and began singing softly to the little thing. It was, miraculous, the change. The little filly went from afraid to instantly trusting and cried pathetically of hunger.

Wyn, a soft hearted teen, could have done nothing else but bring her home. She found the milk that she'd gotten from the goats that morning and proceeded to feed the little one until she was sated and asleep in her paws. Awed, and touched, she and Bruno shared the magical moment and treasured it for later times. It was her first interaction with a magical creature and her most cherished memory.

It would be two days later, when her parents came home, that she would learn that the foal, whom she'd named Shadowren (Wren for short), was actually and Nightmare, a typed of creature that traveled the shadow roads of dreams and delivered dreams to all creatures via the King of Dreams, and the realm of night. Even though the dreams and the King of dreams wasn't considered evil, the Nightmares were. Mostly because of the unsettling appearance and the fact that they disappear and deliver both good and bad dreams.

Last edited by grifforik on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiny little box » Sat May 20, 2017 6:20 pm

username;
    name; Charles
    gender; female

Personality: sweet,charming,hopeless romantic
Can you 100% certainty prove that I actually exist?

Bi/dragon/pretty gay

Hmhmhmhmhmhm
hm
hm
hm
hm
tiny little box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G1 Sunstreaker » Sat May 20, 2017 10:47 pm

oooOOOOOO

basics box wrote:Usᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ
G1 Sunstreaker
Nᴀᴍᴇ
Scotchlyn
Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀ
Female
Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Aɢᴇ
23 yr 4 mo

personality box wrote:Kᴇʏᴡᴏʀᴅs
Bright | Naïve | Lovable | Optimistic | Stubborn | Sharp

Mᴏᴛᴛᴏ
"What's a motto?"

Pᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ
Scotchlyn is...a little odd. Having grown up with no idea of what society was really like, she was free to be as innocent and playful as she pleased, and although Marin was careful to school her in good character and morals, she was unable to really teach her how to act around other viscets beyond herself(excluding the few instances when she allowed Scotchlyn to engage with the customers). At first impression, she's rather childish; easily amused, it doesn't take much to answer her or make her laugh. She's a naturally sweet individual. Animals and viscets alike are given a big, beaming smile at first glance, and she's never afraid to march right up and say hello. However she isn't just a happy little biscuit. Scotchlyn understands the absence of her parents, and it affects her in her lonelier moments. In fact, she's incredibly lonely. She loves Marin with all her heart, and she enjoys the company of Lokni, but it's difficult having only two viscets to talk to. She'll often carry out one sided conversations with her tail, talking about anything from her parents to the clouds above. She's terrified of going crazy.

relationships wrote:Her Tailmouth
Oddly enough, Scotchlyn has never given her tailmouth a name.
She's heard stories of other tailmouth viscets who named their tails,
who refer to their tails as an entire entity. She's found this concept to be confusing, as she's never once heard her tail speak; despite its tendencies to sometimes move as its own entity, it's never once given her reason to believe it's truly alive. Communication, for one, has never been established between them, whether verbal or tacit, and while it does like to idle about, she still possesses full control over her tail should she need it.

Lokni
Lokni was one of the very first viscets Scotchlyn met aside from Marin, and he's essentially her only friend. He'd been one of Marin's customers at first; just a regular passerby living in a town they'd stopped in for a week or two. He'd taken interest in her tail in the way that most do, and of course she'd answered his questions. The next day he'd come back, and the next, and the next, until one day she asked why he kept returning if he wasn't coming to buy anything. He'd smiled and told her he thought she was a lovely viscet and that he wanted to be her friend. Aside from Marin, he's the only viscet she regularly talks to, and he's taught her much about society.

Historical Summary wrote:Scotchlyn was born the day after she was stolen.

The thieving paws that cradled her egg nearly dropped it in surprise when it wiggled and began to crack under the dim light of the black, rainy sky. After all, what was to be expected when the egg was two weeks late? It had been deemed dormant and only its parents had held onto any semblance of hope. The thief had never suspected any life would remain, and had only stolen it to make good on a sale. They didn't drop the egg until the first bits of eggshell broke away and revealed two mouths. The impact shattered the fragile egg, and the viscling spilled forth onto the muddy trail with not so much as a squeak.

It took only moments for the thief to make their decision. They hadn't planned on this, hadn't even had a backup plan for this. The only trace they left behind were fast-fading prints as the viscling writhed in the mud.

It was almost an hour before the sound of creaking wagon wheels ascended the curve of the hill. The rain had lessened, but was bitterly cold, and the viscet hauling the cart was gripping their cloak about themselves so tightly they likely would've stepped on the shivering pile of fur had it not chosen that moment to squawk. Peering downwards into the cold dark, the viscet reached a paw downwards and made contact with a violently shaking form. Without hesitation she quickly lifted the viscling into her paws, cradling it snugly and wrapping lengths of cloak around the soaked creature. The brakes were set on the wagon's wheels, and the door leading to the cozy warmth of the cart shut quietly in the darkness.

The night was spent cleaning and nurturing the young creature. The dangerous cold had brought the otherwise healthy viscling to the brink of death, and the viscet worked tirelessly to care for her. Morning brought relative peace, and as she watched the viscling sleep, the viscet fell into a pensive mood. Her name was Marin, and she was a traveling peddler who had never so much as fancied the idea of children. However the strange tail could not be overlooked; she'd only ever seen one other viscet with a tail like it, and as far as she was aware they were halfway across the country. A regular orphanage was out of the question; she didn't know of any orphanage that would accept a tailmouth viscling, no matter the temperament. She didn't know anyone who would be willing to take the viscling under their wing, and she most definitely couldn't leave it behind, either on the road or with a stranger. Really, she didn't have much of a choice if she wanted the viscling to live.

A few days' worth of care found the viscling happy and healthy. Marin had named her Scotchlyn, after a character in an old fairytale she'd loved as a child. She'd sworn to herself that when she was old enough, Scotchlyn would be told the truth; she wouldn't let her live her life thinking she was her mother. For nearly two weeks they stayed along the same stretch of trail. Food was plentiful, both in game and in foraging, and Marin took the time to teach Scotchlyn the basics of fending for herself--how to hide, how to gather, how to test if water was drinkable, so on, so forth.

As she grew, Scotchlyn learned the trade of a peddler. She was taught a little bit of everything. Sewing, knitting, leatherworking, weaving--she knew it all. They traveled along bare roads and grassy plains, and at times through dense forests where they'd often have to backtrack to find a path wide enough to fit the cart. They gathered mushrooms Every time they stopped in a town, Scotchlyn was taught to stay in the cart lest she be found, and as she grew she learned why. There were many times that she wasn't quick enough and her tail was discovered. Each time she and Marin were sent from the town, fear and anger following them out.

She travels with Marin, now. She loves Marin, and Marin loves her. It's all she's ever known, but it's enough.

Code: Select all
    personality; (min 150 words / max 350 words)

[quote="ideas box"]-a little shy
    -doesn't speak very good English/very much at all
    -kinda grew up isolated from most of regular viscet society
    -maybe tailmouth speaks diff. language? that would be rlly cool but might not make sense
    -can tailmouth speak at all?
    -generally disregards tailmouth tbh, has never even seen another tailmouth (tho idk what relationship to parents might be)

-x2 writing for a story, idk which yet
    -x1 writing for uhhh...[i]uhhhhhhh[/i]
    -x1 art for anim.: maybe just a simple bounce as a title piece
    x2-3 art for comic: idk yet lmao
    x1-2 art: just art. just regular old fashioned still pieces. beautiful[/quote]
rip I know the coding isn't exactly gorgeous but I'm not terribly good at it hnngh
ignore the stuff in the code box, not part of form.
Last edited by G1 Sunstreaker on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ask my Viscets/Kalons! | My Viscets ♥ | My Kalons ♥ | Friend of Fried-Disaster, we share an IP cause we're roommates. Please don't ban us!
You can't beat the best.

Check viscets out here!
G1 Sunstreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:49 pm

Marking!

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Sun May 21, 2017 2:35 am

mark
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Ash Wolf~ » Sun May 21, 2017 3:20 am

Mark
Image Image
~Ash Wolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softballpup12 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:34 am

Markkk!
Last edited by Softballpup12 on Sun May 20, 2018 10:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
Amazing Art by Sixbane ^^^^^

ON HIATUS

Hey! I'm Soft!
I'm a high school student taking all honors classes and procrastinating so much it's a surprise I still have all A's... We'll see how long that lasts. As such, I'm busier than I thought I would be and things are getting done much slower than I expected. Please bear with me while I catch up!

| PM me: Anytime! || Ask for Help: Absolutely! |

My Kalons
Softballpup12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me