Artist Calix [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Celestial Dragon #059

Postby Calix » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:48 pm

What is a Celestial Dragon?
Celestial Dragons(CDs) are a small breed of dragon, closely related to Fu Dogs. They have a silky, ethereal mane that swirls and shines like a galaxy. They vary in size from a small fox to a large dog, and are covered in a thin coat of soft fur. Their pupils are star shaped, and every CD has a star marking in their coat or mane. Please make sure to read the species rules before trying out!

Last one for the night ouo A geode based dragon! Like geodes, this dragon is hiding something; a secret? Tell me about it!

Code: Select all
[center][size=85][b]username;[/b]
[b]cd name;[/b]
[b]cd gender and orientation;[/b] (read species rules!)
[b]what are they hiding?;[/b][/size][/center]

extras and prettying are fine, ends may 10th
Last edited by Calix on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Celestial Dragon #058

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:04 am

username; Unleashed Squid

cd name; Pandora (Called "Dia" for short)

cd gender and orientation; (read species rules!) Female; Aromatic pansexual

Personality;
Overview: Dia is an ENFP, and what some would call a devil's advocate. She is thrives on spontaneous and unplanned actions, which often lead her to trouble. Also, this dragon tends to enjoy mentally challenging situations to sharpen her wit and show off her intellect. It isn't to prove a point or solve some incredible equation; Dia does this simply because it's fun.

Being is ENTP, means that she is extroverted, uses intuition, thinks to make a decision and perceives her information. Broken down, this means that she gains energy from people, tends to think to the future rather than stay in the moment, is highly logical and clever, and prefers to have a loose and unplanned life in comparison to constricting plans and rules.

In other words, this combination makes her overly honest and prepared to argue. Even if she doesn't care about the subject in question, she will make a good argument for that side with steady and correct facts. Her entire purpose seems to be proving other wrong or right and spitting unarguable facts to others. Winning an argument against her is practically unheard of, as she will never argue a case that she knows she can't win, or one that she does not have enough facts to support.

Often the dragon will just jump into a quarrel and pick the side which she believes is right or has just facts. Other times, she may not even realize that she has started an argument. And the problem with this is that she do neither of two things. One being admitting she is wrong. The second is stopping the argument until the other side gives in.

She also can be flexible in many circumstances and loves knowledge and leaning above all else. Her goal in life seems to be learning as many facts as she can, and understanding them. (perhaps for a future debate?)

A problem with this could be that she will openly question or pick apart anything somebody says in any circumstance. Even if the other is a higher rank, or the situation seems inappropriate, she will still question or challenge authority when it sounds illogical or something doesn't line up.

In a society of dragons who use their hearts, Dia may also seem heartless because of her honesty. It is something that comes with a disregard for any emotions when it comes down to it. After all, facts are the only things that one can truly believe. Or at least it is that way to her.

She is also straightforward when it comes to speaking, and expects to be treated as she treats others. Often when they beat around the bush or put off the truth, it infuriates her. She is impatient when things are important and she will sometimes sharply demand an answer, regardless of sensitivity. She always gives simple and straight advice and will take nothing but that from others.

what are they hiding?;
The entrance of the cave yawned to him. This was it. There had been rumors of dragons who had never returned from this place, and Asher had decided to test his luck by traveling here.

Upon entering, he was greeted by geodes of all shapes and sizes. The cavern was gorgeous, but the light quickly diminished. Deeper underground he went, and the colder the air became. Thoughts of dangers haunted him, and his brain drew pictures of monsters. What was it which lurked in the darkness? Why had it stolen so many lives? Occasionally there would be a puddle on the floor, filled with icy water which would shock him back into reality. He would fall back into an world where there were no such monsters.

Suddenly, Asher jumped back. It had not been ten minutes, yet he had reached a cavern with a set of eyes staring deep into him. They were not hostile, so he carefully tracked forwards. A voice called softly into the darkness.

"Ah, its been a long time since I've seen another face, hasn't it." The grin was apparent on her face. Asher didn't even need to look to know it was there. It was a cold expression; one which was clearly backed up with darker thoughts rather than the pasted joy. Yet the dragon did not hide her intentions. Her words were quick and sharp yet she did not move a muscle. Asher turned, looking the dragon over. She was older than him for sure, but her face was ageless. She could have been fifteen or fifty for all he knew. And she seemed to have her great paw clasped around something which he would not quite make out.

Every so often there would be a drip of water which illuminated the cave. It send moonlight flickering through the emptiness for only a moment; but it was a moment in which the gold object shone into his gaze. He wasn't sure what exactly it was but it called to him as something greater than Earthly treasures. This object was made of metal; but it was far, far more valuable.

The object gave made Asher's skin crawl. It made him twitch. The dark-furred dragon seemed to stiffen when she noticed this. "I see that you can sense it." She purred, delighted in her new game. "Not many creatures seem to have the power to resist." Suddenly she swiped the gold from under her paw and dangled it from a dull chain in front of his face. "Look at this key, doll. Is it not so perfectly crafted?"

And Asher looked at the key. In fact, he could not find the power to look away. It was a glimmering, glittering golden object which tantalized him and whispered his name in the most mesmerizing manner. He felt it's strength pressing into him and shifting his insides around and suffocating him. But he also realized that he didn't mind at all. so perfectly crafted

And suddenly the key was gone. Pushed away by the dragon and once again hidden under her paw.

An uncontrollable anger flooded through him, "No!" He cried. "Give it back!"

"Ah, what is there to give back? That key was never possessed by you. It is not yours to be returned."

"No! It is mine! I will make it mine!" But then it was over. The realization of his temporary madness frightened him. He shuttered and then shook his head, clearing away all of the remaining thoughts.

She smiled again, her crocodile teeth glinting against the drip of a water droplet. It landed with a tat "Love, this key is all I own. I carry no bindings of family, nor burdens of other possessions. This is all I need. It is my oxygen. My life." There was a sudden pain, there, deep behind her eyes. In fact, he almost even felt sorry for her. But then the moment was over. Her gaze shifted again. She once again took the key out, studied its shimmering decivements, and then put it back. This time it brought along a bitter taste. But the lure still drew him to it.

"The problem is nobody can resist" she murmured. "Not one person. It's dangerous." He only then noticed the madness in her eyes. They glinted with a pristine chaos and radiated insanity. She began to laugh, and it turned into a crazed hysteria. "But I am it's guardian. I have condemned myself to this hell, don't you see? I can never leave this cave. I can never leave this dreadful key. My job is to lose myself to keep it safe."

He was silent. The keymaster remained still once again. There was a long pause and he looked at her, blankly. What could he say after that? Suddenly it came to him as if he had been struck down by a lightning bolt. As if his brain were dictated by a force outside of his own. "What is it for"

"What did you say?"

"What is that key for? Why does it need guarding?"

She growled. "I may as well tell you. It's not like anybody will believe you anyways."

The madness haunted him. It crept into his brain. "No! Do not plague me with stories." He suddenly commanded against his own will. "You must show me its power."

"I cannot do that. Can't you see what this key is doing to you? You're becoming mad; you're becoming like every other traveler who has come down this dark chamber. They all desire the same thing, yet they all die,"

"I want to see."

"Please, traveler."

"I want to see."

The dragon looked blank. She stared down with a saddened expression, but Asher couldn't understand why. He would rather die that leave this cave without seeing the treasure. He would be willing to murder for it. This key must have been a gift from the holiest being in existence. Why else would it be so alluring? Yet this witch had stolen it from him.

The wall had been rebuilt between him and the female dragon; this time, it seemed to contain a little more caution. She sighed deeply. "Well, if you insist."

Asher couldn't resist the grin which spread on his face. This was it.

Dia half heartedly swung around the golden object until a vast portal appeared. From the rippling crack rang out a glorious sound; like that of a great horn, or a mighty river. A sound of God Himself. He bend down and weeped to the light. Such a glorious world which lay before him. It was so perfect. He crumbled to the floor, suddenly becoming distant. His life was completed in the glory of the moment. Another single traveler lost to the power of a secret.

--------------

The dragon beside him had her head tucked down away from the dimension before her. The world was not a sight she cared to see. The key's magic did not entrance her, and she did not wish to see her own home which she could never return to.

She knew that there was nothing special about the portal, but the deep lure of the metal made it seem incredible; as if the observer was looking straight into heaven. She knew that Asher would not live much longer, as that would have been the final effect of that cursed object. But honestly, there had been so many travelers like him, that all pain was numbed.

"Dia" a voice called. "You've lost another one?"

She sighed. "Yes. I guess I have."

"You need to stop showing them that key. It's sad how many fates are lost to pure idiocy."

Dia sighed again. "I know. But I just can't keep them away. They lust for knowledge, Chiron. It's unstoppable."

She heard a groan from the dragon king.

Until her secret was lost in time, she knew that there would be more of those saddening fates. There would be more of those souls like Asher. But it would never be her fault.

To this day it was a mystery to her why the gold did not steal her sanity. But Dia was fine with that. After all, she had once been a single traveler too. But her own mind had shielded her from the power of the key. Not one other dragon had made it out of her cave, and not one lived to share what it really was which dwelled in that forest. She guessed that nobody would ever truly know why so many beings had vanished.

But to her, that was perfectly alright. Because after all, a secret could not be a secret if the truth is exposed.

Other: Thank you so much for hosting and good luck to all entries!
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Wed May 10, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onionraptor » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:06 am

"No one knows me. No one understands me. They don't know what I have been through. I act as if I am their friend, because I love them. They're my friends. But, they don't know that I keep something secret from them. So secret, I have never told anyone about it in my life. No one knows that I, Sombra, have the power to create crystals. This power is extremely rare, and only very few Celestial Dragons bear this power. If this power was to be known by everyone, people would use me. People would torture me to make crystals for them, only to make them rich. They would use me as a lab rat. That's my biggest fear. I only use this power to decorate caves, or give them to the poor. The crystals I make are worth a lot in the city I live in. I think they're called, Amethyst? I don't quite remember from my books. Should I tell my friends? No. They would tell everyone else. I can't trust anyone, at least, not now."
Last edited by onionraptor on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

━ THOUGHTS ━
┌─────────┐
#1 / #2 / #3 / #4 /

└────────┘
━ WASH AWAY ━

● ● ● ● ●
░░░░░░
━━━━

┌──────┐
text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text

└──────┘
━━━━

onionraptor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dazziebear » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:15 am

username; dazziebear
cd name; zarrina
cd gender and orientation; (read species rules!) Female; panromantic
what are they hiding?;
giant hoard of amethyst
dazziebear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Celestial Dragon #059

Postby apyr » Fri May 05, 2017 11:56 am

username; SpaceSocks_
cd name; Amy
cd gender and orientation; Female/Lesbian
what are they hiding?;
Amythest. It has become rare, and when she walks her eyes sparkle with wisdom and jems.

I fell in love with her because my birth stone is amythest...
──-────────────────────
i am only online weekdays at school.if i win a
contest or you need to contact me, PM me!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-────────────────────
hi!! i'm apyr!
i'm a traditional artist who
loves my OCs with all of my heart.
if you ever need a friend, i'd love a
message. i dont bite!

────────────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
credit
toyhou.se fr song of the week

───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
apyr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calix » Thu May 11, 2017 7:41 am

Alrighty; this is now over! Thank you all for your entries! The winner is...

Unleashed Squid!

Wow, just wow! I was blown away by your form, your writing is beautiful. Enjoy this dragon!
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Thu May 11, 2017 7:59 am

Ah, thank you so much! I can't wait to add this lovely babe to my stories. She has such a unique and entrancing design. <3
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me