Based on Click to view
Artist milo. [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1387

Postby milo. » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:59 am

spring time generally always gives me them Easter feels all season -
    this one is pretty well based off the feel goods of pastels and Easter egg colouring!

username: james.
name: Charmeine

for this competition, i'd like to hear about their favourite spring time activity!
    give me a short story ( 350 words minumum ), and one art piece*

*sketches are perfectly fine, this does not have to be a full blown art piece; sketches count as much as anything else

this also wouldn't be one of my competitions without a song! find a cheerful song for me to listen to while reading your story c:

prettying up is encouraged, but isn't necessary. play with the skeleton form as you please!

RULES
    - be kind, have fun!
    - i wanna know what they love doing in spring!
    - one art piece!
    - cheery song!
    - comp will end May 4th !!

Code: Select all
    [b]username:[/b]
    [b]name:[/b]
    [b]gender:[/b]
    [b]short story:[/b] ( 350 words )
    [b]art piece:[/b]
    [b]cheery song:[/b]

mutations
hooves - event rare
Last edited by milo. on Fri May 05, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1387

Postby magpiemochi. » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:16 am

Charmeine's eyes sparkled with an unknown wonder as if it was her first time outside, but that wasn't uncommon. Every time she woke up from hibernation, her eyes widened and gleamed with an incredible amount of happiness despite how colourless the world currently was. Wherever she walked, it seemed as though the snow from the dreary winter simply vanished with a silent command from the pastel viscet. She cried out in cheer as it happened, happy to see life in the earth underneath her paws. Her smile widened whenever she saw a brightly coloured bird fly by, or when she spotted a small amount of green poking out from the dead brown she was surrounded by. Charmeine would be lying if she said that the dreary brown around her didn't fill her with a slight unease, but it always got better.

Always.

That was her job, after all, and she did it all with the brightest of smiles and the cheeriest of songs and whistles. She didn't like to consider it a job though. Jobs were supposed to be miserable and monotonous. This? This was her duty as the Harbinger of Spring, and she enjoyed it immensely. She dreamt about the day she would finally wake up again to bring colour and joy back into the world around her. She had Ugin to thank for granting her the duty. Although it was very far away, Charmeine stopped what she was doing every so often in order to look in the direction of the Guardian's plain and offer an appreciative smile to the crisp breeze. Ugin continually assured her that no other thanks were necessary; she was already doing everything she could have possibly asked from her. Charmeine was a stubborn little thing, however, and always promised that she would show her how much she appreciated the Guardian.

'One day,' she would always say, 'one day very soon.'

Ugin understood very well that the task she assigned Charmeine wasn't easy in the slightest, and also very time consuming, so she never expected her to be able to keep her promise, but at the end of Spring, the Guardian was always left with a small gift; a token of Charmeine's appreciation.

Charmeine smiled brightly at the thought. It made her incredibly happy that she could keep her promise every single season. It made her feel like her task had been completed 100%. No loose ends. And with that thought as her last, she would be able to hibernate in peace, her dreams filled with only pleasant images and good vibes. She was very thankful for the pleasant dreams too since without them, she would have a difficult time coming up with new songs and tunes to sing to her seeds as she planted them. Without her songs, the seeds wouldn't sprout, and there would be no flowers for Spring — there would be no colour in the world — and that just wouldn't do. It was impossible for Charmeine to think of the world being void of colour forever; it was a dreadful thought. Spring was the season of positivity and colour. There wasn't any time for dreadful thoughts or frowns, and she would continue to spread that belief around the entirety of her world with her flowers and her songs.
[547 words]
art was done by jolteon!
Last edited by magpiemochi. on Fri May 05, 2017 11:14 am, edited 10 times in total.
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stårry » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:17 am

Butterfly collecting maybe? <3 Res! Not so sure yet, gotta think of a character ;w;

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to
fly away with me
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✦ nemuri » Mon May 01, 2017 7:29 am

mark, will be watching !! reminds me of an easter egg with hooves tbh //shot
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Thu May 04, 2017 4:46 am

one day warning, guys.

if an extension is needed, please let me know c:

EDIT: this competition will end at midnight PST!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Fri May 05, 2017 7:17 pm

J A M E S !!

i suppose it's no surprise that you've won this little girl!

i loved her little story SO much and i can't wait to hear more about her omg !

i'm crying she's s o cuTE

congrats!

ty for being my biggest fan tbh
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Fri May 05, 2017 7:18 pm

milo. wrote:J A M E S !!

i suppose it's no surprise that you've won this little girl!

i loved her little story SO much and i can't wait to hear more about her omg !

i'm crying she's s o cuTE

congrats!

ty for being my biggest fan tbh

YES YES YES YES I LOVE MY LIL HOOF GIRL!!!!!!! SCREAMS THANK YOU MOOLI <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

i'll always be your biggest fan c:

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups