Based on Click to view
Artist Hail. [gallery]
Time spent 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1215

Postby Hail. » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:27 am

Whoop!!
So something to note about this viscet, it has asymmetrical ears. The left is floppy and the right is perked up like a german shepherds :)

Rules:
1. Be polite and courteous to everyone
2. If you are passive aggressive, mean, or rude to the winner or winners of an hm or ru and won one yourself it will be taken away. Be a good sport.
3. Stick to the word limits and have fun!!

For this one, I want you to tell me about them. Who they were and who they are.
-Backstory - 800 words
-Story - 1000 words
-1 Required art piece

Code: Select all
Username -
Name -
Gender -
Backstory (800) -
1 Art (req) -
Story (1000) -
Extras (5 art pieces or 1,000 words. 1 art piece = 200 words for this competition so you can mix and match it how you like)

This will end on February 28th, though it may be extended if I see that it needs to be.

Code: Select all
[img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2733295&size=large&format=auto&rev=1487434616[/img]

//Mutations//
Curly Tail - Rare
Ear Variation - asymmetrical dog - uncommon
Last edited by Hail. on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1215

Postby grifforik » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:29 am

Username - Grifforik
Name - Toby
Gender - Male
Backstory (800) -
1 Art (req) -
Story (1000) -
Extras (5 art pieces or 1,000 words. 1 art piece = 200 words for this competition so you can mix and match it how you like)
Last edited by grifforik on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:30 am

username; james. | gender; male

"Tsk, tsk. Now what's a small pup like you doing here?" James was used to getting hissed at by alley-cats and chased by dogs damn near the size of him, but judging by the terrified look on the viscling's face, he guessed that this was probably his first evening in the scummy city. At the sound of his silky voice and caramel accent, the viscling whipped around only to be met by dark paws. With bated breath, he looked up before allowing his jaw to unhinge. That was it for him; he was convinced. He was only trying to find shelter after losing the hungry critters that had been chasing him, and now he was met with his ultimate demise. The blue coloured viscling squeezed his eyes shut, deciding there was no use in running, but James only released a dark chuckle.

He was fully aware, just by the visclings facial expressions and body language, that he thought James had found his dinner for the night — but fortunately for him, he was sorely mistaken. "Open your eyes." He basically barked the command. "Don't be silly. We are one in the same. I'm merely curious of your situation. Why are you here?" The accent could still be compared to a warm caramel, but the silky voice from earlier melted into that of grated metal — annoyance was obvious in his tone. The viscling flinched at the command before opening his eyes, though he kept them low as he was pushed by the sweep of the viscets paw — a silent request to begin walking alongside him.

"We were outside of the city limits, my mother and I, but I ... I really don't know what happened." He struggled to keep up with the long strides of the other, but he kept his complaints to himself and continued with his story. "One moment she was there... I turned around to look at the flowers growing through the cracks in the concrete, and she was gone. I heard her say something, but I wasn't really paying attention, so I just... don't really know what it was." Thinking about anything awful happening to his mother caused hot tears to sting his eyes, so he thought of the viscet beside him instead. "I ended up here because I didn't know where else to go; I thought it'd be safe."

James laughed out loud despite the sadness in the visclings voice. "Kid, you would have been better off traveling the highlands. This is the last place you want to be — especially alone." His social skills might have been severely lacking as of late, but he at least knew enough to avoid mentioning the pup's mother. He knew she was no longer living just from the story he told, but he didn't need to know that. Not yet at least.

"Yeah, probably, but uh. Everything happens for a reason, right? Besides, I'm not alone. Not anymore! I've got you!"

James very audibly sighed before stopping in his tracks. When he looked down at the heartbroken viscling, he was met with a forced but bright smile. There was still a sliver of hope in those strawberry eyes of his. What right did he have to snuff out that hope? "Mhm. I do suppose you're correct."

He had no idea how he was going to balance raising a viscling and building up his conglomerate, but he was sure he would find a way — he always did. "So, what's your name, kid?" He asked, allowing the small pup to catch up a bit before continuing onward.

The viscling furrowed his brows and looked down at his paws as he walked along, almost as if he needed to think about it first. "I'm Jeremy. It's kind of an odd name, I know, but when you live near people, their ways kinda rub off I guess?"

James shook his head with an understanding smile. "Yes, Jeremy. I understand quite well."

"Yeah?" Jeremy cocked his head to look up at him. "Do you have a weird name too?"

Ah, James thought to himself, kids say the darndest things. "Well, darling. I wouldn't consider it to be weird, it just isn't very common for those like us to have. Your name is not only very unique to you, but it's rather lovely as well."

Jeremy couldn't help but to smile, and he was about to thank him too, but a heavy yawn caught him by surprise.

"You've had a rough day, darling. Allow me."

James hesitantly scooped the small pup into his maw by the scruff of his neck, and it wasn't long before Jeremy was sleeping soundly.

The silence gave him time to think about the situation at hand and it was most certainly going to be quite the adventure for the both of them.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

He remembered a time when he was terrified of the dark city streets, but since he was brought into the underground, he's learned how to hold his own. Even with his small stature, Jeremy knew how to intimidate when he needed to. If intimidation alone didn't work in a tough situation, then he definitely wasn't afraid to use physical force. Though as more of a lover instead of a fighter, physical force was sort of a last resort. He really was impressive to say the least.

"So, like I was saying — I just don't understand the issue, you know? I can hold my own. Why do I have to be cooped up in my crummy den all day?" Just hours before, Jeremy confronted James about wanting a cool job like the rest of the gang, but much to his disappointment, he shot the idea down almost immediately. "It's too dangerous," he said in a mocking tone, "It's too dangerous, he says! Why is it too dangerous for me, but not everyone else, huh?"

Sebastian listened carefully as the two walked together through the alley and away from the flashing lights and loud music coming from one of the many dance clubs. A million thoughts were going through his mind, but he didn't want to offend or insult the little viscet, so he had to choose his thoughts and words very carefully. "You're a different case, kid. You aren't the same as the rest of us, y'know? You ain't disposable. Jim watched ya' grow up. He helped ya' grow up. Basically raised ya'. You get that right? He just wants to protect ya'."

Jeremy huffed loudly in response while he took some time to think of a proper reply. He understood to a degree, but it was almost insulting. "I just want him to trust in me. Have enough faith in me to believe that I'll be fine. It just makes me feel so inferior; makes me feel like I'm not good enough or something."

The child-like mentality was often very frustrating, but it was good practice for Sebastian. He wasn't used to dealing with this type of thing, and he had a feeling he was going to have to more often. "Nah, little dude. Can't look at it that way. Ya' gotta know he doesn't mean to insult or offend ya'. Pretty sure he does have complete faith in ya', he's just... Well, James is a very selfish viscet. Very selfish and very possessive. You've basically been his since he saved your rear years ago —"

"So, putting it that way," he interrupted loudly, annoyance all too obvious in his voice, "I'm just his possession? Like a child and their doll!? That doesn't make me feel better about this. If anything, it makes me feel worse!"

Rolling his eyes, Sebastian released a tired exhale. He knew this wasn't going to be easy, but the last thing he wanted to do was make it worse.

"Ain't what I'm sayin', kid. Maybe listen to what I'm actually sayin' instead of what ya' wanna hear." His voice was tremendous when he had a reason for it. As a former Colonel in the viscet army, Sebastian wasn't afraid to pull rank on anyone, though admittedly, he did feel a little bad when Jeremy flinched away from the demanding tone.

"Look," he sighed in defeat, "I get it, I really do. I'm sorry for being difficult about it, I just get jealous sometimes I guess. I know that's probably really dumb, but that's how I feel." He didn't want to be jealous, he really didn't. It was stupid that he was practically taking the protection James gave him for granted. He was basically telling Sebastian that he didn't appreciate any of it or any of them.

"I get it too, little dude, but it's not as glorious as ya' might think. More often than not, it's just boring work. A lot of waitin' around and maybe two minutes of excitement to end the day. Alotta the associates we got don't even do their jobs, y'know? Then we gotta do double the work and deal with Jim while he's in one of his moods. Ya' see the good side of him, Jeremy. You ain't seen his terrible side; it ain't fun." He shrugged, bumping into the side of the small viscet playfully. "Besides, it makes me feel better too, know that? Makes me feel better that you're safe instead of out there with us. It's a cruel world, babe."

Jeremy felt his face flush when Sebastian mentioned his concern for his safety. He wanted to smile up at him, but he was far too bashful in that moment. "Really? You really think that?"

Sebastian nodded. "Yeah, Jeremy. I do. You know we all care about ya', right? We care about what happens to ya'." There was more he wanted to say, but these types of conversations weren't his forte. He wasn't good at showing or talking about his feelings. "If you can keep a secret, I'll take ya' with me one night, alright? Somethin' real simple though. Ain't gonna put ya' in any danger, but I can certainly give ya' a little taste."

Jeremy's eyes widened and he stared up at Sebastian with a wide grin. "Really? You're serious? You're not just pulling my leg!?" His excitement was normally contagious but Sebastian was able to keep himself collected.

"Yeah, kid. But remember it's a secret, alright? Jim would kill me if he knew."

He very nearly screeched before nodding his head rapidly. "Yeah! No, I promise! I won't tell anyone, I promise!"

Sebastian knew it was a horrible idea. He also knew that James was aware of everything that happened in his city, so keeping it a secret was barely a priority, but Jeremy didn't need to know that.

"Good." He smiled back down at him. "Just glad to see ya' happy again, babe."

personality (extra #1)

Jeremy may be smaller than the average viscet, but he certainly makes up for it with his massive personality. He's a snarky little spit fire with a heart of gold. He talks a big game, but would turn around and give a complete stranger the shirt off his back if they needed it. As charitable as he can be, Jeremy also knows how to hold a grudge. If someone does him wrong, he won't rest until they pay. The consequences are even worse if they happen to hurt anyone he cares about. Jeremy is incredibly protective of those closest to him and will do absolutely anything to keep them safe.

On the flip side of the spectrum, Jeremy suffers from a slight developmental disorder that James has connected to the trauma he went through when he lost his mother. Some days he's perfectly fine, but other days, it's almost as if he's a viscling again. Because of this issue, James has appointed Jeremy with a caretaker since he isn't always able to be there for him. Unfortunately for Gabriel, Jeremy's caretaker, he had zero idea what he was getting into. Not only is Jeremy incredibly unpredictable when it comes to his switches, he's also a massive diva ninety percent of the time. It's safe to say that peace and quiet is a thing of the past for Gabriel.

Despite all of Jeremy's flaws, the little viscet has a lot of love to give. He's impatient to find his life partner, but he's also not one to look for love where it doesn't exist; he won't force feelings for the sake of having someone. When he loves, he loves with his whole heart.

relationships (extra #2)
James: He was the first viscet Jeremy ever saw once he lost his mother, and he hasn't left him since. For a handful of years, it was only the two of them against the world. In the beginning, Jeremy treated James like a father figure, but they grew even closer than that and now they're practically brothers. He owes his life to James and will be in his debt for the rest of his life.

Sebastian: Jeremy has known the ex-Colonel for about a year and a half, and he would be lying if he said it wasn't the greatest year and a half of his life. He holds the utmost respect for the Colonel and tries his hardest to impress him everyday. The two of them share the same romantic feelings toward each other, but even with Jeremy as blunt and forward as he is, Sebastian has absolutely no idea how to be in a relationship. Until Sebastian realises his true feelings, Jeremy will continue to pine for his love and attention.

Gabriel: Gabriel was hired by James to be an accountant first and a caretaker second. Jeremy knows that he irritates the life out of his caretaker more often than not, but he's always extremely patient with him despite his irritation. The two live together, but only as roommates of course. He considers Gabriel to be one of his closest friends, the best listener he's ever met, and the most patient viscet in the entire universe.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (credit & word counts) ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
art #1: Mint Chip
art #2: me
art #3: Lines by Creative, shading and colour by me
backstory: 800/800 words
story: 987/1000
extra writing (combined): 530/600
Gabriel and Sebastian owned by milo. James owned by me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by magpiemochi. on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:15 am, edited 26 times in total.
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Vague De Bleu

Postby Parasitic Rat » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:33 am

𝚄𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 -|- 𝚆𝚘𝚕𝚏𝚎𝚗𝚑𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚛

--------------------

She chuckled like a maniac, watching a movie. The movie showed two people robbing a bank, then holding up in it.
"That looks like fun~!" She chirped to herself, and stood up. She turned and looked around, knowing that everyone already went to bed. She slowly started toward a room, a room filled with expensive items.
"A great way to start is to learn how to lock-pick." She whispered to herself, then grabbed the nearest small object. She stuck the object into the lock, and started twisting it into different ways until she heard a click. She opened the door and crept in slowly, and quietly, looking around. She grabbed anything that she could find, and anything that she could hold, before sneaking away into her room. Placing the stuff down and sliding it under her bed, she started back down to the room, until she heard a scream. Startled, and knowing that if she doesn't get out fast, she'll be busted. She ran off into her room and pretended like she was sleeping, the movie still playing, as she forgot to turn it off.

"Vague-" Her mother busted into the room, then looked at her, then the television screen.
"Mom..?" She asked, turning to face her mother.
"How many times have I told you-" She stopped, and breathed in, "Nevermind. I just came to check if you were okay."
"Why?"
"We've been robbed!" Her mother said loudly. Vague just laughed as if she was a psychopath.
"Mom, you weren't robbed," She laughed, "Not by a stranger, anyway~."
"Wha-"
"Everything's under my bed." She jumped down, and pulled everything from under her bed. "See?" She giggled. Her mother tilted her head, then looked at Vague.
"Don't scare me like that again!" She shouted. Vague just laughed some more.

299 Words
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Story
(1000 Words)

Vague opened the unlocked window, and stepped quietly into the building. She pulled her bag over her shoulder and started grabbing items, taking them and gently putting them into the bag without a noise. She's been doing this for days, weeks, even months, and she's already made it into the news. She laughed softly to herself, and continued taking anything she found valuable. Suddenly, she turned a corner, and stepped on a tripwire. An alarm blared loudly, and she yelped in fear. Holding the bag of items tightly, she ran toward the window, and jumped out, landing harshly on the ground. Lights were already turning on in the house, and in neighboring houses as she ran away. She jumped into a dumpster and buried her stuff quickly in the trash, taking note of where the alley way was. She could already hear the sirens.

She jumped off the dumpster and looked around the alley way corners. Ears pinned back, she stepped away, and back away. Each side had cop cars coming, and distant sirens rang from every end. She was cornered. Suddenly, a cop, multiple came around the corner, guns pointed. On instinct, she raised her hands.
"I don't have anything- I swear!" She shouted.
"Yea, right." One of the cops said, then started toward her. He did a quick pat down, and shook his head. Another cop went toward the dumpster to check for anything hidden. With a growl, Vague shoved her elbow into the cop behind her and ran away. Pushing through the crowd of other cops, she felt a sharp pain on the back of her head, then everything went black.

Suddenly, she woke up in a room.
"Hold this and go up to the camera, please." Someone said, shoving something in her hands. She hesitated before stepping in front, getting two pictures taken before she was taken to a jail cell. She grabbed the bars and glared at the cop, who smiled at her before walking away. With a growl, she shook the bars violently, trying to break them.
"It's not use, I've tried." Someone said, and she whipped around to face him. He just smiled, "You can try the lock, though."
"Lock..." She hummed, then turned around and grabbed a small item from the ground. She wrapped her arms around the bars and to the lock, starting to twist, turn, and try and lock-pick her way out of the situation. Suddenly, she heard a noise. Pulling open the door, she looked at her jail-mate.
"Au revoir." She smiled, then ran away, trying to find her way out.

As soon as she found her way out, there were alarms already blaring and police already out.
"Je vous souhaite tous bonne chance, mes amis." Vague laughed like a psychopath, before running away, losing the cops by going into an underground tunnel.

That was the last time she ever lost herself in her thoughts while robbing a place.

492 Words
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Extras
(2 Art, 600 Words)

M E S S Y

Personality, people wonder. Well, Vague is mostly sassy and quiet, but also mostly shy. She doesn't like physical contact, and some people think of her as a psychopath. Most of the time, though, she is nice and kind, but only to friends and family.
Vague is also passive-aggressive, sarcastic, and homosexual. She also has claustrophobia and thalassophobia. She is afraid of tight spaces and, ironically, oceans and waves. But, she does love spiders, snakes, anything expensive she can keep, and some more.

Vague does not know a lot of people except for her parents and one of her friends, Pahit. Even though Pahit and Vague have their bad times and such, they are still friends.

"And I'd say that me and my family go farther back than you think. Yea, I never see them as often anymore, and yea, my life's not what I exactly wanted it to be, but guess what? If you think life's perfect, you're living a big, total lie."
165 Words
N E A T

Last edited by Parasitic Rat on Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parasitic Rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hail. » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:44 pm

--By request this has been extended to March 3rd ^^ --

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hail. » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:28 pm

CLOSED FOR JUDGING

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hail. » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:19 pm

Alllllright!!

Congratulations to...
james.!!

Your forum was so cute and there were several parts that I couldn't help but smile and even laugh at! I love what you built for Jeremy and am very excited for his future! Congratulations!!

I would also like to award a honorable mention to Wolfenhimer ^^ You can redeem this with Mint Chip for a stub from the stub shop c:

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Parasitic Rat » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Ahh- congrats James.!
Feel free to use my art ^^

And thank you for the HM!
i hoard deer, otters, snakes, and 2016 cs birthday chickens
Parasitic Rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:19 pm

I am so freaking happy, I can't even deal right now. Thank you SO much, howling!! And thank you a million times, Wolfenhimer!! <3

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me