SCS Adopt #50: Maine Coon by Neah

Based on Click to view
Artist Neah [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

SCS Adopt #50: Maine Coon

Postby Neah » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:01 pm

This beautiful babe is our 50th adopt. It's polydactly (6 toes on each front paw, including the dew claw toe) and has an uncommon coat color.

Second Chance Shelter wrote:Second Chance Shelter is a dog and cat rescue where you can come to find a new member of your family. We rescue and rehabilitate dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes so they may have the chance to be placed into a caring home. All of our animals are special and deserve a chance to be happy with an owner that will care for them. The question is: are you ready to love them?

-----

This big maine coon baby was surrendered to us by a breeder because they didn't want to breed polydactly cats into their line as it would disqualify future offspring from shows. We were happy to take them in. This cat is very smart, and even knows a few commands, as per the breed expectation. That being said, this is a very large cat. They aren't recommended for inexperienced cat owners.

Alright! 50th adopt. I didn't think we'd make it here, but here we are.

This will be an unlimited impress me contest. You may add whatever you want. The only requirements are username, cat name, gender and collar color. Other than that have fun.

Ends:
11/26/16

Genes:

A(fc)A(fc) // mcmc // XX // EE // CC // Dd // Dmdm // ww // ss // NN // Sbsb // Ii // WbWb // ll
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SCS Adopt #50: Maine Coon

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:11 pm

Entering!

Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:54 pm

User
Spiritstar3
Name
Reius (I have fallen in love with this name, since using it for a char form a fandom)/// Rei
Collar color
Green and tan
Extras

Relationships (He has not yet met Shion or his pups, or the human family)

Hiro
is his best dog friend, and the greatest ally he could ever ask for. He was once threatened by a stray alley cat, while they were outside, and the dog barked and scared him off for Rei. Also, as Hiro is just a big old cuddle bunny, the two like to snuggle together on the colder nights, or lounge about near each other in summer, when it is too hot to do so. They sometimes even play tug (Hiro seems to let Rei win), and Hiro even learned how to toss the ball away for Rei to fetch.

Merlin
...Well, this one is a hard one to describe actually, so we might have to get back to you on this one.

Carlita
, ooo, Carlita. Well, Rei thinks she is quite a lovely she cat, and honestly seems to have possibly had his heart stolen by her. He is often seen watching her as she lays and basks in the sun of a windowsill, or trying to entice her to play with he and Hiro. Yup, it can be said that he really wants to be her friend, or possibly something more...

Things he can do
Play tug
Fetch a ball
Swim, he really likes the water and the extra toe(s) actually seem to help with this
Alert them to the mail, before the postman actually puts it in the box
Fetch slippers
Catch treats (don't throw them too high)

"Likes"

Fish
Soft treats
Carlita
Hiro
Sun bathing
Cuddles
Playing
Fetching
Water

"Dislikes"

Loud kids
Guns
Car backfiring
Fire...Yup, fire
Lettuce (XP Duh)
Carrots, but he will eat tiny bits of squash
Being left alone
The vet (Though she's very nice)

Story

The beautiful big Maine Coon tilted his head as he watched the workers again going about their day, and he wondered if today he'd again be ignored by the humans that came in and out of this place, people he knew were looking for a cat or dog of their own, whether they already had one or not. They usually either completely ignored him, or came to take a look at him and then decided he was too big or that the extra toe(s) was (were) a turn off. Shaking his fur out, he lounged on the little bed in the corner, then flicked his forward as he heard the door open again, and he was surprised when he heard steps heading for the room he was in, a room called the cat or free roam room. He opened his eyes to see a family of four come in, a man and woman with their older daughter and younger son, and when he noticed they smelled of another cat and a dog or two he bounced up onto his paws, intent to investigate them. The boy, younger of the two, giggled a bit as he saw the cat.

The big fluffy baby mewed as he stepped carefully towards the boy, deciding on figuring out whether he was friend or foe first, and upon coming close he found the boy petting him, and found he quite liked it. Purring, he closed his eyes and rubbed back against the gentle fingers which caressed his cheeks and head. After the initial purring, a soft inquisitive mew found its way out of him and he looked at the other humans, until they too approached him, each one by one. Shaking his fur out after each pet him for a minute, he then seemed to have decided on his own that they were meant for him, as he tried to follow them from the room but they made him stay back. They went to the staff, to inquire about the cat, and soon enough they had approval and they decided to ask about dogs and such. It was a good question, and the cat was taken to an extra room where one of the gentle dogs was brought in, on leash, and the cat ignored her. With that done, they gave a donation and took their kitty home.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Serenity
Good night, sweet Braveheart, we will miss you and never forget you. Fri. Apr. 8 2016
Julius went missing September 19 2022, assumed to have passed away.
My sweet angel, Storm, you were a birthday gift to me. Now, you return to heaven today- October 16 (2023)
-Canines, Cats, Horses, Tolters, SCS babs, Rukami, RWBW, Sprigons, Teacats
You are eternally screwed once Castiel turns his big blue puppy eyes on you...

Furtopia

Name: Darkness
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sharkie. » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:19 pm

Marking this!
hang in there while i redo my sig
Sharkie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:47 am

Username:
Isabella45
Cat Name:
Griffon (Griff)
Name Meaning:
The name Griff means fierce, and since it is derived from the gryphon of Greek mythology that became his full name.
Collar Color:
Light Green
Personality:
Griffon is a feisty cat with lots of personality. He can be a bit (maybe more than a bit) grumpy, but mostly it just makes us laugh. He has some almost dog like habits, such as tearing apart our slippers and burying things. Being big Griff can be a bit intimidating. He never hesitates to show any cat, or dog, who is in charge. He will be very aggressive in defending his belongings and territory. He is not much of a cuddle bug, but sometimes on rare occasion he will have a cuddly moment. He is very possessive pf his things and not likely to share with anyone, man or beast. While he is a very big cat he seems to think he is even bigger than he actually is! He is not terribly friendly, but if he warms up to you he can be.
Relationship(s):
Griff is a companion of sorts to Hope. The two aren't exactly friends, or enemies. Hope, being the patient sort, puts up with him, and Griff, being persistent and a bit entitled, makes her notice him however he can. He doesn't usually seek the company of other animals, actually he tries to discourage it, but it would seem that Hope's ignoring him bothers him more than her company.

Oberon is not a very big dog. he is also very sweet tempered and fairly laid back. Because of this Griff likes to push him around a bit. Griff is definitely the leader and the 'alpha' dog, er, cat. Griff seems to like his supremacy.
Last edited by -Isabella- on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:08 am

Someone slips you an adoption paper, a wiggly doberman bouncing behind them; unleashed ?... Well.
    The paper is folded extremely accurately and neatly down the middle and you open it with care. Oh.

"hi i work for this agency and ive owned a cat maybe twice but i like this coon thanks, names dave."

this might be a reserve,, gonna use the name birdy
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Almond Bark » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:30 pm

•••
Username; Pasta.
Name; Moby
Gender; Male
Collar; A swampy green with small leaves.
•••
Backstory; At the point when Moby was born, he was born marginally bigger than his kin. At the point when the breeder assessed him once he got bigger, he was by all accounts concentrated on his feet. Moby could guess by the expression on his face that he wasn't impressed. Was he not wanted? What wasn't right with him? The raiser adored his pelt however the thing that goaded him was Moby's paws. The moment the breeder set him down he gazed at his paws. He didn't appear to notice anything, however much to his dismay, he was polydactyl. It was just two or after three weeks when Moby didn't have to drink his milk any longer. Moby was learning tricks and hopping around with his siblings when the raiser murmured "You're coming with me" At first Moby was confounded on what was occurring and screeched, needing to return to what he was doing. He was put into a kennel in the back seat of the truck. Moby had a major fit, however settled down in the wake of putting all his vitality into attempting to get the confine open. He constrained himself to rest amid the uneven ride. Who knew a feline at such youthful age could rest through that? He woke up to smooth hands lifting him up out of the small space. "Whats his name?" The vet inquired. "Moby.." Moby was taken in joyfully in the wake of taking his shots and having tests. Moby's neighbors, the two felines alongside his enclosure were really cool with him. As Moby developed, he resembled a leader to them. What encouraged them to make him leader was his substantial size. The staff appeared to notice it to and he moved confines. He moved cages twice before his enclosure was the right size. Moby soon grew older and as a result of his quiet, and manageable identity, the staff chose to acquaint him with a couple of new companions. Moby cherished canines and he met three that were his top pick. He regularly invested energy with the three. Moby quickly learned their names; Akiro, Milo, and Tucker. He immediately learned Akiro and Milo in light of their vivacious and uproarious identity. Tucker... Well he was adoring and nosey, yet modest. Tucker never met such a vast feline and was terrified to approach. Moby constantly attempted to approach Tucker and they soon became friends. They often played a game of "who can jump higher?" Akiro and Milo soon left as a twosome. Moby was pitiful to see them both go. Later Tucker was taken to. Moby felt awful.. Is it to say that he was the one to push them away? After several weeks, while playing with his two feline companions he met to start with, he was taken out. Moby was taken to a space where he met a kind individual. They played around for 5 minutes or so before she left and Moby was taken back to his enclosure. Moby was confused at first, so it resembled an astonish to him. After several weeks he saw a similar individual and this time she didn't play with him, however a collar was put on him and the woman took him. He got the opportunity to say bye to his companions, then he left with the human. When they both returned home Moby thought every one of his friends were gone until the end of time. In any case, the minute he entered the home there was a progression of barks. Moby was unnerved yet when he saw three well known confronts he ran towards them. Each of them three, Akiro, Milo, and Tucker, in the same home! Moby couldn't accept what he saw however it was all valid, it wasn't a fantasy.
•••
Relationships;

AKIRO
Akiro's the big brother of Milo. Excluding the fact of how loud and childish he is, you can depend on him. Just like stated in the last sentence, Akiro is loud. whenever Milo starts barking (or atleast trying to sing) Akiro has to join in, no exceptions. The two will bark until they're told to calm down. Into the relationship with Akiro and Moby. Akiro met Moby when strangely, a carer put him in a yard with Moby. Akiro was first to approach and Moby was first to run. Moby was scared at first, but it was much better when Moby approached first. Moby was soon comfortable with Akiro and they both played together like siblings.

MILO
Milo is the younger brother of Akiro. Milo had an infected eye which got removed, leaving him with one eye. Milo doesn't have the best eyesight now, often bumping into Moby and falling while playing with Moby and Akiro. Milo is loud like Akiro, but also has a really wild side. Heh, you dont know.. Milo has a very strong connection with Moby. Even though he always bumps into Moby, they still play around. Milo sometimes gets a bit crazy... but Moby can handle it. Sometimes Moby warns Akiro, when hes doing too much. Milo tried teaching Moby how to swim, but Milo just doesn't understand that Moby already knows how to swim. Milo still hasn't given up yet.

TUCKER
Now for Tucker... Tucker is a big, gentle, giant. Hes a shy, sweet dog who thinks he's a lap dog. Tucker is extremely shy, making him hard to approach. Now, when Moby approached because Tucker obviously wouldn't take the chance, Tucker just ran off, tail between legs. Moby kept trying to approach, day by day but Tucker just curled up and scurried off whenever Moby approached. Moby didn't give up and after a week or so, Tucker finally stood up. He lowered his head to his level and sniffed Moby. After taking in his scent, he realized how Moby wasn't a threat at all. After that, Tucker and Moby played together often. Tucker tried not to play roughly because of his size, but he couldn't resist letting out all that energy and playfulness deep inside him. Tucker befriened Moby and were the perfect two, cat and dog.

Last edited by Almond Bark on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Almond Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby womp womp » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:56 am

Username:
Diamond Sapphire

Name:
Wish-She has a name for very formal occasions(Wish Upon A Star)

Collar Colour:
The base colour is red but it has thick yellow stripes and a few things attached to it, like a fish trinket, a little star and a few fake leaves.
(Simple description-Red & yellow)

Personality:
Wish is usually very shy and timid. She's always very nervous around strangers or anyone she doesn't know well. She'll always dash behind the nearest object and hope that the stranger won't come her way. If they do, Wish will attempt to dart past them and slide under the couch, where she'll be crouched up under it, at the very back so it'll be hard to get her. Though she changes when she's with someone she knows well and can trust. Wish will go up to them and rub herself against their leg and purr for attention, and will just want to lay on their lap, and eventually fall asleep at their gentle, soft strokes. Wish is obedient and makes a good companion if you train her well. She's very smart, but sometimes she doesn't use her intelligence to the max potential. She doesn't mind doing tricks but if you tell her to do them a lot, she'll get confused by all the commands coming at her and just walk away. Wish is pretty friendly to other pets and animals, and gets along with them well, but she can be a bit scared of animals that are a even the tiniest bit bigger than her and will try to avoid them as much as possible. Though meeting a new pet or animal at first she's very reluctant to greet them and usually just tries to flee from them, and hide, but if she gets used to them being around she'll come out of her shell and try to get along with them. If it doesn't go well Wish will avoid them for a long period of time. Very, very long.

Favourite Thing To Do:
Wish's favourite thing to do is play with her favourite toy, a stuffed bunny toy. The bunny is getting lighter and lighter because of all the stuffing coming out. One time Wish played with it and she accidentally teared a hole in it, making some of the stuffing come out. Every time people try to get her a new toy, she refuses to take it and starts to continuously play with her favourite toy again. She loves to nibble on its ear and play tug of war with it, but she doesn't tug on it too hard, so she mostly loses, but she doesn't understand how to lose so it doesn't really bother her. She just wants to play with her toy.

A Little Story:
Wish was sleeping quietly in the comfort of her little bed. It was really soft and warm, and she loved to snooze in it a lot. It was just about midnight and everyone was asleep. Until... BOOM! A loud, heavy sound came from outside. It awoke Wish, and she immediately sprung up, afraid of the terrifying noise. Wish started to relax a little, but she was still frightened by the sudden sound. She started to meow loudly, trying to get the attention of anyone, but no one awoke. She started to creep out of the room, and found the nearest window. She looked outside but all she could see was rain falling from the sky. Another loud boom came suddenly, followed by a clash of lightning. Wish jumped and dashed away, going back to her bed. Instead of going on it she went under it. She kept trembling and glanced around the place, alert for any signs of another loud sound. "Wish?" A voice asked. Wish quickly turned and saw a large, tan dog. Wish mewed something in fear, too quiet to be heard. "It's just lightning, nothing to worry about." She quickly recognized the dog. It was Aki, Wish's somewhat friend that she met a few days ago. Wish nodded, confused what "lightning" was. Wish started to come out from under her bed and laid on top of it. It's lightning, nothing to worry about... It kept on repeating in her head as she started to close her eyes. And really, it wasn't anything to worry about. The next day, the storm stopped and Wish
didn't have to worry, one little bit.

Relationships:
Aki-Sorta a friend of Wish. Since Wish is fairly afraid of animals bigger than her she doesn't talk to
him that much, but he's still a pretty good friend. He's friendly, kind and brave, also he can be a pretty big goofball at times.

Art:
Click!
More art below!

Digital Drawing of her c:~-~A quick sketch of her and Aki~-~Lil' doodle

Last edited by womp womp on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 12 times in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainfallish » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:16 am

Username;;
Just A Rainy Day.
Name;;
Mungojerrie.
Gender;;
Male.
Collar Color;;
Black collar with a few silver studs, all at least two centimeters high.
Personality;;
He seems to be a bit of a gentle giant, always wanting hugs and flopping onto your face when resting, although he may seem to be gentle, he is really quite a trouble maker, staring at you and even when you say not to knock off that pot with your paw, he still will, as well as using his size to take over food when there is more than one bowl of food.
little tricks;;
he seems to like to attack new things in his cage, when a new mouse toy was put in, he circled it somehow and attacked it, making fly everywhere, he also likes to bat the falling leaves and will try to bat all the leaves... Even if its impossible to do so.
favourite food//toy;;
he loves Tuna // his mouse toy.
Rainfallish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sockwearer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:54 am

Username; potioncat
Name; Marmalade
Gender; Female
Collar; Blue
Personality; Shy, curious, nice
Background; She was just an alley kitten, mother dead, no siblings, no one. She barely survived and, luckily, was taken by SCS so she had the chance to be adopted
Favorite food; Blood oranges (who knows why XD)
Favorite drink; Iced water
WIP..?
hi!! i'm jesse and i go by he/him pronouns! i love overwatch, marine biology, paleontology, drawing, writing, listening to music and playing video games so i guess pm me if you wanna talk about those things? i have anxiety so i can be awkward in pms but don't let that deter you!
my art shop! / my offsite commissions!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me