~❊~ #66 Midnight Stallions ~❊~ by Cavy's Girl

Based on Click to view
Artist Cavy's Girl [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

~❊~ #66 Midnight Stallions ~❊~

Postby Cavy's Girl » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:41 pm

For this fancy lad, you must give him a name based on a folklore or myth, it can be from any culture!
Ends in 5 days, June 6th.

Rarity: Rare
Genetics: Champagne Pearl Leopard Appaloosa - Ee/Aa/prlprl/CHCH/pP/LpLp

I.C. wrote:username: I.C.
name: tisayac
show name: yosemite's guardian
height: 17.2hh/68.8in
halter: boop

short personality:
tisayac is a quiet and well-mannered steed, who has shown himself to be very intelligent and very receptive to training. he is gentle with his riders, and often can be found holding his head high and prancing about for fun, as if very much aware of how beautiful and unusual his coat is. he likes water, and will occasionally become playful after a rain, prancing about in the puddles with glee. because of his responsiveness, he has learned what is known as the rocky mountain "bow," in which a horse is taught to give a polite bow by lowering their head and getting on their front knees after a competition.

folklore/myth:
tisayac's name originates from the native american myth known as the "guardian of yosemite," a story about a shy and gentle spirit who watches over a valley in yosemite where a native tribe lives. in the tale, tisayac falls in love with the chief of this tribe, a brave and kind ruler who is wise and strong, offering his people the best protection and advice. under his leadership, the valley is filled with life, and all things are good. tisayac follows the chieftain for a very long time, until one day the man notices her, and calls out to her, feeling a deep love for her upon seeing the spirit's enchanting and ethereal form. at this, tisayac is shocked and, unable to process the event or speak to him in return, flees from the valley. the chief, named tutokanula, leaves the valley in search of her, and, without his guidance and wisdom, the valley withers and all those who reside in it perish. tisayac returns to yosemite and weeps when she sees what has become of tutokanula's people, and prays to the great spirit to undo the tragedy. the great spirit agrees, but only if tutokanula agrees to build a statue of himself in the valley so that his people will always remember his wisdom. he does so, and once again the valley is filled with life. however, the great chieftain's life was sapped by the effort that he put into the statue, and he uses the last of his strength to drag himself to the great waterfalls where tisayac resides. seeing him in such a weak and anguished state, tisayac calls out to him from the water, and he throws himself into her arms before passing away. their spirits then become one, and, as a whole being, they forever watch over yosemite as its loyal and loving guardian. i briefly contemplated using tutokanula as this horse's name, but the more feminine and mystical name "tisayac" sounded more suiting.
Last edited by Cavy's Girl on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage
---I am married---I have a 3yr old son---I live in the US---
---I need pets and items from my wishlist only---
---I will do some art for pets on my wishlist (PM me)---
ImageImageImageImageImage
【Reading:】A Mɪᴅsᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ Nɪɢʜᴛ's Dʀᴇᴀᴍ, ᴘɢ. ? 〖Watching:〗Aᴋᴀᴍᴇ Gᴀ Kɪʟʟ!, ᴇᴘ. 17
『Doing:』I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ! >.<
ImageImageImage
Cavy's Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~❊~ #66 Midnight Stallions ~❊~

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:59 pm

Username: DarkestWerewolf
Name: Xu Xian
Show Name: Forbidden Love
Height: 17.2hh
Halter: White with scales
Short Personality:
Xu Xian, unlike the how he is sometimes portrayed as a traitor in the folklore, is actually very generous and a genuine stallion. He loves to be around the company of others and holds the trust of his comrades near and dear as he values trust and honesty a lot.
Folklore/Myth:
It's a famous Chinese folklore called Madame White Snake.
Madame White Snake, a classical transformation myth, is the story of a powerful white snake demon who transforms into a beautiful woman with the name Bai Suzhen so as to experience love. She meets her true love, Xu Xian, at the Broken Bridge on the West Lake in Hangzhou and marries him. So widely celebrated is their love that a curious Abbot investigates. He sees right through her human form to the snake. When the Abbot learns that Madame White Snake is pregnant, he is horrified by what he considers a violation of all of the traditional taboos of race and religion, the divine and the profane. He decides to intervene and he confronts her husband. Not surprisingly, disaster strikes. Madame White Snake is betrayed by her husband and in the moment of betrayal, she is tragically transformed back into a snake.

In its long journey through the centuries, this simple myth has become an icon in the hearts and minds of the Chinese people. The deadly white snake demon gives up her immortal existence to assume human form in the pursuit of the most human of all emotions – love. She holds love dearly for one moment; and then love is lost forever. A powerful metaphor for each individual’s struggle to dream, the myth has spoken deeply to all who have dared to dream. The question of what it means to be truly human is always timely and each generation answers this question in its own voice.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby persay » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:35 pm

Username: Wolfy858
Name: Cerburese
Show Name: Three hearted deamon
Halter: anything please!(may be leatherish?)
Short Personality: shy-kind-friendly-down to earth-brave-loyal
Folklore/Myth:Cerburese, the threee headed hound of the under word!
he/him
LIVE right now join me
my da
part of the gucci gremlin gang, I am the gucci ofc
gremlin soft
gremlin gurt
gremlin liz
gremlin feather
persay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WatermelonBear » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:59 pm

Username: Berani Lily Deeks
Name: Kangaroo or Roo for short
Show Name: No Riding Roos to Schools
Halter: Orange/Red
Short Personality: Roo is a lively bubbly personality. He likes show jumping. He has kicked a few people when he was in his grumpy mood.
Folklore/Myth: Hehehehe *Rubs hands together* well for this guy I did the myth about Australians Riding Kangaroos to school. I'm not sure how popular it is outside of Australia but here its a daily joke. I'm pretty sure you were looking for Greek like Myths but I wanted to think outside the box. :D

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Toyhou.se | Polizeihunde's | The NPHA | Deviant Art
Almost never on CS anymore, You can find me on DA :3
Artist Credits
WatermelonBear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 䏠xote » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:48 pm

username: I.C.

short personality:
tisayac is a quiet and well-mannered steed, who has shown himself to be very intelligent and very receptive to training. he is gentle with his riders, and often can be found holding his head high and prancing about for fun, as if very much aware of how beautiful and unusual his coat is. he likes water, and will occasionally become playful after a rain, prancing about in the puddles with glee. because of his responsiveness, he has learned what is known as the rocky mountain "bow," in which a horse is taught to give a polite bow by lowering their head and getting on their front knees after a competition.

folklore/myth:
tisayac's name originates from the native american myth known as the "guardian of yosemite," a story about a shy and gentle spirit who watches over a valley in yosemite where a native tribe lives. in the tale, tisayac falls in love with the chief of this tribe, a brave and kind ruler who is wise and strong, offering his people the best protection and advice. under his leadership, the valley is filled with life, and all things are good. tisayac follows the chieftain for a very long time, until one day the man notices her, and calls out to her, feeling a deep love for her upon seeing the spirit's enchanting and ethereal form. at this, tisayac is shocked and, unable to process the event or speak to him in return, flees from the valley. the chief, named tutokanula, leaves the valley in search of her, and, without his guidance and wisdom, the valley withers and all those who reside in it perish. tisayac returns to yosemite and weeps when she sees what has become of tutokanula's people, and prays to the great spirit to undo the tragedy. the great spirit agrees, but only if tutokanula agrees to build a statue of himself in the valley so that his people will always remember his wisdom. he does so, and once again the valley is filled with life. however, the great chieftain's life was sapped by the effort that he put into the statue, and he uses the last of his strength to drag himself to the great waterfalls where tisayac resides. seeing him in such a weak and anguished state, tisayac calls out to him from the water, and he throws himself into her arms before passing away. their spirits then become one, and, as a whole being, they forever watch over yosemite as its loyal and loving guardian. i briefly contemplated using tutokanula as this horse's name, but the more feminine and mystical name "tisayac" sounded more suiting.
䏠xote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:04 am

Username: tomijojo
Name: Huldu
Show Name: unmistaken
Halter: a leather one
Short Personality: sneaky and smart, somehow he always seems to beable to fit through spots where you wouldnt think he can fit through, very playful and loves to play chase pretty much ( he loves running away from u lol :) )
Folklore/Myth: below is the link to an Icelandic folklore- it's about little elves called Hulfufolk
http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-le ... and-005870
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 䏠xote » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:45 am

Tomijojo wrote:Username: tomijojo
Name: Huldu
Show Name: unmistaken
Halter: a leather one
Short Personality: sneaky and smart, somehow he always seems to beable to fit through spots where you wouldnt think he can fit through, very playful and loves to play chase pretty much ( he loves running away from u lol :) )
Folklore/Myth: below is the link to an Icelandic folklore- it's about little elves called Hulfufolk
http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-le ... and-005870

i believe this adoption was closed on the 6th. c:
䏠xote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Cavy's Girl » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:35 am

I.C. wrote:
username: I.C.

short personality:

folklore/myth:

Sorry I was stuck between 2 names, Congrats!
Image ImageImage
---I am married---I have a 3yr old son---I live in the US---
---I need pets and items from my wishlist only---
---I will do some art for pets on my wishlist (PM me)---
ImageImageImageImageImage
【Reading:】A Mɪᴅsᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ Nɪɢʜᴛ's Dʀᴇᴀᴍ, ᴘɢ. ? 〖Watching:〗Aᴋᴀᴍᴇ Gᴀ Kɪʟʟ!, ᴇᴘ. 17
『Doing:』I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ! >.<
ImageImageImage
Cavy's Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist