Re: Visect #612 - UFA

Postby M1STAKES » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:49 am

Username;; Ezilyn
Name;; Rana
Gender;; Male
Charm;; Makini Mask Charm
Charm explanation;; A traditional Hawai'ian warriors mask charm, made of gourds and feathers, these warriors would sail out into the ocean to protect their chieftain. Often symbolizes a strong bodied person with high purpose.
Gif;;
M1STAKES

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby finifugal ✨ » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:05 pm

don't wanna live as an UNTOLD STORY...

Username;; IheartNightWings
Name;; Hiraeth
Gender;; Male
Charm;; Hiraeth's charm he wears upon his tail has, in theory, a simple pattern, however the simple pattern is not alone on the small metal plate. To begin with, the charm in question rather small in size, and made from sterling silver. The base pattern is a silver circle with a black 'X' running through it, and running over top of the X is a crow. The trinket is all made of silver, the black parts being painted, and is typically kept shiny, as Hiraeth will polish it once a week or so.

Charm explanation;; Now, the story and meaning behind this charm and the reason of him possessing it is quite interesting. First of all, although the charm itself only dates back a few years, the image inscribed onto it is hundreds of years old. It is an old coat of arms belonging to Hiraeth's family. The black and white background represents resistance to discord and calamity, and being steadfast and wise in the face of grief, while the crow symbolizes a permanent settlement and a quiet life.

The charm was given to Hiraeth by his parents as a birthday gift, and ever since then, he's kept it on him always. Hiraeth is a rather superstitious viscet, and as such he believes that so long as he wears the charm, he will be protected, and will have a good future in store for him. He is a bit afraid to take it off, as he's worn it for so long now, and as such he wears it all the time. It used to rest snugly around his neck until it dangled too low, tripping him up and almost snapping the cord. Ever since then, he has taken to tying the charm around his tail to keep it safe. He often fiddles with it when he's nervous, untying it from his tail and running his paws over the smooth metal.

He keeps the charm on because not only because it was a gift and he believes it will protect him, but also because it gives him hope and excitement for his future. In fact, this is probably the most important reason behind him wearing his charm. When he was younger, Hiraeth was first introduced to the idea of a medieval world, one of the distant past, that was full of Kings, Princesses, Knights, and dragons. He didn't truly entertain the idea until a few years later in his life, when he was told that his family were the descendants of those ancient Kings and Knights. Suddenly, those boring old stories seemed much more interesting to Hiraeth, and his parents noticed that. For his next birthday, they gifted him his charm, with the family coat of arms on it, delighting in his excitement over the gift. That day was the day he decided for sure what he wanted to be when he grew up- a knight.

The Frog;; "In Egypt we see the Frog-headed Heket who is an Egyptian goddess of birth(ing)."
Now, this passage only partially applies to Hiraeth. Being male, he cannot exactly give birth, but, not only is Heket the goddess of birthing, she was also the goddess of birth/life. This goes along fairly well with Hiraeth's view of himself, as he can be rather stuck-up and full-of-himself at times. Although he would never really consider himself the master of life itself, the viscet does enjoy pretending to determine others' fates, especially if those others are insects. He will frequently practice his sword-play with branches, and insects as his opponents. Hiraeth always wins these battles, and holds the life of the insect in his paws. He is the master of their fate, and this is as close to a god as Hiraeth will ever get.
"As a Celtic symbol meaning, the Frog was deemed lord over all the earth, and the Celts believed it represented curative or healing powers because of its connection with water and cleansing rains."
Now, this line ties in much better with Hiraeth than the previous, as Hiraeth dreams of becoming famous and powerful one day. He wishes to become the most well-known knight of all time, for his name to be passed down in stories from generation to generation, and to be remembered in history books for years to come. The definition of lord is 'someone or something having power, authority, or influence', which fits his desires quite well. Now, although Hiraeth knows little to nothing about healing, he does enjoy swimming every now and then, although he wouldn't exactly call it a habit.
"More Western and European views focus on the Frog's three stages of development (egg, tadpole, fully formed amphibian) to symbolize resurrection and spiritual evolution. For these same reasons it is also a common Christian symbol for the holy trinity and resurrection. It is often seen in Christian art to express this symbolism."
Hiraeth is not overly spiritual for the most part, although he does consider himself to be Christian. He doesn't often show his religion, although it's still there. He doesn't follow any religious practices or walk around proclaiming his religion, so it's easy to see how others wouldn't know what his religion was. He isn't often asked that question, and as such, it isn't really common knowledge that Hiraeth is Christian.
"In China the Frog is an emblem of Yin energy and thought of as good luck. Feng Shui practices recommend putting an image of a Frog in the east window of your home to encourage child birth and/or happy family life."
Hiraeth isn't exactly lucky, but he certainly isn't unlucky at all. He is superstitious, believing in the supernatural as well as having a firm belief in luck, and he won't go out of his way to bring himself extra luck, but if along the way he has a chance to earn himself some luck, he will most certainly take it. Now, although Hiraeth has no children or mate, he still has a strong, happy family life. He is an only child, and absolutely loves his parents to death. As far back as he can remember, they have been there, supporting his interests and encouraging him to go places in life. Hiraeth''s childhood was one of happy memories, and he still visits his family as often as he can to revisit those good memories.
"Frog energy is also considered to be a link between the living and the dead. An interesting ancient Asian custom was to place a jade frog in the mouth of the deceased to insure his/her spirit would pass safely into the spirit world. This custom was believed to allow the spirit of the deceased to speak more clearly to loved ones still living. "
Being the superstitious viscet is, Hiraeth believes in ghosts, although he doesn't believe in speaking to the dead unless you yourself are dead as well. He hasn't experienced much death in his life yet, but one day he will have to face up to the enemy that can never be defeated, and he will learn full-well that you can't escape your fate. Hiraeth does not believe in burying the dead with their worldly possessions or leaving them with items to help guide them to the afterlife.
"Frogs are also good luck symbols in Japan - especially for travelers. Images or charms were worn during long voyages to assure safety (particularly across water)."
Hiraeth does not have any images or charms with a frog on it, unfortunately, although he does have something else-himself. Indeed, Hiraeth considers his pelt to hold a little bit of luck in it, simply because he has the colorings of a tree frog. If frogs symbolize luckiness and safeness on journeys, then Hiraeth believes himself to be covered on that matter.
"I have a friend, Albert who lives in Japan. He shared further Japanese wisdom animal symbolism of the frog. The Japanese word for frog is "kaeru." It is the same word meaning "return." So travelers carry a small frog amulet with the intent of returning safely home."
Now, Hiraeth always intends to return safely home, even if he sometimes is unsure of where that home is. Yes, he has a home with his family, but sometimes that home doesn't satisfy his ache. Hiraeth longs for a place which he knows not, somewhere far beyond any place he has managed to travel so far, a place where he believes he will fully belong. Hiraeth knows little about this place, except that he has a yearning for it beyond his wildest imagination. One day, after becoming a famous knight, he intends to go after this place and find it once and for all, hoping to share it with his family and friends.
"Further, small pebble-sized frog amulets are carried in their wallets so money will not be lost."
Hiraeth has his small pouch carries around occasionally, and although he has no frog amulet, he has managed not to lose anything stored within it yet. Pure chance, or possibly a bit of frog luck?
"Ancient Hindus viewed the animal symbolism of frogs on a more cosmic levels, as they believe Frogs projected the world into orbit in space, and the frog was also thought to signify darkness. "
Hiraeth has never been that interested in space, although any pictures he has seen of galaxies and nebulae tend to leave him awestruck for a few moments. He was once able to witness a meteor shower, and it totally wowed him that such splendid and fantastic sights exist. Hiraeth may prefer daytime for traveling, but nighttime is the time to practice stealth movements, something that he finds quite fun, as well as useful.

Summary of Symbolic Meaning of the Frog

Luck
Purity
Rebirth
Renewal
Fertility
Healing
Transitions
Dreaming
Opportunity
Intermediary
Metamorphosis

Areas the Frog Can Help in Our Lives

You need to easily swim through some tough life-transitions
You need a little assurance while traveling
You are working to enhance your intuition, and strengthen your connection with the spirit world"

information found at this website!

Now, many of these qualities belong to Hiraeth, although there are some extras, and some areas where he is lacking. Hiraeth is a bit lucky, although he'll need all the help he can get if he wants to really become a knight. So far, he hasn't had any luck with coming upon any princesses kidnapped by dragons, but he still retains hope. He is good at dealing with transitions, as he has spent countless days traveling as far as he can go, and changing scenery all of the time. He has met plenty of interesting characters on his quest to become a knight, and has had to leave all of them behind, unfortunately. The viscet is, of course, always the dreamer. He imagines himself becoming a real knight, and going off on quests to slay dragons and ogres. He falls asleep every night to these fanciful thoughts, and he would be lying if he said he had never dreamed of falling in love with a princess after saving her. The farther he gets on this journey, the more and more HIraeth is changing and growing, whether it be for better or for worse.

Interesting Facts;;
Hiraeth is right-handed.
Hiraeth has always wanted a pet, but never had to time or ability to manage one.
His favorite color is royal blue.
In his free time, he loves to play video games, and show off his childish side.
His most cherished possession, besides his charm, is a small leather bag he found as young child. Hiraeth has kept many of his little treasures in there at some point, before finding a better spot for them. He doesn't carry around the bag as often as he used to, but when he does, you can expect to find some pretty coloured rock or old coin in there.
Hiraeth only drinks water.
The viscet is absolutely terrified of spiders, although he doesn't mind most other bugs. He is also afraid of ghosts.
Hiraeth is quite clumsy and accident-prone- he has broken his right foreleg twice, his left hind leg once, his jaw once, many toes, and has sprained just about everything that is possible to sprain.
When he was in his young teenage years, Hiraeth made himself a fake suit of armor cut out of cardboard. He ran around in it for a full week, and it has now become an embarrassing story his parents tell any friends that ever come over.
Hiraeth knows no languages other than English, and has an American accent, although when he is alone, he likes to pretend he has an Old-English accent.
He's secretly a huge dork shhh.
He doesn't have many he would consider true friends, despite his friendly nature, and those he is friends with, Hiraeth is extremely protective over them.
His favorite movie is Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and his favorite television show is Merlin, although he rarely has any chance to watch either of these.

Personality Traits;;
Chivalrous, Passionate, Tough, Friendly, Lonely, Prideful, Talkative, Excitable, Dedicated, Focused, Formal, Empty, Amiable, Honorable, Imaginitave, Loyal, Confident, Curious, Decent, Brittle, Spontaneous

rather go out in a BLAZE OF GLORY!

i'd just like to say that this viscet is absolutely gorgeous, and congratulations to whomever ends up winning 'em. i had good fun working on this form and brainstorming over the charm, and if i don't win the viscet, it was still worth it! it has also given me some pretty interesting ideas for some other characters of mine, which will hopefully be super cool! i would be honored if this guy were to be my second viscet, although it would be cool to see 'em go to someone else as well! <3 ovo
frog pixel art credited to Mooniewitch on da!
Last edited by finifugal ✨ on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 12 times in total.

━━━━━━━━━━
heyo, i'm fin! i an currently on an indefinite hiatus, though one day I hope to find my way back. if you ever find yourself needing me, you can send me a pm, though a response might take awhile. i’ll try to pop in every now and then when i’m able!

finifugal ✨

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zira. » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:04 am

RES
Zira.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:06 am

2 day warning! :)
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gp5 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:24 am

Username;; MagicRatDog
Name;; River
Gender;; Female
Charm;; A compass
Charm explanation;; River is a massive adventurer. She does things for the thrill of it, especially exploring deep jungles and camping for 2 weeks in a cave. She has no fears, and claims she could fight a lion bare-pawed. Shes alot like a tomboy, not worried about getting dirty. River is a little cocky in the things she does, but other-wise she is a great viscet. The compass is used for.. well, not getting lost. Although she hates to admit it, she does need it. Something that company's her compass is her Accent. (She sounds like this as well. c:)
Gif;;
gp5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:28 am

One day warning! This will close for judging tomorrow at turn over for judging! :)
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Raphael || The Actor

Postby _Alex_ » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Username;;
_Alex
Name;;
Raphael
Gender;;
Male
Charm;;
Obsidian Arrowhead
Charm explanation;;
There are several reasons behind why Raphael carries an obsidian
arrowhead on a string around his tail. The first, is that he simply
loves everything about obsidian. The shiny, inky, black surface that
is blinding in the sun when polished. How it cuts through skin and
bone easier and cleaner than even the best steel blade. That it is
called nature's glass, and is formed by lightning and volcanoes alike.
The way it was used by his ancestors for centuries before him. He
just really loves obsidian. The second reason is more personal. He
carries his beloved stone around as an arrowhead to represent his
ancestors. Born and raised in the amazonian jungle, his ancestors
lived alongside the Maya for countless years. At least until the
white men attacked. Apart of The Pack originally, his ancestors
were apart of the sect that chose to fight against the white
men. They fought bravely, his bloodline especially, with their
obsidian arrows. And thus, the arrowhead. The third reason is
related very closely to the second. The natives of the jungle are
well known for covering the tips of their arrows with the poison
of the dart frogs that live high in the trees. Despite resembling
the non-poisonous red eyed tree frog in his markings, he does
posses the weakest of poisons. Located in the small space behind
and under his claws, are poison glands. The poison is so weak
however, that the most it does is cause pain to those he scratches.
So, he carries an arrow to represent the poison he carries and that
often coats similar arrowheads.

Gif;;
Occupation;;
Raphael is a thespian. An actor. He loves to take on the mask of
another and live life in their shoes for a bit. And the more info he
has on his character, the better his performance. He loves the little
details. His characters favorite food, disliked color, how much his
character likes rain, all are things he adores to know. As one of the
best actors to come out of Brazil in recent years, he has his pick of
movies to star in. And he loves that. One year he's working on the
greatest action movie of the century and the next he's the lead in a
cheesy romantic comedy. He's so versatile, he can play anything.
The only thing he hates about his job is the paint and dye he has to
use on his fur to better play his role.

Relationships;;
Curare
Raphael likes to think he and the healer are friends, even if they
rarely come across each other anymore. When they were visclings,
they were raised together in a small village on the banks of the
Amazon. They were friends of a sort. The two green visclings
finding a common ground in the legends of their tribe. Curare and
Raphael being two of the three visclings that actually believed in
the legend. Now though, they have gone their separate ways in life.
Curare traveling the world to heal, and Raphael traveling the world
to film. Occasionally they come across each other and catch up on
what they have been doing recently.
Amadeus
Raphael's relationship with the jeweler is mainly a professional one.
As perhaps one of the best in his field, it was unavoidable that
Raphael would order a piece from Amadeus at some point in time.
They've met at a few premiers and other high function events. The
red viscet no doubt being gifted tickets by some of the female
celebrities. They can carry a conversation, but Raphael finds it a
little odd how Amadeus is shy and withdrawn around him, when he
freely flirts with other viscets. If he's being honest though, he would
love their relationship to be a bit more personal. Amadeus is quite
cute after all.
Alexander
Raphael met the singer at a meeting with his manager. Alexander
had been hired to come up with a song or two for the frog viscet's
latest film and had wanted to know a bit more about the character
Raphael was portraying. Even after the movie soundtrack was
complete, they kept in touch, having become friends along the way.
Every now and then, Raphael tries to convince Alexander to record
another song for his latest film. Or, he'll send the brown furred viscet
tickets to the latest premier so that he has someone friendly to talk
to throughout the night.
Cliff
Raphael's relationship with Cliff is...well, Raphael doesn't know
quite how to explain it. He likes the horned viscet in an objective
way. Cliff is polite, and welcoming, and just a perfect gentlemen.
Which is all well and good of course, but he just doesn't mesh all
that well with Raphael. Sure Raphael can play the part of a perfect
gentleman, but that doesn't mean he likes to. And then there's the
fact that Raphael's interest in Cliff is primarily in his alter
personality. In the raging beast he turns into once the sun sets. Of
course though, Cliff just refuses to answer his questions. No matter
how often Raphael asks.
Gatsby
Raphael absolutely despises the businessman. Introduced to him by
a friend and co-worker, Raphael is equal parts glad and irritated
that he knows the male. By knowing who he is, he is able to stay
away from him most all the time. But at the same time, having
been formally introduced, he has no choice but to talk to the
viscet. And oh how he hates him. He grew up in Brazil. He knows
better than to fall for the charismatic mask put on by the double
dealing businessman.

Likes;;
acting - his homeland - his friends - bananas - sweet peppers -
history - legends - fictinal stories - doing his own stunts - eccentric
characters - rain - swimming - mud - trees - lightning - obsidian -
his loyal fans - action movies - horror films - playing the villain -
learning different languages (fluent in four, knows additional five)
- math - country music - kpop - rock music

Dislikes;;
crazy fans - russia (too cold) - sand - kiwi - grasshoppers - spicy
foods - snow - documentaries - stunt doubles - boring characters -
really dry weather - fur dye and paint - hard contacts - historical
films - fire - commercials - interviews - time zones - being the 'damsel
in distress' - english grammar (its his third language) - deserts -
waking up early - alternative rock - tejano - folk-music

Dreams;;
to one day learn more about his history - to travel to every country
in the world - to become fluent in ten languages - to teach the
world more about the rain forests - to one day win an award for his
acting - to magically develop wings overnight - to find someone(s)
to love in life

Fears;;
forgetting about where he came from - being stuck on an island for
the rest of his life - getting lost somewhere in India - his plane
crashing - losing himself to a character - being replaced by an
impostor - winding up alone - forgetting how to speak during an
interview - not being remembered in life

Habits;;
biting his knuckles when stressed - pacing while learning lines -
staring at the corner of a room - swinging his tail wildly when
exited - pulling his mane when bored - smoking after premieres -
giving away random premiere tickets - staying awake for three days
straight - muttering to himself in portuguese

Voice;;
Raphael's voice is most often described as smooth and melodic. it's
deep, but not deep enough to be unpleasant. Years of traveling the
world has softened his accent, but it is still there. It can be heard
in the way his vowels are deeper and drawn out, the way his 'r's are
soft, except when they are harder than ice. It's melodic, his tone
always pleasant and able to lull his fans into a trance.

On set;;
Lucius leaned heavily on the lamppost, head thrown back and
cigarette dangling between his claws. At an unspoken signal, he
slowly raised the stick to his mouth and took a long slow drag,
holding the smoke deep in his throat before exhaling through his
nose. In the bright yellow light of the lamp, the smoke resembled
a snake, silent and deadly. Behind him, a lone stone was sent
skidding across the asphalt.

"Did you bring me the money?" he asked, voice pitched low to
avoid carrying further than necessary. It was the voice of a viscet
who was bored of the life he livedone who wasn't afraid to kill if the
messenger failed to deliver the proper message. "You know i did."
replied a meek voice as a small grey and white viscet stepped into
the light.

"Good. Give it over." he sneered, holding out one paw and taking
another pull of his cigarette with the other. The small viscet
scuttled forward and carefully placed a manila envelope into the
outstretched paw. Grinning, Lucius pulled it close before sliding it
into the leather satchel at his side. "I'm sorry it has to end this way.
But you know I can't let you see my face.
" he said even as he
withdrew a handgun from inside his bag. "Now close your eyes and
this will all be over soon.
" He aimed for the small spot directly
between the others eyes and pulled the trigger.

Only to be met with the click of a misfire.

"Cut!" came the booming voice of the director, carrying across the
set with ease. "We'll have to do that scene again. Raphael, go take
five while they figure out what went wrong. Winifred, you're not
looking scared enough. Get with it.
"

Nodding, Raphael handed off his gun to the assistant that was
running towards him before heading towards his stool to catch a
bit of a break. Resisting the urge to tug off the fake horns plastered
to his forehead, he sipped on his water. At the director's signal, he
hopped back to his feet and made his way to the set. Time to shoot
that scene again until it was perfect.

Favorites;;
song - Love me Right by EXO (so catchy...)
classic film - The Godfather (how could one not?)
modern film - Fast Five (that heist...)
tv series - Hannibal (so beautifully morbid...)
book - Carrie by Stephen King (revenge is sweet...)
hero - Tony Stark 'Iron Man' (wit abounds)
villain - Hannibal or The Joker (murder to murder...)
color - bright silver (i like the way it shines...)
gemstone - ruby (to match my eyes...)
season - spring (flowers and baby animals of course)
month - january (why not?)
alexander owned by the martian, cliff owned by shiveren, gatsby owned by apricus. all used w/permission

Last edited by _Alex_ on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
_Alex_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:54 am

Alrighty! This one ends today! I'll post a 2 hour and a 1 hour warning for those of you that need it.
But it will end at 10pm my time.
-Its currently 7:53 am here.
-You have 14 hours :)
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Omosky » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:11 pm

Have I missed the mark to edit my entry? Sorry, not that great with time zones. Especially when there's no active clock to look at on site.

Yup, looks like I've missed it. Good luck everyone.
Omosky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:35 pm

Sorry guys! Due to me having been out yesterday I will let the contest extend a little.
Meaning it will end today. I wasn't able to do the 2 hour warning. So I'll do it today. ^^'
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me