~❊~ #24 Midnight Stallions ~❊~ by ArtGirl

Based on Click to view
Artist ArtGirl [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

~❊~ #24 Midnight Stallions ~❊~

Postby ArtGirl » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:01 pm

I was cleaning out one of the horses stalls when I looked through the window and saw some ranchers running through the barn. Curiously I walk outside and saw a couple of ranchers leading a wounded horse towards the veterinarian clinic and one of them carrying a hurt foal. As we waited for the vets to finish bandaging the horses the men who found them told us what happened.
They said that they were tracking one of the herds of horses in the area when they found the Mare with her foal trying to fight off a pack of wolves. The mare was already exhausted from the fight and had wolves all around, biting at her legs and trying to get to the foal. Knowing she couldn't keep up the fight too much longer they immediately scared off the wolves and loaded the horses into their trailer.
Just then the vet came out and said that the foal was weak and seriously cut up. One of the wolves had bit a chunk out of it's thigh but he said that it would heal with time and that the foal was going to be fine.
He continued that the mare had taken a lot of damage from the fight and was very weak. On top of the cuts and bruises one of the wolves managed to scratch her eye bad enough that she would have permanent blindness. She also had a limp when she walked caused by a very small crack in her hip. He finished by saying that all of her injuries would heal with time and that they were both going to need caring homes that would be able to give them the time and love they need to heal.
A couple days later the results of the wolf populations came back and showed a huge rise in the areas population. After that a team was gathered to relocate almost 600 wolves and after a couple weeks there wasn't any more horses found injured from wolf attacks.

Rarity: Rare
Username: Moonhigh
Name: Alex
Show Name: Edge of the Foothills
Height: 15hh
Genetics: EE/aa/nZ/nO/GG
Halter: periwinkle
Training Rank: 1
Care Plan:
The first thing I would do is give her about two or three days by herself. After the wolf attack, she would probably be shaken up and need time to calm down. I would call the vet to see how bad the wounds were and if there was any specific diets or medications Alex would need and if there was anything I could do to help her recover faster and consult about helping her ease into a normal life again. I'd also make sure she got nutritious food so she could stay healthy and, if necessary, her medication when needed.
After the three or so days are up, I would go stand by her stall and see how she reacts to contact with people. Whether she stands in the corner without acknowledging me or if she comes up and peeks out, I would come back every day and talk to her. By talking to her, and occasionally petting her cheek or neck, I would try to gain her trust and make her comfortable around me.
Once she is comfortable enough, I would try going into her stall. I would pet her to make her familiar with people touching or interacting with her, and to assure her that I wasn't a threat and have no intention to harm her.
I'd let her out into the pasture every day or lead her at a walk around the training arena. This would be to make sure she gets enough exercise, retain muscular strength, have a place to let out her energy, and to make sure she gets used to moving her limbs so that they wouldn't get stiff or uncomfortable. I would keep her at a walk so she wouldn't overexert herself or open the wounds again.
I'd also schedule regular check-ups with the vet to make sure she is healing correctly and to dress the wounds. Also, I'd check and clean the cuts every day to prevent inflammation or infections and I'd be sure to tell the vet if there are any problems.
When her wounds finally close, I'd start introducing her to tack. I wouldn't ride her, but just put the tack on, leave it there for a few minutes, then take it of so she would get used to the new idea. I would continue to do this until she is used to the feel of having something on her. Then, I'd try to ride her. I'd start her at a walk and ease into a trot when she was comfortable enough and progress on from there. I'd keep the riding sessions short enough that she wouldn't get too worn out, but long enough that she's get a good workout.
I would also allow Alex to interact with a two or three of my other horses so she wouldn't become lonely and so that she would get used to being around, as they are her stablemates. I would also make sure she gets plenty of time with her foal. I would also have a few friends visit her so she would also get used to having other people around.
Even after healing, I would still continue to ride and care for Alex, and sooner or later have her adapt to a regular routine.

~❊~What you can do with your horse~❊~
Create cool backgrounds for them.
Create items for your horse.
Decorate your horse.
Show your horse.
RP your horse.
Anything else not on the lower list (Just in case I forgot anything).

~❊~What you CAN NOT do with your horse~❊~
Remove Siggie.
Recreate horse in any way.
Anything against CMM's and CS's rules.
Last edited by ArtGirl on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
~~Hey guys! Check out the awesome links below.~~

Hi, I'm ArtGirl! I love art, adoptables, green, winter and spagetti but over all I LLOOVVEE chickens!!! Though I don't make art on oekaki anymore I still offer digital art and love to make art trades! Feel free to pm me!

"In one day it won't matter how many friends you have. Any battles you've fought just to fail or events in your life that no one believes. The possessions you've acquired will be meaningless. Our opinions of life, culture, race, meaning will matter as much as the dirt on your feet. That day only one thing will matter, Jesus." .......................................................................................
2 Timothy 2:10............................................................................................................................
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~❊~ #24 Midnight Stallions ~❊~

Postby vixen; » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Username: Mac457
Name: Whinny
Show Name: For the Win
Height: 6
Halter: Blue
Care Plan: Nurture, then training with breaks in between, training in both trick and derby riding.
hi! i haven't been on this site in years. i'm pretty open to trading away my pets as i doubt that i will be on here again.
vixen;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Novianti » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Username: Veni Vidi Cepi
Name: Dancer
Show Name: Dancing In The Dark
Height: 6.8''
Halter: Light Yellow
Care Plan: Keep them in a stall, care for their wounded leg, then little by little let her out for extended amounts of time, then train her and use her for pleasure
Lady_Novianti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CCrow » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:14 pm

Ahh I so wanna enter but I've been too greedy >_< Good luck to everyone entering!

Sig under construction <3
Find me on DA!
CCrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Username: tomijojo
Name: loven
Show Name. A midnight miracle
Height: 13.2
Halter. Purple with silver heart buttons
Care Plan:

First I would address the wounds. Make sure she had no other injures like internal bleeding or anything. Then I would give her some food and water for I am sure she would be hungry and thirsty. I would let her rest for a couple of days but still caring for her. Then after like a week I would bring her home and get her use to the farm and the other horses. I would already have a stall all made for her just to fit her needs, big enough for her to walk around and to lye down if needed. I would give her special foods to get her back to full health again. I would bring her back to the vets to see how everything was going and if all good I would then start training after about a week or two after I brought her home. But first I would make sure she got to see her foal before anything :) ( I might even try and get the foal :) ) and I would still do medicine until the wounds are fully healed.
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tazaria » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:35 pm

This mare is very cute!! I will try my hardest for her))

Username:
Name:
Show Name:
Halter:
Care Plan:
| Taz | University Student | He/Him | Bisexual |
| Thor to my Loki |
| My deviantart |
| My Tolters |
| -- |
Animation by saintswine on DA

Tazaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imakilljoywannabe » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:26 am

Mark/res XD

Username: imakilljoywannabe
Name: 'Anela (Hawaiian for angel)
Show Name: Fallen Angel
Height: 15.1 hh
Halter: Light green
Care Plan: WIP
Last edited by imakilljoywannabe on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage╔══════════════════════════╗
-Art Shop-Characters-Kleeare Herd-BWSDA Kennel-DA-Writing-Avatar Credit-
╚══════════════════════════╝

╔══════════════════════╗
Hey there! I'm imakilljoywannabe!
Gravity Falls//MLP//Pokémon//danisnotonfire
Female//Straight

╚══════════════════════╝
ImageImage
imakilljoywannabe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:37 am

Username: Queen Chrysalis
Name: Tanith
Show Name: Rising Flames
Height: 16HH
Halter: Grey
Care Plan:
I plan to start slowly. Get the vet's advice as to how to properly care for her injuries and if there are any specifics on diet that would need addressing. If there are no specifies on diet then I have a feed plan I believe would be appropriate for her.

The feed plan would be that she'd be on a condition and weight gain diet until she's back in top body condition. Small amounts of good quality basic grass hay with small amounts of alfalfa and vegetable oil. As the days go by small amounts of beet pulp and sweet feed will be added. All recommended to improve her health and overall condition.

A nice large stall with a good deep bed of straw over rubber matting is sure to keep her company as she rests and heals up.

Any caninie companions will have to stay well away from her while she recovers. A panic resulting in injury to either Tanith or the canine would not be welcome. I believe she would have to stay in isolation for a few days while she recovers, nosy neighbors are sometimes just that one something that makes trauma worse.
WIP <3
Last edited by Queen Vivane on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corvus Prismatica » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:32 pm

Username: Moonhigh
Care Plan:
The first thing I would do is give her about two or three days by herself. After the wolf attack, she would probably be shaken up and need time to calm down. I would call the vet to see how bad the wounds were and if there was any specific diets or medications Alex would need and if there was anything I could do to help her recover faster and consult about helping her ease into a normal life again. I'd also make sure she got nutritious food so she could stay healthy and, if necessary, her medication when needed.
After the three or so days are up, I would go stand by her stall and see how she reacts to contact with people. Whether she stands in the corner without acknowledging me or if she comes up and peeks out, I would come back every day and talk to her. By talking to her, and occasionally petting her cheek or neck, I would try to gain her trust and make her comfortable around me.
Once she is comfortable enough, I would try going into her stall. I would pet her to make her familiar with people touching or interacting with her, and to assure her that I wasn't a threat and have no intention to harm her.
I'd let her out into the pasture every day or lead her at a walk around the training arena. This would be to make sure she gets enough exercise, retain muscular strength, have a place to let out her energy, and to make sure she gets used to moving her limbs so that they wouldn't get stiff or uncomfortable. I would keep her at a walk so she wouldn't overexert herself or open the wounds again.
I'd also schedule regular check-ups with the vet to make sure she is healing correctly and to dress the wounds. Also, I'd check and clean the cuts every day to prevent inflammation or infections and I'd be sure to tell the vet if there are any problems.
When her wounds finally close, I'd start introducing her to tack. I wouldn't ride her, but just put the tack on, leave it there for a few minutes, then take it of so she would get used to the new idea. I would continue to do this until she is used to the feel of having something on her. Then, I'd try to ride her. I'd start her at a walk and ease into a trot when she was comfortable enough and progress on from there. I'd keep the riding sessions short enough that she wouldn't get too worn out, but long enough that she's get a good workout.
I would also allow Alex to interact with a two or three of my other horses so she wouldn't become lonely and so that she would get used to being around, as they are her stablemates. I would also make sure she gets plenty of time with her foal. I would also have a few friends visit her so she would also get used to having other people around.
Even after healing, I would still continue to ride and care for Alex, and sooner or later have her adapt to a regular routine.
Hi, you can call me Case or Corvus!!
[0/2 Commission Slots Full]

ImageImageImageImage
Corvus Prismatica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtGirl » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:19 pm

Moonhigh wrote:Username: Moonhigh
Care Plan:

Winner :) She will gradually be revealed over a weeks time.
~~Hey guys! Check out the awesome links below.~~

Hi, I'm ArtGirl! I love art, adoptables, green, winter and spagetti but over all I LLOOVVEE chickens!!! Though I don't make art on oekaki anymore I still offer digital art and love to make art trades! Feel free to pm me!

"In one day it won't matter how many friends you have. Any battles you've fought just to fail or events in your life that no one believes. The possessions you've acquired will be meaningless. Our opinions of life, culture, race, meaning will matter as much as the dirt on your feet. That day only one thing will matter, Jesus." .......................................................................................
2 Timothy 2:10............................................................................................................................
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me