CWHR: Blue Roan Splashed White by Chronometer

Based on Click to view
Artist Chronometer [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

CWHR: Blue Roan Splashed White

Postby Chronometer » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:56 pm

I have no idea what to do for this lady, so this will be an impress me competition. Anything goes!

Colour: Blue Roan Splashed White
Genotype: Ee/aa/RR/nSpl 1
Breed: Abaco Barb

username: Timey
show name: N/A
name: Zoey
height: 14.2 hh
Last edited by Chronometer on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry for my absence! I'm afraid my activity here will be slowing down :c
Deviant Art ~ My Characters ~ Fairbanks Stables ~ HARPG Deviant Art ~ 1oo Scene Challenge ~ Ask.fm
Chronometer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: Blue Roan Splashed White

Postby Timey » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:16 pm

likes: Napping, Sunlight, Warmth, Carrots, Apples, Trail Rides, Rolling In Grass, Dogs, Chasing Wildlife, Chasing Cats
      dislikes: Cold, Being Tired, Snow, Sweets, Cats
      bio: Born a sickly foal, Zoey is no stranger to medicines and needles. This little mare is brave. Almost nothing strikes fear into her heart, and she's often referred to as 'The Little Warrior' by the stable hands. When she's feeling up to the task, Zoey can be rather feisty, and sometimes likes to act like a yearling, no matter how long gone those days may be. In addition, she's extremely hard-headed, and is one of the most stubborn horses you'll ever come across. When she wants something, she'll find a way to get it. However, she cares deeply for her loved ones, and has unique ways of showing this. She has a knack for sensing what others are feeling, and you can always expect a warm nuzzle from her if you're down in the dumps.

Zoey's suffered from just about every illness under the sun, and more than once has almost paid a hefty price for it. However, miraculously, when it seems like all is lost and everyone is about to give up on her, she bounces back. She was owned by a hoarder for a good portion of her life before ending up with the owners she has today. When she was rescued, she was found to be severely anemic due to nutritional deficiencies, along with a flood of other health problems, some of them long lasting. The vet bills ran high, and at times Zoey's owner questioned if it was even worth keeping her.

Eventually, she got the chance to show her gratitude in an amazing way...

story: Chance Pryor woke up panting and drenched in a cold sweat, eyes wide and afraid, his gaze darting about the darkened bedroom. Nightmares. More frigging nightmares. He cursed silently to himself, struggling to rid himself of the tangled bed sheets as they continued to hold him captive. His disorientated state of mind made the task much more difficult than it needed to be, and he found himself shouting in rage until he was finally free.

He needed to get out to the barn. Now.

Not even bothering to put on a jacket or shoes, Chance threw open his bedroom door, stampeded down the stairs, and practically tore down the front door. He was sprinting across the cold and wet early morning grass now, cell phone in hand, ready to call up the vet if what he had just witnessed in his dreams turned out to be true.

The barn doors flew open, and Chance dashed over to the nearest stall, looking in over the top. He stared at the mare inside for a moment, before letting out a heavy sigh. It was a huge weight off his shoulders to see Zoey relaxing in the warmth of her stall, plopped down in the straw and munching on a large clump of hay. The little blue mare looked up at him, and gave a small nicker of greeting. Her eyes were brighter today than they had been in months, and it was obvious that the mare was, for once, feeling pretty darn good. She pulled herself up off the floor of her cozy stall and made her way over to the door, shoving her head into Chance's chest, obviously looking for a scratch behind her ears. Chance gave her what she was looking for, holding her head as close to himself as he could, as if somehow she'd slip away from him.

Zoey didn't know how important she was to this broken man. Without anything resembling the presence of a caring, warm family in his life, this horse was his lifeline. She gave him a reason to get out of bed in the morning. He couldn't say that about a lot of things these days.

He couldn't ride her. She was a smaller mare, and he was a taller guy. Most of all though, she was a frail creature. Chance handled her like she was glass, and too heavy of a touch could shatter her. To get her to move around, Chance usually just walked her up and down the road on a halter. It was like having an over sized dog. Neither of them seemed to mind the arrangement.

Zoey raised her head again, her bright eyes gazing up into his. He stroked her face, and ran a hand down her neck as far as he could reach into the stall. He noticed the tattered mess of her mane, and decided that a quick grooming couldn't hurt. "Come on girl," he murmured. "Let's go get you cleaned up."

--

"She checks out well Mr. Pryor. Despite all of the chronic issues it seems like she's right as rain," Dr. Morton announced as she lugged her medical bag with her out of Zoey's paddock. The mare peacefully grazed a short distance away, hardly having noticed the millionth check-up she had just received. The mare was far too busy enjoying the sunshine and the warm breeze. It was a huge relief from the colder weather they'd been suffering through lately, and Zoey was going to revel in it.

Chance's face contorted upon hearing this news. Sure, he was glad that Zoey was okay...Well, okay for her standards. However, Chance couldn't help but feel that the young veterinarian was missing something. This wasn't Zoey's usual vet, who was out of town on vacation at the moment. His younger colleague had had to come in and take a look at her at Chance's request after the nightmare he'd had.

"Are you positive?" he questioned.

"I sure am. She seems like a happy, somewhat healthy little horse," the vet replied. "I know you're a little paranoid since Dr. Kelsey wasn't here. I can assure you though, I looked at her charts and all of her medical history before coming here. She's doing better than she has in months now."

Chance nodded, a little reassured but still not entirely convinced. "Alright. If you say so."

Mavis Morton stared at him for a minute, and then got an idea. "Look, if it makes you feel any better, we sell supplements back at the office that could help Zoey stay healthy. I don't have any on me right now, but if you want to, next time you're in town just stop by and I can set you up with a batch," the vet explained.

That seemed like a good idea. "I have to run some errands soon anyway. I can do that."

Dr. Morton smiled and nodded, brushing a lock of her strawberry blonde hair out of her face. "Umm, if you don't mind me asking...You're ex-military right?"

Chance began grinding his teeth. That wasn't a topic he was very fond of revisiting. "...Yes. Why?"

"Your first supply of the supplements is on me. My family was always really big in the military, and we always try to give back to our service men where we can," Mavis explained. "Just stop by and I'll have it ready for you."

Chance felt a smile growing on his face at her generosity. "Why...Thank you. That-That really, really helps me out. A lot. Thank you," he stammered.

"No problem Mr. Pryor. Anything to-"

Mavis was cut off when a strong force suddenly shoved her right into Chance's chest. The two lost their balance and fell down, Mavis landing on Chance who had the wind knocked out of him when he hit the ground. A victorious whinny shattered the air and the two looked up to see a very satisfied looking Zoey, tail swishing and ears perked.

"Zoey!" Chance shouted. His cheeks were bright red as he scrambled to his feet while Mavis began to pick herself up. Zoey instantly retreated from the fence and cantered back into the paddock, stopping in the center and looking back, almost as if she was mocking them.

Chance looked back at Mavis, who was busy brushing grass and dirt off of her white coat and black pants. "Sorry about that," he apologized. "She can be a bit of a jerk sometimes."

Mavis laughed. "Oh it's no harm done. That let's me know she's feeling well if she's up for a bit of fun," she replied.

Chance grinned. "She always manages to make time for that," he chuckled.

The two were still blushing like mad when Mavis finally made it to her truck and drove off.

Chance watched her disappear into the dark woods outside of his property, leaning against the fence as Zoey walked up and blew a puff of warm breath into his left ear. Chance had to admit, the young vet was rather cute. She had a really nice laugh...For the first time in a long time, Chance was feeling the dark clouds that had hung over him for the past year beginning to subside. Chance looked over at Zoey, a boyish smile on his face as he reached up to stroke her face. "You scheming thing you," he muttered.

Chance could have sworn he saw the little mare wink.
Last edited by Timey on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘
≿────────── ✘✗✘ ────────── -≾
Timey here! Fan of far
too many things to list.
Proud Fuze/Mute main.

ImageImage
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾
HoC's xxxCWHR xxx ✘Link
✘Link xxx
© xxx ✘Link
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾Image
Timey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cooper. » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:42 am

username: cooper.
      show name: Woodstock's A Little Bit of Pirate
      name: Swan
      height: 15 Hands

Reserveee
cooper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amy_14 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:50 am

Username:Amy_14
Show Name (optional): Patched All Over
Name:Patches
Height: 17 hands
Amy_14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~M a y a~ » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:32 pm

Username;; ~M a y a~
Show Name;; BREC How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful
Name;; Florence
Age;; 6 years
Height;; 15.2 hh
Breed;; Dutch Warmblood

Likes;;
- Hearing Music
- Rain
- Apples
- Being Wet
Dislikes;;
- Silence
- Being Hot
- Thirst
- Being Bored

Personality;; Florence is a very kind, unique, and motherly mare. She has a personality unlike any other, letting her stand out against many other horses. Some would describe her as weird. She'll be seen moving around a lot, it almost is as if though she is dancing. That was what made her owners think she would do well in dressage. Florence absolutely excels in dressage and she loves every moment of it. Sometimes, during a lesson or just being ridden, she will make a range of noises, as if she were singing to the beat of her hooves.
Last edited by ~M a y a~ on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
~M a y a~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doglover947 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Username:doglover947
Show Name (optional):
Name: Silver Feather (Feather)
Height: 16.0
Likes: She loves the color blue, she also loves animals, off all sorts especially kittens she is so fond of them! She loves the color black. peanut butter,chocolate and Christmas she loves the holidays. Loves music also.
Dislikes: poop, rocks, barking.
Hi, I'm doglover947.
Yes, I am a Christian,
and I believe in Jesus
Christ with my full
heart. If you'd like to
chat just shoot me a
pm. c:
design by Wafflez2

doglover947

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chronometer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:07 pm

I've extended this to the 24th of November. Please complete your forms before then
Closed! Stay tuned for the winner c:

Deviant Art ~ My Characters ~ Fairbanks Stables ~ HARPG Deviant Art ~ 1oo Scene Challenge ~ Ask.fm
Chronometer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chronometer » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:15 am

Timey wrote:

likes: Napping, Sunlight, Warmth, Carrots, Apples, Trail Rides, Rolling In Grass, Dogs, Chasing Wildlife, Chasing Cats
      dislikes: Cold, Being Tired, Snow, Sweets, Cats
      bio: Born a sickly foal, Zoey is no stranger to medicines and needles. This little mare is brave. Almost nothing strikes fear into her heart, and she's often referred to as 'The Little Warrior' by the stable hands. When she's feeling up to the task, Zoey can be rather feisty, and sometimes likes to act like a yearling, no matter how long gone those days may be. In addition, she's extremely hard-headed, and is one of the most stubborn horses you'll ever come across. When she wants something, she'll find a way to get it. However, she cares deeply for her loved ones, and has unique ways of showing this. She has a knack for sensing what others are feeling, and you can always expect a warm nuzzle from her if you're down in the dumps.

Zoey's suffered from just about every illness under the sun, and more than once has almost paid a hefty price for it. However, miraculously, when it seems like all is lost and everyone is about to give up on her, she bounces back. She was owned by a hoarder for a good portion of her life before ending up with the owners she has today. When she was rescued, she was found to be severely anemic due to nutritional deficiencies, along with a flood of other health problems, some of them long lasting. The vet bills ran high, and at times Zoey's owner questioned if it was even worth keeping her.

Eventually, she got the chance to show her gratitude in an amazing way...

story: Chance Pryor woke up panting and drenched in a cold sweat, eyes wide and afraid, his gaze darting about the darkened bedroom. Nightmares. More frigging nightmares. He cursed silently to himself, struggling to rid himself of the tangled bed sheets as they continued to hold him captive. His disorientated state of mind made the task much more difficult than it needed to be, and he found himself shouting in rage until he was finally free.

He needed to get out to the barn. Now.

Not even bothering to put on a jacket or shoes, Chance threw open his bedroom door, stampeded down the stairs, and practically tore down the front door. He was sprinting across the cold and wet early morning grass now, cell phone in hand, ready to call up the vet if what he had just witnessed in his dreams turned out to be true.

The barn doors flew open, and Chance dashed over to the nearest stall, looking in over the top. He stared at the mare inside for a moment, before letting out a heavy sigh. It was a huge weight off his shoulders to see Zoey relaxing in the warmth of her stall, plopped down in the straw and munching on a large clump of hay. The little blue mare looked up at him, and gave a small nicker of greeting. Her eyes were brighter today than they had been in months, and it was obvious that the mare was, for once, feeling pretty darn good. She pulled herself up off the floor of her cozy stall and made her way over to the door, shoving her head into Chance's chest, obviously looking for a scratch behind her ears. Chance gave her what she was looking for, holding her head as close to himself as he could, as if somehow she'd slip away from him.

Zoey didn't know how important she was to this broken man. Without anything resembling the presence of a caring, warm family in his life, this horse was his lifeline. She gave him a reason to get out of bed in the morning. He couldn't say that about a lot of things these days.

He couldn't ride her. She was a smaller mare, and he was a taller guy. Most of all though, she was a frail creature. Chance handled her like she was glass, and too heavy of a touch could shatter her. To get her to move around, Chance usually just walked her up and down the road on a halter. It was like having an over sized dog. Neither of them seemed to mind the arrangement.

Zoey raised her head again, her bright eyes gazing up into his. He stroked her face, and ran a hand down her neck as far as he could reach into the stall. He noticed the tattered mess of her mane, and decided that a quick grooming couldn't hurt. "Come on girl," he murmured. "Let's go get you cleaned up."

--

"She checks out well Mr. Pryor. Despite all of the chronic issues it seems like she's right as rain," Dr. Morton announced as she lugged her medical bag with her out of Zoey's paddock. The mare peacefully grazed a short distance away, hardly having noticed the millionth check-up she had just received. The mare was far too busy enjoying the sunshine and the warm breeze. It was a huge relief from the colder weather they'd been suffering through lately, and Zoey was going to revel in it.

Chance's face contorted upon hearing this news. Sure, he was glad that Zoey was okay...Well, okay for her standards. However, Chance couldn't help but feel that the young veterinarian was missing something. This wasn't Zoey's usual vet, who was out of town on vacation at the moment. His younger colleague had had to come in and take a look at her at Chance's request after the nightmare he'd had.

"Are you positive?" he questioned.

"I sure am. She seems like a happy, somewhat healthy little horse," the vet replied. "I know you're a little paranoid since Dr. Kelsey wasn't here. I can assure you though, I looked at her charts and all of her medical history before coming here. She's doing better than she has in months now."

Chance nodded, a little reassured but still not entirely convinced. "Alright. If you say so."

Mavis Morton stared at him for a minute, and then got an idea. "Look, if it makes you feel any better, we sell supplements back at the office that could help Zoey stay healthy. I don't have any on me right now, but if you want to, next time you're in town just stop by and I can set you up with a batch," the vet explained.

That seemed like a good idea. "I have to run some errands soon anyway. I can do that."

Dr. Morton smiled and nodded, brushing a lock of her strawberry blonde hair out of her face. "Umm, if you don't mind me asking...You're ex-military right?"

Chance began grinding his teeth. That wasn't a topic he was very fond of revisiting. "...Yes. Why?"

"Your first supply of the supplements is on me. My family was always really big in the military, and we always try to give back to our service men where we can," Mavis explained. "Just stop by and I'll have it ready for you."

Chance felt a smile growing on his face at her generosity. "Why...Thank you. That-That really, really helps me out. A lot. Thank you," he stammered.

"No problem Mr. Pryor. Anything to-"

Mavis was cut off when a strong force suddenly shoved her right into Chance's chest. The two lost their balance and fell down, Mavis landing on Chance who had the wind knocked out of him when he hit the ground. A victorious whinny shattered the air and the two looked up to see a very satisfied looking Zoey, tail swishing and ears perked.

"Zoey!" Chance shouted. His cheeks were bright red as he scrambled to his feet while Mavis began to pick herself up. Zoey instantly retreated from the fence and cantered back into the paddock, stopping in the center and looking back, almost as if she was mocking them.

Chance looked back at Mavis, who was busy brushing grass and dirt off of her white coat and black pants. "Sorry about that," he apologized. "She can be a bit of a jerk sometimes."

Mavis laughed. "Oh it's no harm done. That let's me know she's feeling well if she's up for a bit of fun," she replied.

Chance grinned. "She always manages to make time for that," he chuckled.

The two were still blushing like mad when Mavis finally made it to her truck and drove off.

Chance watched her disappear into the dark woods outside of his property, leaning against the fence as Zoey walked up and blew a puff of warm breath into his left ear. Chance had to admit, the young vet was rather cute. She had a really nice laugh...For the first time in a long time, Chance was feeling the dark clouds that had hung over him for the past year beginning to subside. Chance looked over at Zoey, a boyish smile on his face as he reached up to stroke her face. "You scheming thing you," he muttered.

Chance could have sworn he saw the little mare wink.

Congrats! Sorry for being late <3

Chronometer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timey » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:33 am

Eeeeep!!! <333 Thank you so much! I have to find someone to help me get some art of Chance and Zoey. I just absolutely love that little duo. Thank you!!!

Timey here! Fan of far
too many things to list.
Proud Fuze/Mute main.

ImageImage
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾
HoC's xxxCWHR xxx ✘Link
✘Link xxx
© xxx ✘Link
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾Image