Week 3

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Week 3

I sat on the tailgate of my truck with Fawn's lead rope in my hand while she grazed. Her leg was all healed up and she was allowed out in the field in the pasture again. I missed seeing her gallop with Ranger in her pasture. I couldn't stand separating her now that I knew that the two had been together on the open range. It was sweet how much my boy cared for her. The gelding though took care of everyone. It was just his personality and Fawn's was the same.It was no wonder the two got along so well.

Now on Sunday, I let Fawn have a break. She stayed in the pasture, grazing with Dixie and Liberty. I liked to make sure she got along with all genders. She was shy though around some mares and she shied away from stallions every now and then but overall she was getting along nicely with everyone. She made friends pretty easily with any creature, especially the cows and their calves. She loves being around them more than anything. That's just her though.

On Monday, I started groundwork with Miss Fawn. She got along pretty well. I worked mainly with just walking and teaching the commands to walk and stop. She takes commands very easily. She was given about three breaks to cool down then taken back to the barn around six. I washed her off, fed her some oats, then let her loose into the field. She gratefully whinnied out at me before trotting off to the back of the pasture.

Tuesday was Fawn's continuing of groundwork. She understands it all better than I thought and takes it in evenly. I've watched her closely and she's moving at a fast pace considering we've just started working on her groundwork. I gave her a few breaks then hosed her off and let her loose. She joined Liberty, Ranger, and Dixie out in the pasture and enjoyed the rest of her evening there.

Wednesday wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. Fawn had trouble transitioning into her trot and wanted to buck and prance more than take on the smooth gait. I worked with her all day on it with little luck. She was rather haywired compared to yesterday and the day before. Around five I just gave up for the day, fed her, and let her loose into the pasture. She was fine the rest of the night but unfortunately I was restless. My dress fitting was tomorrow and my wedding was closer than I thought it'd be.

Unfortunately for Thursday, I was busy at my dress fitting for my wedding dress. I didn't have a chance to work with Fawn all morning so it resulted in a late night session. Fawn had fixed her transitioning into her trot but it wasn't where I wanted it. I could tolerate it for now though. She knew the commands and she knew how to properly trot so it wasn't that big of a deal. I started to teach her cantering but that wasn't her best. She stumbled and fell once or twice and that's when I put her in her stall for the night due to the rain outside.

Friday was review day. I reviewed with Fawn and found that the mare had officially smoothed her trot out and transitioned very nicely. She's an amazing young horse. Next week our plans are to work on cantering and at the end of the week, introduce her to the equipment needed for riding. She was ready, I could tell.

Saturday was a free day and Fawn needed it greatly. She was exhausted but weren't we all? I was up every night working on her plans and my own plans for my wedding. I was counting down and boy was I getting nervous. I knew Fawn as well was getting nervous from all the new things coming at her. Wish us both luck!
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Week 4

Week 4

Sunday was an off day. Fawn was completely content in her field and wasn't at all stressed or upset.

Monday was the start of training week. I worked with Fawn on her trotting and such then moved into her cantering. She stumbled and fell again but quickly regained her confidence. She didn't take it in as fast but we continued the groundwork of cantering and trotting. We called it a night after she fell again and frustrated herself.

Tuesday and Wednesday was the same as Monday. We continued cantering and using commands but she continued frustrating herself and would stumble. Her confidence just wasn't there yet but we could hopefully work on it. At the end of both nights, she was put in the pasture to enjoy her nights.

Thursday and Friday worked more with trying to fix her cantering gait up. We successfully did that on Friday and were going to start her transitioning into the canter next week. For now she just needed to rest and enjoy herself while I did the same. I had way too many stressful things on my mind when I was working with her. Hopefully I could relax over the weekend.

Saturday was an off day and both me and Fawn relaxed around the farm all day.
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Week 5

Week 5

Sunday was our off day. I worked on wedding plans and Miss Fawn relaxed between her stall and pasture.

All week we focused on one thing: transitioning into the canter from a trot. Fawn has her flaws, we all do. She though does not have the confidence she needs which causes her to stumble. I worked with her each day and she improved. By Wednesday we were getting somewhere and her transitions were even and easy. Commands were a different story. She wasn't listening. We were pushing that to next week which was setting us behind. Next week was supposed to be getting used to the riding tack on her body but unfortunately it was relearning commands all over again. By Friday, her transitions were flawless but the commands getting into her ears needed to be worked on.

Saturday was an off day. I worked on writing plans for next week for Fawn while she grazed out with her pasture mates.
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Week 6

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:05 pm

Week 6

Sunday was the off day.

All week, I was outside in the arena, working on commands lining up with the gaits. Fawn didn't get it right until Wednesday night. She'd whinny out in complaint, kick out, and throw tantrums at her frustration. Unfortunately, I did just the same in my room since we were behind my schedule. We continued working and working the rest of the week and finally by Friday, we were ready to go. Fawn had officially tackled the gaits, commands, and transitioning part of training. She could honestly do anything now that all of the hard stuff was over. Boy was I happy for both of us.

Saturday was the off day.
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Week 7

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:05 pm

Week 7

Sunday was the off day.

On Monday, I introduced the riding equipment to Fawn. I put her bridle on first and let her get used to it before moving on to leading her with it. She didn't fight it and took it better than I thought she would. She followed obediently and that earned her an apple slice. She was then taken out to review before going out to the pasture with herd pasture mates.

Tuesday through Thursday was getting her used to the saddle and girth. She snorted and stamped her hooves but she eventually grew used to the feeling of the leather. She seemed fine with it and behaved rather nicely considering she was very moody both mornings which wasn't like her at all. I kept her in her stall both nights due to rainy weather and thunderstorms.

Friday was our review day and I started using commands and her gaits with the tack on. She reacted very nicely which was very promising for both of us. I was offically very proud of her this week.

Saturday was an off day.
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Week 8

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Week 8

All week we worked on getting Fawn used to weight on her back. Amazingly she had no problem with weight on her back. She snorted and threw a little hissy-fit every now and then but overall she was a star at it all and took it all very well considering it was thunder storming all week for us. She'd flinch every now and then which would cause her to lose her focus. I was amazed she remembered so much. The mare just knew her stuff and I didn't know her as well as I thought I did. Maybe she wanted me to be like that.

My plans for next week are to start riding. Fawn seems ready and so do I. She's an exciting mare and enjoys learning which makes me know and say that she's ready for the biggest step. We all know she's ready and can't wait to see her excel.
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Week 9

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Week 9

Riding week was probably the most dreaded week in the stables for a new horse. Riding was always nerve-wracking and frustrated both horse and rider more than anything. Monday wasn't at all how I'd hoped. Fawn threw me and danced around in frustration. She just didn't have the concentration. It wasn't until Wednesday that we were finally going somewhere. Fawn had finally calmed down and was getting used to my body weight as I rode. I worked with her in her transitioning and gaits which showed potential. She though stumbled still but we could work with that over time.

Fawn was finally finished on Friday. She was bright eyed and eager to learn that day. She took in more than I thought she would and we smoothed out her rough spots in her transitioning with a rider. I let her out that night with a bunch of praises for having such a good week with her riding. For once, things had eased my nerves down about my wedding next week.
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Week 10

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Week 10

Week ten, Fawn's final week of training. Fawn has officially finished training. She was an amazing mare to work with and her future plans are to be a children's riding horse and a show jumper. For now her jumping abilities will be trained over time. She was such a joy to train and I absolutely adore her. She's been such a blessing to our stables and brought all of us closer. I'm proud to call her my horse and my friend.

Fawn was apart of the wedding along with Ranger at the wedding of Ren and December. She walked beside the bride down the aisle and held flowers in her mane and tail that matched her owner's. At the reception, the mare showed off her riding skills with a rider who was close to December and amazed everyone in the crowd. Towards the end of the wedding celebration, Miss Fawn snuck off with Darkness and out by the lake, the mare happily grazed and whinnied with the stallion who had stolen her heart over the summer. Ranger though stayed at a safe distance, keeping an eye on the mare he treated as a little sister.

December watched from beside him, grinning from ear to ear as she curled into her new husband's side, happy to find that her horse had found her true love just like she had. At the end of the night when the ceremony was over, December and Ren left in a white pick-up truck to head to their honeymoon at the beach while Fawn trotted away with Darkness towards the meadow. The rest of the starry night, both mare and girl, spent as much time as they could with their loves and are living in their own happily ever after.

The End...till next year
✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
My Riverbank Hollow Morgans
My Cottonwood Horses Cottonwood Ranch My Running Bear Tolters
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me