Artist polariie [gallery]
Time spent 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
80 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Ivyy

Kiamara #452 Winner!

Postby polariie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:27 am

What is a Kiamara? wrote:A kiamara is a wolf/lion-like creature. They have long, fluffy manes on the top of their heads, running down between their shoulders. They all have spots on their bodies- a trait in which will never be bred out of their DNA. They also have feathers- every Kiamara is given feathers when they reach the age of 2 years old. Their diet consists of fruit as well as meat- they prey on similar creatures that wolves would. Kiamara can be very shy before they get to know you. Can you win a Kiamara's heart?

Won by Ivvy!

The markings do not glow. The marking layer is duplicated/copied, blurred, then set to add eue

Without add layer

Last edited by polariie on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
polariie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara #452

Postby icseal » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:28 am

Username: Icseal
Name: (may have brief explanation)
Personality: (400 word max)
Extra: (1 art piece or 400 words)
icseal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Segie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:29 am

Username: Segie
Name: (may have brief explanation)
Segie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shuuu » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:30 am

Username:
    { Sprite.
Name:
    Xanxus (?)
Personality:
[142]
    Tyrant - Ruthless - Pyromaniac - Cold
    You watched with a icy gaze at the trembling forms of those below you. Their bloodied and battered bodies laid motionless, contrary of how they were only a few moment ago. They had to 'courage' to sneer at you, yet, when you showed them their place, the pleaded and beg to be spar.

Low life trash.

You kicked another one ruthlessly, seeing no reaction. Deeming them weak, you pulled out the lighter you have used since you were young. With a simple flick, they set ablaze. Screams of pain resounded in your ears like a gentle Melody. A smirk subtly curved your lips. Slow clapping began behind you, yet you watched as the ashes blow away with the wind, sparks of fire falling. You slowly glanced at the newcomer, bloody amber flashing in the dark.

"Good job, Xanxus."

Last edited by shuuu on Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
press f to pay respect
shuuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rexodus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:30 am

Username: L Lawliet
Name: To be decided uwu
Extra: (1 art piece or 400 words) Art
Extra: (1 art piece or 400 words) Written
Rexodus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fish-soda » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:30 am

ιт caмe aѕ a нeavy вlow, вυт we ѕorтed тнe мaттer oυт
-by arrow29
▂▃▄▅▆▇ recoммended тo lιѕтen тo wнιle readιng ▇▆▅▄▃▂
[from 1:00 to 2:00]

υѕernaмe
bluekato

нιѕ naмe
Iggy Valli
A mix of Frankie Valli
and Iggy Pop.
Also goes by "Wired".

Nevermind the bright
colors, Iggy is a male.

perѕonalιтy

Hardly anything about Iggy's past life, before he was sent to a mental institute, is known; he was diagnosed with Intermittent Explosive Disorder at age 14, and when his episodes eventually turned "out of control", he was taken away.
His parents, when questioned so, said he tended to keep to himself and refrained from interacting with anyone. They thought it was merely a normal phase many children went through. The only diagnoses of a mental issue before was a false determination of Asperger's Syndrome, as his mind moved in an intense pace towards limited interests more than others his age, and he seemed to live in his own world.
However, the mute and glazed-eyed child had changed for the worse. He had a callous, unmerciful attitude, and his anger episodes turned more aggressive. When he'd came at his parents with a knife, they'd called 911 [a natural reaction, eh?], which led to the beginning of his time at the institute.
Despite his disorder, he's just as aware as any other "normal" person, his episodes of rage his only hazard. "Only" was such a low word at the institute, though, and he suffered abuse and was treated like a "demon", just like the rest of them who were in there. He had daily electroshock treatments, so much that he says he has a "glowing appearance".
He felt terrible for the others, and the thought that he, as well as them, were treated as they were was truly "insane". He grew such a strong hatred for those who worked at the institute, yet for the rest of the world, he couldn't care less. He felt stupid [if anything] for once thinking anyone would ever do anything.
After escaping the institute himself, he's felt that it's his job to free all the others, as many as he can. He's already released a great number, making him even more "wanted" [he laughs at the thought; everything was so typical, so similar. So many were living the "life of crime", "assassins and gangsters", that it was ridiculous there was no more originality].
He doesn't always live in his rages, and he can have a sarcastic attitude [all in good fun], as well as an off-colored and dark humored manner. Still, many find it safe to stay away from him anyway [even without knowing his past]; one must never forget he can still go off anytime.

[word count : 400]

arт

Iggy [by Cleverify], in a leather jacket a "greaser" patient had given him -as a "gift" for freeing him-
He wears it quite often, often hiding his hands in the sleeves and "hugging himself" mockingly,
as if he still wears a straitjacket.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Iggy's whole story/personality/etc. is really much more in depth than this...sorry if it sounds vague, you could say word limits are my weakness eheh*. But, I still hope I gave you something interesting to read, despite all of it cx Good luck to everyone else!]
Last edited by fish-soda on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 16 times in total.
    -—-Image
    -𝙰𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙻 | 𝚅𝙸𝙲 | 𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙰

‧̍̊˙· .𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞. ·˙‧̍̊
    abt me ✘ my kals ✘ chars
    |
fish-soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cliffhanger » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:31 am

Username: Flappy
Name: Enzo
Personality: It's very rare to not find Enzo partying on a weekend, he's the perfect example for a party animal. He likes to have the attention focused on him, but too much and he'll get a little nervous. He wont show the nerovusness though, of course. He has a lot of friends and a big amount of his time goes to hanging out with them, most of his friends are male but he has a great amount of female friends too. He's a quick thinker and if he ever gets in trouble, which he does a lot, he quickly finds a way out of it. He also makes up a good strategy when he needs it, it can be for anything really; Sport, get a girlfriend or even to skip doing the laundry because mom got angry on him. He wants everything to go his way, it usually does because of the great contacts he has. He also has access to many places because of these contacts. Enzo is very charismatic and charming which just boosts up his chance by getting his way. He has a very good amount of money and is not wise when it comes to spending it. He doesn't brag about it by mouth, but by items such as vehicles, clothes, accessories and other kind of expensive stuff. Enzo is a Kiamara with really great leadership experience and often becomes leader for many things. His hobby is street dancing, but only does this at home when no one can see because doesn't want to do something wrong and get it witnessed. He has atychiphobia, the fear of failure, but it is very weak and does not affect him very much, he wouldn't even call it a phobia.
Last edited by Cliffhanger on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Closed for commissions • Closed for art trades.
You can also find me on dA and FR

Cliff - In search for another planet, ciao
Cliffhanger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby henley » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:32 am

Username: Ismene
Name: Hotaru (蛍): Japanese name meaning "firefly" or "lightning bug".
Personality: Snappy, harsh, honest, and a bit crude.
Art:
Art:

SO GONNA TRY HARD THIS KIA OH MY
Last edited by henley on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haitus until September 20th

not well, so sorry.
henley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivyy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:33 am

Username:
Ivyy

Name:
明るい
Akarui
"luminous, bright"

Personality:
[word count: 400]
Akarui has a whole lot of attitude and plenty of fire. As a young child, she was rebellious and kept her parents on edge with her reckless behavior. She has always been a thrill-seeker and ever since she was young she has desired for a threat. She is aggressive in the sense that she does not hold back- she goes after what she wants. She isn't shy in the least and can start a conversation with almost anyone. Her voice is loud and opinionated, and god forbid you get in an argument with her because she won't stop until you are wrecked.

Akarui is not a generally friendly girl, and doesn't really care what's going on with other people unless it concerns her or people close to her. However, if a situation or someone catches her attention, she will immediately speak up. She voices her thoughts, but only when she deems necessary. She has a neutral attitude most of the time and can't stand "happy go-lucky" people. She can give off a threatening aura, but she is usually calm with others until they start to bother her.

It usually takes a lot of effort to befriend Akarui. She keeps an outer wall up, and keeps her personal feelings inside. She needs to warm up to someone before she feels comfortable and doesn't trust easily, so she has few friends. She can talk to anyone, but she needs lots of respect and kindness to reach a friendship level with another. When she opens up, you will find that she can be kind and amiable, and a responsible companion. She treats her friends right, but doesn't usually befriend people who are lazy. She isn't often friends with homebodies- not that she thinks anything is wrong with them. She needs aquaintences who will keep her busy.

She is passionate and energetic, which makes it hard for her to sit still. If she stays in once place for too long, it drives her mad. She needs to be doing something all the time, and finds it difficult to relax. She usually does high-energy things, like skating or surfing. She frequently rides skateboards and it is her main hobby, but she'll do anything that gets her heart rate up. In the end, she just wants to have a good time. As long as you are nice to her, she will treat you with respect.

Written extra-
Resilience

[word count: 354]
She'd slipped away during the night. It wasn't tragic or heroic, simply quiet. She'd been ill for months and when the phone rang, Akarui knew. Her heart wrenched in her chest and her mouth twisted into a grimace. She didn't pick up the phone.

The young kiamara had never really been close to her mother. They had occasionally spent time together, but she never truly felt connected with her elder. Despite this, her chest still ached and she craved for some fresh air. She left her house and began walking, no place or destination in mind.

She stepped onward, mind blank and thoughts still, until she was far beyond the last traces of civilization. It was fairly dark outside and mist hung in the air like curtains. The sky above was clear, with bright twinkling stars that offered no comfort. Akarui stopped her travels at the edge of the land. Below her, the ground ended abruptly and dropped down to a deep ravine. Said ravine was empty, save for a few scattered rocks and plants.

Akarui let the light wind brush over her fur, and she closed her eyes. She sat in silence for what seemed like hours, letting the brisk night air cleanse her collapsed heart. The loss of her mother would not disrupt her life, despite what she felt now. The last time they had spoken had been months ago, but besides the echoing feeling of loss, she was not upset. Her mother would not want her to mourn for too long. She had taught her that strength was the most important attribute you could have, and to never give up, even when you feel like the world is shattering.

Akarui did not feel like her world was shattering. Even when she opened her eyes and saw her mother standing beside her in the darkness, she held onto her strength. Even when her mother whispered into her ear, I love you, she did not cry. She clamped her eyes shut and held her breath for an eternity, and when she opened her eyes again she was alone.

Alone under the stars.

Art extra
click for full size
Last edited by Ivyy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Ivyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oriole » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:33 am

Username: PeachTea
    Name: Zander
    Personality: (400 word max) socially awkward, nerdy-ish (?)

At first impression, you would think Zander was a masculine, brave type of guy that everyone was friends with, not the shy guy that he really is. He's socially awkward, and is not good at talking to people. Zander usually just can't find the right words to say and is brutally honest, therefore sometimes coming off as either mean or dumb. It takes a lot of patience to become close friends with him, and even then he will never fully trust anyone. He tends to stay away from people a lot because he is worried about how others will judge him.

Zander truthfully is not a very caring person; if a building were on fire he would attempt to save himself only. Selfish is another word that can describe him, although he's not the most selfish person in the world, but he doesn't like sharing things. Especially secrets. Zander rarely trusts anyone with anything, even something as small as borrowing a book. He can't fathom the thought be love, or being with someone. To him a mate might as well just be burden, someone he was to watch out for and protect.

Everyone has a secret obsession, and his is art. He paints, sculpts, sketches, etc.

Extra: (1 art piece or 400 words) art - large pixel thing
    Extra: (1 art piece or 400 words) words - story
Last edited by oriole on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:59 am, edited 9 times in total.
oriole

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me