WME: Dun Splash by Cougar28

Based on Click to view
Artist Cougar28 [gallery]
Time spent 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

WME: Dun Splash

Postby Cougar28 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:27 am

Hmmm... to win this boy I want you to write a short story about him doing what he likes to do best, whatever you may decide that to be. Don't make it too incredibly long, but don't just make it a couple of sentences either. I want it to be descriptive, I wanna FEEL like I'm there XD

SpartanAmethyst wrote:Owner: SpartanAmethyst
Equid's Name: Jarek; Czech name meaning "fierce, strong". [info]
Height: 14 hh
Story:
At the edge of the world, the brave reap their rewards.

Standing at the end of the grass covered cliff, looking down to the raging waters below, Jarek stared down into the canyon with a mischievous glint in his emerald eyes. He could smell the scent of the water that churned white amongst the rocky outcroppings, contrasting sharply against the various grays and browns that mottled the canyon walls. Lifting his head as a warm wind blew his mane back, he closed his eyes and smiled at the feeling of the air tousling his short, striped mane.

Taking a deep breath, the scent of rain and electricity floating on the air, Jarek turned to see the looming dark clouds forming against the soft blue sky. Rearing as if to challenge the forces of nature, his hooves lashing out at the sky, Jarek let free a joyous squeal, relishing the feeling of freedom that he and his herd mates felt. As if in response the clouds released a bolt of lightning, the flash streaking through the dark mass as the first droplets of rain whipped into Jarek's face.

Another whinny drew his attention then, the young stallion turning to see the white equid that was his leader, he and the two mares moving for a cave that lay nestled in the base of a hill. It looked human-made, but long abandoned. "Hurry up, lightfoot!" Arivin yelled, obviously irritated at the young one. Jarek took one last sniff of rain before he bucked, turning around to gallop towards the storm. Three strides and he whipped back to face the canyon, just in time to see Arivin disappear into the darkness. Sure, Jarek could take the easy way and move for the stone bridge that connected the two halve of the plateau, but that wasn't his style.

Lunging forward, Jarek's strides grew longer and more powerful, his legs eating up the ground as the canyon came closer, the typically motionless grass softly whipping the bottom of his legs. One stride left and the dun equid grinned, his hooves coming to the very edge of the ground and he leapt, lifting his legs high as his hind legs left the safety of the earth. For a brief moment Jarek felt weightless, imagining that massive white wings had sprouted from his back and he'd never have to touch the ground again.

Sadly, such was not the case. His moment of glory over, the equid prepared himself to land, transferring his center of gravity forward just in time for his front hooves to hit the hard rock on the other side, sending up small plumes of dust and dirt. Slowing to a stop on the other side, Jarek reared and bucked again, expending the adrenaline that had begun to race through his systems. After a moment to let the rain calm him, Jarek trotted towards the shelter to escape the brunt of the storm descending into the cool darkness with a grin. Which, of course, earned a sigh of exasperation from the white lead stallion.

(He loves jumping, especially ones that are often risky and challenging.)
Last edited by Cougar28 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Livestream: Off

Cougar28

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WME: Dun Splash

Postby stoatkiss » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:31 am

Owner: tiedye7
Equid's Name: Mountain
Story:
WIP
Rhea / it/they/she / adult

formerly Ejecta

TH
x
stoatkiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mewmew. » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:42 am

Owner: Anna Sun.
Equid's Name: Hello Hurricane (Cain)
Story:

The bright day sky slowly began to change in the harsh blowing winds to a deep hair rising gray. This color was one that symbolized the on coming rain storm. The temperature was humid from the on coming storm and Cain could feel the rising moisture of sweat on his skin and fur. If one stood to close to him they could feel the heat radiant off of him like the sun on a blazing day when there were no clouds and no wind to help block its dying heat. Cain threw his head up towards the sky as a warm breeze pushed passed him, blowing through his mane, tangling the thick coarse pieces of his tail. As it went it was accompanied by the first of small droplets of rain. At first it was barley a sprinkle and Cain would just feel the small wet prick every few seconds as they would land on his bare pink nose. And as he moved through the big open rolling green hills that laid at the base of the mountains of which he called home a deep rolling sound of thunder broke threw the sky. The sound made a feeling of mixed emotion rise up in Cain. One of excitement from the thrill of storm, fear from the cracking of lightening, and an over all peace from knowing the pouring of rain would soon come down upon him. Cain pushed his front feet up in a small crow hop of excitement and his muscles ached to go. They longed to stretch his legs out across the wide open area, to carry him into the nothingness of the field, to make him fly with the storm. The rain began to thicken more and more until Cain's long mane was laying flat against his back. The rain water seeped into quadratic colored schemed fur. And it was like a cue to Cain's body to let all things go. With out a second thought Cain found his small hooves beating the grassy plains, mud rose up, and all signs of any other life was bedded down hiding out the storm. Cain thought it best they did while he was out racing the storm, a race he had never won but would keep trying. There was a way the rain landed on his shoulders as he ran that made him long for storms. The thrill of fighting something you knew you could not possibly beat was something Hurricane found intriguing with no doubt.
Last edited by mewmew. on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
all things from me are currently having to wait due to me being sick and pregnant.
muleclancats of the bluegrass
•art by CertainNorth

mewmew.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Freedom! » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:59 am

Owner: Freedom!
Equid's Name: Riley
Story: Riley looked out as he seen others playing around with each other, moving over as he shot a flirty look at the mares, being a flirt as usual. He had hardly gotten a chance to get to the crowd until the game began, he dashed of into the forest, knowing just where he was going. Riley was very good at games which involved hiding and being chased, making this one his favourite. It was a game of Hide And Go Chase, where he first had to hide, then once found make sure that he wasn't caught by the chaser. Once he reached his hiding space he glanced behind him, making sure no one was following before entering the large cave which he had spotted on his way down. It was to dark to see anything, but his hearing was as good as ever when he heard a feral, warning growl. He didn't know what it was, nor did he want to wait around and find out as he dashed form the cave, almost colliding with the chaser before making a swift dodging motion to avoid being caught. He whinnied in success before thundering on though the forest, jumping over a log to make a quick turn to the left, glancing back to see that he was beginning to loose his fellow chaser. That glance had cost him more than he thought it would as he heard more thundering hooves coming from infront of him, seeing who he took to be another of the chasers running straight at him. With no other way to go, he turned again and began running uphill, enjoying the whole chase a the two of them attempt to catch him, but he was having none of it. part of the reason he loved this game was because of the amount of times he had played it when younger, running around was one of his favourite things, to bad uphill wasn't his best skill in the world. As soon as he hit flat land again he put hoove to turf and dashed of, skidding to a stop once he spotted a good hiding space. Moving behind a bunch of trees which were close together, he kept silent as the two chasers ran on past, having not seen him pulling in. It was then he felt the nip on his rump, turning his head to see another grinning wild mountain equid, meaning he’d been caught. Oh well, you win some, you loose some.
I Think I've Got Some Enemies Disguised As Friends.

Work In Progress.
Freedom!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luna~tic » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Owner: Luna~tic
Equid's Name: Forrest
Story: The blistering, blinding heat from the sun shone down on the back of a young stallion. The equid made his way across the rocky terrain of the mountains, the green gaze he was named after, searching the surrounding area, hopeful, yet with a sense of urgency, underlined by a calm serenity and understanding of his loss. The air was dry, and Forrest's mouth was parched. It had been almost a moon since the stallion had seen life, other than the brief visits of curious hawks, and he had only been able to eat the sparse, brown grass that grew between the silver rocks, eager to reach the sunlight, yet disappointed by the lack of water. The equid let out a hoarse whinny, the sound desperate, as he searched for his lost herd. His ears flicked as the cry echoed around him, but with no joyful reply. Saddened, and filled with sorrow, the dun stallion plodded onwards, his emerald gaze searching for a flicker of hope, his ears pricked loyally. As he slowly went on, his thoughts wandered, back to the days of being a careless colt...

The breeze was soft, caressing the autumn leaves as they floated to the ground. Two equids, a young colt and his friend, a filly, were playing around, pawing the ground before charging at each other. The two often spent days like this, yet today was different. There was a ominous presence in the air, that was ignored as the foals lined up next to each other, both facing forwards. The colt, Forrest, pawed the ground. Once, his ears pricked forwards, and his tail flicked nervously. Twice, his mane was tossed with an anxious snort. At the last scrape of the hoof, the two foals were off, their hooves thundering against the hard soil. The trees above and around them, whispered amongst themselves, swaying, as if cheering the two foals to go faster. The wind tangled their manes, their eyes bright with excitement as the world seemed to blur, their hooves seemingly not touching the ground. They were flying, gracefully dancing around the trees. Panting, both foals came to a screeching halt, laughing as the bickered about who had won.

Forrest tiredly flicked his mane, he missed the mysterious filly, and his eyes glistened with unshed tears. Lonely, exhausted, and heart broken, the stallion moved on, barely noticing as dusk fell and the air grew cold.

>>I know the requirement was to write a short story about his favourite thing, but his eyes are just so beautiful, and I was inspired. The flashback in italics is his favourite thing to do - race the mysterious filly. If I somehow manage to win this handsome fella, I will undoubtedly finish the story. :P <<
Last edited by Luna~tic on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I come onto CS maybe once in a blue moon? So don't expect fast replies.
Pretty inactive nowadays as travelling the world keeps me pretty busy, but I'm here now and again for a yarn or even if you want a few pets? Feel free to make a one sided offer, although I retain my right to refuse or edit a trade if there is something I'd want to hold on to for memories sake.
WME herd.
Feel free to PM me if you're interested in adopting one.
Luna~tic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glockenspiel » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Owner: Apppy
Equid's Name: Doyen
Story: Glancing behind him, Doyen quickly trotted into the undergrowth. Sharp sticks and thorns poked and pried at his coat, but he had come this way so many times before that he hardly noticed. The small path weathered down by the hooves of his fellow equids faded away, leaving the forest floor covered in crisp leaves. He snorted quietly, happily, as he relished the crunch of the fallen leaves beneath his hooves. Suddenly, he began prancing about, sending leaves flying and small critters scampering off. Whinnying in delight, he bounded around, every crinkling leaf exciting a new emotion within. An observer might consider the possibility that he'd lost his mind, but at that moment, all Doyen knew was how good it felt to act like a child again.
coming back from a LONG hiatus

wmes meet citrus my characters

I was Apppy, please do not steal
glockenspiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BBAnimelover » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Owner: BBAnimelover
Equid's Name: Seren Syllu (Star Gazer)
Story: The sun was setting, excitement growing in the young stallion. The sky grew dark as the stallion's favorite time approached, midnight. The stars came out one by one, twinkling and shining, growing in numbers and brightness as the light of day faded to the calm black of night. Seren looked up at the starry night sky, wonder in his eyes as he gazed upon the beautiful sight. He took in the swirling deep blues and purples of the night, the dazzling clusters of stars, the glowing moon. He was breathless. Seren loved to watch the stars, his eyes sparkled as a shooting star shot across the sky, he wished the night would never end. He waits every day for the sun to go down and the stars to come out and play. Seren watches the stars for hours, finding a constellation and reciting its name, labeling stars by their type, and taking in the stunning beauty of the night. Star gazing is Seren's favorite thing to do, as the night sky is a work of art, and it is the most amazing sight to behold.
Last edited by BBAnimelover on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
Kuroshitsuji is my love~
BBAnimelover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KAHarder » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Owner: KAHarder
Equid's Name: Pavati
Story:
I heard a snap. My head whipped up and I took in my surroundings. Only a peaceful lake and wispy trees surrounding it. But a sense of unease settled on my shoulders. I sniffed and smelt the air. Fresh, but a hint of something else. Pine? No, oak? Wait a minute--
A solid form hit my body from behind, sending me head first flailing into the water. Spitting out bitter tasting water, I looked into the face of my assaulter.
My brother.
I put on my meanest scowl and proceeded to harp on him. "What kind of fool thing was that? I could've broken a leg with your little stunt! Is that what you wanted, a crippled brother?!"
He looked back at my, no remorse in his eyes. "Aw, shucks, Pav. We both know that wouldn't of happened. And I know how much you love swimming, I was just giving you a push in." The fool had the courage to look pleased with himself.
"No matter how surefooted I am, when somequid sneaks up on me and pushes me in, I could still break something." I was losing my anger. I really did love swimming. With a heave of my back legs I reared up and hooked my forelegs around his neck, taking him down into the lake with me. Oh, he fought of course, but he was no match for me. When I was satisfied with how wet he was, I took off into the middle of the lake. Payback was sweet.
I could hear him splashing after me, slower, but steady. Everyquid knew he hated water, making him a worse swimmer than the rest. "I'm gonna get you, Pav! Just you wait! I'll get back at you for this!" His adolescent voice yelled at me. I had no doubt he would, but for now I was going to enjoy this moment. The one where I was swimming with my brother.
Last edited by KAHarder on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account is dead, please do not PM me anymore.
KAHarder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Owner: SerenWish
Equid's Name: Sorley
Story: There was awe shining in the dark eyes of the foals as their legs quivered with anticipation, their tails all flicking to and fro with the tension in the clearing as the striped hide of the adult in their midst approached the large dead stump. None of them dared to stir more than their tails- no one uttered a word or even dared to breathe. Only a few annoying flies buzzed around the ears of the waiting Equids, as the nice-sized stallion flicked his ears to banish one of the pests, and gathered himself up, springing lightly, like a cat, onto the stump. it was tricky to get all four legs on the stump, and remain in balance. He tottered just a tad, his muscles quivering as he slowly rocked upward, his hind legs drawn tight to his chest, with his hind legs gathered underneath him. His tail was completely still, the plume at the end of it accidentally swishing across the nose of one of the watching foals.
He breathed inward, and rocketed up in the air, his teeth clicking together as he snatched the delicate flower from the canopy above them, carefully clutching onto the stem. The purple blossom bobbed a bit as he landed, with a thump, on the stump, before hopping down to the earth again. He swished his tail and tucked in his head, the corners of his mouth turning up a bit at the cheers and thudding stomps of his audience of foals. He looked proud of himself, before feeling abashed when he heard a soft giggle, a pretty striped mare watching from the trees beyond the clearing. He snorted, before one of the colts nosed him forward, and he trotted over to the treeline, offering the blossom with his ears tipped backward in embarrassment as the delicate doe-like Equid nibbled off an intense vibrant violet petal. The breeze blew through the trees, teasing and soft, as the adult Equids looked into each other's eyes, with an audience staring at them still, giggling softly at this new sort of show.

(Sorley's enjoys playing with and entertaining foals, and, courting his would-be mate.:3 Of course, the foals find the adults giving each other soppy eyes very silly...but entertaining.)
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Froas » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Owner: Froas
Equid's Name:Chepi
Story:
wippppp
Last edited by Froas on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Froas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me