Based on Click to view
Artist SerenWish [gallery]
Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Cottonwood Cross Country and Endurance Event

Postby SerenWish » Tue May 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Alrighty my loves! Welcome to Cottonwood's nature-based competitions! We have an event for English, Western, and simple Pleasure riders this time around! This is a special event that will run for the duration of my hiatus- meaning that you will have two weeks to make your entries all readied up.

We have two competitions going on: a Cross-Country Course and an Endurance Race! You may enter into both catergories. To enter, complete the form below and follow all the following rules!

Rules
-You may enter into both events, but only once for each contest.
-You may not enter with the same horse for both events.
-If you do not have a Cottonwood horse, you may enter with someone else's horse, as long as it is not already entered, and they give their permission (please quote the permission on your form.)
- WIP forms are allowed, but if your form is not finished it will not be included in the judging.
- Please, only post entries on this thread! No commenting/conversations! I will post a thread for brainstorming/chatter about this event!
- Please no complaining! Just do your best :3
-Make sure to follow the instructions of the form closely.

Cross-Country Race
To enter into this race, you have to apply with a horse and then either write a short story or do a piece of art depicting your horse and yourself (or your rider) and one of the jumps/obstacles that I have listed under here.

Racing Application:
Code: Select all
[u]Cross Country Entry[/u]
[b]Username: [/b]
[b]Link to Horse:[/b]
[b]Horse's Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Breed:[/b]
[b]Entry Piece:[/b] (Art, Story, or both)

Jumps and Obstacles (Choose 1-3 jumps/obstacles)
1. Water- This one requires a drop down into a stretch of water, with a short narrow jump in the water a few strides ahead.
2. Bank- A "staircase" of sorts leading upwards, made of turf and wood. This bank has three levels.
3. Stone Wall- Jump made of stone with a log rail overtop, and flowering shrubs flanking either side.
4. Brush Fence- A large log jump with tall flat-topped shrubs directly in front of it.
5. Ditch- A jump with a ditch right in front of the actual wooden rail jump.

Endurance Race
This race is long, and requires a good deal of stamina- many riders trot or even walk parts of this race. Rather than man-made obstacles like jumps and ditches, this race is all about dealing with the hand that nature deals you, and getting a good record. To enter, submit a form and either write or draw a scene from the race with you and your horse- it can be a mess-up or doing just fine! Feel free to use a scenario below.

Racing Application:
Code: Select all
[u]Endurance Entry[/u]
[b]Username: [/b]
[b]Link to Horse:[/b]
[b]Horse's Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Breed:[/b]
[b]Entry Piece:[/b] (Art, Story, or both)

Scenarios
1. A grouse is disrupted from a shrub, flying up in front of you and your horse.
2. The trail up the side of the mountain is a bit slippery with wet leaves and loose stones.
3. There's a swollen stream, not too deep, to cross.
4. A small ravine with the occassional rock falling down, and small animals dwelling in the cracks in the sides of the ravine.
5. A large open field, with a few wild apple trees, and some deer herds.

Prizes
Of course, the most exciting thing is the prizes! ;3

For Each Event:

1st Place: A free custom Mare and Stallion Pair, and the chance to create your own (yes, color in your own) foal from the couple! Also a free sketch by me of the horse you entered with.

2nd Place: A free Custom Mare and Stallion Pair, and a free breeding of the pair for a foal (colored by me.) Also, a free sketch of the horse you entered with.

3rd Place: A pre-created Mare and Stallion Pair and a free breeding of the pair.

Also, ALL ENTRIES will be entered into a draw for a chance to get a custom piece of traditional art by me! All entries will also be entered into a random draw for the horse who is hiding under our banner for this event!

So that's a ton of prizes to possibly get! :D So please enter and have fun!

Judging On:
-How appropriate is the horse for the event.
-Effort in your form.
- Few grammatical/spelling errors.

Link to Event Discussion: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1797270

Last Date for Entries: May 28th.

Have fun! :D If you have questions, PM me! I will try to get back to ASAP!
Last edited by SerenWish on Tue May 14, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cottonwood Cross Country and Endurance Event

Postby SerenWish » Tue May 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Reserved post for winners!
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teresa8oats » Tue May 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Username:

Link to Horse:

Horse's Name:

Breed:

Entry Pieces:

Paribliss takes off at full speed when the second comes, bursting out at full speed, forgetting about everything but what is ahead of us. I try to relax but I can hardly do so. I have been practicing and waiting for this moment forever and now the seconds pass by so quickly. I am thoroughly determined to win this, no matter what I takes! I push him on as the first jump comes in to sight and my heart leaps. I must remind my self to stay calm and concentrate. I get the right speed, check the strides, look over the jump, and LEAP, we fly, landing with a soft thud, 19 more to go! The next jump comes into sight immediately after, it is larger, but I trust Parri to get over. He flyes again. All of the sudden I feel a burst of confidence. The next jump comes up, the stone wall... I give him a push and whisper, "Go". The third jump is now behind us. The next one is small and we get over it quickly, and the next is a log on with an angle to it. 17,16, 15 more jumps to go! We are keeping good time, better than I could have imagined! I was having so much fun! I push Paribless over the brush fence, we almost miss it because he hesitates a little before it and his awkward small stride and extreamly long jump almost gets me off, but I grab him mane and hold on, when we land I get my position back and keep going, the next is the Sheep Fold. Parri does not seem to be having trouble with these, most horses do. We take off and do a sharp bending line with only two strides between, and jump again perfectly. We go up the bank perfectly and that leads to the next log jump and then another. Our only dread is coming, the Water. Paribliss and me have gone thrue this a zillion times but he always is worse at shows. Skidding or bucking when we land. My trainer sais as a joke that he just wants to stay so perfectly clean but I don't know if that is it as I glance down at him. He is covered in dirt and sweat. Then he sees it. I can feel his nervousness as we approach it and he slowes down as we approach it. I give him a kick but I can feel that he is highly considering to refuse it. I bend down and whisper as we gallop towards it, "Go boy! You can do it!" . He hears me and seems encouraged and with all of his might he takes a jump, landing in the water. He looks like a ballerina horse as he canters thru it, his legs lifted so high in his fast canter and when he gets out of the water he takes a big burst of speed and literly gives a small jump in the air as to show he is proud of himself. 11 more to go now. The next three are easy and we pop over them. The jumps are getting harder know. The Wooden stack is Huge and it takes a lot of energy to get over it, His front legs take all the weight when we land and I hope he is not hurt because it did take a lot of strain. We pop over the springboard and the next jump which is quite small. 5! We take a leap up the piano and when we get to the top we go immediately over the jump that leads to the ditch. Paribliss stumbles and I almost lose my seat. He immediately gets back up and I give him a big pat and tell him to keep going. He takes off again. I not trust him completely and no matter what we win this will be one of the most memorial days in my life! The next one is a log, bigger than the others we have gone over. He struggles and fits an extra stride before jump but we manage to get over it. One more. It is huge, much like the first yet it is three times bigger. Starts low and curves up and ofter confuses the horse. This jump depends on me, to tell him when to take of and to tell him when to land. I quickly look at the space and consider how many strides we have between. Four, three, two, one, OFF! It feels so much life flying. Up in the air it is like a pause in time and you take a deep breath and feel like throwing your hands up. I hear a slight scrape of parri's hoof on the jump but we land softly and go for the finish line. I sit their in the saddle for a moment, Patriot Missile galloping beneath me, and think for a second. Here I am, Living. Never would I change my life, never will I forget these moments, these moments I have spent with Horses..."

It is now up to you, tell me, did we get their in fast time, did we get high scoring....

Did we win?

Personality

Being the most beautiful horse in the stable is easy for Paribliss, he does not ask for it.... well... not really, but he enjoys getting it! Strutting his stuff when he is let out into the pasture is so fun for him! Showing off to every mare that he happens to see is also his way of fun! Humans are a different story, yes their are good things about them.... like letting him out into the pasture and feeding him... and making him look beautiful and putting ribbons on his bridal whenever he feels like it(or whenever he goes to a show). Yes, they always end up on him! The best thing about them is the way they 'oooh' and 'ahhh' over him! What is bad about humans! Well, he could will a book with those if he could write! I will name a few.
Remember, they take him OUT of the pastures too! They don't always feed him right when he wants to be fed! They always hold him back or hive him a smack on the butt when he wants to go check out all of the mares when they are riding or leading him into the pasture. Humans are always so stubborn when it comes to getting a snatch of grass then they are leading him somewhere(geese, he's just hungry). Yesterday he was sure their was a monster in the corner! Posative! He was just trying to warn all of the other horses when he took off and broke his riders leg!
well... that is enough for all of the bad things about humans for one day!
He is actually a very nice mount when the riser is firm and in control, He just needs to know who he can trust. All though he never likes being bossed around!
Got an idea of what he is like? Well, let's just say he is not for a beginner.
You might think I am saying bad about him, but, if you do have experience(alot) he is a sheer dream horse.

Paribliss is very competitive and can jump quite well, he loves to show off so I trust he will not "Run out of steam" anytime during the competition as long as people are watching. He has been mostly trained for Hunter and Dressage but when I take him over Cross Country jumps he just flys! You can tell he likes it though he does hesitate getting wet in the water jump sometimes. He is not as fast as I would like but If I attempt to put some leg on him he does speed up. I am mostly looking to get over all of the jumps on him and attempt not to take a visit to the ground!

Username:

Link to Horse:

Horse's Name:

Breed:

Entry Piece:

Personality

Wishes is very enthusiastic about everything in her life. She is very intergetic and could run all day. She knows she is cute and is rarely humble. Feed time is her favorite and people wonder how she stays so slim with all of the food she eats. She gallops like a race horse, jumps like a champ, but is rarely graceful and should never be a dressage horse! Beginners are not quite her thing but can go cool with intermediates. You either love her or hate her, and everyone loves! She is not the most beautiful horse at the stable but her dapples catch some attention.
One thing you can say about her, she never gives up until she is done.
Yesterday was Yesterday, Today is Today, Their is no Tomorrow until Today

Wishes Is just too perfect for endurance! I would never go with another horse. She never stops going and though she might get tired she will not show it until she is dead! She is a wonderful mount if you know how to take the reins and ride. Though she is not as sure-footed as some horses are she does not stumble to often. Having the Endurance, Speed, Smooth Ride, And my trust I belive that we will meet the finish line
Last edited by teresa8oats on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 14 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏───────────────────────┓

linklinklink

Signature Credit || art above by PollyPoos || art on left by ty_tay

┖───────────────────────┚
W E L C O M E
┏───────────────────────┓
CWHR

Text text text text text text
Text text text text text text

┖───────────────────────┚
T O........C O T T O N W O O D

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
teresa8oats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Live.Love.Laugh. » Tue May 14, 2013 12:49 pm

Cross Country Entry
ღ ᙖᗴᖇᗩᘉᓰ

Username:
.Live.Love.Laugh.
Link to Horse:
Berani
Horse's Name:
Selalu Berani Dalam Pertempuran
Berani
Breed:
Mᴀɴɢᴀʟᴀʀɢᴀ Mᴀʀᴄʜᴀᴅᴏʀ
Entry Piece:
Picture just needs color!
Last edited by .Live.Love.Laugh. on Wed May 29, 2013 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
.Live.Love.Laugh.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:CrazyLove:. » Tue May 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Endurance Entry

Username: .:CrazyLove:.
Link to Horse: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1771911
Horse's Name:Winter Storm
Breed:American Quarter horse
Entry Piece:

The sweat dripped off my forehead,stinging my eyes.The heat was just bareable,very hot but not to the point of death.Storm had been with me since he was a foal,and I trusted him to get me to the finish line.The long race was purely based on stamina.Storm was very good at long distances,and I enjoyed a nice long ride.However thing weren't looking so good with his legs working very hard in the heat.He had tripped on nothing just awhile ago.I had run out of water for him just last night when I forgot to take it away from him.Now I was stuck trying to give him my water so he wouldn't get dehydrated.We continued our way along the path now underneath the shade of the trees.The river looked so amazing when we came upon it.I made him trot towards the river.He stopped and so did I.I had fallen right over his shoulder but I didn't care.My knees moved slower on the rocks but I wanted the water.I filled my 10 water bottles and I also filled a 5 gallon jug that Storm had been caring on his back.I was glad to drink the water and give storm a break but if we were to finish the race we had to keep moving.

----------

Storm kept moving his feet at a steady fox trot which we had mastered a while ago.This helped up with stamina and balance as we along the trail.I had stopped at a river yesterday and was looking at my map as we stopped by a big oak to rest and eat lunch.I gave Storm a half scoop grain and A quarter scoop of oats.I included some molasses to get some sugar into his system.I ate a peanutbutter sandwich and an apple.Then it was time to get going again.

-----------

Storm was unbelievable the last 8 miles of the race,I could not have asked him or will ever ask him to do anything like that again.He trotted and loped like nobody's business.Not once did he ever slow to a walk...not once.I couldn't believe that Winter's boy had been going on so well.I certainly thought that I would need another foal of Winter's one day.After all Storms hard work I found out that his blood pressure had risen to an outstanding rate and that if he had gone any further....his heart would have bursted.I am glad for the fact the we finished the race together.
Last edited by .:CrazyLove:. on Sat May 18, 2013 6:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
.:CrazyLove:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Tue May 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Forgot to say. You may try out for BOTH events, just with different horses, and you can only enter each event once.

Also- you may post your forms in the same post or in different posts, as long as their is no spamming conversation. Thank you! :3

No spamming includes "Updated my form"! I promise, I will see it when you edit it. :3
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Tue May 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Cross Country Entry
Username:
ty_tay

Link to Horse:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1624266

Horse's Name:
Lady of Valanmir (Vala)

Breed:
Appaloosa

Entry Piece: (Art, Story, or both)
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1809770

Endurance Entry
Username:
ty_tay

Link to Horse:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1772109

Horse's Name:
Sunkissed Sweet (Suik)

Breed:
Mustang

Entry Piece: (Art, Story, or both)
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1801541
Last edited by ty_tay on Fri May 24, 2013 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InkD3ath » Tue May 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Reserved post
InkD3ath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❤ƉяɛαмƆαтcнɛя❤ » Wed May 15, 2013 3:25 am

Endurance Entry
Username:
KissingMare2

Link to Horse:

Horse's Name:
Eternal Day

Breed:
Arabian ( will check again )

Entry Piece:
WIP
ImageWIP
❤ƉяɛαмƆαтcнɛя❤

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xdenmark » Wed May 15, 2013 6:39 am

:|: Cross Country Entry :|:
Username
chrysanthe

Link to Horse
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1751227

Horse's Name
Silvyr :|: A Moonlit Dream

Breed
Gypsy Vanner

Entry Piece
Coming soon
Last edited by xdenmark on Sat May 25, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

╔═══════════════╗

'Cause he’s stronger than you know
A heart of steel starts to grow

When you've been fighting for it all your
life, you've been struggling to make things
right, that’s how a superhero learns to fly
every day, every hour
Turn the pain into power

m'waifu
apocalypse survival bud

╚═══════════════╝
xdenmark