Based on Click to view
Artist palmsprout [gallery]
Time spent 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
54 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kiamara 238 - winner

Postby palmsprout » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:06 pm

What is a Kiamara?
    A Kiamara is a wolf-like creature. They have long, fluffy manes on the top of their heads, running down between their shoulders. They all have spots on their bodies- a trait in which will never be bred out of their DNA. They also have feathers- every Kiamara is given feathers when they reach the age of 2 years old. Their diet consists of fruit as well as meat- they prey on similar creatures that wolves would. Kiamara can be very shy before they get to know you. Can you win a Kiamara's heart?

owned by Apppy!
Last edited by palmsprout on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara 27

Postby Sphye » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Hmm, this is the first Kiamara that has caught my eye. I'll definitely try for her.

Sphie
Faute De Vol
It translates as "For want of flight" or "Lack of flight". Sometimes she is called Voli.

Female
When Voli was a child, her favorite thing was to watch the macaws fly in the morning air.
One morning, sitting with her mother, she asked "Momma, why don't we have wings?"
"Well, some creatures are born with their wings on the outside, so they can toss themselves into the air; But others, they have wings in their hearts, so they can dream and hope. You, and I, and all of the other kiamaras, have wings in our hearts."
Voli has never forgotten this proverb given to her, especially when her mother presented her her own pair of red feathers.
Last edited by Sphye on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sphye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara 27

Postby Ravendarus » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:15 pm

username;; Ravendarus
name;; Lillybelle
gender;; Female
why are his/her feathers red;; When she was young she found a bird, It was a Cardinal, she fell in love with it's colours and tried her best to get them. The bird would always fly away. Lillybelle tried everyday to get those feather's to no avail. When she was full grown she had grown green feathers, but she hated them. She walked into the forest sad as could be, her friend was gone. She loved that Cardinal with all her heart and when his time came she dyed her father's red with strawberry juice. From that day on her feather's have always been red.
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara 227

Postby GrayStar51 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:18 pm

username;; graystar51
name;; rowlande ; rowe for short {Pronounced roul-land}
gender;; male
why are his/her feathers red;; Originally had a different color, but He was painting the roses red for her majesty, the Queen. ;3 A little Alice in Wonderland reference there. Rowe loves to plant things. He plans all kinds of things that really shouldn't be planted, such as toys, food, old lost teeth, just about anything he finds that he wants to dig a hole for. But mostly he loves to plant red flowers. Roses, carnations, tulips. he will even plant white flowers, just to put them in a vase with red dye water to turn them red.
Last edited by GrayStar51 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
GrayStar51

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tempest Rain » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:19 pm

This is a beautiful Kia<3
Last edited by Tempest Rain on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tempest Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glockenspiel » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:22 pm

ImageImage

username;;
    Apppy
name;;
    Citrus
    Named for her melon-like fur coloring and sweet, bubbly personality
gender;;
    Female
why are his/her feathers red;;
    When she was younger, Citrus was often ignored and overlooked because her fur colors caused her to blend in with the background scenery. She was simply bursting with energy and ideas, but half of that had to be spent on getting other kias to notice her. No matter how clever or revolutionary her ideas were, she always seemed to disappear right in front of others' eyes, and they would slowly lose interest in what she was saying. Out of frustration, Citrus ceased her endeavors of curiosity and became as silent and invisible as her coat made her seem. In an effort to bring out the old Citrus, her parents brought her a few bright red feathers, hoping they would snap her out of the daze she had been in. Needless to say, it worked.
coming back from a LONG hiatus

wmes meet citrus my characters

I was Apppy, please do not steal
glockenspiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Beta. » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Dropping out c:
Last edited by Beta. on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am Patches101

Beta.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TasteTheSun » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:30 pm

username;;
TasteTheSun

name;;
Terriene

gender;;
Female

why are his/her feathers red;; (limit 100 words!!)
When Terriene was just a little Kia, she for unknown reason had a vicious love
for red birds. It was the color that was so intriguing. She would watch them
for hours, maybe even days. She would just look at their beauty and how they took care of each other.
She would always carry a journal or note book with her to write about what she learned about these red cuties with feathers.
One day, she found a couple of red, glossy feathers. She kept the glossy feathers to remember all of the red cuties she used to watch.
sadly quitting I just don't have time for CS anymore
TasteTheSun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ardra » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:46 pm

username;; Ardra
name;; Saffron
gender;; Male
why are his/her feathers red;; Always, sick and miserable throughout all of winter, his friends would try to bolster his spirit, but to no avail. One winter a Cardinal flew to his window and began to chirp noisily. No amount of yelling or making noises would get rid of him. Finally going outside he found the bird was gone but in its place were feathers. Sneaking up from behind, his friend began attacking him with snowballs, and soon Saffron found himself having loads of fun. He keeps the feathers now to remind him of the bird who forced him to go outside and love winter.
Love of my Life

What should I even put here now?

I do stuff on here sometimes...
Ardra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purpledirewolf2019 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:01 pm

ImageImageImage
PurpleDirewolf2015

Jazz. It was the first name that popped into my head when I saw him. Green is a color that represents tranquility and even luck and health, which is to me, jazz music does the same thing. The yellow to me represents the instruments; the saxophones (best instruments ever) and trumpets (not as awesome as saxophones).

Jazz is a male.

Image:

The reason Jazz's feathers are red goes back to when he was a pup. Jazz always loved music. He got his name because he was literally born singing instead of crying. One day, he went on a walk as a young pup through the forest. He was whistling some smooth jazz when a small Summer Tanager started to sing with him. The red songbird and Jazz sung together all the way back home. Because the bird seemed to match Jazz's personality, his parents gathered some of the Summer Tanager's feathers and gave them to Jazz when he turned two.

Edit: Fixed pictures that suddenly stopped working
Last edited by purpledirewolf2019 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
EXP grinding for this character! Click him for more info!
purpledirewolf2019

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me