Based on Click to view
Artist Wind Song [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
54 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kiamara 203~ Adopt me!

Postby Wind Song » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:36 pm

What's a Kiamara?
A Kiamara is a wolf-like creature. They have long, fluffy manes on the top of their heads, running down between their shoulders. They all have spots on their bodies- a trait in which will never be bred out of their DNA. They also have feathers- every Kiamara is given feathers when they reach the age of 2 years old. Their diet consists of fruit as well as meat- they prey on similar creatures that wolves would. Kiamara can be very shy before they get to know you. Can you win a Kiamara's heart?

An Easter themed darling <3 (Joining the frenzy)
I'm not sure why bells remind me of Easter lol. This kia also resembles the spring we're all hoping to finally show up :T

Short story~
''I live in the snowy mountains of Greenland and I always get quite lonely at this time of year. Spring is the only true thing that brings me happiness, up here it's so bright, but silent... all that can be heard is the clink clink clink of my bell...''

To try out for her/him please fill this out~
Code: Select all
 [b]Username:[/b]
[b]Kia's name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Finish the short story above:[/b]
[b]Art:[/b]

~The short story you finish can be no longer than 300 words (including what I've written) yep it's short so make it sweet.
~Only 2 art pieces please- One must show this kia finding the very first blooming flower, representing the coming of spring. Make it unique, creative, emotional etc. Just think of how you would feel after finding that little bit of color in the blue and white you've been surrounded by for so long c:
The other piece of art can be anything you like n.n Both can be ordered or drawn by you.
~Extras are not allowed.

~End date: 20th of April (Lol it's Cucumber 1st, nice one CS)~
(May change a little.)

Good luck!
Last edited by Wind Song on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

hello !
call me windy ~

D A M s

''and then i felt
chills in my bones ''
Wind Song

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara 203~ Adopt me!

Postby Kiesen » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:38 pm

I live in the snowy mountains of Greenland and I always get quite lonely at this time of year. Spring is the only true thing that brings me happiness, up here it's so bright, but silent... all that can be heard is the clink clink clink of my bell...

Though its not all bad... Silence is good for a writers muse, did you know I was? Oh be quiet Fawn! The person reading this already knows only artist of the pen would create such a silly journal...

Anyway, here in "Green"land it isen't all that green... Why did they even name this place Greenland when its nothing but Ice and Snow most of the year. My ancestors must have seen a diffrent land... or atleast it means something I don't know.

Anyone that see's the equinox savors every last bit of it as for it dosen't last as long as your American's Spring. Well weather wise anyway...

If my calculations of the sun's position and the weathers state it should be April that means the little "flowers" will bloom in the meadows of the rolling hill and mountains. Only if I can keep those goats away from them...
Last edited by Kiesen on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kiesen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby terrier » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Username:
terrier.barks, but if you don't know me (which you do) I'm also known as Terrier.

Kia's name:
Melanie Jo, the little southern bell from down the road. <3

I mean...if you see him/her as a male...I just can't.

Finish the short story above:
March 19th, 2013. 13:45:29 PM

''I live in the snowy mountains of Greenland and I always get quite lonely at this time of year. Spring is the only true thing that brings me happiness, up here it's so bright, but silent... all that can be heard is the clink clink clink of my bell...''

~
as walk along the mountains. I travel, almost all day at sometimes. I only look for one thing though as I travel.

The 4th rarest flower in the world, the Ghost Orchid.

I've always been a nomad. Just know, I have a purpose for it. I've heard rumors that on top of the tallest mountain in Greenland (Which is Mont Forel) is were the beautiful flower lays, waiting for everyone to come and see it bloom. I just had to get there in time.

So for the last month and 1/2 I've been climbing, until I got to Mont Forel , which is where I am now. I'm walking up the rocky path, my bell ringing softly in the cool breeze. It was soothing to be alone. No one could bother me, I could just enjoy nature, independently.

I really liked it.

~

March 20, 2013. 20:13:16 PM

I did it. I made it to the top of Greenland.

So right now, I'm in my warm tent, camping out until tomorrow morning, when spring finally comes and I can watch the Ghost Orchid bloom for the first time in a few millenniums.

That's a loooooooooong time.

I really can't wait. I got to go to bed know though, so good night.

~

March 21, 2013. 7:59:45 AM

Eeep! I'm all alone, and I'm about to watch the greastest thing in my entire life happen. I've only got to wait 15...14...13...12...11...10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...

GASP <3

~

Art:
xXx
Last edited by terrier on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
----

tumblrdaask.fm
terrier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Username: .:Dream:.
    Kia's name: Arctic Bell
    Finish the short story above:
    Bell wrote:''I live in the snowy mountains of Greenland and I always get quite lonely at this time of year. Spring is the only true thing that brings me happiness, up here it's so bright, but silent... all that can be heard is the clink clink clink of my bell...''

November 15th : 2013 : 8:30 pm
    i have been up on this mountain for more than 3 days now, and no-body knows. but i know, i know why im here. im here to watch the cotton grass start to grow and bloom. but, it takes almost 5 days for this beautiful process to take place. to get up this mountain takes 4 days, and tomorrow, i know i can reach the top. i am a photographer, a photographer of nature itself. this year i knew i needed to do the arctic cotton grass, since my pillow is made from it.

November 16th : 2013 : 12:30
    its mid-day now, and i have reached the top! it is nice and flat up on this mountain top, even better for the cotton grass to grow. i have set up my camp, and i hope no one else comes. all i want to hear is the clink clink clink of my bell, and the wind blowing the grass around. but, all i can hear is my clink clink clink, and its soothing for me now. now, this makes me sleepy, and its always good to have a mid-day nap on your cotton grass pillow."

Art: by bear
    i wont have time to do art by myself, but whoever wins mill be able to keep the art~
Last edited by fruitbat on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

x
────────────────────────────
hi, call me fruit!

toyhouse listography
always down for a chat! feel free to
pm me or message my discord:
fruitbat#4089

signature art credit
ImageImage
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Missy. » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:56 pm

WIP

Username:
Kia's name:
Art:
going to be on hiatus, i'll come on time to time
.Missy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby knifedoq » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Earth laughs in flowers.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Username:
Hi, I'm f r o s t. I think you may have seen me around CS.
Kia's name:
This Kia would be named Fleura, kind of a derivation
(and I created that!)
of the word fleur, meaning flower in French

Gender;;
If I were to win this sweet Kia here, it would be a female. In
my eyes, this Kiamara just doesn't look right to be male.

Finish the short story above;;
I live in the snowy mountains of Greenland and I always get
quite lonely at this time of year. Spring is the only true thing
that brings me happiness, up here it's so bright, but silent...
all that can be heard is the clink clink clink of my bell. I look
around myself, my bell clinking ever so sweetly, the first blossom
has bloomed, a light periwinkle blossom in the half light. I smile
and walk towards my home.

word count 79.

Art:
wip, I'll be getting it done soon.
-evil look-
Last edited by knifedoq on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
knife - they/them - gay nb - adult
im not really on here anymore
knifedoq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kibbleeCat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:40 pm

J o r d a n

U s e r n a m e
I am -daisy-

N a m e
She is Jordan

G e n d e r
Jordan is strictly female

S t o r y
Work in progress

A r t
Work in progress

All photos (c) me
Last edited by kibbleeCat on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kibbleeCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellyenchanted » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:45 pm

ImageImage 

Please just call me ● Dew ●

Niviasiaq

- Niviasiaq is Greenland's national flower. It means 'young woman' c: The pretty flower is also known as the broad-leaf fireweed. Its found all over the country- especially in sandy riverbeds and stony soils c:

Female

''I live in the snowy mountains of Greenland and I always get quite lonely at this time of year. Spring is the only true thing that brings me happiness, up here it's so bright, but silent... all that can be heard is the clink clink clink of my bell and the sweet songs of birds. I have never seen anyone that's like me...just reindeer, wolves, arctic foxes etc. Sometimes even a polar bear! None of them understand what it's like to be the only one of their kind. Sometimes I wonder if I ever had a family, a kind mother and protective father to care for me.

Up ahead I could see a river, the water rushing and spraying everywhere. I stared at it with a grumpy look on my face. Really? I didn't want to cross it, but I could smell the fain scent of delicious berries over the smell of fish. I sighed, looking for a way to cross. To my left their was a big log creating a bridge over the deadly river. Shrugging, I trotted up to it. "Well here goes nothing.." I muttered. Daintily leaping on the log, I carefully made my way across. It was about the middle of the fallen tree when I felt it shake. I dug my claws into the bark as best as I could, but it was no use. I was swept off my feet and plunged into the ominous river.

I thrashed around as my head was forced underwater by the killer current. I tried to shriek but my lungs filled with water. My muscles grew sore as I tried to escape. If I couldn't get to the surface now, I would be facing a watery grave. Suddenly I could feel big jaws grasp my neck. It was slightly painful as I was yanked above the surface by my anonymous savior. The creature pulled me out of the river with ease. And when I looked up, I saw big green eyes of a wolf stare back at me. It was huge and had pure white fur. As I watched the wolf disappear into the surrounding woods, I just couldn't figure out why that wolf would save me....and I guess I'll never know.

Hello! ~ by me
The first flower! ~ by me
by me
Last edited by ellyenchanted on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:36 am, edited 28 times in total.
ellyenchanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vee. » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:00 pm

I've decided to drop out of this contest, sorry~
Last edited by vee. on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hi, I'm Vee and I love you! ♥
    » I was Vellamore previously~
    » I am taking a temporary break from CS while I get my life in order. I will return someday!! Contact me on dA at yes-deer or on Discord at vee#2913
    » Commissions are closed.

about medA account
my kalons

vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me