79 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Female Nocturne Rune

Postby Benathorn » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:11 am

Shivali

Owner: ~Bast~
Breedable: Yes
Type: Nocturne Rune

"The Shy One of the Night"

Nocturne Runes are special little dragons that only appear at night. They love to consume firelight flies, a rather large lightning bug which inhabits Eldemore, and it is also their main food source. The females of this species are not as grand and bright as their male counterpart, but both are known for their soft and somber glows which flicker in the night. With every heartbeat this Rune gives off, so too does its glow beat in kind. These dragons are very shy creatures and when spotted, often hide behind their wings as a show to let others know they mean you no harm and do not wish for any confrontation. They go out of their way to avoid others and are mainly seen in small groups of their kind. The females are usually seen with soft green or blue markings while the males boast gold or red hues with elaborate designs. This female in particular is especially unremarkable in design for those of her kind and tucks herself away behind her wings often. She is not used to human touch and I get the feeling that she believes she is not as grand as the other Nocturne Runes. She will need someone special to show her she is a beautiful creature and that her shy behavior is nothing to be ashamed about. There is nothing wrong with simply being who you are and this little Nocturnal Rune needs to be shown that. But be soft with your words, she does not respond well to loud voices or boisterous Runes and will run away and hide herself if frightened. She is only ever active at night though and seems to disappear during the day, but perhaps coercing her with her favorite bug may help claim her trust for you.

Judging for forms ends December 12th midnight CS time.

Rules

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release. Do not make the winner feel bad because you're sore about losing.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Code: Select all
[center]
[b]Owner Name:[/b]
[size=85](Your Username goes here)[/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[size=85](Dragon's Name goes here)[/size]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[size=85]Female[/size]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[size=85](What is the dragon's personality like?)[/size]
[b]Why do you wish to have him/her:[/b]
[size=85](State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)[/size]
[b]Where will you keep him/her:[/b]
[size=85](Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)[/size]
[b]Would you like to breed him/her in the future:[/b]
[size=85](This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)[/size]
[b]Any Quirks:[/b]
[size=85](Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)[/size]
[b]Other:[/b]
[size=85](Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)[/size][/center]
Last edited by Benathorn on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nocturne Rune

Postby Mysty Fox » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:17 am

Reserved for my form. Beautiful rune Benathorn!

Owner Name:
Mysty Fox
Name:
Illusion's Grace
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
Why do you wish to have him/her:
She's gorgeous, and those eyes! But it was truly her story that made my heart ache. That blinding fear of being not good enough ripped heart apart, because I know that feeling, and it is not pleasant. She needs to be loved vastly and understood with a quiet knowledge of that pain.
Where will you keep him/her:
Character Thread, Signature, and in the (to-be completed) Rune Thread.
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Yes.
Any Quirks:
(WIP)
Other:

.:Story:.
When the Shy Night Met the Gentle Light

((WIP))
Last edited by Mysty Fox on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mysty's Spot
Listening To: Fight Like A Girl - Emilie Autumn
Working On: Surviving the cold...
Mood: Cold…
Art Commissions: Closed.
Art Designs/Competitions: Open
dA: TaushaShea
Quote Of The Day: "For there is no such thing as justice,
all the best that we can hope for is revenge"
Character Thread: Runes/Characters
Checking Out: Eldemore

Mysty Fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:17 am

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Owner name;;
Flowerdust
Rune bearer info;;
.Name.
Lenora Q.

Name;;
Leila
Name meaning;;
Leila has many meanings such as 'night' in Arabic, in Hebrew it means 'night' or 'dark oriental beautiful' and in Persian it means 'dark haired'
Gender;;
Female
Personality;;
-|Shy|-|Kind Hearted|-|
Why do you wish to have her;;
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
Last edited by Flowerdust on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wifflebee » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:20 am

Sorry, I love her, but... I don't have the time. D: </3
Last edited by Wifflebee on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
{ She/Her | My dA | Discord #2644 | The Fish Bowl | Toyhou.se}
[| Commissions;; OPEN |]
*Currently open for feral character design commissions ONLY. Message me! c: USD Only, sorry! :c

Wifflebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Feliaglow, Lurker Of Midnight And Lover Of The Moon

Postby Kirbylover901 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:21 am

☽ƒєℓιαgℓσω- ѕну ℓυякєя σƒ тнє мι∂ηιgнт нσυя☽
Owner Name:
Kirbylover901
Name:
Feliaglow

When I saw this little creature, I immediately thought of a cat. She also definitely glowed, but I didn't know how to combine the two to create a name that didn't sound bad. Then it clicked; I could make this rune my first warrior-cat style named rune, named Feliaglow! I hastily reserved the name, knowing it would be gone soon. Now, of course, I have become attached to the cute and simple name, and would never give it up for another, no matter how good it is.

Birthday:
February 9th, when love is in the air. Feliaglow loves her birthday, although she's not one for love. Kaylee usually leaves a bit of glowing blueberries or a glow-in-the-dark moon sculpture as a present, but rarely it's a gift from the heart.
Bearer Info
☽Bearer's Name
Kaylee. She has no known nicknames from young Feliaglow, other than 'human' or 'my rune bearer'.
☽Bearer's Age
14 years old, not a bad age at all.
☽Bearer's Birthday
August 26th- A day Feliaglow makes something nice for her! It could be a moon sculpture, or maybe a firelight bugs- there's a lot of possibilities for gifts that Feliaglow gives.
☽Bearer's Personality
Kay is a happy-go-lucky, friendly and cool kind of gal. She's not very sophisticated, although Feliaglow doesn't mind this. The things she really worries about are taking care of her family, her rune, and her life. She goes with the flow and is rather defensive, but doesn't snap back to Feliaglow- after all, she doesn't engage with her too much, she just enjoys the things she has and the rare, blissful times she spends with her bearer.
☽Height:
5 Feet tall, that's right.
☽Weight:
About 112 pounds or so.
☽Eye Color:
Blue
☽Other Runes:
Moss, Kerrigan, Aurora

Personality:
☽Shy
Feliaglow can't help it- she's shy, rarely approaching or appearing to other creatures. It's even rarer that she speaks, as she prefers watching to engaging. Although curiosity often gets to the young rune, sometimes her instincts force her to stay back. You could say she's antisocial, but Feliaglow prefers shy as it means evasive, hard to approach, antisocial and not one to communicate directly or from afar.
☽Mysterious
Feliaglow is very secretive and mysterious, not telling others about herself in spoken or body language. She figures if she's mysterious, no one can learn her identity and her secrets. Many can identity Feliaglow as a nocturne rune, but can't truly know her gender, personality, name age, or any other of personal details. Although prying eyes can always use outside information to track Feliaglow, she'll never tell them herself.
☽Elusive
Feliaglow could be called a wanderer, as she never stays in one place for too long. Her personality is being elusive and evasive, not letting spying eyes get a good glimpse of her. Feliaglow is speedy to escape any one who watches her, and this is a plus- if she couldn't, she would be captured by someone, other than been befriended by Kaylee. Yet even when Kaylee tries to find Feliaglow, she is probably hiding. Apparently this rune takes it as an extra safety measure- after all, safety first!
☽Kind
One of Feliaglow's hidden qualities is her kindness. She'll help a true friend in need, like a rune 'bestie' or even Kaylee, very rarely. She'll help that animal get up, or give it some water. Perhaps she'll play a tune on her synth. Or maybe she can serve the guest some blueberries, to help soothe their dry throat. In desperate measures, Feliaglow tries to find every way she can to help friends in trouble.
☽Distrustful
Feliaglow isn't a rune who trusts others easily. She'll carefully inspect their actions and personalities to see if someone is trying to be kind but is concealing cruelty, is actually kind, or is just plain mean. This has made her have a bad reputation, but at least she doesn't judge books by their covers- Feliaglow is the type of rune who pays attention and learns what hidden tricks seemingly nice creatures have up their sleeves. It's pretty hard to fool Feliaglow.
☽Brave
One of Feliaglow's stand out qualities is her bravery. Despite all odds, she has the courage to try and achieve her dream. She'll go where no rune has gone before- into that human place, or past the safety of her fence, not that she has one. This makes her slightly unlike most nocturne runes, as her bravery only breaks through in dire moments, but having a sense of bravery is better than being cowardly, hiding from everything and life, not having the will to try.
☽Worrier
Feliaglow is a worrywart. Her mind is almost always filled with doubtful thoughts, worrying about if she'll survive her adventure. She can't get over her worries too easily, and often neglects going somewhere or visiting someone just because of her worries. This often deters her, and makes her feel ashamed to not do the right thing, but in rare cases she keeps on going, despite venomous thoughts that come up. Sadly, even those perfect moments don't stop Feliaglow from worrying.
☽Careful
Slow and steady wins the race for Feliaglow. She doesn't dash into a suspicious area without carefully checking it to see if it's safe. Even if a cave is chock full of firelight bugs and moon sculptures, Feliaglow always checks to see if it's safe. You never know- it could be a trap. Besides physical awareness, she also has a sense of self-consciousness- Feliaglow is careful not to reveal any details about herself in any way. You can never be too cautious, can you?
☽Curious
Curiosity kills the cat, so they say, but Feliaglow has remained alive for a while despite her curiosity. When she's on top of her game, she dares to explore where no rune has gone. Occasionally, Feliaglow also follows mysterious runes but doesn't tell them, a form of spying. This isn't out of greed or meanness, as Feliaglow only follows others to find out what they're doing. She doesn't try to be offensive- Feliaglow is just very curious about what the world has to offer.

I love glowing things, and cats. When I saw this popular, almost feline rune up for grabs, I immediately posted my form up. There's so many things I love about Feliaglow... her colors, her bio-luminescence, her feline appearance. I also love nighttime and space, so I decided she would be one with the night and moon- a perfect, unique rune I lack and would love to own. She also reminds me of some game elements I see, making her a perfect, nostalgic reminder of those days when I could fight bosses all day, if you know what I mean.
There's also so many art and story possibilities for Feliaglow, with her tendency to explore and go out at night. I've been quite busy making bushels of art and colorful tales full of friendship, adventure, and hope. She even works perfectly with my other runes- Aurora, Moss, and Kerrigan- for story characters. There's billions of possibilities! With so much devotion I've put into Feliaglow, I couldn't possibly think of giving her up.

Favorite Food:
Firelight bugs, of course! She loves them to pieces. Her second favorite is probably small blueberries, with are nice and juicy.
Favorite Gemstone:
The moonstone, of course- it even has the name of the moon in it.
Favorite Song:
SOS, by ABBA.
Favorite Constellation:
Draco, apparently Feliaglow likes snakes... or dragons.
Favorite Number:
8. I have no clue Feliaglow adores this number, unless in the future she tells me.
Least Favorite Food:
Any type of meat- Feliaglow slightly considers herself a vegetarian, although she isn't a total one.
Least Favorite Gemstone:
Opal. It has too many colors and is too bright for poor Feliaglow.
Least Favorite Song:
Anything loud, depressing or too upbeat.
Least Favorite Constellation:
Ursa Minor. You'd think she'd hate Ursa Major, but she despises the smaller bear- apparently, it's worse for some reason.
Least Favorite Number:
96. I have no idea why Feliaglow has chosen this number to despise, even if it's a multiple of eight.
Everywhere, everywhere! My character thread, pampered and content with adorable art and awesome stories, and full of joyous firelight bugs! It would be a pity to under-spoil her with stories, so you can expect billions of characters composed of her adventures! Feliaglow's life as a wanderer in CS will be eventful, exciting, and detailed.
She probably will decline, but in very rare cases yes.
Relationships:
Speaking of Feliaglow's love life, she also has some... interesting relations with Kaylee and her runes. I can explain it to you, if you care to listen...
Kaylee
Feliaglow isn't best friends with Kaylee, but she's still a partial friend. They buy each other gifts, hang out together sometimes, and help one another. She is a girl, of course, and Feliaglow favors this. But Feliaglow doesn't truly, always want to be together with Kaylee. She's perfectly happy to go out on her own, needless of her bearer's supervision. Other times she just wants to be alone outside, with the moon for her only companion. Of course, there all also times Feliaglow would rather be with Moss or Aurora, which is fine with Kaylee, most of the time. Although Feliaglow enjoys Kaylee's help and care, she's not content to spend all day with her bearer.
Kerrigan
Feliaglow doesn't like Kerrigan, at all. In her opinion, she's too rough, noisy, and mean. She always teases poor Feliaglow, who runs away. These are some of the many reasons she wouldn't invite Kerrigan to an all girl night, or a sleepover, or anything else festive. The giganto rune would destroy and ruin everything, except maybe Feliaglow's prized synthesizer. Kerrigan has a mind of her own, a quality Feliaglow doesn't really care for. If a reason had to be made to spend time with Kerrigan, it would be if Feliaglow was writing. Kerrigan's imagination is as grand as her body, flying free of any obstacles. In any other case, however, Feliaglow would be more than overjoyed than to spend time alone instead.
Moss
You could say Feliaglow is pretty neutral with Moss. He's not too loud or too mean, but a bit too different to be a friend. He's not an enemy, but not a ally, either. For one thing, he's always has art on the brain and seemingly has no time for friends, even if he really does, especially when he has artist's block. He also has a decent imagination, and a long attention span, but he lacks good qualities Kerrigan and Kaylee has. If his imagination was bigger, he wouldn't get artist's block but spend less time with Feliaglow, so you could say she's glad about his imperfections. He's not a big character in Feliaglow's life, Moss, but he is a minor, notable rune. He's supporting, kind, and persistent- some qualities Feliaglow wishes Kerrigan had.
Aurora
Perhaps the best relationship Feliaglow has is to Kaylee's newest rune, Aurora. She's kinder than Kerrigan, and more outgoing then Moss. She's a girl, but a caring and nice one versus Kerrigan. If she had a choice, Feliaglow would spend all of one day with Aurora- looking at each others wings, marks, or just chatting about life. Aurora also is one of the few creatures the nocturne rune can talk to without stuttering, besides occasionally Kaylee and other Nocturne runes. Over time, a great bond has formed between the two runes, and occasionally they go on girl nights- just for the exclusive girls! Girl nights are one of Feliaglow's favorite holidays, besides Christmas and her birthday.

Any Quirks:
☽Her Moon Obsession
Feliaglow admires, obsesses about, and even howls to the moon. It's like a glowing white friend, hanging over you and guarding from all dangers common at midnight. She has a small hoard of pictures and trinkets having to do with the moon, and tries to keep one close at daytime so it can guard her from the sun's fierce wrath. This rune often thinks about the rune, draws it, loves it... Feliaglow is truly obsessed with the moon, as you can imagine.
☽Her Quest To Find Firelight Bugs
Feliaglow also loves, hoards, and devours Firelight bugs! Being her main food source, Feliaglow is always on the hunt for the elusive creatures. Whether its summer or winter, dusky dawn or late night, you can expect Feliaglow to look for Firelight bugs, especially when she's going out for a session of moon howling. They taste umami, according to Feliaglow, a word for savory and sweet. No matter what they taste like, smell, or look like, Feliaglow still loves the little bugs.

☽The Moon
Feliaglow's friend for life is the moon. It never bites back, shrugs her off, or argues that it's doing something else. The moon doesn't talk, just watch an help her through dire situations, whether it's hope or an idea that it gives Feliaglow. This young rune even gives offerings to the celestial body,
☽Cellos
One instrument Feliaglow likes is the cello. It has a calm, bass line in many pieces, and isn't as high-pitched as a violin. It's smaller than the bass, but still very big compared to Feliaglow. It also has long strings, perfect for plucking. It's sound is also more pleasing to a quiet-preferring rune like Feliaglow, with a lower-pitch. A high sound from another instrument might be a bit too high. Although I like the cello too, I can't truly understand why Feliaglow likes this string instrument so much.
☽Quiet Nights
Quiet nights are Feliaglow's favorite type of nights- not noisy, or buzzing, silent nights are just perfect. Even better are Firelight bug-filled quiet nights, but regular silent evenings are just find. They give her time to think, gaze at the moon, relax. On a noisy night, Feliaglow may very well have to cower away from the sound, or try to block it out. On a quiet one, that step is already done. If the world had nice quiet nights everyday, Feliaglow would be eternally content- it may not come true, but a rune can dream of change, can they not?
☽Synthesizers
I honestly have no idea how a peace and quiet lover of a rune likes synthesizers, but apparently Feliaglow does. Perhaps its the wide variety of sounds it can play, or the sounds themselves, which are unique and like heaven to the ears. Ever since she discovered the beauty Kaylee made her, Feliaglow has fallen in love with it. So many dials and buttons to push, so many sounds to be heard! Although Kaylee loves synthesizers too, she still can't unravel the mystery of a rune who is cautious and quiet yet goes all-out with synths.

Dislikes:
☽Noise
Feliaglow believes that there is too much noise in the world. She hates any kind of disrupting, bad-sounding, or off-key kind of sound, no matter the source. If it's really loud this rune will run away, although most times she'll just growl menacingly or make herself appear bigger to frighten predators. If the world was quieter Feliaglow would be at peace, blissfully eating firelight bugs all night, but there still is tons of racket, so her dream may not become reality very soon.
☽Hard Rock
Feliaglow likes most quiet music, but hates hard rock, or heavy metal songs. Perhaps it's the beat that offsets her. Or maybe it's the volume, possibly the instruments. Either it's one of those, or the rune just hates it all together, or for another reason. Feliaglow will hide, cover her head up, or growl when she hears hard rock. She'll murmur that it must stop, or rage that something inside her hates the music that's being played. And there's no stutters when this happens- she hates hard rock that much.
☽Most Humans
Although Feliaglow has no grudges against Kaylee, she seemingly has one with every other human. She avoids them, sneaking past them and evading them in fear they may be rune bearers or poachers looking to capture her. Feliaglow even prefers not to read realistic fiction is if involves lots of humans! This is why she prefers fantasy, but that's a different story. Even if some humans are nice, Feliaglow still dislikes them- no matter their personality.

Stories:
☽Meeting The Rune Of Midnight☽
I looked up at the glowing moon, walking on a woodland path. It was a hazy October night, the air cool and fresh while I, Kaylee, am enjoying the great outdoors. I'm rune hunting, looking for the enchanted species of Eldemore. This was the perfect evening to look, as I was in the dark pine forest near my cottage. I saw a teal glow flicker in a bush. A rune? I walked over, but the light was quickly put out. Odd, a shy rune, I thought. I don't see those too often. Getting back on the path, I made no noise to give the creature a false sense of security. Was it brave enough to come out now?

I saw tealish-green eyes appear in another bush, looking around. A horn peeked out. So it was a rune! I approached the bush stealthily. What kind of rune was hiding? I moved the shrub's leaves and saw a small, alien feline creature. It was adorable, glowing and looking at me nervously. "I'm Kaylee." I announced, and the rune scurried away. "Wait!" I called vainly, but the rune was gone. Apparently it didn't like noises too much. Sighing, I quietly gave chase, hoping to befriend it.

Small pattering of tiny feet sounded faintly up ahead. This rune clearly didn't want to be befriended, by the looks of it. Perhaps I could coax it with something... but what? I searched through the mental pictures I had of the feline rune. It's tail was glowing! Perhaps it has eaten something, although I couldn't possibly imagine what a rune would eat to make itself glow. Reluctantly, I continued on, hoping to find the adorable creature eating something.

Peeking out behind a large oak, I watched the rune. If I was to coax it and befriend it, she would need a name; assuming the rune was female by it's decorations. Upon closer inspection, it was eagerly licking up lightning bugs- firelight bugs! Perfect. I called, "Come on, can you be my friend?" I said loudly. Sure enough, the feline rune skittered away, leaving it's bounty behind. I snatched up the firelight bugs and followed the wandering creature.

This time the rune was looking as if she was going to sleep. Time to coax her- it was now or never. "Here, little rune." I called softly, holding the firelight bugs out. Stirring, the rune got up and looked around. When it saw my offering, it eagerly bounded forward, licking up the firelight bugs and looking at me. "Hi. I'll call you... Feliaglow." I said softly, and Feliaglow went up to me and smiled. So it was friends with me- for now. I led her through the woods to my cottage, with the help of more Firelight bugs.

I carefully placed Feliaglow in a box. I had one for all my runes- Moss, Kerrigan and Aurora. Now she had one, too. Placing the bait in her box, I watched Feliaglow devour the insect. She looked so content with herself. It probably wouldn't last for long, but for now I had a new rune. I felt something in my pocket. it was a stone moon with a firelight bug on it. Was it a gift from my rune? Did she like the moon? Smiling, I put the sculpture on my bedside table. Another new rune- how exciting!

☽Moon Howling☽
Blazing above the dark midnight sky was the moon which I so dearly loved. A rune like myself indeed admired it, even if I was only a shadow of it in its glory. I was going to my secret place to howl at it, something that humans think comes from wolves. They're wrong, though. I howl at it, too. Everyday. Beat that, furry beasts. One like me had the courage to get out and defy the creatures, to shine like a star. I'm not a star, though. Just a shadow of the night.

Carefully I creep into the forest clearing. I know my life depends on me not being seen, and doubtful thoughts creep into my mind. Will I make it? Is some bearer coming for me?Shaking these out of my mind, I boldly trudge on. The moon is calling, within reach from the Teal Cliff. My secret hideaway from life in the shape of a rock. My escape from it all.

Roars of angry creatures echo through the small, narrow, dark area I'm lurking in. It's another one of my well-kept secrets, this eerie and concealed path. It's a mere shortcut to Teal Cliff, a way to safely transverse the marshy land the cliff is located near. Every choice has it's risks, and this one is the riskiest, yet the safest. It's a paradox, if you know what I mean. Unreal, odd, exciting- that's what paradoxes are.

Moonbeams dance through skeletal tree branches as I approach my goal. It's almost like they're beckoning me. Or are they warning me? I can't tell- the language of the moon is complex. Stepping out into the open, I rush over to my spot. It's like a spectral yet blissful dream: no one is here besides me and yet it feels like spirits are all around my place. Honestly, it's creepy. But my objective hasn't been completed. I must do, like I have so many times before. I lift my head up and howl to the moon.

"Ahwooooooooooooo!" My cry echoes through the valley below. Even the moon seems to be shining a bit brighter, as if it's acknowledging me. I turn tail and sprint back, eagerly awaiting that elusive thing called safety- it's elusive and rare, like me. Mysterious, too.

I notice the moonbeams end as I rush along. It;s like the moon is whispering to me to go on. I feel like something is chasing me... something dark. It's just so ominous that it's unrecognizable. But there's n time to think about that... unless I wish to die here. I for one, do not.

Jumping into the bush I sleep in, I observe the woodland quietly. Surely something will come and devour me, pray tell it doesn't kill me first. I curl up, the moon shining ominously over the forest. Tomorrow I shall go again. And again. Every day I shall howl at the heavenly body of rock...

☽Foxfire☽
I follow the trail of glowing mushrooms intently. It was like magic that the luminescent fungi appeared to a shy rune like myself. While I was exploring the human house I saw it, thinking the moon had left its place and came in the form of glowing plants. It was true- I knew my destiny lay at the end of this path. The farther I went, the more it seemed the fungi inhabitants were sparkling: anything could happen.

At this point I was near the end, and positive the surrounding flora were imbued with some kind of Aura. It could be dark magic, but the moon wouldn't lead me to death. I doubted that highly. Advancing on the dark clearing, I saw a glowing orb. It stood out from all things around it, seeming more like a wisp then flowery ball. I approached it. Nothing. Stared at it. Not much. I finally touched the wisp, carefully. White beams of light surrounded me, It was like something was changing, transforming- and, most odd of all, it was me!

I looked at the ground. It had gotten smaller, as it I had been lifted up. I pawed- pawed!? I was a wolf, yet it seemed temporary. A growl escaped me. For seasons I had yearned to see what these majestic monsters thought about. Sniffing the air, I knew instantly- meat, a pack, a resting place. Trotting easily on strong legs, I headed towards the clearing. What I saw there was even more surreal- phantom wolves, looking at my wolf disguise wisely. "Wellcommmmmme, young pacccck memmmmberrrr." They chroused eerily,eyes turning towards me. I nodded, and stated shakily in a wolfish voice, "T-than-n-n-k-k-k you." I stuttered. Apparently these things could sense fear, as they replied, "Youuu seeem troubleddd, younng one. What isss yourrrr desirrre?"

I tried to stop from trembling. "Where a-m-m I?" I managed to say. An old-looking white wolf stepped forward. "You, of course, are in Spirit Valley." It sounded so strange to me- Spirit Valley. But I didn't argue. "Ahh." I replied, keeping my voice neutral. But apparently the white wolf wasn't amused. "I have no clue how you got here, your not even an elder yet." Well, of course I wasn't. "Perhappps youuu should leeeeeeave." A voice chorused. The male white wolf smiled. "Unless you wish to die here, you should be leaving." He stated. I nodded, and slowly walked away. It was a long walk back...

I eventually arrived at the foxfire. Oddly, the spell wasn't wearing off. I batted the orb angrily. "I want to be a rune again, not a wolf!" My cry rang out slightly. Oh great- now those wolves were coming to kill me! Luckily, a flash of teal appeared and I was transformed back into a rune. Dashing away, I headed towards the human cottage- it was the only safe place, really, as my friend lived there. She's not really a friend- just a companion, I guess.

Shuffling in, I warily closed the door to Kaylee-yes, that was her name-'s room. No wolves were going to get a Nocturne Rune dinner now! I curled up on my friend's blanket. I finally found peace in a dreamless sleep, knowing that I was safe.... for now.

☽Do You Believe In Magic?☽
Feliaglow looked at the strange, keyboard-like instrument that occupied a space near her box. Why would her bearer place something like this with her? She loved music, but not keyboards or pianos. It was even covered in strange dials and buttons, all colored teal while the rest of the thing was black. Perhaps it was meant for her- the keys even had moons on them! Surely Kaylee was giving it as a gift to her rune? Feliaglow tugged the keyboard over and flicked a green switch. From her experiences, switches like those turned these on. Testing a key, the rune touched a key with her tail gingerly.

A high, perfect and pure trill rang out. It was loud, but heavenly. What kind of keyboard made sound like this? Turning down a large, grey dial with a microphone on it, Feliaglow played another note. A softer, clang of metal resounded in the rune's ears. This keyboard wasn't normal- could it be embedded with a dark spirit? Pushing the evil thought aside, Feliaglow boldly pushed a button. Nothing happened. Perhaps it had something within it, as a white wing was plastered on it. Pretty cool, maybe it was safe to touch a key. Warily, the rune tapped a key.

A sound, purer than snow echoed. It was impossible to describe, a glass organ perhaps. What kind of magic did this thing possess? Feliaglow jumped on another key. Another glassy sound. This instrument was enchanted, there was no doubt about it! What was it called? The rune touched the glimmering letters on the side. S-Y-T-H-E-S-I-Z-E-R. Synthesizer? What was that? Apparently the instrument she had. A magical instrument. Yes.... she liked the sound of it. Magical. Perfect.

Dancing on the keys, Feliaglow listened to the heavenly, pure sounds that her magic-synth (yes, that sounded cool...) made. Perhaps it came from the heavens itself, a gift from the moon. Wherever it came from, Feliaglow knew she could play it all she wanted, with no interruptions. Twisting the dials freely, the rune experimented with her enchanted instrument. So many sounds it could play, it was almost unreal.

Clang! Clap clap! Trillll! Interesting noises came from Feliaglow's room, all a bit loud and surprising. To one of knowledge it might be someone making a one-person band, but any rune bearer knew if it wasn't the bearer, it was the rune that was playing. Feliaglow's teal eyes drifted to a leaf dial, and the rune absentmindedly turned it. Pressing a key yielded a bird chirping. More dials were turned- ones with ghostly faces, one with suns, and even one with a star on it. Most of these produced echoing noises, each in a different key. A final button lay untouched- one with a rune mark, not unlike her own.

A foot tapped on a key. A musical, synchronized, vibrating trill of wind hissed as the action was completed. Perhaps Kaylee made this button just for her, with lots of care. My, this synthesizer was from heaven! Mouth curled in a blissful grin, Feliaglow fell asleep on her present, mind ringing with joyous noise.

☽Feliaglow And The Amazing Mirror☽
Kaylee has been playing Kirby too much. At least, I think it's called Kirby. For 10 minutes, she's been jabbing buttons and using mirrors to go places. Mirrors and Egyptian things don't exactly mix. To save you the trouble of thinking about what Kirby and Egypt have to do together, I can tell you. It was all so real, even if it's just a memory...

It was a lazy winter night, in January of something. I was up, reading a book on Egyptian religious beliefs. Kaylee, of course, was playing Kirby and The Mirror. Currently, I was readying a section about how Egyptians believed everyone had two parts of a soul- a Ba and Ka. However, Kaylee was journeying through the mirror, for "tweaking" she said. I have no knowledge about tweaking, but that mirror and Ka part stuck. Like glue. After Kaylee shut down her game I was still thinking about it, as the hours dwindled to morning. After that I finally managed to fall asleep, as Kaylee was waking up.

Dreams can be odd. Ba and Ka with mirrors odd. While I was sleeping peacefully, a dream presented itself. There was a mirror, with myself on one side. On the other side was a sparkling, glowing version of me- my Ka, or Ba depending on the situation. They were shining, smiling at me. Curious, I swam in the air over to the Ka, but I ended up going through the mirror. What I saw wasn't pretty.

It seemed all dark and odd, like something had infected the place. I was in full color, but this place wasn't. What had happened? I turned around. My Ka was there, vaguely shining. It also seemed to be breaking. It's face had an expression of pain, an the very space around it seemed to be fizzling, disappearing, destroyed. My second soul was going to vanish from my very eyes, after I had just met it...

This wasn't happening! I grasped onto the Ka, not wanting to let it escape. It began frantically scratching me for some reason. Little, purplish-orange slashes began appearing where the claws had struck. Odd, it was friendly... then it hit me. This was an evil doppelganger! Ripping myself away angrily, I jumped off of the ledge. My real second part had to be somewhere, in this tortured field! I had to find it!

Scampering away, I desperately looked at the ruins of some civilization. Where could it be? All of the place seemed to be dark and deprived off life. Opening a cracked door, I peered inside. A cage with my real Ka! I struggled with the iron bars, glaring at them. How dare the dark creatures ruling this town take my friend as a captive. The fake Ka flew in, glowing evilly. "You'll never free her..." My head seemed to be seized with pain. What if I didn't make it? This alter-ego seemed to be perfectly calm. Savagely clawing the clone, I yelled, "You'l-l-l never take-e-e he-r-r-r-r al-i-i-ve!"

The evil rune smiled. "You'll never outsmart Vicius, pathetic rune." Vicius? How evil! What was my Ka named? I backed off and flicked my tongue out at the cage, surrounding it with some weird aura. Take color for a change! Bars cracked as the cage began breaking. "Nowooooooooooh!" Vicius's demented scream filled the house as my true Ka broke free.

Shuddering, the pure Ka got up. "Vicius, you can never overrun Feliaglow." My Ka said. Wait, how did it know my name? Vicius snarled. "Not unless I kill you, get you out of the way." I shielded my Ka protectively. "You'll have to figh-t-t-t me first-t-t!" I stuttered, boldly glaring at Vicius. Vicius charged forward, howling, "I can overwhelm any mortal, just like you!"

I brushed my whisker against the clone. Vicius shrieked in pain, teal spreading over his body. Mist started coming from my wings. "You'll PAY!" I yelled, savagely scraping Vicius. She made a final step, and collapsed. "You've done it..." My Ka stated in awe, and I nodded. "Now, to get these bars off..." They were actually pretty easy to destroy now that I had defeated the evil character behind the infection. I tugged my true Ka out and escaped the prison. Looking up, I saw a mirror. "An exit!" I gasped. Something was right with it, though...

"I'm Felius, citizen of this place." My Ka interrupted. That mirror... is it a portal?" I nodded. "Yes, but it looks like Vicius infected it." Shuddering at the name, I gestured to the black swirls. "Indeed, it doesn't look normal. One of that evil thing's tricks!" Felius chuckled humorlessly.

How were we going to escape? Looking back to the door, I saw it's aura flicker and it transformed into a blue, white door. "Maybe if we waited we could escape." I suggested eagerly. Felius nodded. "Let's go!" She exclaimed. She flew off the ground, heading towards the exit. I reluctantly got up and flew too, watching the door. its aura flickered on and off, and stopped on blue for a second. I tumbled in with Felius, escaping Vicius's land and arriving at the strange, space area I was in before. "We must depart now, young Feliaglow." Felius's smooth voice broke the awkward silence. Just like that, I was blown away into reality, just to see that I was safely on the floor in Kaylee's room.

Like I said, Kirby and The Amazing Mirror and Egyptian facts don't mix. At all. Unless you mean they create epic dreams. That I can support. Everything else? Forget about it.

☽Herbs☽
Feliaglow walked out into the night. It was cool, crisp spring evening, the air ripe with adventure. She was looking for herbs to offer to the moon, an offering for good luck. She knew if the moon accepted it, she would be blessed with luck and find something for Kaylee. An ideal place to look was the meadow, full of herbs and flowers. That was her intended place to go, the place of pollen and bliss.

Scratching the ground absentmindedly, Feliaglow walked toward the flowery plain in the distance. It wasn't too far away, but to rest now was very tempting. And, it was getting colder. Reluctantly moving on, Feliaglow started climbing up the hill. She had to get something for Kaylee- not doing so would be doubting and disobeying herself. And she was not one to disobey someone as important as herself. Definitely not herself.

Feliaglow shortly reached the top. It was beautiful- millions of varieties of flowers bloomed in every corner, each sparkling with dew and glowing with pollen dust on it. This was the place to look- there wasn't any denying it! Walking over to a cluster of lilies, Feliaglow inspected the petals. None looked spectacular, just pretty. Perhaps Kaylee wanted a water flower. Walking over to a small pond, the rune scoured the water lilies for good qualities. No luck. Sighing, the nocturne rune picked one up for an offering and walked over to a patch of flowers near the pond. In the middle there was a very pretty flower- one perfect for Kaylee.

It was a beautiful flower, something she had never noticed before. It almost seemed surreal, with glowing petals and almost velvety-looking amber pollen rising. This was the one she should take! Gently lifting it out the ground tomb, Feliaglow held her prize with pride. Hooray! However, the wind was picking up. Time to escape! Grasping her flower tightly, Feliaglow skittered down the hill, back to Kaylee's house.

"What a pretty flower." Kaylee remarked, nodding to her rune's flora. She watched as Feliaglow handed it to her. "For me? How sweet!" She chimed, putting it in her hair. It looked very nice in the path of blonde strands. "Perfect!" She exclaimed, patting her rune. What a nice gift. Noticing her rune walking away, Kaylee called, "Thanks!"

Feliaglow delicately set the water lily on a rock. "Enjoy, moon!" She called up to the heavens. Dashing back to Kaylee's cottage, Feliaglow felt better- now the moon had something, too.

☽The Rune Ball☽
Feliaglow looked at Aurora. “Are you sure about this dance thing?” She asked curiously. Her morning snow rune friend nodded. “Yes, it’s an all girl party and the hottest boy band will be there!” Aurora squealed. Feliaglow frowned. “Is the deco good?" She asked. Her friend beamed. "It's like an enchanted spider web? So pretty!" Feliaglow nodded. "And the food?" Aurora jumped up and down. "Sparkling vanilla strawberry juice and specialty cake with pink sugar wings on top!" The morning snow rune said. Feliaglow smiled. "Sounds like my kind of ball!" She said excitedly.

Aurora led Feliaglow up a dimly-lit path, which eventually led to a cave. "Another dark path?" Feliaglow sighed pitifully. "Not that I don't like them, but when shall we get to the Rune Ball?" She asked her friend. "Soon, soon." Aurora replied cheerfully. "I'd hope so." Growled Feliaglow, looking at the small pink lights that decorated the path. The pair trekked on, eventually arriving at a silken-looking, shimmering pink door. A rune, Kerrigan for that matter, was standing guard. "Hello there!" She announced cheerfully. "You're going to the Rune Ball?" Aurora nodded eagerly. "Yup!" Smiling, Kerrigan thrust open the door, damaging it a bit. "Oh well, it can be fixed. Enjoy." She commented. Walking in, Feliaglow gazed up at the room, vast, surrealistic, and pretty.

On the ceiling there was a truly spectacular, crystalline spider web of pink hanging, with little sparkles embedded within; just as Aurora had described. On a blue podium nearby stood some runes, including Moss on a violin- Feliaglow never knew he played that- and some other cool dragons. Blue flowers floated down lazily, shimmering in the light of the web. "This... is beautiful." Whispered Feliaglow in awe. Aurora smiled. "If you thinking that's pretty, how about dancing under it? That's what the Rune Ball is about, after all." Feliaglow nodded uncertainly. "Dance... what's that?" Aurora spun Feliaglow and dramatically caught her as the rune fell. "This!" She answered.

Feliaglow shook off the dizziness she was feeling. "I'm not sure I like dancing..." She trailed off, looking up at Aurora dully. Aurora smiled and threw Feliaglow in the air. "I'll catch you! I'll catch you! I'll ca- or not." She added hastily, as her nocturne rune friend fell to the floor. Rubbing her head, Feliaglow sighed. "Is there anything else to do besides being thrown?" She moaned, getting up. Aurora perked up. "There's refreshments!" She chirped, pulling Feliaglow over to the table. "Agh!" Feliaglow tried to scramble away, but her friend was too strong and too determined to let go.

Sitting down and released from her friend's grip, Feliaglow daintily sipped the sparkling vanilla strawberry smoothie. It was light and tart, but not too sweet. "Delicious..." Feliaglow trailed off in wonder, savoring the luscious taste. Aurora nodded, munching on some fairy cake. "Indeed, yummy!" She chimed. Her nocturne rune friend set aside her drink. "I'm full." Feliaglow announced, raising her wing. Aurora nodded. "Okay, you ready to go?" Turning her head sickly to Aurora, the rune nodded. "Yes." She said. Aurora helped Feliaglow up and ran out the door. "Race ya!" Her cry echoed vaguely in Feliaglow's ears.

Feliaglow slowly skipped past the doors. She had drank too much of that smoothie, no doubt about it. And it had tasted so good! Puh. Looking around, the rune found Aurora, smiling happily. "There you are!" She chimed. Feliaglow nodded and said wistfully, "Are we going to Kaylee's house?" Aurora nodded vigorously. "Yes! Yes!" She exclaimed. Tugging her friend along, the morning snow rune led Feliaglow back to Kaylee's place.

Sitting down, Feliaglow sighed. "Finally, that stupid smoothie's effect was worn off." She said happily. Aurora plopped on her bearer's bed and smiled. "It was worth it, right?" She asked. Touching her tail ball, Feliaglow smiled. "Totally." She finished, grinning.

Art:
A picture of Feliaglow, when she met Kaylee.
Another picture, this time with Feliaglow's content face.
Some art of Feliaglow Kaylee made, sighing happily on a blissful synthesizer.
Feliaglow and Felius, each on different sides of the mirror world portal.
Feliaglow and Vicius, Feliaglow just a shadow as her evil Ka is breaking...
Feliaglow's Rune Ball attire, made by Kaylee.
Aurora and Feliaglow, at the Rune Ball!
Feliaglow's favorite things- the moon, her synthesizer, quiet times, and firelight bugs!
All art was made by me, if you need proof look in my gallery.
Last edited by Kirbylover901 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:24 am, edited 38 times in total.
"Do you remember when Staff Litter month
was in November? ...I do."

Vanilli invites you to check out Fox-n-Key!

Sirius suggests you visit one of the other
websites I'm on by clicking on the links below!

Flight Rising

Kirbylover901

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vespur » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:23 am

Amazing. So cute, and black, a kind of rune I wish for, but in another already. ^^"

"Signature now belows to Toothless."
Vespur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiko Hayashi » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:27 am

As soon as I saw her, I knew that I wasn't going to be able to resist.
That shy tilt of the head, hidden behind her massive wings just allured me to her. Every part of her was just too adorable to ignore. Her specie's personality and how well she portrays it with that shy tilt of her head. I really honestly fell in love with her. I've been looking for a female rune for a while now, and as soon as I saw her, let's just say that my heart skipped a few beats.

She'll be kept in my signature for the next two months, and then I'll place her in my character site, which is undergoing reconstruction at the moment.
She'll also feature in any roleplays currently open for the Rune dragons. Not too mention she'll be in my Rune fan fiction, which I'm working on.

Absolutely
Any Quirks:
I know I've told her many times, but it seems she cannot get enough of my classy hat. It's a simple thing, with a glowing band around the rime of the hat, but it's too large for her head and it constantly slips over her eyes. I do not know why she insists on stealing it from me day in and day out to wear it. It was just a curio from a 4th of July firework viewing that I happened to pick up.
She has a tendency to tilt her head whenever her photo is being taken, and will often shy away and hide behind my leg. She's a sweet rune, but she's infinitely clumsy as well. Always getting into the strangest of situations.
Love:
This gentle child has a broad mind, and an even deeper heart. She loves celtic poems and the simple beauty of the irish green. She adores warm spring rains and will often fly about them before cuddling at my feet. She will often sit beside me and listen contently whenever I compose poems, songs, and stories, chirping when she likes the verse. I must say, without her my stories would not be complete!
Hate:
As said above, this child has a deep heart. She hates very little, although one such thing would be spicy foods. She cannot stand them. She hates yelling and often shies away when one is too loud or is a threatening figure. It makes me wonder why she ever liked me when I first laid eyes upon her.
Personality:
As mentioned many times, a sweet child at heart, Reise is a gentle and kind soul. Often shy enough that she frightens herself, she's not easily approached and often can prove to be quite skittish. However, if you let her warm up to you, you'll find that she has a loving soul and will often prove to be quite endearing. Clumsy as can be, she needs constant attention, often the reason why she's so skittish around loud sounds. Because of her small size, she loves to perch on one's shoulder and cuddle against their neck, purring that familiar deep throated purr Rune's have.

It is not very hard to love this little girl.
Other:
Unlike Reise, Nicolai is a quiet, taciturn soul who is naturally attracted to new life and new stories to tell. When he first saw Reise, it was only natural that his first thought was to drag her on a journey.
This is the aftermath of that small journey that Reise reluctantly took part in.
Friendship
It was quite when I stepped into my house. I frowned, trying to shrug of the eerie silence as I hung my coat and hat up in the closet beside the door. I shrugged out of my shoes and walked into the hallway, my feet making no noise as they slid across the amber wood floor. Looking around the kitchen, my frown deepened. I was sure that today Nicolai was going to be visiting to babysit Reise. The poor girl had become practically neurotic when I had told her I had to leave for work.
So I had called over a friend in hopes that he could keep her distracted and entertained while I was gone. A jolt of fear went through me as I considered the possible situations. My feet automatically took me towards the bedroom hallway, leading me past room and room as I imagined where they could possibly be. What if Reise had hit herself and fallen unconscious? What if Nicolai had turned away for a few minutes and she had run off? What if... Stopping before my bedroom, I rubbed my temples and sighed. "Stop it Shiko... You'll make yourself sick. There's no way that Reise or Nicolai are hurt in any way. Nicolai's the most wary guy you know." She said aloud, trying to comfort herself.
She nodded, determination in her face as she opened her bedroom door and froze mid step.

Nicolai and Reise lay in a tangled bundle on her bed. Nicolai slept peacefully, quietly snoring away as his tail twitched across his stomach. Tucked against his neck and bundled underneath his fur was a small black form that glowed a faint, content green. Reise.
I smiled and slowly walked out of the room, trying to hold back a broad grin.

Of course.
Last edited by Shiko Hayashi on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:10 am, edited 9 times in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S H I K O
H A Y A S H I

this world could rot
die, and kill itself off
but a promise is a promise
and promises should always be kept
dont you think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O N / o f f
Shiko Hayashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:32 am

This rune just stole my heart <3 Hopefully I'll have enough time to try for her, with school and a busy weekend I might not have much time QnQ

Owner Name:
Eucalyptus
Name:
Eucalyptus
I chose the name Eucalyptus because of her soft colours. They make me think of something soothing and healing, and the green hue makes me think of plants. Eucalyptus is a soothing plant that heals, and I feel it suits her nicely.

Personality:
Shy
Eucalyptus is very shy. She dislikes people, and most other runes scare her away too. She is always hiding in the bushes or under her wings, trying to avoid being seen. She often holds her breath a lot in attempt to stop the flickering of her glow when hiding.

I've been looking for a second rune for a while, and trying for almost every rune that comes out (they are all stunning o3o). But something about this one just drew me in... I feel a connection I haven't felt for a while, and one that feels much like the love I had for the Hallow rune. Her soft colours, gentle glow, and oozing personality drew me in so fast <3
She'll be kept on my rune dragon thread with her own post, and in my signature. I'm active around the rune dragon fan club, and I'll take her with me there too c:
Probably, if the right match for her comes around.
Any Quirks:
Eucalyptus has a thing for bouquets. She often goes around at night picking flowers, then watches the closed buds open in the dawn light. She'll leave the bouquets the doorsteps of citizens, although if I won her, I assume she'd put them in vases all around the hose.
Other:
WIP
Last edited by flyteck on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Shivali

Postby Bast-et » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:34 am

Oh, well she is stunning! She really doesn't have any reason to be worried about her appearance. *Cuddles*

Owner Name:
~Bast~
Name:
Shivali
Personality:
All the other nocturne runes- including females- are so flashy and bold and good at everything that it was very easy for Shivali to begin to doubt herself. She is very capable of finding the good in everyone else, and she can't help but compare herself to them. Thus, Shiv grew to be very self-conscious and shy. For nocturne runes typically animated and confident, befriending the quiet rune was difficult and the friendship was fragile. There could be no laughing remarks without her drawing into herself, so poor Shiv had few friends. Hopefully, Serca, wise (bossy) storyteller can draw Shivali out of her self-imposed walls to reveal her true personality- easily excitable, fond of bad jokes, enthusiastic and encouraging towards friends, and a brilliant singer when she summons the courage to open her mouth. Shivali has the potential to be a stunner, appearances or not, as soon as she realizes just how talented and special she is. When hunting, Shiv turns fierce, with an intent watchfulness in her eyes and a lithe power in her body. It's another of her hidden talents, and something she delights in.

Why do you wish to have her:
I'm a color person. When I design things, or pick out my clothes in the morning, I always look at the colors and fit them to my mood. Shivali has a color scheme that has been proven to draw my attention over and over again. Blacks, grays, and greens are perfect together like a Doctor and a TARDIS, or Finn and Jake. I'm also attracted to eyes. I'm a bit jealous of her stunning green eyes... I have green eyes too, but mine aren't near that gorgeous. I'd love to be the person to make her realize just how stunning she is, fancy coat or not.

I'd also love another character to write about in my stories. I avoid using my other characters, even in my personal stories because they don't come from Eldemore. Serca needs a friend that isn't the busy and moody Aludra XD She's begging you haha.

I debated about sharing this, but it really plays in with why I love her, and I got permission:
I also feel very strongly about her personality. I have a best friend with an eating disorder, who used to constantly compare herself to everyone else. It's very painful to watch someone you care about look in a mirror and see non-existant fat when all we see are ribs. Other friends and I were very encouraging, but ultimately it was meds and a great therapist that made her healthy again. Not being able to directly help her was a nightmare, and although I know it won't actually help her, I kinda see the same situation in Shivali, and I know Serca can be the amazing person that talks Shiv through her problems. I draw little doodle of my charries for my friends to make them laugh in class, and Shiv would be great to show her <3 I probably won't upload any of the ones I've done so far, because I don't think they are really good enough to add to her form =/

Where will you keep her:
She will be in my siggy some, as all my characters rotate through for a couple weeks and then return later, and she will also be added and loved in my rune thread (still working on it, but the link is in my sig ^^) But mostly Shiv will live with me in my doodle and mini stories I share with my friends. I always have a sketchbook with me, and I draw all the little poses and quotes I hear them saying. And she will also be in my longer stories I write for myself. She'd be pretty important because of who she reminds me of, and because I feel she needs some special love.

Would you like to breed her in the future:
Shivali is very shy. It would take a very special (and handsome) Nocturne rune to steal her heart.

Any Quirks:
When meeting new people, or shy, or embarrassed, or slightly uncomfortable in any way, Shivali hides behind her wing with only her eyes peeping out.
Shiv has a beautiful voice, but very rarely sings in front of anyone but Serca... and then only when Serca prods her into it and sings with her. Serca hopes that one day Shivali will have enough confidence in her talents to not need her support.
She hates getting wet. It makes her feel sticky and dowdy.
Talk about a hunter. Shiv gets an entirely different personality when hunting firelight flies.
Crunchy stuff. Like fall leaves and firelight flies <3

Other:
Everyone over Eldemore had heard of the light shows of the nocturne runes. But very few people knew of their yearly gathering in the faerie lands. In special places of Aludra's favorite forest there were thin spots where informed travelers could pass into the fay realms and see the wonders contained there. Aludra told me stories of magic events and mythical creatures... and one that especially captured my imagination- the nocturne rune's yearly celebration. Aludra told me in her softest tones,
"They meet in a swirl of glowing colors in the Fay Mountains... They shine and swirl
and some sing with joy. From everywhere comes a beat: in the music, the dancing
and their heartbeats. As their heartbeats sync, so does their glowing lights. And soon
the event seems as magical as any spell. It truly touches your soul."
"Only problem Aludra," I replied, "I can't go in Fearie... we found that out the day we met Serca. I get mesmerized."
A wicked smile came over the ancient's masked face.
"I may have a solution for that... But you'll have to wait until tomorrow.."

Waiting was torture. Bast was sure that Aludra had made her wait on purpose, just for kicks. Silly ancient. But after waiting all day, she was sick of waiting. Bast strode outside the little cottage they were renting to the barn behind it where Aludra had holed up.
"Aludra!"
Two glowing, smoking blue eyes gazed back at her from a skull in the shadows.
"Yes?"
"Will you please tell me how to travel Faerie without becoming enthralled now?"
The lithe blue body uncurled, and stretched leisurely like a cat.
"Hmmmm. I suppose so," she drawled. Spring was never patient unless someone else was waiting. "You'll simply have to listen through Serca or my ears the entire time in Faerie. That means we'll have to plug yours up. Is it worth going deaf for a bit?" she asked.
"Oh yes!" I hugged her thick fluffy neck and ran back to the cottage to experiment with wax ear plugs. Perhaps Cei could carve me some?

The next day, safely equipped with Cei-molded earplugs, Bast hopped on Aludra and settled Serca on her shoulder. Cei perched on her head, and the group flew off towards the cave to Faerie.
The wind buffeted their faces, and the trees turned into blurred walls. Too soon, the exhilerating ride ended, and Bast dizzily slide to the ground.
Put in your earplugs. Serca reminded her.
With a *pop* the world went quiet, and they stepped into the cave to Faerie.

Nothing was stranger than suddenly finding yourself blind and deaf. The world narrowed to only the nerve endings of your fingertips, the goosebumps on your arm, and the cool air on the back of your neck. With nothing to ground you in reality, the strangest thoughts floated up into the forefront of you mind. So before Bast knew it, the cave lightened, and they were in Faerie.
"What you expected?" Aludra asked in a light tone.
"Not at all!"
The grass was a jeweled green, flowers were vivid, glimmering prisms, and the sky above them sparkled with a velvet smoothness. Everything had texture and color and a glow of magic about it. Bast gaped at the multitude of shades of color overwhelming her vision.
She can't be enthralled just by the sight of Faerie can she? asked Serca playfully. Bast closed her mouth and ruefully grinned as Aludra and Cei laughed at her.
"It's gorgeous." she defended herself.
"Just wait until nightfall."

The day passed in a bright blur of color and magic. The constant surprises- butterflies that sang, birds that changed colors, and flowers that randomly burst into flame- kept Bast racing from sight to sight with a happily chirping Cei on her shoulder while Aludra and Serca laughed at them.
"Did you see that? Oh wow, that tree over there-""
And as the sun spun past the horizon, the bright colors of Faerie swirled into velvet gem colors. Deep and rich, like you could fall into them and drown in the beauty.

There. A flash red caught Bast's attention. There is was again. And then a flash of gold joined and a deep thrum filled the air. The two gold flashed into the air and spun together. Blues and greens and yellows joined the show, and the air was filled with shining, flashy runes, each seeking attention in the dark. One female began a clear note; like a signal all the other Nocturne runes joined in, forming intricate melodies and tunes. Bast settled herself on a log with Serca to enjoy the spectacle while Aludra wandered off to find old friends. Cei hung close until several young blue nocturne runes landed near him to check out his white glowing markings. With excited cheeps, they took off with Cei in hot pursuit of his admirers.

In such a crowded, magical, alive moment, one spot of stationary green in the corner of her eye drew Serca's experianced story-teller eye. Why was this little nocturne rune not with the others showing off? Was she sick with a rare illness, or cursed by a witch? Had she had her heart broken by a handsome stranger and vowed never to sing again? Curious as a cat, Serca resettled her feathers and crept closer to the faint green of the nocturne.
Hello green noc-
before she even finished speaking, the black rune was huddled on the ground with her solid black wings hiding her face from sight. Hmmm, that usually didn't happen. Mayhaps her gaze stunned admirers into stone? Serca knew several goddesses who boasted the power. Perhaps this rune-? But no, nocturne runes had no powers such as that.
May I ask why you won't look at me? Serca asked politely. I would love to hear your story.
From within the barrier of wings Serca heard a muffled, surprised squeak. Maybe the rune only spoke to other nocturnes?
Could you be ignoring me because I'm not a nocturne?
Two lovely, gem-like green eyes peeped back at her quickly in denial. Serca saw no guile or malice in those beautiful eyes. They captivated the Pictish rune as they watched her.
You have... the most exquisite eyes... The black wings dropped marginally in response to the compliment. Ah, just very, very shy. How unusual for a nocturne rune to be shy. Even now the celebration continued with bright glows, daring feats of airborne stunts, and intricate tunes. But this lovely lady hid here in the shadows, invisible except for her rune and eyes. We'll have to do something about this. Stubbornly Serca settled in beside the rune to watch the show. She'd just have to get used to the company. Then, ordering one of her many orbs forward, Serca began to record the lavish festivities.

Bast looked down from the aerial show for a sec to comment to Serca on the nocturne rune's skills, but Serca had disappeared. Aludra could be seen at a distance, her back lined with interested runes, and Cei still whipped by periodically chased by young nocturnes, but Serca was no where to be seen. No... wait. There- half hidden by something dark, Serca sat with glowing lights reflecting off her face. Oh! the darkness was a rune! Serca must have made a friend Bast smiled.

On her approach, the little rune hid beneath her wings once more, and Serca glared at Bast.
"What did I do?"
She is very shy. You should probably sit and introduce yourself.
Bast crouched down beside the rune. "Hello, I am Bast, a friend of Serca's. The blobs in my ears are earplugs so I can't get entralled by Faerie. I'm just a weak mortal." she grinned.
Good, keep talking to her. She'll lighten up eventually Serca told Bast happily.
"I have to listen to Serca's ears- otherwise I'd be deaf. Which would be a shame since I heard Nocturnes enjoy Firelight Flies?" Bast pulled out a big glowing jar full of the shining insects. "Serca won't eat them, so maybe you would enjoy them?"
The little nocturne rune dropped her wings and watched the bugs as they explored the jar with a predatory look. A thought crossed Bast's mind.
"But we don't even know your name yet."
The rune reluctantly looked away from the bugs to meet Bast's gaze. A bit of shyness came back and her wings instinctively crept up to cover her face.
Sh...Shivali-li. Shivali. came a soft, sweet voice in her head.
"Ooh, beautiful." Bast whispered back to a coo from Serca.
Do you think... I mean, perhaps- that maybe you might. Err, let them go? Shivali asked with her green eyes on the firelight flies again.
"Sure." Bast popped the lid, and one by one the bugs flew out. As soon as the last one left the rim, Shivali was off like a mini panther. She streaked from one morsel to the next until each bug from the jar had been enjoyed. The tight twists and turns of her flight was beautiful, but it was the runie's happy face as she landed again that made Serca and Bast smile.
You are such a great hunter and flier Serca complimented her.
Oh, but I'm nowhere, that is I'm not... Everyone is much better than I am. Her eyes sadly watched the other nocturnes show off.
"What? You just did better turns than anyone I've seen all evening!" Bast exclaimed.
There...There were Firelight flies. They are so... er, so YUMMY.

Serca's heart melted to see her happy little expression. She needed to look like that more often.
Perhaps you would like to travel a bit with us? she offered, We see quite a few firelight flies on our travels, and we have no one to eat them...
Shivali's eyes widened.
Really? Me? You, you'd want me to come with... you?
"Of course!" Bast interjected, "We're always getting lost in the dark... we could really use some help."
As the rune smiled- beautiful and bright, Bast winked at Serca. It was clear Shiv just needed love and being helpful. She was sure they could always find helpful tasks for a new rune- a friend.

Behind them the music of singing runes rose to a peak. In small patches, swirling runes synced in glowing beats. Soon the air pulsed with the matched glow. Serca nudged Shivali.
Well go on then. Show them just how bright you can glow.
I... couldn't do that.
Of course you can. You are beautiful.
Shiv reluctantly took wing, looking back as if to make sure they weren't leaving her.
Don't worry, Serca called, You can trust me. I'll always be here for you.

Last edited by Bast-et on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Bast-et

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:37 am

-dropping out-
So many others deserve her more than I do. Hope her new owner is a good one!
Last edited by SukarettoYanagi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets