31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Leaf Peeper Rune

Postby Benathorn » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Katsunei

Owner: aereosync
Breedable: Maybe
Type: Leaf Peeper Rune

"Always Watching You"

When the trees of Eldemore change and the once bright green forests turn to auburn hues, many different Runes begin to migrate while others just begin to appear. The Leaf Peeper is one such Rune that makes an appearance during this time, a name that justifies this dragon very well. Have you ever had leaves strewn across your yard where just moment before it was stacked in a neat pile? Leaf Peeper. Have you ever felt like something was watching you on those breezy autumn mornings? Leaf Peeper. Do you wonder why those leaves which were just strewn across your yard are now back in it's original pile and still feel like the pile itself is watching you? Leaf Peeper. Yes the Leaf Peeper loves to collect and inhabit large piles of leaves that other's gather, and make themselves at home as they simply watch you with their golden eyes. The reason being that they are very shy and skittish creatures. This Dragon is ever on the watch for predators and would much rather keep them in sight rather than run away. Dashing from pile to pile, they are almost spastic in their collection of fallen leaves to add to their large piled home, and people become unnerved when their leaf piles are inhabited by a Leaf Peeper. It means their every move shall be watched every time they go outside, two golden eyes forever watching them till spring comes and they move on to the next home with a pile of leaves all scooped up and just sitting there, ready for the take...

Last edited by Benathorn on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Wip

Postby rae sanders » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:18 pm

'They say the fear of not knowing can be greater than the fear of knowing.'

Owner Name:
.:Sky:.
Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Name:
Autumnalis = of autumn(latin)
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

We are what we believe we are.

Personality:

.:Loyal:.
He gives constant support to anyone.
.: Passionate:.
He is known to show strong feelings and beliefs.
.:Resourceful:.
He has the ability to be quick thinking, and to find clever ways to avoid dangerous outcomes.
.:Observant:.
He is quick to spot things out of place.
.: Dynamic:.
He is known to be a constant change of personality.
.:Jealous:.
He will feel a great envy to one if they have a great achievement of something he can not accomplish.
.:Obsessive:.
He is affected by obsession.
.:Suspicious:.
Will show a cautious distrust to someone if he feels as if he shouldn't trust them.
.:Manipulative:.
He tends to be unscrupulous if he feels that he needs to.
.:Unyielding:.
He doesn't give away to pressure.

Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling

Why do you wish to have him/her:
Well, when I first saw it, I was like 'If I don't have him, I may just die'. You see, my two favorite seasons are fall and spring. Fall, because of the time change, and then the colors of the leaves, they are just simply beautiful. I used to make leave piles, then jump in them, but hasn't, but the next morning, they would be back in a pile ಠ_ಠ I now know why...
Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it, boldness has genius, power, and magic in it

Where will you keep him/her:
In a leaf pile ಠ_ಠ
You were serious? Well when I get over my laziness, I will put him in my character thread.

Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
He will be, but only to the best.(Anyone, he is picky though.)
Our enemies are sacred because they make us strong

Any Quirks:
If you are in one place to long, he will start circling you and make strange noises.
He is a large neat freak when it comes to his leave piles, he thinks of them as his art.
He will circle around for a moment and make a dust devil with leaves.

Even if you are on the right track, you'll still get run over if you just sit there.

Story and Art:
How I met him
It all started one fall, I was in the building I call home. With my two runes, drinking hot coco. I had put some in a bowl for each of my runes. I looked outside, wearing my thick jacket, it was oddly cold, but not snowing. As my eyes wandered outside, I saw a small dust devil, but not dust, it was leaves, forming. I watched and it all fell, making a pile of leaves, I blinked at the odd pile that reminded me of my childhood, shaking it off, I stand and make my way to the sink, my parents were still asleep, that was for sure, and I was on my own, like all other days, but this day wouldn't be the same.
I pull my heavy duty boots on and look at Lacey and Spirit, smiling at the scarves that I knitted pitifully around their necks, I would have to work on new ones, since those were old and from by younger teen years, since I was older, and more knowledgeable, I would make new one. I walked to the door, pulling my hat over my head as I do. My hand twists around the handle and I open the door. A gush of wind and leaves blow into the house, but I decided I would fix that later.
I walk out, my coat just heavy enough to keep the chilled air out. I look at the pile of leaves and I run towards a large one we had racked the day before, leaping in, I threw leaves everywhere. I hear a cry and look up, with my smaller black rune in my arms. Looking towards the cry, I see Spirit pinning a orange rune, shooing the rune away I pick the other one up.
"Where is your bounded human little one?" I asked, I knew the rune was young, and not fully grown into size, so I would have to be careful, though he still was large. I hear a cry come from the rune again and I shush him, "It will be alright." Me, always being prepared, I pull a small towel out, that I was to use if I needed, I wrapped the run up and put him on the pile of leaves from earlier. He stops and settles down into a sleep. I sigh and look at my runes, smirking. Running towards one of them, Spirit cawwed and got out of the way and I laughed.
After a while of running, my chest started hurting, it felt as if it burned. I looked at my runes playing with one another, not minding me. Left one arm over my head, knowing that the pain was the start of an asthma attack. I felt my knees weakening and after a second, I hit the ground with a thud, my chest was closing and I was gasping for air. I felt a swirl going around my body, my eyes had shut before, but now open again, I saw the colors of the fallen leafs, seeing through some of the leaves.
I hear a cry and the leaves fall quickly, my mother was running towards me with a broom, she swung at the rune dragon that stood over me. I managed to scream, "Stop!"
I blinked, I was able to breathe again. I pushed myself, standing between my mother and the rune. She stood wide eyed at me. I turned and scooped the rune in my arms, he gave no struggle, I listened to her scowled me about having to be careful.
I looked to the sky once she left and saw the sun was disappearing, I looked at the two runes giving me a look, I chuckled and gestured for them to come, Lacey landed on my head and Spirit on my shoulder, he gave the newer rune a stare.
Once it was dark, I was up in my room. With my heat turned on, I wore my silk pants and baby blue tee. I lied on my bed, Spirit and Lacey were on my back napping and the other rune was infront of me. "I am going to call you Autumnalis, remember it well..." I remembered my course in Latin a few semesters back. It had slipped off her tongue at the moment of time, I smiled, I and the rune likes it.

An adventure of our own
I wandered through my room, I grabbed a bag and placed it on my bed, I looked up hearing something fall from my dresser. I see Lacey shaking herself on the ground and I look up to see Autumnalis sitting there calmly, acting innocent, I chuckle and get back to packing. Zipping the bag up, I drapped the bag over my shoulder. I looked to my dresser and picked the googles up and grabbed a scarf.
Placing the googles on my head and wrapping my scarf around my neck, I sigh. I felt comfortable after I fixed my jacket. I looked at my runes and slipped my leather gloves on and was ready. I look at the three and smiled, "Let us go." I opened my door and felt two things land on my shoulders, then my arm. I looked to the runes and walk down the stairs.
I open the door, the day felt warmer than yesterday. I took a sigh and stepped out, I had planned this travel for a few days, my parents didn't mind, only if I didn't get injuried. I walked of the porch and walked across the lawn. My runes leaped off of me and flew around, stretching themselves. Walking towards the trees, I looked at the leaves dance around as Autumnalis play with them.
I spent a while walking with the three, my thighs were starting to hurt and and I walked across a creek. I sighed and decided to stop, since it was getting later in the day. I set my bag down and sat on a large rock. I watched the creek run and sighed, feeling peace at mind. I looked at my runes pull stuff out of my bag, I had brought an old fluffy blanket and pillow, they were for the runes, they managed to get it out and I watched them make a nest of it. I smiled and watched the three curl in it. I got up and grabbed the two blankets I brought for myself, and the pillow I would never leave.
I placed the huge cushion blanket on the ground and half unfolded the other blanket and took my shoes off, settling in, I pull the blanket over me, lying my head on the pillow. I listened to the ruffles and I felt my arm lift, I knew it was Autumnalis, then I felt the other two, they all curled by my belly and hid under their blanket.

The next morning, I woke to leaves all around us. I looked to see some ice on the rocks beside the creek. I blinked and rubbed my eyes and sat up, accidentally knocking the three from me and I watched them act like babies, I chuckled and picked my stuff up and managed to put it away without their crying.
I watched them play and picked my bag up, I felt my lungs feel fresh and ready. I looked at the three and smiled, "Let's go." They perked up and leaped into the air and flew around. I sighed and headed the way we came.
Reaching home, I looked to the air and saw a common flock of rune flying over my head, I saw them look down curiously, and kept going. We walked up the steps and into the house.

Poems:

Autumn Leaves
By Me

Leaves Leaves,
Flutter here,
Flutter there,
Autumnalis controls the wind
And then the leaves
He knows all
And loves all
Leads the brave
And makes the free

Jealous(quick sketch)
Forest of Fire

What you are is what you have been, and what you will be is what you do now

Fall
Trees
Friends
Creamy-Chicken soup
Frozen streams
Goggles
Adventures
Soft Music
Sunset
Dislikes:
Loud Music
Hail
Rude People
Death
Loosing Someone
Lightning
Mornings
Silence
Too many questions
Sickness

Fears:
Of Spirit
Of his bounder's mother
Death
Winter
Miley Cyrus(XD)
Rebecca Black(XD

Sign:

Theme Song:
The Last Dance-The Raveonettes
(Awesome Song! Look at it to understand why.)

You can not prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building a nest in your hair
Last edited by rae sanders on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 12 times in total.
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Leaf Peeper Rune

Postby Asa Willow » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:19 pm

ah no D:

can't try for this beauty because I'm trying out for another but this is gorgeous <3
Last edited by Asa Willow on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hello there!
I'm Asa, and I'm a full-time student who loves to draw and animate. Don't hesitate to HMU if you want a commission, art trade, or a good chat!

I was formerly Lovenature100

Characters DA Youtube
•Point/USD commissions are open on my DA!
•Art trades are open! I love doing them and I'm not picky, check out my DA above for examples <3
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
***If I owe you art and you have the sneaking suspicion that I have forgotten, please PM me!

pssst... check out
my comic
<<<<<<<<<<
:)
Asa Willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bast-et » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Oh gosh, that description just made me laugh so hard! I'm not sure if we would be a good fit or not, but I definitely like this rune.
*Leaf Peeper*
that should be a thing.

Owner Name:
~Bast~
Name:
Wak
Personality:

Wak is not brave, although he occasionally will pretend to be. He has no problem jeering at large dogs when he is safe in a tree, or talking big about himself about things he will never have to prove. When in a new area or uncomfortable situation, Wak finds security by hiding. The optimal place is in deciduous trees and leaf piles, but he has made do with laundry piles and behind friends before also. Wak can be a little fiend, stealing shiny things, switching objects, and eating sweets and treats not meant for him. But his cuteness and talents at making his bearer laugh completely makes up for any tricks. Bast says he stole her heart as well as her coin collection XD

*Leaf Peeper*
That was perhaps the best description of a rune, ever. If someone can read that and not fall in love with him, they have no humor in their heart. Also, I get paranoid occasionally (walking between dorms, downtown, etc) and it would be nice to picture a *Leaf Peeper* watching me instead of something creepy. Cause this runie is adorable and really pulls me towards him <3

In my stories with Aludra, Serca, and Cei. I write for fun, or when I'm feeling down, so I have bunches of short rune stories I write for myself. I would love to have a new personality to mix in to jazz up my writing some. I've been having trouble applying for runes lately because none have been catching my heart, but I think this scaredy-cat has me. So you can expect him to show up there, and my siggy as well. It's been covered with my horse adopts for awhile but I think it's time it showed off my runes. My rune character thread is also coming along nicely (I've been busy getting all my art together) and I'll be posting it officially soon ^^ If I win *Leaf Peeper* he will have a shrine post dedicated to him as well.
Hmmm. Perhaps. I think he and Rooz, the Hallow rune would be adorable together... but I'm not matchmaking or anything.
Any Quirks:
Hehe, besides hiding in piles of leaves like a scaredy-cat, Wak also loves riding on Aludra. Her long feathers on her front legs and the fluff on her neck make him feel safe like he does when hiding in leaf piles... but he can travel at the same time XD. He can be quite a good painter when he feels comfortable, and his favorite colors to use are reds, oranges, and yellows. His favorite subject? Himself, the little scoundrel <3
Other:
I had to do this one from Aludra's point of view <3
I could feel it in my bones that this was going to be the last warm day of the year. Autumn's powers were at full strength, and even I had to appreciate the vibrant reds and oranges of the leaves that brought back memories of summer and spring. Piles of the crispy jewels lay where villagers had heaped them or they had naturally collected in dips in the ground by the wind. I desperately wanted to shift out of this human form and into my natural ancient form... but I couldn't get past the feeling of being watched. Furtively I glanced around me, but all the windows of the cottages around me were vacant, and no people moved through the streets. Empty. Yet I could still feel a eyes boring into my back every which way I turned. With a growl- no one said Spring was patient- I gave up and shifted. To my left a shrill screech of alarm went up and leaves flew into the air and swiftly began to depart. No, it was a small, brightly color rune that had been hiding in the leaves. How dare he spy! I flew after the offending rune, but the game of chase in the warm evening air soon had me laughing. So it was that by the time I caught up to the little runie I was smiling and in good humor. Still, I put on my fiercest grin as I snagged the spy out of the air with careful paws and held him up to my skull.
"Hello little Runie. I'm Aludra. And who might have the guts to spy on me?" I knew my feral grin was scary, but the terrified expression on the peeping runes face was perfect. Still he managed to swallow and croak,
"Wak"
I tilted my head to the side.
"Is your name really Wak?" I dangled him closer, "Or are you just having trouble talking?"
The rune- he was growing cuter with every horrified expression- puffed up.
"It's Wak."
"Aludra! What in the world do you think you're doing?" Bast began angrily as she jogged over. My bonded made me smile in her fierce emotions. It was one of the reasons my stone had called to her. We were cast out of the same mold.
"That poor runie! And you out in public in ancient form! What in the world were you thinking?"
I must have loosened my grip, because the orange rune-Wak- escaped my grip and flew to cower beneath Bast's hair. Luckily, it seemed to distract her from my deviation in form.
"Oh, you poor thing. She's been tormenting you, hasn't she?"
"I have not. We're friends, arn't we Wak?"
The leaf rune glanced at my glowing blue eyes before swiftly nodding his head in agreement to Bast. She laughed at his animated gestures.
"You'll just have to believe me when I say she is a great friend. She's really not scary at all- that's why she has to pick on people who don't know better, like you." Bast began walking back towards the village. "Speaking of you, like apple cider? It's best this time of year... Oh and Aludra? You'd better change back now. A giant blue dragon might draw some attention in town."
I shifted back and sulked behind Bast as she chatted happily to the content little rune half-hidden by her hair on the way back to our cottage. Little rascal had already stolen her heart. And every once in awhile I would catch his big, yellow eyes peeping at me through her hair as if asking if I knew it.
Believe me little rune, I know. But you've stolen mine too.

Last edited by Bast-et on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
Bast-et

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby †♉Ӝ̵̨̄❆Raven❆Ӝ̵̨̄♉† » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Leaf Peeper Rune wrote:Image
Owner Name:
Ducky;;
Name:
otoño

Owner Name:
Ducky;;
Name:
Otoño
Personality:
Sweet Social caring forgiving playful shy and a bit aggresive
I really would like to have this rune as my first one it has beautiful chararistics in its color and the facial expressions are so cute!
In my signture and charater thread and maybe the roleplay i will make lots of art of him and maybe if i buy some yarn and clay i can make a plushy and i clay figure
I would want to this little handsome boy will make adorble kids :3
Any Quirks:
If you say leaf he'll start shaking and looking for a leaf. If you scratch him under his chin he'll fall asleep. Uh if he sees a roleypolly he will eat it (Ehh... gross XD). and if he sees a pile of leaves not perfect and he's inside he'll hit the door or window til he passes out.
Other:

One day.....
It was a warm fall day. I was out in the yard raking some leaves, the rake slipped out of my hands,and i had gotten a splinter i turned around and took a safty pin and got it out i turned around and there was a perfectly stacked pile of leaves.I freaked out and ran to my house then slammed in to the door...." which i should of opened, then turned the knob ran in my house then looked out the window. I saw the leaves shuffle then i went out side and poked the stack with the rake i stepped back and it shuffled again then i put the rake down and saw some thing come out and fix the leaves then go back in "Hello?" i said picking the rake up and poking the stack again i kiked the stack of leaves and there was a fresh dug hole i droped my baby chiuchiua in there and he ran the creature out i slipped on the rake and fell it jumped on my stimach then started cooing i pickeed it up and got a blanket and took it in my housei put it in my room and closed the door i looked in the phone book and called benathorn "Ring..Ring..ring... Hello?"she said "Hello i heard you have seen a creature i think just found "...What does it look like?"she said "One second let me take a picture" i said i took my phone and snapped a picture and called back and sent the pic in a text "I sent you a text of it " i said "Mam thats a rune dragon for sure" She said "What do i do with it?" i said "Care for it feed it its a dragon you can keep" she said "Oh.. so i can have it?"
I said *Frown* "Yes" Benathorn said "YAY!" I Squealed," HIS NAME SHALL BE OTONO" (<--Me) *Hangs up.*

Theme Song wrote:Some Nights Fun.

Last edited by †♉Ӝ̵̨̄❆Raven❆Ӝ̵̨̄♉† on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

☓☓☓ Hey! You! ☓☓☓

Hey! I'm Raven Teh Absol, but feel free to call me Ravenn. <3
I'm obsessed with minecraft, and love everything about it. I
love trading, and love collecting pets, so don't be afraid to
send me a trade! I don't bite - Much.

I'm getting more into CS, after being inactive for a while, so
help around here will be great if you could give it! And, don't
be rude to me, my cousin Fail In Love will surely take care of
you if so. ^^

ᴍᴇssᴀɢᴇ ᴍᴇ! Cʀᴇᴇᴘᴇʀs <3 Mʏ Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ Pᴏɴʏ
†♉Ӝ̵̨̄❆Raven❆Ӝ̵̨̄♉†

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarill » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Withdrawing. I don't have time but congrats to whoever wins this beautiful rune!
Last edited by Sarill on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sarill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiko Hayashi » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Owner Name:
Shiko Hayashi

He walked through the still autumn air, leaves falling almost lazily around him in a flurry or orange and red.

Name:
Tom

A sly tom-cat padded quietly along the street, the eerie stillness of the morning suiting his lean, black frame perfectly.

He grinned as he watched a gaggle of girls croon around each other in front of one house, obviously reuniting with each other.

Personality:
Shy
Like a small mouse, the tom retreated into the shadows, startled by the sudden girlish shrieks as the human girls saw the man walking, surprised by his presence.

Quiet
He lay still, patient eyes watching and waiting for the right moment.

Clumsy
Seeing his chance, he took a step forward, not noticing the slick leaf in his path. He slipped and fell flat on his face, his tail slumping over in sheepish defeat.

Fun
He stood up, a broad Xheshire's smile on his face as he quietly chuckled at his own clumsiness. What a sight to see, a tom like him. Slipping up in such a simple manner.

Mostly his colors are what first drew me to him.
I have an affinity for warm, autumn colors. I rarely use them in my characters, but when I do I really fall in love with them. After that, I guess it was design mostly. When I looked at him, I could see a variety of traits that gave him a uniqueness that really stuck with me. I even dreamed about him the night I first saw him. ^_^ Believe me, I was surprised when I woke up remembering that.

With Absinthe, of course. He would feature temporarily in my signature, then he would feature within the thread. I'd introduce him, then I'd get drawing. Rune Dragons are great practice anatomy wise and background wise.
After that, he'd probably feature within a story I want to write. About my Rune Keeper's travel's and his finds.
[size=85]I would like to breed him, if I receive him.

Any Quirks:
Other than be perpetually clumsy, he seems to have an affinity for anything with leaves or red on it. He loves to play for endless hours with my stamped leaves book, where I press leaves from every season of the year every few years or so. It amazes him to no end, and he'll sit there for hours. Saves me the trouble of finding something entertaining for him to do while I rake the leaves in the back yard.
Other:
Nothing really. I'm quite content with how this poses.
Last edited by Shiko Hayashi on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S H I K O
H A Y A S H I

this world could rot
die, and kill itself off
but a promise is a promise
and promises should always be kept
dont you think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O N / o f f
Shiko Hayashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm dropping out... Sorry I got grounded and well whoever wins him better love him tons
Last edited by Flowerdust on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sphye » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:25 pm

So cute^-^ I won't be trying out so soon after getting my Canvas, but he/she is an adorable rune.
Sphye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashenjay » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Aww this is just too cute <3
Awesome job Bena!