22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Harvest Rune

Postby Ashenjay » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Demeter

Owner: SilverKitsune
Breedable: Yes
Type: Harvest Rune

"The Harvest Day"

"Harvest Runes are quite common in agricultural places in Eldemore. Many are shades of brown and rich, healthy golden, and are usually quite plump due to their wed-fed conditions. They are very helpful to farmers; they help them harvest their crops, and in return the farmers give them a portion of the crops. This dragon is a warm hearted, calm being who is extremely friendly towards humans and will gladly share whatever they have for a good friend. They prefer to work as teams, or groups, in whatever they do. They do not migrate and prefer to stay in fields of wheat or other crops, taking care of the plants with love and selfless care.

Judging for forms ends September 29th

Rules

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 1-3 hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Code: Select all
[center]
[b]Owner Name:[/b]
[size=85](Your Username goes here)[/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[size=85](Dragon's Name goes here)[/size]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[size=85](Male or Female?)[/size]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[size=85](What is the dragon's personality like?)[/size]
[b]Why do you wish to have him/her:[/b]
[size=85](State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)[/size]
[b]Where will you keep him/her:[/b]
[size=85](Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)[/size]
[b]Would you like to breed him/her in the future:[/b]
[size=85](This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)[/size]
[b]Any Quirks:[/b]
[size=85](Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)[/size]
[b]Other:[/b]
[size=85](Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)[/size][/center]

Feel free to post now! <3
Everybody remembers Halloween, but Thanksgiving seems to be forgotten!
The lines are traced, so they may be quite sloppy and thick, but I hope it adds a more friendly feel to the art, in a way! :3
Last edited by Ashenjay on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~*~
My name is Jack Frost.

I love being on my own.

No rules.
No responsibility.
It's as good as it sounds.
~*~

Ashenjay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Harvest Rune

Postby Vazchu » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Owner Name:
Vazchu

Name:
Kandei
Well, to put things short. I decided from the first moment I saw her that this little Rune should be a girl and her name should be Kandei. It's a name that I used for one of my dragons on DC a few months ago and the name itself is something I came up with based on the name of a swedish artist (who's known as Kan Dee).

Personality:
Kandei's personality based on the alphabet:
Affectionate Brave Caring Down to earth Enthusiastic Friendly Groovy Helpful Impulsive J? Kind-hearted Loyal Motivated N? O? Playful Quiet R? Shy Tender-hearted U? V? W? X? Y? Z?

Kandei's personailty in more detail:
Kandei is the kind, caring and brave Rune who will do just about anything in order to help her friends and the humans whom own the fields where she lives. Yet at the same time she’s probably one of the quietest and shyest Runes you’ll ever find in your travels around Eldemore.
She starts out somewhat like a flower when she meets a stranger; she sees them but does nothing to get their attention if it isn’t needed. Kandei may appear to be quite the loner at first sight, but the truth is that she simply is too shy to be able to give any other opinions to the one who meets her. The one who wants to know her for real will have to ask her to play a friendly game or ask for her help. That’s the only way to find out exactly how loyal and caring Kandei truly is.
She helps others without hesitating a moment too much – even if the task at hand is too much for her to handle on her own (however, she will be honest about it after she gives it a try). She takes on a task at hand while being serious and carefully observing the situation before acting. However, even Kandei can forget this if she’s excited when someone asks her for help or if she’s doing something for her own sake at that moment. If that happens; she acts before thinking and is way too enthusiastic and impulsive at the same time. One could almost think that she’s an entirely different Rune when that happens. Luckily enough she usually calms down quite fast afterwards and can handle the situation carefully and re-do things if needed.
She’s truly motivated and always happy when she does what she loves the most – harvest crops and playing with other Runes or humans. At those times you’ll always find her with a smile and you’ll be able to experience her ability to make everyone around her become just about as happy as she is. For short, you’ll find it hard to be gloomy or angry when you’re close to her.
Even Kandei can enjoy a calm and quiet moment inside one of the human’s houses. Lying in front of a warm fire and having a little cosy moment once in a while is good for your health – she thinks.

Kandei by the fire inside a farmer's house;
admiring the gemstones on the fireplace.

Why do you wish to have her:
When I first saw her it was her markings and colours that drew my attention towards her. I thought that it all looked so perfectly well together, therefore I decided to take a look at the information about it. After reading it, I was caught even deeper in her cuteness. I think that everything about this Rune reminds me of the autumn - which is my favourite season. The part about this Rune being helpful made me smile, I like when I come across such characteristics since I’m a person who likes to help others and like it when I see others that are helpful towards others as well.
I simply adore this little one, that’s why I decided to try out for it. Right now I’d even go so far as to say that the more I think about her, look at her and keep writing this, the more I like her. I love everything about this Rune and I can’t imagine any other Rune to be my first Rune.

Where will you keep her:
I’ll keep her in my signature first and foremost. I don’t have a character thread here on CS, so I’ll upload art and similar things in the group on dA. I’ll also make sure to one day make a plushie and make sculptures of her, this in order to let her be an even greater part of my life (and in order for her to help me make my room look even better, I think her colours will give my room that something it has been missing for years now). Even though I’m quite the busy person and have quite many things to do right now in my life (like finding a job as soon as possible), I’ll make sure that she gets the attention she’s worthy of.

Would you like to breed her in the future:
Yes please.

Any Quirks:
(Some of these things may not be quirks, but I didn't deem them as a way to describe her personality (rather as a way to describe the way she behaves when it comes to certain things), therefore I'll put them here. I'll put some of her favorite things and things she dislikes here as well.)

Kandei is obsessed with pumpkins, there’s just something about them that she can’t get out of her head. They’re her favourites out of all crops.
She also loves huge baskets where she can put all the crops she gets as a reward for helping the farmers; especially baskets that looks a bit out of the ordinary.
The moon is her dream during the nights when the dark sky watches over her; she thinks it looks like a huge white pumpkin.
The sun is even better, it’s her dream during the days when she takes a break from playing or helping the farmers; it’s the largest pumpkin she has ever seen.
She deems herself as brave just because she isn’t afraid of the dark (pssst, if you make a scary sound (or some kind of sound that she has no idea as to what it is) in the bushes she’ll freak out… Who is brave now...?).
On the other hand others deem her as brave since she has no problem at all to stand up for her beliefs. She can go against just about anyone when she thinks someone harms the plants in the fields or forests around the farms or when someone treats others horrible. Though, she can find it hard to stand up for her self as she often don’t care what happens to her as long as the ones she cares about are safe and sound.
She’ll never say that there’s some kind of crops that she doesn’t like (she’ll say that she likes them all if you ask her about it and refer to pumpkins as her favourite). But if you look carefully you might be able to see that she’s somewhat afraid of cucumbers and eggplants (apparently she doesn’t like their shape, she thinks they look like knifes; and she's afraid of knifes).
Crows and other birds that are similar to them are her worst enemies (they want to steal her beloved pumpkins! … And the other crops as well, of course… She wouldn’t dream about forgetting about the cucumbers…) . She tends to sit on top of the farmers house and guard their fields with her ever so sharp eyesight and chase the crows away when she sees them. Who needs a scarecrow when Kandei is around to be the scarecrow for you?
When the farmers give her a pumpkin among the crops she gets as a reward for her help in the fields, she usually eats out the inside of it and uses it as a bed for a few days before eating up the rest of it. Or she’ll simply cuddle up on top of it and embrace it because she likes them so much.
Hide and seek or tag is probably her favourite games to play. When playing hide and seek, she prefers to be the one who tries to find the others; but she’s also great when it comes to hiding, so she wont mind it if she’ll have to hide every now and then as well (it’s just the waiting until she’s found that she doesn’t like). When playing tag she wants to be the one who has to tag the others; by some reason she simply likes to be the hunter.
Kandei dislikes the persons she tends to describe as “meanies”. Those whom get that “nickname” from her are those that treat others or the plants bad. She truly can’t take it when others are like that.
Friends, playing, helping others, and pumpkins, that’s what she loves the most.

Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)

I beg your pardon for my English, I fear that it might be quite many grammar failures and spelling mistakes all over the place... I'm still practising in order to become better.

I'll hopefully be able to draw two more pictures that I've in mind before it's too late. :3
Last edited by Vazchu on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Image Image
Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Owner Name:
Amxen no.XV
Name:
Mugi Ookami (harvest wolf in Japanese)
Personality:
:Sweet Like Pumpkin Pie:
Hi,Im Mugi!Im a Harvest Rune that worked on a farm in Eldemore.The people that owned the farm almost worked me to death.Thats why I never bonded with a human,cause now I got a complex.I find it hard to trust people after what happend at that farm,but I do enjoy humans.In fact,I just came across a young Rune Bearer named Amxen.She is in need of help growing corn,wheat,potatos,pumpkins,apples and...of course...finding a perfect turky.This is bringing out my giving side,after all...I think Amxen is what Im thankful for this Thanksgiving!The sweet personality I forgot has come back,now,I think I might share a bond with Amxen.

Awww,thank you Mugi.

Neoark Angry Face:
Hey!What about me?Im still here!

Why Do You Wish To Have Her:
I love Thanksgiving!This Rune just made me smile.I love how its tail looks like wheat!
Where Will You Keep Her:
In my sig if Neoark agrees not to eat her.
Would You Like To Breed Her In The Future:
Yes,hopfuly with Neoark.
Any Quirks:
Yes,Mugi wouldent be complete without them.She has an upsecion for Candy Corn,Candy Apples and Apple Cider.She also bakes bread every morning....yay.Anyway,she chews on wheat alot.She is also friends with a wolf called Kamio.Cant tell you how horrid my house is with her here-*loud crash* Oh,I should go.Who knows what the Runes are up to now...

Other:Harvest Rune and the Wolf,Why Should A Human Care,Time For Giving and Thanksgiving Nightmare

:Harvest Rune and the Wolf:
I awoke in the feild of wheat.It was very early and I saw a few Dew Runes fly by.I left them so they could do their work,and so I could start my own.I picked the wheat and corn and put it in a bucket.The owners of this farm died long ago,but I still wanted to do my job.I stoped when I herd a russeling sound.I quickly landed in the field,waiting to scare off whatever had come into MY field.It pushed its way through the bushes and stared me in the face.It was a large,brown and orange...wolf!It snarled at me 'Out off me way!I has to get back to the pack.' I cocked my head,confused.I understould what the wolf had said.It was a female...she sounded Jamaken. 'What?Can you not understand me?' She stould there...looking at me.I quickly turned around and got a loaf of bread.I held it with my wings in the wolf's face. 'Would you kind wolf like some bread?' The wolf stared at me.Then,she broke out laughing. 'Hahaha,bread?We wolves dont eat bread.We are Carnavorse,we only eat meat' I looked at her. 'Carna-what?' She gave me a blank stare,then she trotted off. 'Wait!I dont know your name!' The wolf looked back. 'Its me Kamio.Dont you remember...Mugi?' She turned and ran off.I stood there,confused. 'How...did she know my name?'
:Why Should A Human Care:
I awoke in a cave,not sure how I got here.That wolf...Kamio...was wraped around me.Her fur was soft,softer than the feathers of a healthy turky.She opened her large,blue eyes. 'Me pack is gone.I help yeh find a home,lil' Rune.' Did Kamio just call me little?I think I might just smack her for that.Wait,Kamio is picking me up.We are leaving the cave now,the sky is dark with storm clouds. 'The Dead Wood is the name of this forest.A Rune Bearer lives here,in this forest.' A Rune Bearer?The kind of person that bonds with Runes?I would never be friends with such a person! 'I will never bond with a human!' At that point,it started raining.Thunder boomed,lightning struck.Kamio looked concered. 'The sky is dark,the forest burns.' I looked at Kamio.What did she mean by that?At that moment,a roar rushed though the forest.I felt a rush of warm air. 'The forest burns...' Kamio dropped me and ran. 'Kamio,wait!!' She dissapeared into the forest.I looked behind me,the flames reflected off my eyes.At that moment,my life flashed before me.I didnt see that human,riding on the back of an albino steed.A Rune on her shoulder,I felt her grab me.I opend my eyes and fond I was on her back.The human yelled in a laguage I didnt understand...human. "Neoark!Lead the way!" Was she talking about the other Rune?The horse that the human road was following that Rune that was on the human's shoulder. "Come on Thelan,your my trusted steed." The horse that the human road reared back.The other Rune came flying back. 'Amxen!' The Rune Bearer's name was Amxen.I felt myself hit the ground,that Rune Bearer was next to me.Her horse had run off,leaving us to burn alive in the forest.Amxen's Rune landed next to her.I watched as that Rune looked at me. 'Your Mugi...arent you?' I looked at that Rune.It was a male,and how did he know my name? 'Who are you?How do you know my name?Why do you share a bond with a human?' He stared at me.I watched the flames surround us.That human got up.She looked at me. "Do you not understand English?Is that why you fear me?" I shuttered.Knowing my last moments would be with a human made me feel cold.Her Rune dragon that she shared a bond with jumped on her shoulder. 'Your questions can not be answered now,but I will tell you our names.I am Neoark,and this is my owner Amxen.You have to come with us.' I looked at Neoark.His Rune Bearer smiled. "Come water from the River of Life.Relese us from the grip of the Devil's hand!" Was that a spell she just said?It must have been.The ground felt wet,then water apeared.It rained and a river apeared.At that moment,the flames faded away.Kamio stepped up to me. 'Very good human!You passed the test.' I looked at Kamio. 'What!?What do you mean by test?!' Kamio looked at the human. 'Skilled in magic,are you?Why did you interfear with the ilushion?' That human stood there,looking at the wolf. "Because I care." She turned and walked away.I followed her.I jumped infront of her and pulled out a peice of bread. 'Would human and Rune like bread?'
Last edited by Sullivan Maurus on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:11 am

I think I like this one... not sure though. I'll wait and see if she grows on me o3o

EDIT: reserving the name Goldenrod
Last edited by flyteck on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iSolar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:03 am

ImageImage
Owner Name:
iSolar
ImageImage

Name:
Saphira (Nickname Saphi)

From the word Sapphire, the September birthstone. I chose this name simply because my birthday is in September and I would imagine this rune's birthday would be in that month as well. But why Saphira? Sapphire is a simple, commonly used name. That, and I just don't think it would fit her, where as Saphira does.

Personality:
Sweet
She is kind and caring, a personality trait as sweet as an apple.
Shy
She is quiet and shy around strangers, not opening up to new people until she gets to know them.
Adventurous
Sure, you would expect a harvest rune to explore the apple orchard or the pumpkin field, and she does, but not all harvest runes explore the woods, where crop-eating critters live! She'd love to hike a mountain but there are no mountains here... but when we go on vacation she'd love to go to a mountainous place - then we could hike!
Fall-loving
Obvious trait is obvious.
Loves Fruit
No, it does not have to be fall fruit (even though apples are her favorite), but she just loves to eat any fruit!
Scared of Thunder Storms
If you read Saphira's Story of the Real Nightmare you'll know why.

Paragraph version:

Saphira is kind and sweet. She is warm-hearted and often looks on the bright side of things. Hopeful and faithful, she helps whenever me or Ramses have a problem. She won't open up to you for at least a few days unless you do something really good for her. As you may know, Saphira can't handle being indoors all day. She will, 99.9% of the time fly over the fence in our backyard and explore the woods, always returning within an hour. She can't sit still, and if she had to she would keep on fidgeting, or if there was a pencil or small item of some sort she would be playing with it or rolling it under her wing. She loves the fall and everything about and in it. She loves the colors orange, brown, and red. You will often find her scooping up leaves into a pile,and jumping into them, followed by a roll-around at least for five minutes. When winter comes around she will attack the snow in anger that fall is gone. She also sneaks dead leaves from fall and freezes them in the freezer to preserve them and remember fall until it comes around once more. She loves to snack on fruits, such as apples, mangoes, watermelon, bananas, and oranges. Basically, anything in the fruit family. She also occasionally eats a squash or vegetable but you'll most likely see her eating the sweet fruits. Whenever a thunderstorm comes, she will hide in a closet or under something. I try and reassure her every time a storm comes but she doesn't come out. Ever. So she might spend the whole night cowering under a table if a thunderstorm roars through the night. I wonder what she'll do when a hurricane comes around...?

Why do you wish to have him/her:
First of all, I just love her design. It's so simple yet complex... I could just see she is different than the other runes. Autumn is also my favorite season, and my birthday is September 28th, and that date is close to the end of judging. I love picking fall fruits like apples and pumpkins as well. This rune is simply beautiful, not all can see the hidden glory inside this amazing rune. She looks, to me, like one of the best runes, I just admire this little rune so much, I just can't express my love for her.

Now I assure you I don't take my time to bid on just any rune. I remember when I first saw Ramses. I immediately fell in love with him. He was amazing. I may bid on some runes I like, but I only win them when I know I love them. All of these forms up on this post are no less than amazing, (I bet you will have a hard time choosing, Ashy!) and I know whoever gets it will love her forever. At least I know I will. Just as I saw Ramses, she is just so perfect. The colors, the eyes, the tail, the wing. It's all so breathtaking. I do say, that if, I get this rune, it will be an amazing birthday present.

Where will you keep him/her:
Sig, maybe avatar, and mostly in my heart <3
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Oh yes. Cute little harvest runies mixed with some other breed of runie? Pure cuteness would come out of that.
Any Quirks:
Sometimes if she is feeling that she needs to pull and prank on someone, she hides in the apple trees and jumps out when someone walks by, screeching at the unlucky visitor.
Other:

Click for a flight cycle video!

Artwork:

"Night Storms"
Night Storms
The worst
Merciless roaring lighting,
Freezing biting rain,
You can't hide
You can't run

Night Storms,
Dark and dangerous
Thunder snarling its murderous wrath
Shadowy fear all around
You can't run
You can't hide

Night Storms.

Read Saphira's' Story of the Real Nightmare to understand what this has to do with rune dragons.
Oh, what's this? A video based off of Saphira's story?

Saphira's' Story of the Real Nightmare:

"If you must know my story here it is.

It was a perfect day. The orchard was now closed and some dark clouds hung over the sky. It wasn't long before that when it started raining, then the thunder roared in anger after a flash of lightning. We escaped to under the trees. Not much rain got on us. But then, a nearby tree was struck by lighting and burst into flames, put out by rain soon after the fire began. Although no one was under the tree, every harvest rune exchanged horrified chirps. We needed to get out of the trees! As we escaped from the safety of the trees, runes immediately sunk into the mud. A few runes directed us to fly up into the sky and they did. But I didn't. I knew it was a horrible idea from the start. A volt of lightning almost struck the rune leading the group, and he instinctively veered off and feel into the mud. Frightened as well, the following runes limply dropped into the liquefied dirt one by one. I flew low to the ground, not trying to hit the ground. Other runes liked the idea and copied me. I flew to the sod field were the grass wasn't mud yet.

The rain continued, hard and cold, and the grass soon became waterlogged and began letting mud out. The mud covered my legs. It was at least 1:00 am now, morning was far out. Suddenly a huge boom shook the ground. Chirps and squeals of fear were muted as the thunder snarled.I tried to scream but no sound came out. I was too startled. Chest heaving, I stared wide-eyed at a tree that was now on fire. The storm was right over us. In this field, runes would be struck so me and a couple of other runes directed us away.

Luckily, we found an old barn. It had a small thunder rod planted atop it, so we walked in. It would be safe here. But I noticed something... two of the younger runes had went into hiding! I would get them. I saw a flash of their tan-brown feathers in an apple tree. I raced over to them and forced them out of the tree. I saw them make their way into the barn. I smiled and began to fly down when a loose stick came down on my left wing. I felt sheer pain on it and I tumbled into the mud. That's all I remember. It was morning when I woke up and the kind human and her rune we helping me out. When I looked in the barn, every rune had filed out, probably returning to the trees after the storm. What a nightmare it was."
"This is what the barn looked like."

"The best Apple in the Orchard"
An Apple
With a great shine
With not a speck of dirt or muddy dapple
I'll attack anyone who comes near- this apple is mine!

I can imagine
The sweetness and the taste
This apple is the best- from hot deserts to the freezing alpine.
I won't let this apple go to waste!

I will savor
Every last bite
Yes and I will favour
Every last drop of juice, that is right.

Story:
It was the first day of fall, and I was overjoyed about it. So many great things came out of fall: my birthday, apple-picking, pumpkin-picking, and Halloween. I was outside, Ramses attacking leaves as they limply fell to the ground. This was his first autumn here, and back in the desert there was no falling leaves. He ripped the brown leaves, delighted by the soft tearing sound that came from it. I felt a freezing breeze come over me, causing too many leaves for Ramses to attack to fall to the ground. The chilling breeze was from winter, sending its icy warning of its upcoming arrival. Ramses would just hate the winter, he would go outside as little as possible. Winter would be too cold for him.

I had just noticed rain clouds above us. It was cloudy today but I did not suspect much rain. But sure enough, I felt a few tiny droplets of cold rain drip onto my face. Ramses must of felt it too because he covered his head with his wings and ran to the door like he always does when it rains. Feeling the rain officially begin, I opened the door and we rushed inside. Only a few minutes later, it was down pouring. The gutters were choked with water and it seemed like many people were playing tiny drums on our roof, each of them just banging on the drums....not in order,not together, just randomly beating the drums.

Ramses hopped onto the couch and lay down, while I went near the window to watch the rain. I was peaceful, and calming. Yes, it looked exactly the same every second but I could still sit there and just watch the rain. Some people did not understand this and I know they never will. But I don't care. That's who I am, that's what I do, and they can't change that.

Now me and Ramses wanted to go apple picking today, but it was obvious we could not. We would do it tomorrow for sure.

~The next day~

It was a clear day, sun shining, only a few puddles resting on the ground, slowly drying up. We went outside to get into the car. I opened the door for Ramses and closed it when he got in, then I got in and I backed out of the driveway to get to the orchard.

We got out of the car to see a mass of people getting in and out of the orchard, a few with runes on their shoulders or walking beside them. A few muddy puddles filled the dirt path that lead us into the apple orchard.

I was holding a basket of at least ten apples while Ramses had one in his mouth and one on his back. Ramses stumbled on a rock and dropped the apple that he was holding into a huge pile of mud. When he picked it up, the mud moved. Confused, I picked some of the mud off to reveal a wing of a rune! I gasped. We needed to help it, it could suffocate in this mud! Ramses dropped the apple and helped out, scraping the mud from the runes face first so it could get air. I used my finger to carefully remove the mud around the rune's eyes, and Ramses had taken care of its mouth and nose. I was so relived it was alive and healthy. I gingerly put my hands under the rune's wings and slowly lifted it from the thick mud. I noticed there was a nearby puddle that didn't have much mud. I placed it in the puddle to wash it off. It didn't really flinch much as I cupped my hands with water and poured it onto the muddy rune. Once at least half of the mud was gone, I realized this was a harvest rune. These runies were everywhere in the orchard, gliding from tree to tree and eating the rotted apples that had fallen to the ground. I didn't mind them, in fact they were keeping the place clean by eating the rotten apples. They kept chirping to eachother, one even swooped right near me and almost snagged an apple from my basket! I knew these runes were fond of people.

As I poured water over the runes left wing, it made a hissing sound and I noticed a huge gash on the rune's wing. It had a few splinters secured into the gash. It could get infected! I washed it out a few more times before taking it out of the water. "This might hurt... but it's for your own good..." I murmured to the rune, very carefully pulling the splinters from the injured wing. "I wonder what happened to you..." I whispered. It was clear this rune went through a lot of pain. "Come on, I'll fix you up." I said, putting down the apples. We didn't have time to buy them yet. I ran to the car, started it up, and we went home.

"Lay here." I murmured sweetly, carefully putting the small rune onto a towel that was on the couch. I treated the wound with ointment then wrapped a bandage around her small, fragile wing. "You will be able to walk around but don't even think about flying; you'll just get injured more." I warned it. It looked back at me with thankful, deep orange eyes that made it seem as if the rune had two bright orange ambers as eyes. I stroked it on its golden brown back. It was decorated with beautiful designs. "You are so beautiful..." I said quietly. The rune gave an exhausted chirp in reply. "I'll leave you alone now to rest." I murmured and walked out of the room.

A few weeks later

The rune was all healed now. I had named her Saphira for the time being, but it was time to release her back into the orchard. We were at the orchard now, and the small rune was staring back at me. She blinked once and flew into the ocean of trees. A few seconds she came back with an apple in her mouth. She walked over to me and dropped the apple at my feet. "Thank you." I sighed sadly, cupping my hands around the apple. "I will use it to remember you." I stroked Saphirus on the head one last time. "Goodbye, Saphira." I turned and walked back to the car. I put the apple in a cup holder and then drove off. The rune had been a good friend but she would've wanted to stay in her orchard home. About halfway through the way home, I heard a small crunch. It wasn't Ramses, he was at home sleeping. (and there was no way I was waking him up!) And of course Saphirus was at the orchard.... right? I decided to take a look at what made the crunching sound. I pulled over and peered into the backseats. The apple lay on the floor, a big bite taken out of it. But there was nothing there that could've taken the bite. I sighed and drove back home. When I was on my road, I saw the small face of a harvest rune pop up on my mirror. No point in pulling over now. I turned onto my driveway and looked backseat, where the harvest rune sat. "Saphira...?" I raised an eyebrow as the rune chirped in reply. "You wanna live with me?" I asked. The rune flew over and landed on my lap. "Okay.... you can, of course." I finally broke into a smile. "Oh Saphi! You are the best birthday present someone could ever have!"

Last edited by iSolar on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 21 times in total.
And here we have
"Rock That Looks Like a Face Rock".
The rock that looks like a face.
-Grunkle Stan
iSolar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sneky » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:45 am

WIP!
Owner Name:
snowyowl379
Bearer:
Autumn. She is a moody twelve-year-old girl, with long, blonde hair put back into the braid. She lives on a vast farm with her other Rune, Daydream. She likes to run around in the fields with Messis at her side, and Daydream on her shoulder. According to her mother, she has 'the perfect life.'
Name:
Messis (Latin for Harvest)
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)

Dropping out
Last edited by Sneky on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kirbylover901 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:28 am

Owner Name:
Kirbylover901
Name:
Copia
Personality:
~Happy-Go-Lucky~
Copia, being the rune she is, enjoys life and its beauty. Her aura reflects this, as she has a bright goldenrod aura, and tends to spread cheer wherever she goes. This attracts the attention of others, making her popular in a nice way.
Copia followed the farmer eagerly through the fields. It was her first harvest day- the time Harvest Runes helped the farmers! She was quite excited, and hopped after the human, even if she tripped sometimes. The human lifted his hand down, and Copia happily hopped on. The wind rushed past her, and the little rune rose up to the corn. Copia waddled over to a stalk of corn, and bit it off, sending it falling on her. She shook it off and proceeded to pick another. Minutes flew by. Copia's eyes lit up as the last stalk of corn was visible. She jumped out of the farmer's hand and dug her claws into the corn. She struggled and wriggled, attempting to get the vegetable free. When at last the corn broke free from its prison, Copia went tumbling down into the dirt below. She crashed, corn in grasp. The farmer looked down in surprise, and Copia smiled. She held up her prize proudly. I did it... She thought. I harvested on Harvest Day!

~Friendly~
Copia is quite the friendly fellow, and is able to bond with almost anybody. If a stranger comes, she treats them with care. If a farmer comes, she assists them in any way possible. She also feels that everything has a purpose... as she likes hugging little plush toys, and playing with extra corn, especially Indian corn.
Copia snuggled up in the human's pocket. Traveling around was fun, especially when it could lull you to sleep. But Copia was too excited to sleep. She was going to use a little slasher claw- a tool that older harvest runes used- to gather wheat today! She popped her head out and watched as humans and runes alike easily chopped down the wheat, and looked up thoughtfully. The clouds looked like little loaves of bread that the wheat was used to make.
A hand came down and carried her out of the pocket, and on to the slasher claw. It was smaller than the human version, but cool nonetheless. Copia picked it up and held it rather awkwardly, swinging it at a wheat stalk but only getting a small fraction of the stalk. Another harvest rune, who was also harvesting, wasn't fairing better than her.
This rune was chopping thin air, and couldn't get a grip on the slasher. Copia thoughtfully hopped over and asked, "You need help?" The rune nodded gratefully, and she backed away to let the more experienced rune have a shot. Copia held the claw high like a silver treasure, then swung it down with a surprising force. A wheat stalk drifted down in front of the other rune, who looked up in appreciation at Copia.
"Wow." It said, eyes sparkling. Copia smiled. "Glad to help." She said, and watched as the other rune was patted on the head by another farmer. She'll learn it soon enough. thought Copia, marching back to her own stalks and picking up her slasher again.

~Careless~
Copia, being the happy-go-lucky type she is, doesn't care about much except harvesting and helping. If she falls, she gets back up. Some say that this is more of a trait of defiance, but Copia considers it as 'being a go-getter and ignoring nuisances'.
The rocks came down on the entrance. Copia was exploring Crysta Cave with her harvest friends, Jack, Will, Monica, and Jacki. They were set off to find a golden stalk of wheat, in the cave of treasure. Will was leading, Jack and Jacki were following Will, and Monica and Copia were trailing behind. Monica had a neutral expression, but from her occasional remarks Copia knew she was sulking. Copia was the opposite, walking along without a care in the world. She knew the treasure was calling to her. The group of harvesters trekked on, and arrived at the Crystal Grotto.
"The Crystal Grotto!" Will gasped. "There must be thousands of crystals here!" Indeed, thought Copia. The cave itself seemd to be glowing, with small crystals, big ones, colorful ones, drab ones, and sparkling ones. Monica rushed over to a red crystal and tugged it out. "This one is mine!" She declared, and grasped it just to prove it. Will's eyes gleamed. "This one belogs to me now!" He said sharply, attacking a rune-sized ambver crystal. But Copia marched over to the shining golden light ahead, and held up the golden wheat stalk. "This is mine," she said triumphantly. "Those crystals were nothing compared to this treasure." Copia beamed, and dashed out of the cave to show her farm friends, leaving her rune buddies looking at dust.

A holiday rune? How grand! And once again, simplicity takes the show with an elegant design! Ironically, it also comes to the thread a few days after my b-day, as if it's a fall-themed birthday present! As an added plus, colors are very fitting for a party-worthy holiday. And, of course, this rune is another great fan-fiction character- what more could a rune fan and avid writer ask for?
In my rune character thread.
Yes.
Any Quirks:
Being a harvester, and getting so much food, Copia has a habit of biting stuff.
Copia also likes hugging soft things, likes pillows. Anyone who tries to sleep on a pillow gets a little pinch... since Copia is probably already sleeping on the pillow.

Art:
Copia with her golden wheat stalk ^^

Stories:

The Pumpkin Festival

Copia smiled as she watched the humans pick up the pumpkins and place them on tables. It was a tradition- the farmers would harvest pumpkins, and the runes would carve festive designs in them. She knew her design this year- a cornucopia with little farm crops. She had to wait until the supplies came out, but she had planned the carving while she waited. Now that she had the tools, however, she just had to wait until a perfect pumpkin presented itself. Her friends, such as Monica and Will, had chosen pumpkins right away.
Copia was going to wait- the strict farm policy said that once a rune chose its pumpkin, it must carve that one. The pumpkins were lifted onto the table again and again, when finally a good one came. It was a plump pumpkin, about twice a rune's height. Copia hopped over, and began to carve. She etched in the cornucopia, added the corn and wheat stalks, cut out little pumpkins, and finally put a little rune on the cornucopia.
"There." She announced proudly, dropping her tools on the table. The human judge walked over in interest. He smiled, and placed a golden statue of a miniature rune on a pumpkin. Copia beamed and held it up high. The judge patted her gently and moved on to see the other pumpkins. "The pumpkin festival is so much fun!" She exclaimed, hopping down and rushing back to the barn.
Last edited by Kirbylover901 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Do you remember when Staff Litter month
was in November? ...I do."

Vanilli invites you to check out Fox-n-Key!

Sirius suggests you visit one of the other
websites I'm on by clicking on the links below!

Flight Rising

Kirbylover901

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iSolar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:22 am

One question, how big is the Harvest rune?
And here we have
"Rock That Looks Like a Face Rock".
The rock that looks like a face.
-Grunkle Stan
iSolar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lemondropkitten » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:44 am

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous <3
    hey! I'm lemondrop (he/him). I hop on here sporadically.

Image Image Image

spare some love for your
local bugs and spiders.

good morning,
good night.
lemondropkitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups