28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Topaz Lizard Rune

Postby Benathorn » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:58 am

Gemstone

Owner: lemondropkitten
Breedable: Yes
Type: Topaz Lizard Rune

"A Rune From The Deep"

The Topaz Rune is a species of the jeweled lizard runes, and all have one thing in common. Their especially long and sticky tongues that are excellent at catching their favorite prey, bugs! The Topaz Rune is a dweller of deep caves and fissures among the more rocky terrain of Eldemore. Their eyes are three narrow slits on each side, which light up the deep caves as six eyes bore through the darkness. They have little need for actual sight and rely on and heat detecting eyesight that is able to pick up the slightest amount of body heat. Since prey is few and far between in these deep caves, the Topaz Rune will eat almost anything that moves and preys upon the bugs that hide in the crevices along the walls. Using their long sticky tongue to get into the cracks, they lick up any unfortunate insect that scurries from the walls. The Topaz Rune then stores most fat into it's tail so that it can rely on these reserves in case the pickings become slim. They can go without food for over a year but would much rather have a meal before that happens. Their body tends to illuminate a faint golden bio luminescence, which glows and attracts it's prey to it, making hunting so much easier then sticking it's tongue into every crack it can find. These dragons are often found alongside the Cave and Crevice Rune, as their opposing colors create a beautiful glow in the dark caves of Eldemore.

Judging for forms ends September 23 midnight CS time.

Rules

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 1-3 hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Code: Select all
[center]
[b]Owner Name:[/b]
[size=85](Your Username goes here)[/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[size=85](Dragon's Name goes here)[/size]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[size=85](Male or Female?)[/size]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[size=85](What is the dragon's personality like?)[/size]
[b]Why do you wish to have him/her:[/b]
[size=85](State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)[/size]
[b]Where will you keep him/her:[/b]
[size=85](Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)[/size]
[b]Would you like to breed him/her in the future:[/b]
[size=85](This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)[/size]
[b]Any Quirks:[/b]
[size=85](Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)[/size]
[b]Other:[/b]
[size=85](Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)[/size][/center]
Last edited by Benathorn on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Topaz Lizard Rune

Postby xtr.terrestrial » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:04 am

RESERVED with the name topaz, gold, or mitalica

[ hunter . she/her . bi ]

X . X . X
xtr.terrestrial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sculi the Ax » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:07 am

Wow
Stunning....
I may try, but most likely won't have enough tim... >.<
You did an amazing job on him/her! <3
Kickthe Gher gave me a pig! oDo
❒ Taken
❒ Single
✔ Waiting for a madman in a box...
An apple a day keeps the doctor away,
but The Doctor is cute, so screw the fruit

Teehee, Dan was here x3

I used to be SCULIAX and Skuliax ~ No stealing
Dat sexeh ladeh Dan Howell made my avatar. Give her some fluffles for it, yeah? c;

~ My characters ~
ImageImageImage
WIP :3
Sculi the Ax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ɾïṿεṉḋεll » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:24 am

reserved: name Etta

Owner Name:
rivendell
Name:
Etterania
more commonly known as Etta

Personality:
wip
Why do you wish to have him/her:
wip
Where will you keep him/her:
wip
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Yes! She would have the cutest little glowing babies!
Any Quirks:
wip
Other:
wip!
Last edited by ɾïṿεṉḋεll on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spacefiller
spacefiller
spacefiller
spacefiller

secretly 1000 lizards

i am a big baby nerd who likes to draw and write. i like fruit snacks and dinosaurs and space way too much. panace demigirl and really good at making blueberry jam muffins. i'd love to talk with you about anything! especially if you start off with a really cool space fact.

ɾïṿεṉḋεll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bast-et » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:30 am

Oh my gosh Thorn; I really wanted a custom runie exactly like this one; you may expect me to begin my form soon because I already have a personality a story for him! EEEK, so much love <3

Owner Name:
~Bast~
Name:
Fidelis
Personality:
The topaz is a gem of fidelity; Fidelis upholds this character trait. His promises are honored to the word, his loyalty is forever, and once you have won his heart, it can never be returned. However, no one would want to. Fidelis is a spunky rune that can be both comical and fierce at once. He uses his big tail like a club to affectionately bump his bearer and friends, and he can wink with all six of his eyes. When he is deep in hunting mode, he begins to move like his prey; he hops like a cricket, inches like a caterpillar, or scuttles like the cave spiders. So don't ever play him in a serious game of charades- he will always win. Bright and adventurous, a cave is the perfect place for him. He shines in the dark, and the changing landscape of the caverns never bores him. Don't think that he never leaves his cave system though. After it rains, all those tasty squirmy wormies come to the surface, and Fidelis will venture out for a feast. He can also be convinced to journey out by his close friends and his bearer.
I love gold things. It's just about the shiniest and prettiest color ever. I'm addicted to shiny things. And this runie wins the gold medal for shiny XD Besides that, I love your set idea! All the jewel lizards complement each other and add to each other's designs. I see all of them with very distinct and quirky personalities, which makes me love thinking up poses and stories for them. If I am lucky enough to win this boy, I would love to get permission from other jewel lizard runes to make a picture of all of them. His tounge really makes me smile everytime I see it and I just adore his six eyes. How amazingly awesome are six eyes??? Like, way more awesome than two. Back on track though, this topaz runie has pretty much stolen my heart. He is gorgeous, unique, he glows, and he even likes bugs, hehe. I'm a bug fan (except mosquitoes) and I can watch them all day. Seeing a normally dignified rune mimicking one would make my week, no joke. I also really like that he is based off of a gem; all gems have symbolic meanings. Working those symbols into his personality and story will be a challenge and pleasure. So, lots of love for this boy, thanks for the opportunity Thorn!
I am in the process of making a thread just for my runes. Until then, he would have a permanent spot in my character thread. All of my characters rotate through my signature, about weekly. He also would live in my sketch books with all my other well loved characters. (I really need to get a scanner to upload all my sketches). And I might at some point have a avatar made with him; I think he would be an adorable avatar =D
Most likely; to suit his main personality trait, fidelity, he would only ever take one mate however.
Any Quirks:
When hunting, Fidelis often subconsciously begins to move like his prey; he takes thinking like your opponents to the extreme.
Fidelis likes winking at his friends or when he finds something funny. Sometimes he winks just one eye, or all three on one side.
Fidelis is fascinated by flashlights XD

Other:
I had grown just a bit, and maybe learned some restraint in my sculpting; I didn't hear, "Cei! What do you think you're doing???" from Bast or my mother's scolding. But the restraint was driving me stir crazy! Aludra glared if I tried to carve trees, and Bast watched warily whenever I passed a blank surface in the cottage. I really needed to go somewhere. And so a trip was prepared for me.

The night before I left, Mom came to council me. All young runes have to take off eventually; it didn't console poor Serca any. Her green eyes were sad, and her beautiful tail drooped. Determined to give good advice, Secra ordered an orb opened. It sped forward and stopped before my eyes. It unfolded, and I found myself looking through the eyes of countless Pictish runes eyes; I met every god and goddess, the Faerie Queen, aquainted myself with creatures more legendary that runes like myself, and learned of the success and failures of many explorers. When my mind returned to the present, I felt prepared. Mother had chosen the best way to teach me. But watching the adventures play out was not the same as an adventure as my own. My wanderlust was still high, and the adolescent fever sparked in my eyes. That next morning, I set out.

The sun was high, the sky was cloudless, and a soft breeze blew through the air; I imagined the tree's rustles were encouragement, and fly through their branches with happy abandon. As the world spun, I carelessly passed through the forest. A short conversation with a deer found me a stream where I caught a fish for my mid-day meal. A chat with a bird informed me of a storm coming the next day, but with the fearlessness of youth, I ignored her warning.

The next day of my adventures dawned bright and clear, and the storm warning vanished from my mind. It wasn't until mid-day that the first cloud appeared in the sky- after that the storm moved in fast. The once gentle wind now grew to gusts that prevented my from landing safely. Dark cloud turned day to night, and I soon lost my bearings. Sheets of rain drenched my wings and stung my eyes... And then I was falling, down, down, down, with sodden feathers.

I hit the ground on my side in a deep puddle. I arose from it coughing up water, but physically unharmed. If anyone had found me in that moment, I would have seemed pathetic; I shivering mass of drenched feathers, completely devoid of any sense of adventure. Despite the warnings given to me by my mother, only true experience could prove how little of adventuring lived up to expectations. But recognizing my pathetic state roused me slightly, and I began to search for shelter... But the rain might also have helped some too.

I didn't see the cave. The landscape around me was already pitch-black, and the only signal that I had entered was the cease of pounding rain on my head. The sudden transition from loud storm to quiet cave left me scrambling for a moment. And although I knew it wasn't wise, I began to wander through the cave blindly.

Rocks scraped my face, and invisible snags caught my tail. Miserable as I was, when I saw the pulsing gold light beyond me I believed I had imagined it. But no, as I stumbled closer the soft light grew brighter. I turned the corner- and was bowled over by what seemed like a solid gold wall as it raced past. The glowing rune- I saw it was a rune now- moved bizarrely. He raced along the ground, his tail waving back and forth, and then he would jump into the air and flap his wings. But as odd as the spectacle was, it seems to work. He changed directions almost before than the moth he chased and gained ground until *snap-crunch* he ate it.

I moved over to where the golden rune sat happily munching.
"Was that a bluewing moth?" I asked. The rune swallowed with a smile and replied,
"A what? It was crunchy."
"A bluewing moth. They're supposedly really good luck."
"I don't know about that. But it seemed to be good luck; it led me to a new friend." Half of the rune's eyes blinked a wink at me. And I couldn't help but smile back.
"Haha, I guess the storm that dropped me in here was good luck too!" a sudden thought occurred to me-"I don't suppose you would mind if I carved your stalagtights, would you?"
"Carve my stalagtights? Are you some sort of artist?"

And so we spent the rest of the stormy day talking about my mother, and troubles, his loneliness, and occasional boredom. And we made an agreement; I would travel aboveground, and when I found a worthy story I would come back to my glowing loyal friend and carve it into his caves to keep him company. And I began with my story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Surely you were never that little!" Fidelis laughed, observing the finished first panel of my story on his walls.
I laughed with him. The time in the cave with him had returned my earlier opptimism, as well as filling me out. Carving stone was more difficult than the wood carving I was use to, but now my talons were sharp and sure. Fidelis's encouragement and enjoyment of the project kept me motivated. And all too soon, the first project was done. My journey was laid out in stone, and ended in a picture of Fidelis and I together sharing a crunchy centipede.

When I left the cave, it was only after many more days exploring with Fidelis. And so I flew away... But I knew I would be back soon with a new tale for my friend, a new purpose, and lots of time to spend carving his cave.

I really wish I had time to make some art of him, but this week was extremely busy. I am glad I finished my story though, because he deserved a complete form =]
Last edited by Bast-et on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:20 am, edited 9 times in total.
Bast-et

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cakepopcat » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:48 am

Owner Name:
(Your Username goes here)
Name:
Caramel cluster
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)

WIPP
cakepopcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animales » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:52 am

~Ara~
W.I.P at the moment <3
Owner Name:
animales
Name:
Ara
Ara is a beautiful costalation located between Scorpius and Triangulum Australe and also the latin word for "altar".I plan to name her Ara becuase she seems to shine like a tiny golden star. I like to think it suits her very nicely<3 I've always liked names with some meaning behind them, like names in latin or differnt languages or named after something in this case a costelation.
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
I've always wanted a Rune dragon. I never posted, but I always watched for the rune for me(well that came out creepier that I intended). Many Runes came by, many beautiful runes but none seemed to fit. True they were all lovely but they didn't suit me. Have you ever seen something and you just knew it was perfect? Well that my my exact reaction. She looked like a tiny golden shiny star or a creature from a completely differnt world covered in star dust. I can just imagine her, glowing in the depths of a cave. She's truly beautiful. My plan was to wait till the Lapis rune came out and probaly go out for that one but my eyes fell upon the Topaz rune. But with her dazzling golden base, glowing golden gaze and precious gems scattered across her, I torn up my plan and decided to go for her instead. Ara looks like something that you'd find in my dreams,litteraly. She's flawless, perfect almost too good to be true. Ara would be my very first rune dragon and she would be very well cared for<3 She'd probaly be used in the Roleplay and be featured in the doodles that cover my worksheets.I'd love and be touched to be Aras owner
Personally I'm a big fan of writing stories so she'll have a few of those..Sadly I do not have a character thread but I could make oen or give her a private thread! Ara would not be allowed to collect dust. Again I'll keep her active with the RP,stories and some art and other stuff! Art won't be a probelm,I have pets to order some art, maybe do a few art trades or try making my own^-^ Though I'd probaly be traditional. Sorry but I'm better with a pencil and some paper. As for breeding since I don't own any other runes I'd breed her with someone elses. I have a few ideas, I think another gemstone rune would be a nice match...
Defaintly
It would be a crime not be breed her, she so pretty and I´ve never seen an ugly rune dragon,imagine how stunning the babies would look<3 I think I´d like to breed her with one of the other gemstone lizard runes.

Any Quirks:
Ara has a moth-like attraction to any light in here deep dark world. Any light will work, the ligh that emmits from her, the blinding one light at the mouth of he cave and even the lights of the star scattered night.Yes even jelwey will work(the sparkling the better!). She often loves to do this on the darkest nights to make a huge lumosecent glow so strong it lights up the entire cave in dazzling light.

Other:
gigantic W.I.P
Last edited by animales on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 13 times in total.

wip and stuff c:
animales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lemondropkitten » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Owner Name:
lemondropkitten
Name:
Gemstone.
I'm not really sure what made me choose this name. Maybe it's because of the sort of gem shaped marking on his wings and tails, or the golden color that made me think of a golden gemstone. I kind of think of this name as more of a female name, but I really saw this Rune as male, and the name Gemstone seemed to fit him quite well. All in all, this guy reminds me of a golden gemstone, and so I gave him the name Gemstone. Two other names that I thought for him with Spark and Electric, but Gemstone really seemed to fit him best. I kind of prefer to name characters simple names, sometimes if I can't think of a name I go to Google Translate (or pick up my English to Spanish book) and look up a name in Spanish or another language and use that, but mostly I just use simple names. Sometimes more complex names, but not usually. Gemstone was simple and nice sounding, it fit him quite well, and he looks like he has gemstones on him, thus I named him Gemstone. I really had fun finding a name for this guy, and I hope you like the name Gemstone for him as much as I do.

Personality:
A prankster.
Gemstone is very good at playing pranks on people and Runes, but normally does not do them on Sparrow and Lemon. He enjoys watching peoples startled and confused expression when they get home from the market, take out what they bought, and find that there is some stuff missing, or when they get home and find mud splashed on their windows. He defiantly loves to play pranks.

Grumpy.
Gemstone can be very grumpy at times, though he is normally quite relaxed and calm and, of course, a prankster. He is usually only grumpy on windy days, when it is harder for him to fly, or days when the cave is super damp or super cold. He also gets grumpy on really hot days, and is most energetic when it is stormy. On hot, muggy, summer days, he can get quite grumpy.

Friendly.
Gemstone is basically friendly with everyone he meets, be it a Rune, human, or another animal. Sure, he does loves to play pranks on people, but is quite sweet and very friendly. He loves to meet new people and play with his friends, and especially enjoys playing with Lemon's cat, Cattail.

Helpful.
Gemstone loves to help people. He once helped Sparrow pick purple and hunt crayfish, helped Lemon cook (by putting teeth marks in a bag of brown sugar, knocking over the bag of apples, and spilling the cinnamon on the floor.) But of course, it's really the thought that counts . He defiantly loves to help.

Protective.
Gemstone can be very protective of his friends, and sometimes even people he doesn't know. He didn't know Trinket, and yet he attacked the hunter to save Trinket. He flew off to find Sparrow when Lemon hurt her arm, and is all in all a very protective Rune at times. If you even say something mean to one of his friends, he will defend his friends.

Sweet.
Gemstone is quite a sweet Rune. He is almost never mean (only if you threaten him or one of his friends) and loves to help others. If he sees a Rune, human, or animal hurt he always tries to help it. He is defiantly a very sweet Rune, and if you ever need help with something, you shoulder go to Gemstone!

Gemstone loves bugs, of course. He loves to hunt them, eat them, and also loves how they taste and look. He is defiantly one bug loving Rune. Though he can go a year without food, he prefers not to and tends to eat any bug that happens to cross his path.
Flowers.
Gemstone likes flowers, mostly ones that are golden or yellow, such as yellow roses, golden crocus, daffodils, the list could go no forever. He loves how flowers smell, look, and everything about them.
Dragonflies.
You don't usually find dragonflies in caves, but when he's not in a cave, Gemstone is always searching for dragonflies. He simply loves them, how crunchy they are, how they taste, and even just how they look.
Honey.
Gemstone loves honey. His favorite thing to eat is a dragonfly drizzled with honey, which Lemon often makes him (as long as he catches the dragonfly.) He absolutely loves honey.
Glowing things.
Gemstone is attracted to things that glow or sparkle. When he found out about glow sticks, he immediately loved them, and Lemon has to keep them around in case he comes over to her cottage wanting one.
Caves.
Gemstone absolutely loves caves. He loves small caves, big caves, narrow caves, wide caves, cave chambers, cave crystals... it is for sure he loves caves. He never is away from one for too long.

Dislikes:
The smell of tea.
Gemstone does not like the smell of tea at all. If he's in Lemon's cottage and Lemon is making tea, Gemstone goes outside almost immediately. He simply does not like the smell of tea.
Hunters.
Gemstone hates hunters. He simply hates them. If he even hears the sound of a gun, he hides. If he sees an animal that was injured by a gun, he helps it. Like he did for Trinket, Gemstone sometimes attacks the hunters and then flees into the cave.
Being away from a cave for too long.
Gemstone can be away from a cave for a day and only a day. If he's away from a cave loner then that, he gets grumpy, tends to fidget, and stares into space, and he sometimes also chirps quietly.
Being alone.
Gemstone does not like to be alone. Even in the cave, he almost always has the company of small animals, sometimes bats, and sometimes even foxes and other animals like that. He tends to become sad when left alone.
Being called "Gem."
Gemstone demands to be called by his full name, and hates it when he is called "Gem." Once, Lemon called him Gem, and he got a annoyed look on his face. She never called him Gem again.
Mean people and Runes.
Gemstone does not like mean people and Runes. If he sees someone being mean to one of his friends, he always stands up for them and never talks to anyone who acts mean, and hates when people fight.

Well, I wasn't going to try for another Rune for a while, after having to drop out of the Ruby Lizard Rune due to writers block, but when I saw this guy while stalking the Rune Dragon thread (XD) he took my breath away. How could I not try for him? The six eyes, the golden color, his design, everything about him is pure love. I absolutely love lizards. When I saw the Emerald Lizard Rune , I fell in love with it, though I didn't try for it. When I saw another Lizard Rune had come out, and fell so completely in love with it I couldn't help but try, but had to drop out. I just love shades of yellow and golden, and so, of course, when I saw this Rune, it was pure love. I have always wanted a lizard in real life, but with five cats and a dog, I don't think I'll get one, and also the fact that my mom does not like lizards that eat stuff like crickets. So, having a Lizard Rune would make me very happy, and if I won this Rune I would be very excited and happy.
His eyes might be my favorite thing about him, though I love everything about him. Thank you for the chance at getting at getting this beautiful Rune, and I will work hard on my form so I will hopefully at least be considered as her new owner, as there are already so many good forms.

I would, of course, add him to my character thread, display him in my signature for a long while, spoil him with art, give him tons and tons and tons of love, sketch him in my notebook a lot, maybe RP him once I get a little better at RPing, draw him digitally and traditionally, and lots and lots of other stuff. I just love him! I would write stories about him and Sparrow, and stories about just him. I would possibly breed him with Sparrow, but probably not. I haven't found the right Rune for her yet, and though I bet they would have gorgeous babies, I don't think he is right for her. I would do basically everything with this boy.
Yes, but very picky
Any Quirks:
Gemstone simply loves to hunt bugs. Yes, he hates humans hunters, but he doesn't really consider hunting bugs real hunting. When he spots a bug, he flicks out his long tongue and grabs the bug, or sometimes he pins the bug down with his claws. He finds hunting crickets almost impossible, though, and once, while hunting dragonflies next to a pond, he forgot to spread his wings when jumping out of his hiding place and plunged in the water. He was grumpy for the rest of the day. He prefers to hunt bugs on foot, and mostly hunts them in the cave. He waits in silence for an unfortunate bug to crawl out of a crack in the cave wall, and, with a flick of his tongue, the bug is caught and crunched. Kind of like a snake, Gemstone uses his tongue to crush the bug (except they use their tails) and then he pops it into his mouth and eats it. He can go quite a long while without any food, but now that he has met Lemon he comes to her cottage where, during Spring and Summer, there is tons of bugs around.

Gemstone likes to sleep in places that are higher up, such as the tallest chair in Lemon's cottage, or the tall rock in the cave, or a tall tree in the woodlands. No one knows why this is, but Gemstone cannot sleep if he is on or near the ground. He loves and needs to be high up to sleep, and once he was at Lemon's cottage and she had painted the tall chair so he couldn't perch on it. He tried to sleep on the bed post, on some of the other chairs, but ended up going back to the cave because he couldn't fall asleep. That is probably his oddest quirk.

Gemstone loves lightning. If he even sees a flash of lightning or hears thunder from inside the cave. He dashes outside and stares at the sky in excitement. Most of the time, he goes into a tall tree and watches the lightning. No one knows why, but he absolutely loves lightning. How it flashes across the sky, how it zig zags, how it appears for only a few seconds and then vanishes. Yes, sitting in a tree during a storm is quite dangerous, but Gemstone loves it and doesn't care about the danger. He simply loves lightning in every way.

Stories:
It was only a few days before the first day of fall. I was excited, because my birthday is in October, and I love the season of autumn. I had decided to go for a hike in the woodlands, and Sparrow had come with me. She didn't feel like perching on my shoulder, and so she flew a little ahead of me instead. We hiked past many trees that were already changing color. I watched a crow land in a tree, and picked up it's dark black feather that had fallen from it while it preened. I put it in my bag and continued on.

Soon, the terrain started to become more rocky as the woodlands started to thin. Sparrow finally went to perch on my shoulder and, I think, she might have fallen asleep for a few minutes. I tripped a couple of times on rocks, each time Sparrow letting out an annoyed chirp. "Sorry." I said, laughing a little. Sparrow flapped her wings as I tripper again, but then a gust of wind blew and one of her bangels came off and she flew after it and quickly went out of sight. "Sparrow! Wait!" I cried, running after her.

I soon caught up to her, panting. She had pinned the bangel against a large rock, which was right next to a cave! "Wow." I said, peering into the cave. "Come on, Sparrow, lets go explore." I said. Sparrow shook her head and flew off back into the woodlands. I rolled my eyes. Sparrow sure didn't like to be out of woodlands. I started to go into the cave, and suddenly thought I saw a flash of light. "I must be seeing things." I said to myself, going deeper into the cave. The cave got larger the farther I went, and after about twenty minutes had passed, the cave opened up into a chamber. crystals grew on the walls of the cave, and were let up by a bright glow.

Suddenly, I though of something. Where was the glow coming from? I looked below the crystals, and there was a Rune Dragon! It was gorgeous, gold with a long, flicking tongue. "A Lizard Rune!" I gasped. I had heard of these Runes while shopping at the market. The person I had been buying some fresh bread from had one perched on it's shoulder. I had asked him what type it was, and he said it was a Lizard Rune and told me about some of the different types of Lizards Runes. I looked closely at the Rune, and realized it was a Topaz Lizard Rune!

I tried to approach the Rune, but it fled to the other side of the chamber. I saw it was chasing after a beetle, and not fleeing from me. It's long tongue flicked out and caught the beetle. It crunched the beetle and then, after it was done eating, it looked up at me and let out a chirp. I tried to approach it again, but slipped on a shallow pool of water on the chamber floor. I put my hand out to stop the fall, and pain shot up my arm. "Ow." I muttered, realizing my arm was either broken or sprained. I guessed broken. "If only Sparrow had come with me." I said to myself.

The Rune cocked his head at me, and suddenly spread his wings and flew out of the chamber. I couldn't stand up. The floor was too slippery, and I couldn't manage to get up using one arm. I sighed and hoped that the Rune would come back. Now that the Rune's glow was gone, the chamber was completely dark.

It had been over twenty minutes since the Rune left. I managed to find my bag that was next to me in the dark, and rummaged through it until I found a granola bar. I managed to take off it's wrapper with my good arm. I took a bite of it, and it tasted quite good. Suddenly, I saw a soft glow coming into the chamber. It was the Rune! And what was flying behind it? I looked at it closer, and realized it was Sparrow!

Sparrow flew next to me and looked over my arm. She pulled out three of her own feathers from her wing, and put them on arm. It almost at once began to heal, and healed enough that I could use it to stand. "Thank you for bringing Sparrow." I said to the Rune. As I began to leave the chamber, Sparrow perched on my shoulder, the Rune flew ahead of us to light our way out.

When we got out of the cave, the Rune stopped at the entrance. "I'll come to visit you." I said. The Topaz Lizard Rune nodded and turned to go back into the cave. Sparrow kept looking back at the cave even once we were back in the woodlands. I don't know, but I think she might have actually liked the Lizard Rune! I smiled to myself. This day had sure been interesting.

---

A few days later

---

Trinket padded along on tired paws. His fur was ruffled by the gentle breeze that blew through the trees and made the leaves rustle. He suddenly felt a pain in his left front paw. He lifted up his paw and used his muzzle to get the stone stuck between his toes out. He then put his paw down and continued on. He suddenly herd voices and rustling, a loud bang sounded, and bullet nicked the top of Trinket's ear. He let out a yelp and ran as fast as he could out of the woodlands. The terrain becoming rocky, but Trinket managed to leap from rock to rock with ease, while the two hunters had a harder time. "In here!" A voice said. Trinket's fluffy tail bristled. He quickly looked around, and there was a cave! He dashed into it.

Unfortunately, the hunters had seen Trinket go into the cave. One of them went over to the cave and was stepping into it when a gold blur flew past Trinket. It flew onto the hunter's back and started to claw at the hunter. The hunter let out a yell and dropped his gun. "What is it?" The other hunter said, dashing over and pulling the gold blur off of the other hunter's back. "It's... it's a Rune Dragon! We could get a lot of money for this creature. Leave the collie, this is worth way more!" The hunter said. The Rune struggled, but it was no use. The man had an extremely tight grip. The hunter picked up the cage he was carrying and opened the door. Then the other shoved the Rune into the cage and latched the door shut.

The two hunters then took off, back into the woodlands and appeared to be heading toward the town. "That Rune saved me. I can't let the hunters take it." Trinket said, and started to followed the men. Trinket was a purebred collie who was stolen from his owner by the two hunters because he was worth quite a bit of money. He had been kept in a dirty cage until one day he broke open the cage door and escaped. The hunters had been tracking Trinket ever since.

Trinket followed the men to town, where they headed into a abandoned shop. Trinket went behind the shop and hid behind a bush. The men came out of the shop and bustled down an old road. They then turned a bend and went into a more wooded area, and tucked between two large trees was a small cottage. They went inside, the Rune still fighting against the bars of the cage. Trinket went over to the window and peered inside. It was just like he remembered it. There was a few dirty cages lines up against the wall of the cottage. one was empty and the door was broken, which was the on Trinket had escaped from. The Rune, in a cage perched on top of a cage containing a beautiful red tailed hawk, looked frightened and was pacing in the small cage.

Trinket waited by the cottage until the hunters left. He then pawed open the cottage door, which was foolishly left unlocked, and padded quickly over to the the Rune. He unlatched the cage door, and the Rune hopped out and perched on Trinket's back. Trinket also let the red tailed hawk free, and a small, gray fox. "Thank you very much!" The fox said happily as it scampered out the door. The red tail hawk screeched and flew out the door as well. "Lets go, then!" The Rune said, and Trinket burst out the cottage and into the trees.

Trinket took the Rune back to the cave. "Follow me." The Rune said, and so Trinket followed him into a cave, into a chamber, and then down a smaller, steeper part of the cave that then opened up into an area where the rock was smooth and almost sparkled. "The hunters can't get us here." The Rune said. "My name's Gemstone, by the way." The Rune added. "I'm Trinket." Trinket said, sitting down. It felt good to relax his tired paws. One of the Gemstone's eyes suddenly turned to a part of the wall. Crawling along the wall was a bug. He flicked out his tongue and caught the bug, eating it happily, he went to perch on one of the few rocks that stuck out from the smooth ground. Trinket then closed his eyes and fell asleep.

---
The first day of Autumn
---

I opened the door of my cottage and headed into the woodlands. Sparrow was waiting on the branch of a pine tree when I got to the woodlands. She flew down and perched on my shoulder, giving a happy chirp. We were going for a hike back to the cave to visit Gemstone. My kitten, Cattail, was trotting beside me as we made our way through the woodlands. It was a nice, mildly windy day, and I was excited it was the first day of autumn.

Along the way to the cave, Cattail chased leaves and a few squirrels, and looked up, mystified, as a flock of geese flew above us. His fur had gotten thicker since the cooler weather started, and he looked quite funny, as some of his fur was still shorted in patches. Sparrow soon got bored perching on my shoulder and flew ahead of us. Cattail looked like he was getting tired, so I scooped him up in my arms and we continued on.
Soon, we got to the rocky area. I stumbled a few times on the rocks, but not as many times as the last time. When we reached the cave, I put Cattail down and entered the cave. "Gemstone?" I called. I suddenly saw the distinct glow that comes from Gemstone. He let out a happy chirp and landed in front of me. Suddenly, I heard something else coming, and a dog stepped out of the cave. It was a collie!

The collie's fur was dirty and tangled. It looked around cautiously. Gemstone looked at the collie, and suddenly the collie stepped over to me. I rubbed the collie's head and ran my hand down it's neck, and I felt something covered up by fur. It was a pretty, purple collar with white stripes, and on the end of it was a tag that said Trinket. "Hello, Trinket. Would you like to come back with to my cottage?" I asked. Trinket nodded his head slightly. Gemstone gave a chirped and hopped onto Trinket's back, and we headed back to my cottage.

On the way back to my cottage, I took more time to look at all the pretty trees, their leaves turning gold, brown, and red. I suddenly remembered the crow feather in my bag. I rummaged through it, and finally found it next to Cattail's tail, who was sleeping inside my bag as he does sometimes. I handed the feather Gemstone, and he seemed attracted to the dark black feather as he quickly snatched it from me. Suddenly, there was a loud bang. In fright, Sparrow chirped and flew off. But it wasn't her usual startled chirp, it was a chirp filled with so much fear I couldn't believe it. She was soon out of sight. Cattail poked his head out of my bag, but I gently pushed him back into the bag. Trinket whimpered and Gemstone flared his wings and narrowed his eyes. There was another bang, and a goose fell out of the sky and landed by my feet. I looked around quickly and grabbed the goose before I turned and ran toward my cottage.

Sparrow was perched at the top of the crab apple tree when I reached the cottage. She flew after me as I went inside, followed by Trinket and Gemstone. I closed the door and locked it. Blood stained my hands from the goose, and I searched for it's wound. One of it's wings had been hit by the bullet, and it was bleeding pretty bad. "Sparrow, a little help?" I asked. Sparrow came over, shivering slightly, and pulled out a few of her feathers and put them on the goose's wing. It stopped bleeding, and healed a bit. I cleaned the blood off of the goose's wing, and wrapped it in a bandage. Then I lay the goose in a basket with a little blanket in it. Cattail sniffed the goose, but didn't seem too interested in it. Just then, there was a knock on the door.

"You four, go in the bedroom. Quick!" I said to Sparrow, Gemstone, Cattail and Trinket. I opened the door, and standing there was two hunters. "Yes?" I said. "Hello. We lost our dog and Rune. The Rune is golden, and the dog is a collie. Have you seen them?" One of the hunter's asked. "No, I'm very sorry." I said. "Okay. Thank you for you're time." The other hunter said, narrowing his eyes. Then the two hunters turned and headed toward the town. I closed the door and locked it.

"You guys can come out now." I said. Sparrow flew over to me and landed on my shoulder. She let me stroke her wing feathers gently, and it seemed to calm her down. Something must have happened with hunters before I met her. I shook my head and looked over at Gemstone. He looked angry, his feathers still bristled. Trinket looked relieved the hunter's had left, and Cattail was already snoozing on the couch. Suddenly, I heard a honk. The goose had woken up and gotten it's self into a sitting position. It seemed quite tame when I approached it, and I figured it must have been an escaped pet goose.

After an hour and a half, after I had cleaned and brushed Trinket, who was now very soft and fluffy, I said goodbye to Gemstone and Sparrow who left my cottage cautiously. I yawned and started to get ready for bad. I hoped the hunters wouldn't come back, but I decided to be on guard just in case. I gave the goose a little plate of some lettuce and veggies, which it eat hungrily, and said to myself "What a crazy day."

Mini Stories:
---
The pond
---

Gemstone's mouth watered. He had been tracking a group of dragonflies that had finally made their way to a pond and stopped their. Gemstone waited, watching for one to come close. One did, but before Gemstone could snap open his wings and catch it, it flew away. He sat quietly in a patch of reeds, he had been there for at least an hour, and then sun was starting to set. Suddenly, a dragon fly landed on a water lily. Gemstone jumped into the air, but, in all the excitement, forgot to open his wings and plunged into the water of the pond.
Gemstone grumpily got water and watched the dragon flies. He was hungry, and decided to go back to his cave to see if he could find some sort of bug to eat. He made sure to note to never for get to open his wings while hunting dragonflies by a pond.

---
The squirrels
---

It was early in the morning, and Gemstone wasn't even awake yet. He perched on top of the stone in the cave, when suddenly a scratching noise awoke him. Then the scratching noise stopped, and he ended up falling back asleep. Then the scratching noise started again, and then turned into a pitter patter of little claws and paws running through the cave. Gemstone blinked open on eye and sighed. He soon tracked the noise to a pair of young squirrels that had gotten lost in the cave. They looked up at him with wide, dark brown eyes. Gemstone needed his sleep, and so he decided to help the young squirrels get out of the cave, which turned out to be harder then he though it would.
First, one of the squirrels decided to go down on tunnel in the cave, and Gemstone had to go get him. Then they started to play, running around the cave at top speed. But soon, they started to get tired, and jumped onto Gemstone's back and curled up, falling fast asleep. Gemstone shook his head and headed out of the cave.
Once outside, the squirrels woke up and jumped off his back and went up a tree. Gemstone just went back into the cave to go back to sleep.

---
The great cricket hunt
---

Gemstone hadn't eaten anything all week, and so when he heard crickets outside, he dashed out side of the cave. Crickets were everywhere, hopping around in the grass. Gemstone guessed they had all hatched since it had rained the night before. His mouth watered and he started to stalk one, getting closer and until he shot out his long tongue and crunched it. It was so delicious. He wanted more, and waited until one jumped right into his path. Again, he shot out his tongue and crunched it, just like the last one. Suddenly, he spotted a huge cricket. It was only a tiny bit smaller then his claw! He stalked up behind in, but it hopped away. he followed it for at least a mile, until, at last, it stopped, fluttered it's wings, but before it could take off, Gemstone trapped it between his claw. He then licked it up with his tongue and crunched it happily, before heading back to the cave.
After eating a dozen more crickets, Gemstone went into the cave to sleep.
Last edited by lemondropkitten on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:24 am, edited 6 times in total.
    hey! I'm lemondrop (he/him). I hop on here sporadically.

Image Image Image

spare some love for your
local bugs and spiders.

good morning,
good night.
lemondropkitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups