Thicket Rune

Postby flyteck » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Owner: Erbro~Jemmy
Name: Brambleleaf
Breedable: Yes
Type: Thicket Rune

Judging for forms will end on August 30th

The Story of the Hidden Rune~

I was traversing the forests on a normal day, watching the leaf and acorn runes dart through the leaves. It was a late summer day, with the cool breezes of fall whispering through the trees. I was generally uninterested, that is, until I heard a loud, scratching sound. Following my ears, I soon found patch of brambles. From within, a set of amber eyes gazed out at me. They looked like the eyes of a rune dragon, although I was unsure. I attempted to reach into the bush to retrieve the rune, but it hissed at me and scrambled backwards, deeper into the bushes. I thought it was in danger, and went to get some hedge clippers. It was gone when I returned. However, I did spot and manage to capture the rune the next day. Due to it's odd, branch-like wings and love of living in the brambles, I named it the thicket rune. It has boundless energy, and has a liking for wild carrots (the root of the queen's anne lace plant)

More on the rune:
The thicket rune is a very loud flyer, and has a painful bite (but very rarely bites). It is unable to glide like most dragons, and must constantly flap it's wings, much like a hummingbird (although it cannot hover). You can hear a thicket rune coming from miles away. Thicket runes also always have amber/yellow eyes, and large, round pupils. The leaves on their body change colours in the fall, but do not fall off.

Rules:
~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 1-3 hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Form
Code: Select all
[b]Owner Name:[/b]
[size=85](Your Username goes here)[/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[size=85](Dragon's Name goes here)[/size]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[size=85](Male or Female?)[/size]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[size=85](What is the dragon's personality like?)[/size]
[b]Why do you wish to have him/her:[/b]
[size=85](State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)[/size]
[b]Where will you keep him/her:[/b]
[size=85](Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)[/size]
[b]Would you like to breed him/her in the future:[/b]
[size=85](This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)[/size]
[b]Any Quirks:[/b]
[size=85](Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)[/size]
[b]Other:[/b]
[size=85](Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)[/size]

(I fixed this post, if I missed anything Bena, just tell me)
Last edited by flyteck on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thicket Rune - Up for Adoption!

Postby Sculi the Ax » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Wow O.O
I love it.... he/she is spectacular!
Kickthe Gher gave me a pig! oDo
❒ Taken
❒ Single
✔ Waiting for a madman in a box...
An apple a day keeps the doctor away,
but The Doctor is cute, so screw the fruit

Teehee, Dan was here x3

I used to be SCULIAX and Skuliax ~ No stealing
Dat sexeh ladeh Dan Howell made my avatar. Give her some fluffles for it, yeah? c;

~ My characters ~
ImageImageImage
WIP :3
Sculi the Ax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:36 pm

I may enter If I have time
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverhart » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Oh my gosh! He is fantastic flyteck! He is so handsome, and I love his branches! You did such a stupendous job!
Silverhart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurealis » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Ou, I love how his horns turn into branches! So cool! :D
Please feel free to call me Aure or Aurora.
Thank you Neelix and SplashofOrangeJuice for the lovely art of my JBD Summer and Pocketmouse for this art here!

My tablet is broken... D':
Aurealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:47 pm

It is a beautiful Rune Flyteck, but please make sure to provide the forms we have made for adopting out runes. We do not request certain images to be created when adopting out runes and try to leave the creativity open for the user to decide. You must also post the end date large, and for everyone to see, as well as our rules that we place up for each adoptable. Also, Our judgings never go over a week, so September 5th is far too long for this to go on. Please change the date to a week or less. These were all stated in our rules for GA so please be sure to read them.

Example:

Judging for forms ends August 25th midnight CS time.

Rules

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 1-3 hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Code: Select all
[center]
[b]Owner Name:[/b]
[size=85](Your Username goes here)[/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[size=85](Dragon's Name goes here)[/size]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[size=85](Male or Female?)[/size]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[size=85](What is the dragon's personality like?)[/size]
[b]Why do you wish to have him/her:[/b]
[size=85](State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)[/size]
[b]Where will you keep him/her:[/b]
[size=85](Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)[/size]
[b]Would you like to breed him/her in the future:[/b]
[size=85](This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)[/size]
[b]Any Quirks:[/b]
[size=85](Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)[/size]
[b]Other:[/b]
[size=85](Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)[/size][/center]
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Ah thanks Bena. I couldn't find the form so attempted to make my own. On my phone so I can't fix it now, but I'll fix it ASAP. Thanks for the nice comments everyone, and I hope to see some of your forms o3o Also, I seem to have had a memory lapse with the rules, as I read them. My memory is going to kill me one day ene

EDIT: Fixed it. I think I got everything now ^^
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sneky » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:20 am

COOL!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolterGengar » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:51 am

Absolutely beautiful~ <3 I must try out for this one.

Owner Name:
Dark_Amethyst
Name:
Ninjin (means "carrot" in Japanese. I thought that made sense since he likes to eat carrots. ^-^)
Personality:
Ninjin is energetic, usually flying around a lot when he's bored. He is curious about the things around him, although bigger creatures tend to scare him. He is rather quiet and shy, so he won't actually approach any other Runes without knowing them a bit. He can also tend to get scared easily when on edge, but Ninjin usually tries to be brave. Despite all this, he is a big sweetheart.
Why do you wish to have him/her:
Well I absolutely love nature, so seeing this Runie made me happy to see it was up for adoption <3 I would be so happy if he was to be my first Rune dragon~
Where will you keep him/her:
Well I would keep him in my charrie thread, maybe find a spot to put him in my siggie. Also Ninjin would be all over my walls in my bedroom.
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Maybe~
Any Quirks:
Ninjin has the funny habit of biting the leaves on himself during the fall, since they are the color of carrots. Also, seeing how energetic he can be, Ninjin will fly up against my window like a fly, trying to get outside so he can explore. He also doesn't like rain, so if he suspects rain, he will cower and refuse to go outside.
Other:
Sorry if the colors are off.
~
Ninjin quietly walked through a field, glancing at everything around him. The day was mostly clear besides a few clouds floating around here and there. He sat on the ground and started pulling at the leaves on his wings, which were turning orange with the coming of fall.

After a moment he stopped trying to eat the leaves on his wings and settled down in a patch of long, dried, soft grass. After glancing around for a moment, Ninjin put his head down on another soft patch of dead grass and fell into a light slumber.

He was flying, flying through a thick, rich forest. He landed on a tree branch, blending in nicely. Ninjin loved his natural habitat. He flew down from the branch and onto the ground, where he pulled a root from a plant. A wild carrot. He smiled, taking a bite from the orange delight. Juice splattered uncontrollably on his face, and Ninjin awoke.

The clouds were now dark, the sky crackling. There was rain all over Ninjin's face. Squawking like a parrot, he shot up into the air and looked around for cover. He hated rain. He flew all over, the rain beginning to pour, and finally spotted a small tree. Ninjin dove down and perched under it, getting a little bit of cover from the storm. He heard a crackle of thunder, and the rain started pounding down. He sighed in relief, but the tree wasn't going to hold for too long. Water began dripping through the small fragile leaves and Ninjin sighed.

Barely knowing what to do, he started digging. Ninjin dug a few feet down and curved the hole under and through the roots of the tree. He grabbed some dead grass from around the tree and threw the patch down into the hole. Ninjin smiled, dully proud of his work, crawled in and settled down inside. He didn't like the mud around him, but very quickly he was able to fall into a nice slumber as the rain stormed on outside.
Last edited by PolterGengar on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tony/Ame | They/them
HoshidanPride and I sometimes share the same IP.
PolterGengar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theymightbetod » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:41 pm

[center]Image
Owner Name:
teeganm
Name:
Arbor
Latin 4 tree.
Or Ar For A Nickname.

Personality:
+Dare Devil
+Sweety
+Thoughtful
+Smart
+Caring
+Curious
+Social

Why do you wish to have him/her:
I love Rune Dragons...
And your art Flyteck.

Where will you keep him/her:
He will nearly be my fursona,
right next to Cornilius and Shard.

Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Probably Yes.
Any Quirks:
On an occasion, Arbor will sneer into my garden, and hide in the bushes, sometimes he get stuck... But he will try to steal the neighbors carrots from their veggie pach!
Last edited by theymightbetod on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
previous usernames here have been deep space; & hey.im.raven

im not really active on cs anymore, but if you want to check out updates and art then id reccommend going over to my deviantart

deviantart account - jbds - My characters-

theymightbetod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me