Artist maluruloki [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Tomb Guardian Rune - iSolar

Postby maluruloki » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:27 am

wrote:
"The Tale of the Tomb Guardian Rune"

I was honored when Benathorn and Jendalie approached me about an adventure off to the deserts of the Middle East, near the Nile River. Of course I jumped at the chance to travel to such an area and my eldest Rune, Delyth, chose to accompany me. I left the other three at home, figuring that Muse would be able to keep an eye on Summanus who, in turn, could keep an eye on little Phaedrus. That was an adventure in itself, but I'll save that for another time.

The deserts surrounding the Nile are bone-dry, filled with shifting sand dunes and mirages from swirls of sun-baked air. Along the Nile River itself, lush green plants, almost alien-like in their existence, grow within reach of the water and provide life. It was the third day on the trip and I hadn't come across any new Runes. There were one or two Desert Runes off in the distance, but they sand-surfed away from me with much haste. I think Delyth was somewhat offended, but offered no comment from my shoulder. What caught my eye was where the Desert Runes vanished. What I thought was an outcropping of rock turned out to be, at closer inspection, the recently-cleared entrance to a tomb!!! I guess the wind had blown away the sand dune surrounding it. I was lucky enough to have a flashlight in my backpack at the time and descended into the dank darkness.

It was a small tomb, but apparently important. My flashlight's beam traveled over untouched golden symbols and clay statuettes tucked into niches in the narrow tunnel's walls. I was almost all of the way down the tunnel when a low hissing seemed to fill the stagnant air around me. Delyth and I both froze, eyes wide, as this - THING - seemed to float out of the wall before us. It was about the size of a jackal, all black, with the most startling glowing blue, golden and red colors over its dusky body. The eyes, a blood-curdling crimson, glared into mine. My heart leapt into my throat not only with fear, but with elation - it was a new Rune! It blended right in with the artifacts around it with its hooded head and symbol on its wings. My elation was short-lived as the Rune opened its mouth, showing a bright purple tongue and fangs about four inches long, and an echoing shriek shattered the silence. I'm not ashamed at all to say that Delyth and I ran out of there screaming. We made it outside just fine, but when I realized that I had left my flashlight in the tunnel, I was absolutely annoyed. When we went back down in there again, the Rune was guarding the flashlight. I rescued my flashlight, but only after waking up on the tunnel floor with Delyth sitting on my chest, keeping the Rune at bay. I had touched one of the reddish-colored spines and apparently, an incapacitating venom is dispersed at their tips. At this point, I think it became apparent to the Rune that I wasn't there to steal anything and it just sat back to stare at us.

Look...that Rune is still down in that tomb. I'm not brave enough to try and make it my friend, but you're welcome to!
Just watch out for those spines.

FACT: This Rune has a chameleon-like ability to fade mostly into shadowy corners. Creepy.

Huzzah! wrote:Congratulations, iSolar!!!
Ramses was taken with how kindly you treated him in the adoption center. Also, I was totally in love with the concept of him hoarding fast-food wrappers. How eccentric! Please enjoy your first Rune and give him lots of love!!!
Last edited by maluruloki on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tomb Guardian Rune

Postby Aurealis » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:38 am

This is a really neat rune! I love the story behind him! :D
Please feel free to call me Aure or Aurora.
Thank you Neelix and SplashofOrangeJuice for the lovely art of my JBD Summer and Pocketmouse for this art here!

My tablet is broken... D':
Aurealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 am

tiki11 wrote:This is a really neat rune! I love the story behind him! :D

Thanks, tiki11. :) I definitely had fun whipping up the design!

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azure23 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:45 am

[He is gorgeous! I love the eyes the most. Good job!]
Eldemore.com! wrote:Image
Azure23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:00 am

Owner Name:
(Your Username goes here)
Name:
Amirn prononced A-mir. His nick name is Rin
Why I choose this name:
I choose this name beacause it means prince or comandor. I thought he looked very princly in his coat of blues, reds, purple and golds. In ancient Egypt some of these colors showed wealth and power like purple, red and gold. Blue was to show welath too beacause of the wealth of the Nile River.
Personality:

Why do you wish to have him/her:
I have to say this is one of my favorite runes so far and I would be overjoyed if he was mine. I fell for him the moment I saw him. I loved the way his wings looked whith the big and small feathers. I also loved his colors. His markings were and are perfection. Then his eyes well lets just say I could sit there and gaze into them all day. then when I clicked on his and noiticed he had an earing. I knoew he was the rune for me. Then I read the sotry and what he was based on and it was like I was looking at the rune of dreams. I really, really hope to calm the wild spirit of this rune and clam him as my first rune!
Where will you keep him/her:
Well I`d keep him in my siggy, in my new character thread I am making, I would make him his OWN chacter thread as well as the other one, he would feature in stories and animations, and drawings. I would also make sculptors and lets just sat he would be loved and constantly on my mind. xD
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:
Well it all depends if I find a mate that I think can handle his atitude and his other quirks. I also be super picky as I am whith all of my charries. I would also be intrested in the possiblites of the offspring I could get whith this guy. So yes in the future ypu can expect me to bred him.
Quirks
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Story
I looked cautiously at Sophie and Delyth, then at the entrence of the tomb. I took a deep breath and took one more look at them before steppiing into the murky temple entrence. I turned on my flash light, it flickered a couple times as started
Last edited by Flowerdust on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bananaturtle » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:01 am

Owner Name:
(Your Username goes here)Bananaturtle
Name: Sizzle
(Dragon's Name goes here)
(Male or Female?)
Personality: ecstatic all the time and always jumping too fast
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
Why do you wish to have him/her: He's soo detailed and cool!
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Where will you keep him/her: I'm coppa'd
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature: No
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks: He wants live on the moon
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:no
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
Bananaturtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SubtleBurn03 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:03 am

Might try out. Cute rune ^.^
Daniel and Chubacabra <3 Thank you Neelix
Check out my Adoptable Creature Shop!
Image Image

My sister is LovelyEcho07. We do share the same device a lot, so please don't ban us!
SubtleBurn03

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraBeast » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:04 am

Oh. My. Gosh. This little guy is beautiful! I love him, and his stroy is amazing! I will have to try out for him :D
ImageImageImage
AuroraBeast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temperance. » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:09 am

Didn't plan on entering for another Rune so soon after Vorren, but this handsome fellow seems like he'd fit right in with Kat and Vor, so I have to try for him. 'specially since I have a special fondness and love for ancient Egypt, pharaohs, tombs, and the like XDDD

Owner Name:
Ashwyn

Name:
WIP

Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)

Why do you wish to have him/her:
As I mentioned at the top of my form, the instant I saw him I knew he was egyptian based. I happen to adore the history behind Egypt, find it fascinating, so that drew me in initially. I'll admit that I still wasn't 100% set on trying to adopt him yet, but after reading your blurb and staring at him some more....well, I just couldn't help myself <3 He seems like such a fascinating character, and I have some pretty neat ideas for him <333 Looking forward to fleshing those out and seeing if he really can mesh in with Kat and Vorren, which in itself would be quite a feat.

WIP

Where will you keep him/her:
I've been working -slowly- on a thread for my Rune dragons, so he would be living there, and taking his turn in my signature of course <3

Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:
It's possible, I'm not saying yes definitively because I'm not sure if he'll ever find a suitable female. But if one did come around that I feel would suit him as a mate....then I would definitely want to breed them ^^

Any Quirks:
WIP

Other:
WIP

══════════════════════════════════════
T E M P E R A N C E
══════════════════════════════════════

Female| INFJ |Christian | Kintaur Mod

ImageImageImage

> Call me Temperance, Tempy, Kat, or whatever you feel like.
> I love animals and decided to pursue a dog training career c:
> I have broad tv interests; everything from anime to sci-fi
> Banished is my new fave series (gifs to left are from the show)
> Literate writer with oodles of characters but very little time.
> Canadian!!! Whoop whoop! Bring on the maple syrup ;P
> Only posting occasionally - sort of on a semi hiatus

Temperance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me