Based on Click to view
Artist monta, [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

SWE - RE | #99 | Blue Roan Leopard Appaloosa

Postby monta, » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:31 am

appaloosas pain me on a physical level
this didn't take over an hour, I just kept getting distracted.
you have my sincerest apologies for the lateness of your rescue.

Rescued from the event.
For lulu0000

Background: "With her personality, it's hard to tell this mare was ever neglected. Despite being rescued at half of what she should weigh, having jagged, sharp teeth, and ungroomed hooves, she has always been trusting of her rescuers and other workers at the center. Bouncy and sweet, this mare has been through much without even realizing her mistreatment. Her previous owners, an elderly couple who, while they loved horses and owned many, along with a few SWEs, had no idea how to care for the creatures, and allowed them to do as they pleased in a depressingly small pasture. Eventually, the couple decided to move closer to their family, and, not having enough money to care for their horses and SWEs, sold them to the auction house. This mare, being about twelve years of age, will need her teeth floated regularly, along with an appointment made with a farrier to care for their overgrown, cracked hooves, and a dietary plan should be made with your vet to help get this mare back to her original weight. While, due to her neglect, she was never trained to be ridden, it's possible in the future when she gains more weight she may be trained. Whether you decide to do this is up to you, but she will make a wonderful companion regardless of what you decide to do with her."

Owner: X
Show Name: Once in a Blue Moon
Barn Name: Moonlight

Form
Code: Select all
    [b]Show name[/b]:
    [b]Barn name[/b]:
    [b]Halter color[/b]:

[b]Task 1[/b]:
    [b]Task 2[/b]:
    [b]Task 3[/b]:

The halter will be added only after you complete your tasks, and then they is officially yours. Until then, they may not be used in breedings.
Last edited by monta, on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

x

╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
x
x

infp-a ⤬ chaotic good ⤬ aro-ace
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
hey there, i'm monta, feel
free to call me mon. i'm n
ot very active here anymo
re but i still check in ever
y now and then!

ImageImageImage
monta,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SWE - RE | #99 | Blue Roan Leopard Appaloosa

Postby Caspian Skies » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Show name: Once in a Blue Moon
Barn name: Moonlight
Halter color: Sky blue

Task 1: I begin to look over the new arrival. She seems sweet and friendly. I think to myself. "Hey girl" "i'm going to fix you right up" She looks at me, seeming to understand my words. I begin to lead her into her new stall. I fill her pail with water and she drinks greedily. "Is that better girl?" She almost seemed to nod, if I didn't know any better I would have thought she understood me. I fead her a small treat, being careful not to give her anything to rich. I grab her lead rope and begin to open her stall door. I lead her out of her stall and to the grooming station. I began to groom her gently with a curry comb, she was looking better already! I picked out her hooves and brushed her mane and tail. After she was groomed I lead her back to her stall. Just as I was about to close the door she came up to me i reached up to pet her. I stroked her face softly. She let out a sigh if contentment, it was as if she knew she was safe at last. She looked at me in the eye and a moment of understanding passed through us. It was like we finally understood each other. This was when I knew we would be best friends. I stroked her once more before I grabbed the stall door. I closed the stall door and happily walked out of the stable, excited for what was to come.

Task 2: The farrier arrived the next day he took one look at her hooves and knew just what to do! He set his tool box down and grabbed the required tools then began his work. He finally finished about an hour later her hooves looking better but still in need of more care. The vet arrived soon after, he talked to me about a new diet plan for her. He gave me what I would need and he also floated her teeth. She didn't seem to enjoy this very much bit she put up with it anyway He then left, picking up all of his tools and getting in his truck. I began to start her on her new diet and after just a week you started to see a change. She seemed more lively and she looked a bit healthier. "You look a lot better girl" she seemed to nod at me. I stroked her neck softly for awhile before putting her back in her stall and exiting the barn.

Task 3: Six months have now passed since I got her. She has gained a lot of weight and her hooves are well kept. I have decided to start training her. I walk her out into the corral and begin to lunge her. She responds well to my commands. I praise her then decide to move on to something more challenging. I pick up a sack of grain and set it on her back. She seems nervous at first, but soon calms down once she realizes it won't hurt her. I gently patted her shoulder in reassurance. She seemed not to mind the heavy sack of grain that much. I Took the sack off of her back and lead her back into the stables. I lead her to the grooming station and began to groom her. This is where we bonded most. I brushed her soft fur gently careful not to hurt her. She stood calmly enjoying every second of it. I finally lead her back to her stall and left the stable. The next day I took her into the corral once again and repeated the previous days training. Life went on this way for two weeks before I brought out her tack. I started with her bridle. Since she was used to wearing a halter she did not object to the bridle. I then put her saddle pad on then put the saddle onto her back. She seemed not to like it at first, but after a day or two she seemed okay with it. At last I attempted to mount her. I slowly began to raise my leg over her back. "It'll be okay girl." I tried to reassure her. I successfully climbed onto her back the swiftly dismounted. I repeated this several times. After a week I rode her for the first time. She was very obedient, following all of my commands. I took her back to the stables once again. I took her back to her grooming station and started to groom her. She immediately relaxed and it was now that I knew we had formed a bond that will last for a lifetime.

That moment when you finish all your tasks in one day. :shock:
Caspian Skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SWE - RE | #99 | Blue Roan Leopard Appaloosa

Postby monta, » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:11 am

Good job on her tasks! The halter will be added in a few hours as I'm in class at the moment c:
╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

x

╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
x
x

infp-a ⤬ chaotic good ⤬ aro-ace
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
hey there, i'm monta, feel
free to call me mon. i'm n
ot very active here anymo
re but i still check in ever
y now and then!