AISP #25 // Sooty Silver Dapple Grulla

Postby FoalMoon » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Do not post
Registered name:
Call Name:
Height: 15hh
Capture Location: Alaska
Coat Color:Sooty Silver Dapple Grulla
Genotype: Ee//aa//Dd//ZZ//STYsty (Will always produce silver foals)
Disposition and Condition wrote: This stallion was found in Alaska, along with two other stallions. It is thought to be a small bachelor herd (one without any mares). He is quite skittish, and spooks at the slightest of things. In order to be trained, he needs at least one horse to be around with, because he gets jumpy when alone. He is overall healthy, besides a few parasites.

Registration wrote:Username:
Stable/Reserve Name:
AISP Name:
AISP Gender:
AISP Coat color:
AISP's Dam: Foundation
AISP's Sire: Foundation
I've moved to Smilus!!
FoalMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: AISP #25 // Sooty Silver Dapple Grulla

Postby ABeardedDragon » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:37 am

Registration wrote:Username: ABeardedDragon
Stable/Reserve Name: Dragon Valley Stables
AISP Name: Mamba // Silver Serpent
AISP Gender: Stallion
AISP Coat color: Sooty Silver Dapple Grulla
AISP's Dam: Foundation
AISP's Sire: Foundation

Retrieval
731 words
I had left the airport to find a car with a horsebox waiting for me. It was cold outside, the bitter Alaskan air was harsher than my familiar English breeze. The car wasn't much warmer. I decided to check my emails again while waiting.
"Hello, Dragon Valley Stables. Your application has been accepted and you have been assigned this stallion." Along with this was an attached picture of a sooty silver dapple pony and the location of the reserve. It took a few hours before the car stopped in the wilderness. I stepped outside and pulled my jacket closer to my body, desperately seeking warmth. Surrounded by frosty meadows and pine trees, I felt small compared to them; but it was still a beautiful sight. The reserve owner came to greet me. We followed the dirt path to a corral. It was steel with an octagonal shape. I could see my stallion along with two others. He stood at the back, keeping his distance and watching us with caution.
"He's handsome," I said.
"Are you fine gettin' him yourself?" the owner asked.
"Probably," I replied. With that they handed me a halter. He was wild and fearful of me, making it difficult to work with him. I eventually managed to separate him from the others with two fences. The stallion thrashed against the fence and tried to run into it, hoping it would break. I was worried about him injuring himself. After a few minutes of struggling, I realised that I had no chance of putting the halter on him. Instead, I called for the driver that brought me here to back the trailer up against the corral. We moved the fence that blocked the way in. The stallion started squealing. He dashed into the box and frantically kicked at the walls. We rushed to shut the doors behind him. After that, it was a trip back to the airport; the first few minutes of which he still acted wild, but later calmed down.

Now he had to be moved from the trailer to the plane. I managed to enter through a side door. He was calmer now, tired from his efforts and the journey. Though as I approached, he tensed up. I noticed a small amount of blood on his rear left leg. He had cut his leg somehow. It didn't seem to be a significant injury. I wasn't sure what to do and decided it would be best to let the flight crew know. I managed to stroke his neck slowly. The stallion snorted and breathed heavily, nervous; he watched me with wide eyes and pinned his ears slightly. After a few minutes he finally allowed me to put his halter on. I lead him out of the trailer, he walked next to me. His steps were jumpy and tense, he was extremely alert of his surroundings. I noticed that he wasn't limping, a good sign. Once or twice he attempted to pull away and run in fear. Luckily, I could keep him under control by making him walk a few circles around me, calming him. It seemed like forever before we reached the plane.
"He's cut his leg," I informed one of the staff. It only took a quick glance before I got a reply.
"Oh! It's fine, we'll take care of it," they said, "make sure to ring the vet after though."
"Alright," I said, "thank you."
I then left him and went back to the waiting room. I couldn't fly with him and instead had to catch another flight. It was an eighteen hour flight before I could get home.

It was dark. I lead the stallion out of the airport where my partner waited for me, with our personal vehicle and trailer. This time the pony was much more relaxed, he didn't even seem to care. The poor boy probably just wanted to sleep. It was a three hour drive to home. We didn't talk much as we were so tired. The sun was starting to break when we got there, painting the valley with soft yellow hues and looming shadows. We took him into the warm comfort of the barn, placing him in an empty stable. It was only for the night. It would make tomorrow; well, later, easier for us. After settling the new resident in, I curled up into my own bed.

The Vet
271 words
"So what are we naming him?" my partner asked.
"I sort of like Mamba," I replied hesitantly.
"Whatever you want, he's yours," he said and we hugged briefly. There was a rattling knock at the door. It was the vet. We welcomed him into the house and told him about the new pony, warned him that he was feral. After that I walked to the barn with the vet. Mamba stood in the stable. He had his head down, but as soon as he noticed us he moved away from the door with his head high and alert. It took a few minutes of trying to catch him and dodging a few kicks before the vet decided it would be easier to sedate him. His overnight rest had renewed his strength, the stallion was ready to put up a fight again. He was darted, not enough to knock him out, just enough to make him easier to handle. It was easy to put a halter on him and tie him. I watched as the vet touched from his neck to his rear and checking him over. He listened to his heart and breathing. He put some cream on Mamba's leg, around his cut.
"He has a small cut on his leg," he said, "it should heal on it's own. But if it swells call me."
"Thanks." I replied and the vet left. I left Mamba in the stable for today too. I didn't feel comfortable with releasing him yet. Later that evening the vet called.
"Your pony has parasites," he told me, "I'll send you some deworming tablets; give him five."

Introduction
302 words
Mamba's second day here would be a walk around the property followed by his release. I had left his halter on overnight; something I wouldn't usually do but I didn't feel like fighting with him again. I clipped on his lead rope and asked him to follow me. Today he was much calmer. He did spook when I opened the barn doors, pulling away then refusing to come through. I walked him along our stone path, we passed the house. I waved at my partner who stood in the window but Mamba didn't like that either, pinning his ears and tensing up. I quickly learned not to make movements like that in front of him. The stone turned to dirt as we walked along the stone fences of other pastures. A few times he stopped to smell the surroundings. Some of the more energetic horses came to greet him over their fences which made him a little nervous. I stroked his neck to reassure him. We walked up the steep hill to the mountain base where one of my mares rushed towards us, squealing with her ears pinned. She lashed out at the scared stallion who reared and darted away, pulling the rope from my hands. It stung. But he ran up the mountain for a good distance before he stopped. I slowly walked towards him, softly calling his name over and over. Luckily, he allowed me to take his rope again. We simply stood for a few minutes while he relaxed. I ran my fingers through his hair and he closed his eyes. I decided that I'd try stroke his face for the first time. I moved my hand to his forehead. His brown eyes quickly opened again and he lifted his head up, out of my reach, neighing. Not yet.

The Release
284 words
After a shorter walk, we came to an empty paddock. I opened the metal gate and he followed me in. I took off his lead rope, left and closed the gate. He looked back at me, a mix of curiosity and fear in his eyes.
"It's safe here," I said to him, "I promise!"
He wandered slowly towards me and pushed his head into my shoulder. The stallion probably felt uncomfortable in a large new open space. Mamba whinnied softly. I pushed him away and stepped back. He had to learn that this was his new home. After he realized he wasn't getting any attention from me, he walked away. His head was low with his ears perked forwards. Occasionally he would paw at the ground as if he wasn't use to the rocky ground, or the lack of snow. Eventually he earned enough confidence to trot around the fence. He stopped at the side that overlooked the valley. There he reared with his grey mane flowing. It seemed that he was looking out over the sunlit fields. He called loudly before turning and galloping. Sometimes he would shake his head and lift his front legs as if he would rear again; once he bucked. Then the pony slowed and continued to neigh with his head up, flicking his short tail. Mamba followed me along the fence, looping back a few times to sprint. I left him to return home. I could hear him neighing but now he was out of sight, probably running wild again. Though, over the next few days he became extremely reserved and even jumpier then before.

Was he lonely? I had taken him away from his herd, after all.
OPTIONAL TASKS Other Horses *Another stallion. Training Wild Observation Treats Requires 'Training' task First Ride/Sled Pull Requires 'Training' task
ABeardedDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me