6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #834 - Winner

Postby Hail. » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:09 pm

ABeardedDragon wrote:
Username;; ABeardedDragon
Name;; Alduin
Gender;; Male
Writing;;
The mid-day sun scorched down on the clay scrublands of the Australian Outback. Alduin sat in the branches of a tree, slightly sheltered from the unrelenting sun. He watched his brother searching the nearby bushes on the ground.
"Come and help before we melt out here," his brother snapped. The brown viscet sighed and leaped from his perch, landing safely. His brother, Ty, was a herpetologist. They often wandered the wilderness of their homelands in search of reptiles; Ty would record any of their findings for science. Sometimes, they would find injured reptiles. Alduin ran a reptile rescue. He would take in the unfortunate creatures and care for them until they were well enough to be released to the wild. Together they had a dream to make the world love reptiles some more. In front of them there was a frilled lizard, Chlamydosaurus kingii. Alduin knew the Latin names for his favourite animals. It spread out its frill as a warning. The brothers approached the lizard and it tried to flee but something was preventing it from running. Clearly, it needed help. Ty managed to catch the reptile with a net that he had been carrying before placing it in a box. He handed it to his brother. Alduin walked across the scrublands towards their home, the floor was intolerably hot, it made his feet felt like they had been devoured in a fury of flames. Eventually, he reached his house, nothing more than average. Inside the main room, the walls were lined with vivariums of various sizes, housing many of the species found in Australia. The viscet walked past that and took his reptile to a small room in the back. It was his examination room, where he diagnosed his patients. After struggling with the frightened agama, he found that it had broken its leg. As a qualified vet, he was able to treat it. He placed the frilled dragon in a large enclosure. Now he would only have to wait until it was strong enough to return to the scrublands. Until then, Ty could research the species here.

A design I have been wanting for a while but for some reason never did it until now.

That's right. It's a bearded dragon!

This is a very limited impress me. It is cut down to one art piece no larger than 800x800 (no comics/animations) OR 350 words.

It can be your choice of what information you use, but no extras will be permitted. Coding/Prettying up does not count as an extra.
Code: Select all
Username -
Name -
Gender -
Art/Writing (max 350)

Now here comes the very fun part. for me at least. This contests end date is secret and will not be announced until one day before the competition ends. This means that there will be no extensions. Still, to help you out, I can guarantee that the end date will be no sooner than six days and no later than the last day of July (that's a four day range. Or five depending on how you count days). The time that I announce the one day notice you will have 24 hours (maybe a little more if I am busy) to complete whatever else you need. [strike](first time trying this so let's see how it goes)

Alright, good luck and have fun!
[/strike]

Code: Select all
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2563222&size=large&format=auto&rev=1468911445
Last edited by Hail. on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Alduin

Postby ABeardedDragon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:44 pm

Name;; Alduin
Gender;; Male
Writing;;
The mid-day sun scorched down on the clay scrublands of the Australian Outback. Alduin sat in the branches of a tree, slightly sheltered from the unrelenting sun. He watched his brother searching the nearby bushes on the ground.
"Come and help before we melt out here," his brother snapped. The brown viscet sighed and leaped from his perch, landing safely. His brother, Ty, was a herpetologist. They often wandered the wilderness of their homelands in search of reptiles; Ty would record any of their findings for science. Sometimes, they would find injured reptiles. Alduin ran a reptile rescue. He would take in the unfortunate creatures and care for them until they were well enough to be released to the wild. Together they had a dream to make the world love reptiles some more. In front of them there was a frilled lizard, Chlamydosaurus kingii. Alduin knew the Latin names for his favourite animals. It spread out its frill as a warning. The brothers approached the lizard and it tried to flee but something was preventing it from running. Clearly, it needed help. Ty managed to catch the reptile with a net that he had been carrying before placing it in a box. He handed it to his brother. Alduin walked across the scrublands towards their home, the floor was intolerably hot, it made his feet felt like they had been devoured in a fury of flames. Eventually, he reached his house, nothing more than average. Inside the main room, the walls were lined with vivariums of various sizes, housing many of the species found in Australia. The viscet walked past that and took his reptile to a small room in the back. It was his examination room, where he diagnosed his patients. After struggling with the frightened agama, he found that it had broken its leg. As a qualified vet, he was able to treat it. He placed the frilled dragon in a large enclosure. Now he would only have to wait until it was strong enough to return to the scrublands. Until then, Ty could research the species here.
Last edited by ABeardedDragon on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
ABeardedDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #834

Postby caesou » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:28 pm

mark
caesou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cvpidxpng » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:35 pm

Username - RainbowPitbull
Name - TBD
Gender - Male
Art/Writing -
    Day 1
    Oh! I met a new friend today! She was a bit grumpy but she smiled! My mother took a photo of us, but she seemed a bit uneasy. I never asked why.
    Day 2!
    She came back again! The same grouchy smile! I really like having her over, I told my other friends, but they didn't believe me... I got mad and hit them... It wasn't my fault!
    Day 3
    My mom went out to the store for something and left me a note saying to go play with my friend! I always listen to my mom. My friend never told me her name though, in fact she doesn't talk..
    Day 4
    Mom came back! She didn't have groceries in her hands. She gave a paper to father, which after he read it, looked at me. I got angry and snatched the paper and ran into my room. I heard them calling after me. I unfolded the paper and on the top were big, bolder words "Diagonisis: Imaginary Friend". I looked at my friend, she was as clear as day
    Day 5
    I ran away. I didn't trust them. I followed my friend. I didn't wants to see them, not ever! How could they say she is fake!
    210/350
Last edited by cvpidxpng on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
❤❤
cvpidxpng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:39 am

Username -
Name -
Gender -
Art/Writing (max 350)

res
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| Splinter |

Postby VixenGlass » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:37 am

Username - VixenGlass

Name - Splinter

Gender - Male

Writing -
The morning light shone on the dew covered leaves as Splinter ran past. He sprinted at full speed through the grassy plains he called his territory. Splinter's territory stretched for miles, with nothing but grassy hills. He jumped up at an angle landing, then skitting to a stop facing sideways. Standing up straight, he thrashed his tail with pride. He loved his territory, and it made him proud to own it, for he knew how big it was. Then, Splinter's stomach growled, begging for food. Moments later he found himself, close to the ground tracking a plump, male rabbit. He knew it was near, and kept low to the ground. After following the trail of rabbit scent, he saw two big ears that he knew belonged to the rabbit. His mouth slowly opened, getting ready to strike the rabbit. He pounced, landing on the rabbit swiftly, killing it instantly.

He lied down in the soft grass, with the rabbit in his jaws. He couldn't help but sense something was near. He stood up and sniffed the air. He turned around and met eyes with a Viscet. He couldn't make it out, but could only see it's brown eyes. He had no idea whether it was a threat or not, so kept still. The Viscet started to approach him and Splinter started to get a better view. He could tell it was a male, with golden sparkly mane. The Viscet had many range of colors, which differed from Splinter's coloring.

Suddenly, Splintered remembered that the Viscet was crossing onto his territory. "Hey! What are you doing here?" He questioned, with anger in his voice. The Viscet opened his mouth to speak. "What do you mean?" He asked. "You're in my territory." Splinter responded. "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't know." He responded, seeming genuinely sorry. "I am Jiskra, and I have no territory, I was kicked out of mine not to long ago." He stated. Splinter looked at the ground, thinking something over. "You can stay with me." Splinter responded. Jiskra's mouth dropped. "R-Really?" Splinter nodded. They have been best friends every since.
(350 words)

VixenGlass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hail. » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:43 pm

you now have 24 hours

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Hail. » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:09 am

Alright, we have a winner!! Congratulations to ABeardedDragon! I really liked your story and the character you created c: take good care of Alduin!

ABeardedDragon wrote:
Name;; Alduin
Gender;; Male
Writing;;

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
respond to both c: