#1603 - Atmospheres Royalty Winner Announced! by Stårry

Based on Click to view
Artist Stårry [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by ~Teya~

#1603 - Atmospheres Royalty Winner Announced!

Postby Stårry » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:49 am

Owner: ~Teya~
Name: Sunora
Gender for breeding purposes: Female

Ends: 7/10/17 or the top of page 3

Based on a Royal Dottyback as well as the obvious, galaxies and the sun. That only happened cause of the colors xP

Rules: wrote:-Prettying up is ok
-Stick to the limits, no extras other than whats given.
-Once the contest is closed, please do not bump.
-Be nice, above all else.
-Have fun!

Need some Inspiration? How about: wrote:-What does the purple smell like?
How does a sun even smell? :^)

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Last edited by Stårry on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to
fly away with me
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #1603 - Atmospheres Royalty

Postby miku » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:49 am

Username: Biancara
Name: Emberli
What do they smell like?: Vanilla and blackberries
Last edited by miku on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
not very active here, but i’ll probably be on for events
╔══════════════════════╗
she/they | pfp | sig
╚══════════════════════╝

miku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skylion44 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:08 am

Username: Skylion44
Name: F: Kasey M: Kasel (ka-seal)
What do they smell like?: They smell like nighttime in winter when you stargaze late at night but at the same time they smell like fresh summer breezes that smell full of life When they feel more female they smell like summer and when the feel more male they smell like winter nights.(Unlimited)
Last edited by Skylion44 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skylion44

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:15 am

Username: reygankiwi
Name: Andro
What do they smell like?:
When you look into their eyes, they smell like the air of an abandoned ship; slightly salty, with a hint of coolness that sends chills up your spine. When your eyes meet the beautiful purple swirls, they are the smell of an elite party, the smell of champagne and perfume flooding the air. And at the end of the day, they smell of warmth, of home, a gentle but giant friend that will always be there for you.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TrashFan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:20 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Username: TrashFan
Name: Mondrake

Mondrake didn't smell like anything until the raid on the perfume factory, being the rebellious "King of happiness", Mondrake was just a guy on the streets who wanted nothing but freedom, even if others think Mondrake is just trying cause chaos, Mondrake was a bit immature, as a youngling he thought he was a king and he kinda still does, however, one time he went too far,

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The perfume raid

"Ok, Gang, recently the streets has been stenched up with this horrible smell they think is good, WELL I SAY NAY TO THAT!! WHO EVEN LIKES PERFUME!!!!! "
"Sir, this is ridiculous, why that when we could do something like rob a bank?"
"That'l send everyone chasing us! Let's start with the little things!"
"Fine, but if this fails then we are throwing the king out, and guess who will become the new leader?"
"Me."
"Ok, i will make sure that doesn't happen lets go!"

-They arrived at the perfume factory,-

"Ok, everybody, steady, we have arrived at the perfume factory."
"there it is, lets quick sneak in through there!"
"King, how is breaking into the perfume factory any easier and low profile than robbing a bank?"
"We are going to shut the place down and fake bankruptcy!"
"What?"
"Basically we tell the workers that the place is going under!"
"uhh king, Watch out,"
"Ack ock lets go, Ack! Perfume everywhere!"
"Should we dump him?"
"Sure.."
"I wish i should have went through the vents!!!!"
"Aha, we got you little heist,"
"Am i doomed to defeat?"
"Nope, im making a bold sacerfice! see ya later!"
"Ack, i gotta leave now,"
"just gotta avoid him, her and GET LESS PERFUME ON MY DARN FUR!"
"Thew im out, but now i am in the red,"
"Gang!"
"Wait a letter?"
"Dear Mondrake, We left you seing that this mission was impractical, you can be the king all you want but you no longer have servants, sincerely, the gang members"
"They threw me out, now i need to GAH! I need to run!"
"I might need to cut through here!"
"WAAH"
"Sorry kid!"
-SPLAT-
"Pizza Pizza!"
"Now i got perfume, Icecream and pizza all over,"
"There it is my-"
-CRASH-
"I had to take out the trash anyway, my home!"
-Mondrake went home to wash out the perfume smell, but more smells just entered his fur-
Since that, The king has been embarrased to come out of his home, however maybe some day, he might come out, when he
thinks his fur no longer smells, but you cant remove what a person used to be.
Scents, acording to the king himself (This is still part of the prompt) wrote: Dark purple: Midnight bliss: A dark "Blackberry" like smell with a bit of lavender a think?
Pink spots: Cherry Tropic: A flower like smell with a cherry smell and... a bit of cologne mixed in? I think some of that may have got in my fur, ick!
Light Blue swirl: Ocean andromeda: the smell is kind of overpowered by the smell of bubblegum icecream, It smells like "Ocean"? I don't really know, a bit of Midnight bliss got in that spot of the fur, also a hint of shampoo too
The rest of the fur is Midnight bliss with different amounts of Cologne mixed in
the back feathers: The feathers have a light garabage smell, but aside from that its a mix of Ocean Andromeda and midnight bliss,
The sun smells warm, ok not really warm, but a strong cinnamon smell with a bit of a hot chocolate scent, im not sure what perfume got there though.
Near the end of the tail is a pizza smell mixed with a Citrus flower smell i think the perfume would be called "Citrus Daisy"?
The tail feathers smell the same as the back feathers, minus the garbage.

I hope i answered the prompt right.
TrashFan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G1 Sunstreaker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Whooaa this is nuts lookin, I love it! such a bold design! <33 mark to watch, definitely vuv
Ask my Viscets/Kalons! | My Viscets ♥ | My Kalons ♥ | Friend of Fried-Disaster, we share an IP cause we're roommates. Please don't ban us!
You can't beat the best.

Check viscets out here!
G1 Sunstreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SableShine » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:33 am

Username: SableShine
Name: Nova

"Can you not?" The viscet who had shoved past her glared at her for being in the way.

Nova ducked her head in apology and hurried by, trying not to draw attention to herself. The unfortunate thing about being as beautiful as she was, in this clan, was the jealousy. Nova had always been bullied. It was just a way of life for her now. Her mother had tried to keep things under control and, for a while, it had worked. But then she'd had her accident and now she stayed in the den, cared for by Nova herself. Nova's father was long gone. Who knew where? He hadn't wanted to stay. Yet another source of amusement for her tormentors.

Nova paused, inspecting the ground, watching the others out of the corner of her eye. As soon as no one was looking her way she slipped into the woods. Carefully, quietly, she hurried to the nearest clearing.

She was looking for the sharply-toothed leaves of the peppermint, a plant with excellent painkilling properties. She liked to keep her mother's pain damped as much as she could with the tea she made from them, often bulked out with broth when her mother could not cope with eating properly. Peppermint was well loved, though, among the clan. They had pulled up so much of it that it was getting hard to find, and Nova's bullies often lay in wait for her on her return, knowing she would not rest until she found some. She only wanted it for her mother but it was an excellent bargaining tool for those who would take it from her. Often she was so desperate she would even buy it back from them. Of course, she never told her mother this.

It took several hours of diligent searching, not to mention thorns and the occasional nettle, but Nova finally found what she was looking for. She wrapped the leaves tightly in the larger leaves she had picked for the job, and nestled them in her bag, beside the package of nettles she had picked. She sucked her paws ruefully, next time she would be sure there was dock growing in the area before she touched the nettles.

Nearing the edge of the woods Nova froze, listening and scenting the air. A whisper and a quickly subdued giggle reached her ears. Yes, they were waiting for her. What to do? She had to get home soon, night was falling and the woods were no place to be in the dark.

Nova edged backwards then silently crept away back into the woods, thinking hard. Usually they caught her out in two ways - the first, by checking her herb pouch, and the second, by the smell of mint. She sniffed at her paws, yes, they definitely smelled minty.

Removing the peppermint leaves from her bag she thought carefully. She loped over to a tree and pulled down some of the vines attached to it, stripping it down to the thinnest thread. Tying it tight to the package of leaves she slung it around her neck and tied it at the back. With a little maneuvering she could hide the leaves deep in her mane and so long as she didn't move much in their view, she should be fine. The thread was thin enough that it nestled out of sight within her neck fur.

Now for the smell.

There was nothing for it, she'd have to get stinky. She ran back the way she had come then veered sharply to the right, aware her time was short. Arriving at her destination, Nova stared at the bed of leaves before her. Skunk cabbage. Once, not long ago, she had fallen from a tree into these. The females who bullied her were merciless that day, but they had not approached her - the smell transferred at the slightest touch.

Nova took a breath then threw herself into the leaves, rolling back and forth. She picked several and crushed them between her paws, rubbing the awful stench everywhere she could reach. The package of peppermint leaves was quickly rolled up in one of the leaves too, then tied again.

At last, sure she had covered over the peppermint smell, Nova trotted back toward her home.

They smelled her before they saw her. The giggles and screeches made her wince but she held her head high and entered the clan territory. Her bullies pretended to vomit, called her everything they could think of, but they didn't approach. Pleased, Nova entered her den and began preparing several of the leaves for her mother.

Perhaps she had found a way to keep her bullies at bay, not only when she carried peppermint, but the rest of the time too. Nova sniffed herself and smiled. It would be worth it, to get rid of them. She hummed as she stirred her mother's tea and resolved to stop at the skunk cabbage every time she came back from foraging. What a fantastic idea. She would lead a much easier life this way.

Carefully carrying the tea, Nova brushed past the cloth separating her mother's area from the main area of their den. Smiling happily she helped her mother sit up and passed her the tea. Her mother inhaled the fumes gratefully.

"Oh my goodness. What is that AWFUL smell?"
ForUM is the place you are reading this. A foRM is a set of questions you fill out.
SableShine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:06 am

Username: ~Teya~

Name: Sunora

Sunora is different from any other viscet or other animal for that matter, and it is probably due to the fact that she is from another planet, a planet far far away from her new adopted home, earth.
On this planet where Sunora was once an egg, she slept peacefully in her warm liquid cocoon awaiting to see her mother and father for the first time - but that day never came. But first there is why Sunora and all the other viscets of her planet are so very special, when a viscet from this planet egg hatches, its coat is pure white, but after a good five minutes the fur completely changes into the looks and smells of her surroundings, it may sound strange but it's true, somehow the viscets take on the appearance and scent of where they are born, most of the time as a tradition baby viscets are covered in flower petals or are blanketed in an intricately woven patterns and doused in the scent of the parents choice until their transformation is complete, very rarely a baby viscet takes on the colors and scents of two completely different settings and they mix into half one setting, half another, this fact will be important for later on, but now lets get into why Sunora has never actually seen her parents.
Sunora found herself jolted awake in the middle of the night, she tried to open her eyes but the soft liquid in her shell didn't allow her to do so, she was confused, the little viscling didn't feel ready to hatch, what was that cracking sound?
Her planet was breaking apart into pieces at that very moment, though Sunora did not know, there was a wormhole swallowing up her entire planet, she heard viscets screaming in the background, and felt a warm paw touch her egg, instantly she knew it was her mother and felt safe again.
''Sunora,'' she faintly heard her mother whisper, ''she's too young to die,'' her mother choked on her tears and hugged the egg close, but just then Sunora felt her egg begin to float away from her mother grasp, the gravity of the planet was failing, ''Sunora, I love you!'' She heard deep in the distance, more yells and shouts almost covered the words all together, then the egg started to crack, Sunora kicked and kicked, all she wanted was to see her mother and her sweet flower aroma to breathe it in as she hugged her mother, it calmed her so.
Crack!

Sunora was free, free from the confines of her egg, but not truly free, she was spinning fast into the wormhole that was also taking her family away from her, in a matter of moments it swallowed her up like a hungry shark which hadn't eaten in months, she looked down at her glistening white fur, it was beginning to turn a dark purple with many detailed intricate markings, away and away Sunora hurtled farther and farther from her precious home, the spinning and flinging seemed to be never ending, she didn't even get a glimpse of her home planet as she was flung into the horrible hole, ''will this ever stop, or am I doomed to die in this spinning prison?'' Right at that moment Sunora went hurtling out of the wormhole and into the free space, but she wasn't out of danger yet, she was still flying out of control at who knows how fast, just than she saw something beautiful, something truly a marvel. The sun.
Time seemed to slow even if just for a moment, the sun was so beautiful, so powerful and big, she could slightly make out a scent, but she just couldn't place what it was, it was like nothing she'd ever known before and others have said have never smelled again in their earth life - it was like fire but not quite like smoke, like sweet-smelling welding fumes, and oh so hot.
Her body had little time to react and mixed the galaxy wormhole markings in with the sun, Sunora continued to fall and fall, and without warning she felt more intense heat, her kind of viscet could survive strong heat and oxygen loss, but even this temperature was almost too much for her, a second later she felt herself plummet into the earth, and all the rest went black for quite some time.
''Hey, are you ok?'' Came the sound of a strange voice, Sunora refused to open her eyes, they burned, her whole body ached to the core, why would she even want to open her eyes? Whatever was shaking her would probably eat her soon anyway and she could be put out of her misery.
Suddenly Sunora felt an intense cold feeling as river water was dumped on her, ''hey what the-?!'' The viscet was now wide awake and looked up at a peculiar creature about the size of her viscling self, it was a fox although she wouldn't know that for awhile. ''Are you alright? I saw you fall from the sky like a meteor! You smashed all the trees around you like pancakes,'' Sunora tried to stand up but found it to be extremely hard, ''hey just stay down, you need some rest - you're a viscet aren't ya?''
The viscling looked up at the soft orange colored creature, ''a viscet? To be honest I don't know what I am,'' the fox laughed awkwardly at her, ''shes a nut alright,'' he managed under his breath, starting to turn away, but he stopped, he wanted to know more about this strange viscet and why she fell from the sky, he couldn't just leave her there in the deep hole she had created from falling from the sky.
The fox cocked his head slightly, ''what's that smell?'' Sunora looked up at him confused, ''I think its me,'' she looked down with an embarrassed expression on her face, ''all 'viscets' as you call them have a unique scent I think, my mother and father and their friends did at least,'' the fox looked at her with a confused expression as well, but finally said, ''well, ya know what, I like it,'' he paused before adding, ''it smells metallic; a rather pleasantly sweet cold and somehow hot at the same time metal scent,'' he smiled, ''like a meteor might smell,'' the two laughed, maybe Sunora would like it here after all, maybe her parents would find her someday if they were still alive, she didn't know what they looked like but she'd know their scent anywhere, she would find them again someday, someday.
Last edited by ~Teya~ on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stårry » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:17 pm

End tomorrow at 11:59 PM EST!

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to
fly away with me
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:32 am

Username: corrosive_limes
Name: Caspylo Atathakakope
    Caspylo has a type of associative synesthesia that leads him to perceive colors as having distinctive scents. To him, every different color or shade on his pelt has it's own signature scent. His vocabulary for describing these smells is quite in depth and well developed, and he often describes says it's, "As if Mozart or Beethoven composed using scents instead of sounds." The quotes I've included below are only a small portion of the in-depth ramblings he went on when I posed this question to him...
      The purples; "The dark purples smell of champagne mixed with the midnight breeze, coupled with a bordering touch of plum that fades as it gets brighter. The brighter purples remind me strongly of vineyards and grapes, with an ever so faint plum accent and I think a slight touch of lavender?"
      The pinks; "Rather fruity. The darker pinks smell like pomegranates and blackberries while the lighter ones definitely are more cherry and strawberry based, with the reddest ones also having the delightful fragrance of a rose."
      The blues; "The deep blues smell like the beach of a small abandoned island far out to sea, with a hint of something I could only describe as palm trees? The lighter blues are the scent of a cold, biting wind at the top of a mountain, bringing with it the warning of a late blizzard on its way."
      The golds; "The dark golds bring to mind a scent that wouldn't be out of place in the desert, or an abandoned ghost town left over from the Californian Gold Rush. It's kinda like wood, old books, and dust, with a smidge of what I think is expresso? The lighter ones smell kinda like citrusy things, mostly lemons, limes, and Sprite, for some reason..."
      The off white; "My favorite one for sure! Definitely smells like warm milk and hot chocolate, with a delightful touch of vanilla, almond, and coconut added in! Aw man, now I really want some hot chocolate..."

Personally I think he smells like lemonade mixed with grapes, but hey. What he said.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me