Slender Egg by Neforium

Based on Click to view
Artist Neforium [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Slender Egg

Postby Neforium » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:56 pm

'This egg appears to make technology disfunctional and bears the design of a neck tie on it.

[center]What is a Prathen Desert Drake? (Prey-thin):
A Prathen Desert Drake, or PDD, is a type of dragon that lives in the vast deserts of the world. They are smaller than normal dragons, this being a drake. They have long, large ears that point backwards, and always look as if they are pinned back. However, this is only to protect their inner ear canals from harmful sands due to sand storms. They have four, thin eyes. The ball itself having taken on an elongated oval shape due to the positioning so close over one another. While they do have pupils, they are simply the exact same color of their iris, giving them a solid eye color effect. It is unknown if each eye is capable of looking in a different direction. Their body if broad and muscular, covered in a thick, leathery hide that, in turn, is covered in very short fur. It feels exactly like velvet. They have a short mane that just before their ears and stops right at the base of the tail, only to start growing along the underside of the tail. Males have two large teeth that protrude over their top jaw, and a horn on their nose. The species as a whole has three small spikes on their brow, three larger on their elbows, and two small on their heels.

RestInPeace wrote:
Username: RestInPeace
Name: Slender/Slendy (Slendy will be more of a nickname xD)
Personality: Quiet and shy... Doesn't get out often, causing poor social skills... Has trouble getting the point across. Very awkward with others.
Make a story of how you found the egg: It was just another trip. Nothing more than that. A free plane ride in exchange for some sweat, and discomfort.
I would take a few pictures with my fancy camera, give a mushy meaning to it, and sell it to a magazine as art. After that I would be on my way home. While boarding, the leader of the expedition gave a brief explanation of the trip.
This time of year, the Prathen Desert Drakes were nesting, and they were unusually thick in the Tadrart Acacus desert. The guide had a several reports of nests near the small village in which we would be staying. We were all given the coordinates of about 3 nests, and ordered to take as many pictures, and document as much as possible. Upon arrival, we were all well rested and ready to go. Supplied with a canteen, a walkie-talkie, my camera, and about 5 rolls of film. Supplies were limited, but enough. I clambered atop a camel deemed "Charlie" and we left.
Each team was made up of 5 people; two journalists, a local to handle the camels, a paramedic, and of course, a photographer.
The heat from the sun beat down on my back, causing my shirt to stick to my back as if I was just hosed down. I wanted to slump over and roll right off of the camel I was riding.
Hey. I guess if you want things bad enough, they come right to you don't they? Before I could catch my balance, I slid out of the saddle and began rolling down the high dune. The burning sensation of the sand on my skin, forced me to sit up, realizing I wasn't moving anymore. I opened my eyes only to be greeted by waves of nausea, and the sun in my eyes. A high ringing filled my ears. I lay my hand across my brow, shading my eyes from the sun. Just a few feet away from me lay a nest of three Drake eggs. One a deep blue with swirling patterns encasing it. Another a pale green, with confusing stripes, it reminded me of the tv when the cable cord is undone. I hardly even noticed the third at first. When my eyes crossed it, I felt a tug at my breath, no. Something much deeper. I felt it tug at my very being. Attempting to concentrate my attention elsewhere, I dug into my pockets for the tracking device given to me before we entered the desert. I checked the list of coordinates given, none of them matched. The ringing began to fade, soon replaced by the crew calling out my name. I gave them a quick "I'm ok" before pulling the camera from its case around my shoulder, and snapping a quick picture of the nest. I clambered up the high dune, and back to my team. One of the men pointed to the clouds in the distance, a sure sign of a rain storm. We would have to leave immediately, and cancel the expedition. Before radioing the others and leaving, I typed in the coordinates of the nest. As we began to leave the area, I felt the tug at my breath begin to fade. No matter how frightening, it left me wanting more. Like an addict going through withdrawal, my face flushed, and my eyes grew wide. I couldn't bare it any more. I turned back to the nest hopefully, to find that the egg had vanished, air filled its place.

I returned to my home in the mountains, leaves on the trees just beginning to change this time of year. I had no family to greet me upon my arrival, just an empty cabin. I carried my bags inside and tossed them aside before turning on the lights. I lit a fire and sat down to relax. There was a strange blinking in the corner of the room, distracting me from the sleep that I wanted so.
I had a missed call.
I groggily stood up and pulled myself to the phone, fumbling for the button in the dim corner. The strange ringing filled my ears, and I broke out into a cold sweat, remembering the fear I felt when the egg was near. I dashed for my bags at the door, pulling out my camera and scrolling through the pictures. Finding it at the end, I scanned over the small screen as quickly as possible, finding the egg distorted, and surrounded by a thick fog.

I can feel it tugging at my soul at this very moment.
It's here. I know it is.

It follows.

Why do you want this egg?: SLENDY? I actually don't have a PDD for myself yet, and I think a necktie seems promising...
Other: Ehh... This isn't one of my best stories, but whatever. xDDD
Last edited by Neforium on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inactive Account.
Neforium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Slender Egg

Postby RestInPeace » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:06 am

Username: RestInPeace
Name: Slender/Slendy (Slendy will be more of a nickname xD)
Personality: Quiet and shy... Doesn't get out often, causing poor social skills... Has trouble getting the point across. Very awkward with others.
Make a story of how you found the egg: It was just another trip. Nothing more than that. A free plane ride in exchange for some sweat, and discomfort.
I would take a few pictures with my fancy camera, give a mushy meaning to it, and sell it to a magazine as art. After that I would be on my way home. While boarding, the leader of the expedition gave a brief explanation of the trip.
This time of year, the Prathen Desert Drakes were nesting, and they were unusually thick in the Tadrart Acacus desert. The guide had a several reports of nests near the small village in which we would be staying. We were all given the coordinates of about 3 nests, and ordered to take as many pictures, and document as much as possible. Upon arrival, we were all well rested and ready to go. Supplied with a canteen, a walkie-talkie, my camera, and about 5 rolls of film. Supplies were limited, but enough. I clambered atop a camel deemed "Charlie" and we left.
Each team was made up of 5 people; two journalists, a local to handle the camels, a paramedic, and of course, a photographer.
The heat from the sun beat down on my back, causing my shirt to stick to my back as if I was just hosed down. I wanted to slump over and roll right off of the camel I was riding.
Hey. I guess if you want things bad enough, they come right to you don't they? Before I could catch my balance, I slid out of the saddle and began rolling down the high dune. The burning sensation of the sand on my skin, forced me to sit up, realizing I wasn't moving anymore. I opened my eyes only to be greeted by waves of nausea, and the sun in my eyes. A high ringing filled my ears. I lay my hand across my brow, shading my eyes from the sun. Just a few feet away from me lay a nest of three Drake eggs. One a deep blue with swirling patterns encasing it. Another a pale green, with confusing stripes, it reminded me of the tv when the cable cord is undone. I hardly even noticed the third at first. When my eyes crossed it, I felt a tug at my breath, no. Something much deeper. I felt it tug at my very being. Attempting to concentrate my attention elsewhere, I dug into my pockets for the tracking device given to me before we entered the desert. I checked the list of coordinates given, none of them matched. The ringing began to fade, soon replaced by the crew calling out my name. I gave them a quick "I'm ok" before pulling the camera from its case around my shoulder, and snapping a quick picture of the nest. I clambered up the high dune, and back to my team. One of the men pointed to the clouds in the distance, a sure sign of a rain storm. We would have to leave immediately, and cancel the expedition. Before radioing the others and leaving, I typed in the coordinates of the nest. As we began to leave the area, I felt the tug at my breath begin to fade. No matter how frightening, it left me wanting more. Like an addict going through withdrawal, my face flushed, and my eyes grew wide. I couldn't bare it any more. I turned back to the nest hopefully, to find that the egg had vanished, air filled its place.

I returned to my home in the mountains, leaves on the trees just beginning to change this time of year. I had no family to greet me upon my arrival, just an empty cabin. I carried my bags inside and tossed them aside before turning on the lights. I lit a fire and sat down to relax. There was a strange blinking in the corner of the room, distracting me from the sleep that I wanted so.
I had a missed call.
I groggily stood up and pulled myself to the phone, fumbling for the button in the dim corner. The strange ringing filled my ears, and I broke out into a cold sweat, remembering the fear I felt when the egg was near. I dashed for my bags at the door, pulling out my camera and scrolling through the pictures. Finding it at the end, I scanned over the small screen as quickly as possible, finding the egg distorted, and surrounded by a thick fog.

I can feel it tugging at my soul at this very moment.
It's here. I know it is.

It follows.

Why do you want this egg?: SLENDY? I actually don't have a PDD for myself yet, and I think a necktie seems promising...
Other: Ehh... This isn't one of my best stories, but whatever. xDDD
Last edited by RestInPeace on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
    JBDs: 0
    Purtles:.
    ADs:..
    Mutatos: 0
    PDDs: .
4/18/07~12/17/11
---
^^Free Pets Game^^

My CharactersTradePmDesign Shop• [url]Join.me[/url] •
istolelikethisentirelayoutfromlillicauseiloveher ilybbe
RestInPeace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neforium » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Nice story ^^
Inactive Account.
Neforium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RestInPeace » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Ikr?

It's cause Im awesome like that. I drew a picture too, im just not done with the story yet >.<
4/18/07~12/17/11
---
^^Free Pets Game^^

RestInPeace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neforium » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:10 am

Great picture as well! ^^
Inactive Account.
Neforium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RestInPeace » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:50 am

Done c:
4/18/07~12/17/11
---
^^Free Pets Game^^

RestInPeace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quitting¿ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:49 am

Username:
FurriesForever
Name:
tux
Personality:
kind,but can be abit pushy!
Make a story of how you found the egg:
Furries~
i was walking happily minidng my own buissness as i trip on a hill.
"what in the name of fudge?!?"i say rubbing me head.
i look down,seeing the egg.i giggled as it looked like it had a tuxido on.
i picked up,looking around seeing if there was a mother or father around.nothing.
"humm ill take you with me!"i say happily.
"you need a name!ill name you*thinks for a minute*TUX!
dont worry tuxxy ill keep ya warm buddy!"i say putting in a blanket i had in my back pack.
carefully placing him in the back-pack i smiled gently."ill take good care of you tuxy!"
i zip it up still smiling happily and start walking again.

Why do you want this egg?:
the fact it looks to me like it has a tuxido on XD
Other:
quitting¿

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me