Time spent 1 hour, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by broken*

LOC Adopt #121 = closed

Postby A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:44 am

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
|| Species Info || Archives || Nursery || Fan Club|| Customs || DA Group || Re-Colors || Website ||
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
This is adopt #121 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! Effort on forms is required. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c

This is my first design as a guest artist~!
This babe is going to be open to everyone, just fill out the form.
Her element is poison, you can decide how she uses that!
Must show effort, art and stories capture attention!
Below is the base, feel free to add as much as you want, end date is 9/18!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name;[/b]
[b]Gender;[/b] Female
[b]Element;[/b] Poison
[b]Rank;[/b]
[b]Personality;[/b]
[b]Relationships;[/b]
[b]History;[/b]

please add more!

Last edited by A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Adopt #121 = open!

Postby broken* » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:10 am

Mark!
Is the green paint or a marking ?
--phoebe -- she/her -- pansexual--
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charboo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:45 am

She is gorgeous!
Those competing can use my lions!! ♥

She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
||
FR // Anime List // Tolters
Sister

Pixels done by Sun bear.
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:46 am

They are markings!
    HELLO
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    I'm A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ , feel free to call me Jay ★
    I am an artist ★ I work constantly ★
    ToyhouseMy DATumblr
A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:50 am

goodluck <3
Last edited by whisky on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whisky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

oh heck yes im trying

Postby broken* » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Username: broken*
Name; Lyra
~derived from greek -> means lyrical/musical~
~~pronounced -> lee-rah~~
ever since she was a cub, her parents could tell she had a way of entrancing others. they chose this name for her because of the melodic tone of her voice, even as a cub, and how she was able to use it to get whatever she wanted, with no questions.
Gender; Female
Rank; within the pride she holds the rank of a healer, for her ability to draw out poisonous substances from wounds, as well as appearing to 'hate' violence and battles.
in reality, she is known as a spy or an informant for the rebellion, specifically for the princess aerona, who gathers intelligence from the pride then returns to the rebel camp to share it with her superiors.
Alliance; she is completely loyal to the rebellion,
but the pride is blissfully (or unfortunately) unaware

Element; Poison Image
A lion with the gift of poison can: Infect others, create mass diseases that can plague an enemy over time; can also take away any sickness

●heavens forgiveness (aka poison removal) - the one part of her element that allows her to have any say or ability to be a healer within the pride, although (unfortunately) she had to get special permission from the alpha (aka starry) to do such. she has to ability to remove any sort of toxin, venom, or poisonous substance that has found its way into another lion, whether it be purposefully through an attack or accidentally through plant life. even if the poison has reached the lions bloodstream, even if it has begun to tough their organs, she is powerful enough to pull it out. there is only one place that she cannot touch, only one place that, once poisoned, it is too late to save the lion; that place is the brain. because the cerebral tissue is so sensitive, so complex, it is nearly impossible to draw the poison out without leaving some sort of lasting damage on the affected lion.

●death drops (aka acidic blood) - a very unique and uncommon ability for any lion, even a poison elemental, to possess. lyra's blood does not run red like most creatures, nor is it made up of the same h20 and other substances. the blood running through her veins itself is poison. if during a battle or an attack her flesh is pierced and blood is spilled, that blood will have a negative effect on the attacker, and it is a serious affect. depending on where the blood lands, it is strong enough to practically eat through anything, and so it can have various affects such as blindness, paralysis of limbs, or even death if it eats straight through one's flesh without quickly being healed; it can do this within a minute. most of the lions of the pride are unaware of this ability, for lyra has chosen to keep it as her secret weapon, and only a select few lions in the rebellion, such as aerona and arknon, know of its existence.

●instant pain (aka poison generation) - a useful ability for the battle which she eventually will find herself in, she has the ability to create venomous substances out of practically thin air, although really they are being created within her own poison glands of her body. this poison can be released in a mirriad of ways, including through her saliva with a bite, her claws with a scratch, her tail with even the slightest hit, as well as through her breath which she can release a gas-like substance that is invisible to the naked eye. the poison can be controlled to do various things, all of which deal damage to the opponent but in different levels of affect. from causing pain and paralysis to ultimately death, eating the lion from the inside out, she can do quite a lot with this power. however, the more deadly the use, the more energy and harder toll it takes on lyra.

Personality;
what the pride sees
no matter what you think, let me say to you, that looks can be deceiving. for practically every member of the pride, from the highest of ranks to the smallest of cubs, lyra has them all fooled. the pride sees a lioness who has extreme empathy for all those around her, and hates to see anyone hurting, whether it be a physical pain or emotional distraught. she is a compassionate sweetheart who would rather take the blame for someone else's tragedy than allow them to suffer. she appears to be quite innocent and even a little naive in regards to some more serious things; she doesn't seem to know much about the rebellion, nor does she care, for she is so loyal to the pride she cannot even think of how some manage to turn their backs.
what the rebellions sees
truly truly i say to you, these are the lions who know who lyra really is, and precisely what she is capable of. no one in the rebellion dares mess with her, for they know that she has 'friends' in high places. she is known for having a short temper, although typically only around male lions, and will not hesitate to snap at them if they dare say something that she finds insulting. they know that her ability to manipulate is beyond even her words but extends through her actions, her face, her body movements. she can basically can convince anyone of anything because of this special ability, but she doesn't really use it much in the rebellion, for she doesnt have a need for the lies.

Relationships;
{{immediately want to thank everyone who let me use their lions in my form! nizo, dragon, crow, char, willow, rohan, & vraska}}
Image (owned by Charboo) aerona is her queen, in no other terms can she be described. while most members of the rebellion consider the lioness to be the rebel princess, in the eyes of lyra, she is a queen, for only a queen could have power and the respect that lyra sees in aerona. she took lyra under her wing when she was still young and angry, showing her how to hone her powers and her abilities to become a force to be reckoned with. if she had not been taken in by the queen, she likely would have died in a depression, for she had been very close to throwing herself from the ravine when aerona had found her. she is so fiercely devoted to aerona because she, quite honestly and completely, saved lyra's life, in more ways than one. lyra feels she will never be able to repay this debt, but will spend her every breath trying.
Image (owned by CCrow) mitul is her closest friend, although many who watch the pair interact with one another say that there is far too much chemistry there for them to just be friends. like the best friends in those cheesy romance movies who are head over heels in love with one another but refuse to admit it, that would be this pair to a "t". they originally connected over their shared pasts; pride lions killing their families and causing them to change loyalties over to the rebellion. it was a funny meeting; initially they didn't know much of each other or really even get along; lyra was in a bad mood and mitul was the one who got the brunt of her yelling about why she hated the pride; thus their connection was, surprisingly, forged. nowadays they can often be seen shamelessly flirting with one another, or having late night talks about deep topics. it is not uncommon for the two to fall asleep next to each other, hense furthering the romance rumor.
Image (owned by Rohan) enzo is her flirtationship; they have never had a single deep or meaningful conversation between the two of them. the pair are not often seen around each other, for their paths really do not cross all that much, but when they are together, they only ever appear to have one topic of conversation. and that is flirting with one another in whatever ways possible. lyra hasn't a clue what his past consists of, and she doesn't know even the slightest piece of information about the handsome male. lyra by no means plans to settle down, with enzo or anyone else, which enzo clearly reciprocates himself, being known as quite the ladies man himself. and so lyra can enjoy the pleasures of their relationship without having to worry about commitment or being tied down to the lion.
Image (owned by Nizo) gorgos is an ally, for although they are not exceptionally close, she admires him for his strength and ability to stand for what he believes in. unlike most, she knows a bit about his plans, wanting to rule his own pride one day, and the way she sees it, he would be an excellent, strong leader. he is also the lion who initially cubnapped her two brothers when they were younger, but she has come to find out that this was for arknon, the father of her mistress aerona, and she has come to accept it as a blessing. if anything, had gorgos not taken the boys to the rebellion, she may have never found her true purpose in life; she may still be standing on the side of the pride for real.
Image ezra is terrifying, plain and simple. every time she so much as glimpses him in the rebellion camp, she practically bolts in the other direction. she can easily understand his desire for revenge, although she doesn't know much about what drives him. she cannot get over the fact, however, that his sister is in the rebellion but he is never seen around her. she would do anything to be around her brothers again, and he just takes that for granted. plus, the most scary thing about the massive lion, at least in her opinion, is how he killed his own sister and father, and to this day has shown no remorse, nothing really except pride in the fact. lyra prides herself in her loyalty to the few that she has chosen to care about, and for a lion to betray their own family like that, well, to her its' just unforgivable.
Image (owned by vraska) domani is like a brother to her, in her mind he is the only sort of family that she has left at this point; he is her most loyal and dearest friend. they met when she first joined the rebellion, although it was mainly just in passing at first. she watched him for awhile, the mysterious healer that no one seemed to know about, and slowly she began to strike up conversations with the lion. they were more like acquaintances for awhile than anything else, but once he stumbled across her mourning at her brothers grave sites, the pair grew extremely close. he has since filled that role, that empty hole in her heart where her brothers used to be, and in her eyes he is her family.
Image (owned by dragon) bran brings her utter peace whenever she has the honor to be around him. she is one of the very few lions who know that he is not a legend or a spirit, but a real creature whose presence is in itself quite spiritual. it was domani who introduced the two, shortly after seeing her breaking down; somehow, he had a feeling that lyra would be positively influenced by the spiritual lion, and he was right. lyra can never find bran, instead, she goes to the forest he calls home and sits, waiting for him to find her, removing the poison from the gaseous air from hurting her. and he always finds her when she truly needs his comfort. they have spent hours upon hours just wandering together, her listening to him rambling on about the cosmos, and yet she never grows bored or irritated of the topic.
Image (owned by Rohan) jamaria is a fellow follower of her lady aerona, and due to that she holds a shred of respect towards the other lioness. however, past that respect, there is not much else going on between the two. if anything, neither of them really trust one another, for both sort of see the other as a threat to their position and their power. they are both where they are today because of their loyalty to aerona, and are constantly on edge around each other, walking on eggshells in fear of being replaced by the other. of course, because jamaria is most always around their queen, she ends up having to tell her the same information that she tells aerona, and so she puts on the facade of trust, although past that there is not much else.
Image (owned by Rohan) keres is under close watch right now, per orders that lyra has from arknon and aerona. they are unsure as to whether or not keres is still loyal to their cause, for there are rumors and appearances that make it seem she is wavering, especially since the death of her brother wernen by the rebel ezra. keres is completely unaware of the fact that lyra is watching her for her bosses, however, and on the outside, to most members of the pride even, the pair appear to be very close friends, often hanging around one another. lyra has managed to worm her way into keres trust due to her excellent manipulation techniques, for although keres knows that she too is a spy for the rebellion, she has managed to convince her that her loyalty is just as wavering.
Image (owned by CCrow) nemilos is her arch/mortal enemy. she wants nothing more than to end his life at her own paws, to see the life draining from his eyes because of her. she hopes that during the war's final battle, she'll be the one to end him, in fact, she plans on it ending that way. but obviously, since she still appears as a loyal pride member, she just shows her discontent around him, nothing more. but on the inside she wishes him nothing but complete and utter pain, and she hates how he's found a mate that brings him any shred of happiness. in her eyes he will always be what he truly is; a murderer, who killed ambrus because of his beliefs, not because he proved a threat or even tried to attack. her brothers just were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and they paid with their lives for it.
Image (owned by Willow) if there were anyone that she hated just as much as she hates nemilos, it would be uzumati. unlike with nemi, she cannot even pretend to tolerate his presence. even being around him for mere seconds is enough to cause her to pin her ears, bare her fangs, and snap at him. although, luckily, he mainly stays in his own den, so she doesn't have to be around him often. she sees him as someone who doesn't care about anyone but himself; all he wants is to hurt as many lions in the rebellion as he cans before he dies. just like with nemilos, she hopes and prays that she tumbles into him in the final battle, for his death will not be pretty or clean if it is by her paws. much like how he ripped the life out of altreo with nothing but hatred in his eyes, she plans on ending him in an equally painful and torturous way.
Image (owned by CCrow) aristaeus is her adopted son. she originally just took him under her wing as a sort of revenge against his father; she wanted to make the cub care more for her than he did for his blood. and she succeeded in this goal, however there was an unplanned repercussion. she fell for the little guy; her stone cold heart melted a bit, and took him into it. in her eyes, he is her son, no matter what anyone else dares to say, although he calls her his aunt to others, which in and of itself makes his father angry. never did lyra think she could feel love for any other lion, and yet this little guy wormed his way into her heart, and when she leaves the pride for good, you can bet she's taking him with her.

;armor concept;

A history lesson;
lyra remembers her parents, remembers the day of her birth as well, although in her memories everything aside from her two brothers is a bit foggy. her mother was a pure white creature who had scattered markings of pale colors across her body. snuggled up to her were the forms of two other cubs, both born before small lyra and both definitely larger in form than she. one had more fuzz on his body than the others, a trait likely inherited from their father, who was a massive creature, known for his stature as one of the strongest prison guards in the pride. ambrus was mainly a rust/copper red color, with some black patches, and small red markings across his face and paws. he was named ambrus, which meant immortal, for the strength and power he showed. next to him lay a more lithe looking cub, whose fur was extremely thin and sleek, a trait clearly gained from their mother, the quite feminine looking healer; altreo was about half black and half white, with little blue markings on his face and back side. he was named altreo, which meant king, because of the regal way he held himself. and then finally was little lyra, a tan and black thing with tiny green markings, who was practically half the size of her brothers, and had nothing particularly special about her, like they did.

growing up, the trio were practically the three musketeers. they didn't see much of their parents, for their father spent most of his time on the prison planet, and with the war slowly gaining momentum, their mother had more and more patients to treat in the healers den. oftentimes, the three cubs often went to bed alone, curled up in a big ball together. ambrus could get them into any sort of trouble; breaking the rules, going places he shouldn't go, saying rude comments without thinking. altreo was more so the calm, level-headed one, who was extremely intelligent and wise beyond his age, but wouldn't leave his siblings sides no matter how foolish they were. and little lyra, oh gosh, because of her all too innocent face and sugar-sweet voice, she could just bat her eyelashes and get them out of whatever mischief her brothers had caused.

but tragedy struck when the cubs were about a hundred years old; because of this lack of being watched by their parents, and this ability to sneak around unguarded, one night they wandered too far from the main cave. lyra managed to hide under a bush as she watched a massive red lion, with velvety wings and massive horns swooped in and stole the boys away. she did her best to chase after them on foot, but her little legs couldn't keep up, and it wasn't long before gorgos was long gone from her sight. she raced back to the camp as fast as her paws allowed, yowling so loudly that she woke practically everyone up in the dead of night. everyone was grumpy to be awoken in such a way by the cub, but at the arrival of her mother, she managed to calm down enough to tell what had happened. the trackers spend weeks searching, but since the devil (aka gorgos) had taken them through the air, it proved an impossible task, and they gave up not much later.

for awhile, the little lioness secluded into a shell of herself. she no longer was the bubbly, energetic, playful thing that she once was. she no longer was the one who always had questions during training, curious about the world around her. instead, she simply went through the motions of her life, day to day. eat, train, sleep, repeat. however, her mother began to worry about her during this time, and as she was a double elemental, she began to try and use her love on her daughter, forcing her to feel fake happiness and peace. it was the worst thing she possibly could have done, although poor thing was just trying to help. hating feeling that way, lyra began to put on her mask that everything really was okay, and her mother stopped the treatments, thinking her actions had worked just as she intended them too.

now lets fast forward several decades; lyra is now about two hundred and seven years old, but she's still struggling to find her place in the pride. ethereal decided to send her out on a patrol with some other lions to check the borders, make sure they were all secure. leading the patrol was the lioness jet, followed by two older lions uzumati and nemilos, and finally young lyra meandering behind them. everything from there on out happened so quickly that the lioness only remembers bits and pieces of what was said, although the images are forever sealed into her brain.

she saw jet's entire body tense up before she heard a shout about rebels. a large coppery lion and a slender black and white lion were crouched several feet away, and both quickly tried to back up, bodies lowered to the ground as they did such. "please, we only crossed the border to find our sister." said the smaller male. nothing about the two males appeared threatening, and yet his words were nod heeded, for just as it clicked in lyra's mind who these two lions were, they were being attacked. nemilos was the largest of the three pride lions, the closest to ambrus' size, and he was on top of ambrus within seconds. there was no time for him to react or defend himself for by the time lyra let out her first screams of horror, nemilos had pierced through his heart with a massive shard of ice. just as this tragedy happened, the yellow form of uzumati pounced on altreo, and lyra managed to look just in time to see uzumati use his element of death to drain the life from altreo's eyes.

blinded by her emotions and clouded by tears, lyra went to leap to her brothers sides, but was pummeled down onto her back by jet, who growled in her face. "they were traitors. rebel scum who deserved their ends. remember where your loyalties lie or you'll end up just like them, darling." the lioness had the audacity to wink at the broken lyra before getting off of her, but as the three continued on in their patrol, lyra just lay there. she didn't know how much time passed, but she managed to crawl across the ground to her brothers sides as she lay there sobbing. darkness overtook her by the time she managed to pull herself to her feet, but it was not the pride she was heading back too. she grabbed altreo by his scruff and managed to maneuver his slender frame on top of her body. she then grabbed ambrus by his thick scruff, wincing as she pierced his skin with her teeth for a better grip over his massive frame, and she began to walk.

she had no plan in mind as to where she was going, but she just went, dragging along the bodies of her two brothers as she did. they were both larger and heavier than her, and she had to stop over and over ahead to catch her breath, but she did not give up. she knew that she must have been outside the prides lands, for everything seemed different, from the trees to the air, but she didn't falter. by the time she stopped, she was limping severely from the weight of her charges, and truly couldn't take them any farther. it was there that she spent the next hours digging a grave deep into the ground, and just as the light of morning overtook the area, she finished the burial. it was only then that she made her way back to the pride.

word of what had happened had already gone around every member of the pride, and some seemed shocked by her appearance, as if expecting her to just run off for good. the thing that shocked her the most, however, was as she went to her parents, expecting comfort, she found not even a glimpse of remorse. she heard her father talking to some of his friends about how he didn't even consider them his sons, and her mother was murmuring about how they only got what was coming to them. she had no one else to turn too, no where to go, and it was then that she felt, for the first time since she was a cub, truly lost...

The moment loyalties changed~
she had tried, she really had. she had been living for about three decades since her brothers had been murdered, and she finally decided she couldn't handle it anymore. every day she was scrutinized, seen as foolish or crazy for being sad about her brothers deaths. the lioness jet, now a secondary leader in the pride, was the most constant reminder, finding it necessary to make a comment about her traitorous brothers every time the pair passed each other. living without them, having no hope that they would one day return to her, had taken away everything. as a cub, she had held on to the possibility that they would find her, that they would appear from wherever they had been the last years and that everything would be okay again. but with their untimely demise, that hope had been squashed, like a bug underneath someones paw.

she had started walking, planning just on wandering here or there as she was so deeply into her thoughts, that she had no plan as to where she would go. however, where she ended up was not what she had initially had in mind. she found herself at the ravine, whose five hundred foot drop was well known for killing anyone who was not careful enough as they stood at its side. lyra didn't know what it was about the place that enticed her, but she was truly feeling a complete form of hopelessness she had never before experienced, and so she walked right up to the edge, staring down at the massive drop off, only one thought on her mind. what would happen if she just took a single step and just... fell?

her eyes glazed over as she appeared to make up her mind, and her paws began to move forward. she felt the solid ground leaving her, right at the beginning of the fall, and then she was torn backwards through the air. she let out a yowl of pain as she felt teeth piercing into the scruff of her neck, and tried thrashing her backlegs at whoever had a hold on her, but to no avail as she was pinned down by two massive male bandites who had no light in their eyes, the first confusing thing to happen in that moment. it was then that a lioness who was nothing short of a goddess came into her view, shaking her head with a disappointed look on her face. "and to think, had i gotten here a moment later, my creatures and i would not have been able to catch you." she made a motion with her paw, and the two undead-looking creatures released the lioness' small form.

quickly jumping to her paws, lyra's hackles raised. "who are you? what do you want?" she called out, wanting to flee but being unable to, for the creatures now stood behind her, preventing an escape. the goddess merely chuckled, motioning with her head as she began to walk. "follow me and we shall talk." is all she said, and yet something about the female entranced lyra, and she found herself obeying without even the slightest hesitation. they walked along the ravine for what felt like an eternity, flanked by the mysterious creatures of course, and she began to learn the truth about the rebellion. ethereal's pride was weak, full of traitorous lions who didn't care anything for the better wellbeing of their species. aerona and her father simply wanted to make life good again, and if war was the only way, then so be it.

"now, this is not an offer i make very often, so listen carefully. i would like you to join me, dear lyra, as a part of my coveted inner circle, a part of my council. you will have your revenge on the lions who ripped your family away from you dear, that i guarantee. but i need you to be strong, and make the pride feel as though you truly belong to them. gain ethreal's trust, gain the secondaries loyalty. learn from them; their strategies, their plans, their secrets. and then bring them to me. so what do you say darling? are you in?"

that very same day, lyra returned to the pride, and sought after a private counsel with the alpha. she told him that she had seen the error of her ways, and she had finally found her true calling; healing. and it appeared that, while skeptical at first, he grew to believe her of being honest, for eventually he agreed to allow her to be the first of only her element a place as a healer. but every month, from then on out, she stowed away in the dead of the night, and returned to the camp of the rebellion to give her reports to, none other than, her queen aerona..

And a friendship was born...
it was never meant to be this way; it should have never ended the way it did. her brothers were good, fighting for what they believed in, fighting for what they had thought was right. it is said that war rips a part families, and that saying is very much right. but they didn't have to die, not how they did. they hadn't attacked, hadn't done anything wrong, aside from cross into the pride lands from the unknown. they were showing no aggression, no malice or cruelty. and yet their lights had been extinguished within seconds, just because of their beliefs. no mercy, no talking, just death.

every year, the exact scene unfolds again and again in her mind. she wanders out of the pride to the exact spot where their lives were stolen from them; oh her poor ambrus and altreo. she marked the ground with her element; poisoned the earth so that nothing would grow there. it is simply a barren patch of dirt that is surrounded by otherwise flourishing plant life. she spends a bit of time there, laying in the grey earth, allowing the particles to cover her, giving her an almost ashy look. she had once heard a rumor that on earth they put ashes on their bodies when they were in mourning of the dead; this was the closest she could get.

once satisfied with her dull demeanor, the lioness made her way out of the pride lands, stepping out into what the pride considered the unknown, although she knew quite a lot of it like the back of her paw. there was a narrow patch of land between the unknown lands where the rebels resided and the graveyard of battles past. it was there that she had dragged the bodies of her two brothers, one by one, dug them a grave, and had laid them to rest, years ago. she knew this area even better than any other place on the planet, for she had made this journey once a year, every year, since the day of their death.

the spot was marked by the brothers headpieces; it had been the only type of armor either had been wearing when ambushed, likely because too much more would have drawn more attention to them. but they had always had this thing about their heads, ever since they had heard some older lion mention how the brain was the one thing that most healer's couldn't fix once damaged. the two had been only cubs at the time, but ambrus and altreo seemed to have taken it to heart. and so she had only seen it fitting that the pair's head armor lay over their graves in remembrance.

lyra was the kind of lioness to wear a mask; she never let anyone know what she was truly feeling, and she never let her emotions show. but on this day, in this dark place, she always found herself breaking down. she had grabbed some leaves from the glowing white trees back in the pride lands, and set them down in front of the head pieces. as soon as her paws hit that tender earth, she collapsed onto her stomach, and sobs wretched her body violently. to her, time stood still; all that she knew was another year had gone by since ambrus and altreo had been taken from her.

she didn't know how long she had lie there, her fur slowly growing matted because of her tears, but all of a sudden she felt a warmth engulf her on her right side. somehow, she managed to open her eyes, just the slightest bit, to get a glimpse of blues, purples, and pinks all mixed together, blurred slightly by her tears. "domani? why are you here? how did you find me? did you follow me?" unfortunately, due to her sobbing for so long, the lioness' throat was dry and her words came out raspy, much more mixed together, sounding more like "domphi? wphy awe oo eeh? hhw ii oo fnds? ii oo ollo e?"

but he seemed to know what she said, or at least, he knew what she needed to hear. in his eyes, he looked broken; never before had he or anyone else witnessed this strong lioness in such a weak state of mind. lyra had no idea what was running through his mind, but for the next hours he just lay there with her, his large frame wrapped around her smaller one, his head wrapped over her neck as though he were hugging her. it was a physical experience like none she had ever known, but the comfort that it brought her in that time of pain was just as unique to her, although it became a blessing. after that day, the pair grew exceptionally close; there are rumors that, at times, when she returns from the pride to the rebel camp, she often visits her 'brother' first, before her queen. however, these are, just rumors, for the time being.

When anger forged friendship.
oh it was already turning into such a bad, horrible, awful, terrible day. she was supposed to still be in the pridelands, gaining intell about something or another, but she had just had to get out of there. it was just days after the anniversary of her brothers deaths, and low and behold, upon seeing the pain in her eyes, none other than uzumati had decided to laugh in her face. he boasted at her about how good it felt to kill altreo, for he was nothing but rebel scum, and anyone who sided with the rebels deserved nothing but the most cruel deaths fate could design for them. he had gone on and on, and she had spotted nemilos off at a slight distance, and for although he said nothing, there was a proud smile on his face, as if he too was reliving the moment.

it had been too painful for her, and the lioness had raced off through the pride lands, running until she was so exhausted that she could run no more. and where did she find herself but on the outskirts of the rebellions camp. it appeared her arrival had not gone unnoticed by all, although how could it have been with how dramatic she was, and she saw the familiar grey and red form of mitul approaching her. she did not know much about the warrior, for they had only had brief conversations in the past, mainly about simple topics like her journeys or something. but as he approached her with a curious look on his face, that keen glint in his eye that she knew all too well in him, she couldn't help herself. he was not the one she was mad at, but she had been holding her rage in for far too long, and she needed to blow.

he hardly got within a few feet of her before she let out a snarl of a roar and tackled him, causing the pair to roll down the hillside. her claws were still sheathed, for some part of her internal being knew not to hurt him, and luckily for her, he was smart and had to have realized such, for he did not fight back. as they landed with a thud, her paws pushing down at him with her strength but no blood being shed, she let out an angry screech before she started going off. "they were brave, kind, strong lions! my brothers were no traitors, they knew what they believed in and they were willing to lay down their lives for their beliefs! just because it wasn't the popular mindset, didn't mean they deserved to die! nemilos and uzumati had no right to just attack them and rip them to shreds; they had done nothing wrong!"

at some point in her rant, the lioness had leapt off of the male and had begun to pace back and forth, her ears still pinned flat against her skull, her fangs barred angrily as she spoke, her words coming out like snarls. "so what if they were rebels!? they poised no threat. they came onto the pride lands without armor, they did not try to attack or hurt anyone. they admitted they were just looking for me, their sister! so who did nemi and uzu think they were to slaughter them like they did!"

at this point, she was practically steaming with rage, each of her steps letting out poison, which killed the earth every pawstep she took. and yet, somehow, mitul seemed to know just what to do. he braced possibly receiving her anger again, and stepped in front of her, causing the lioness to stop her pacing. risking being touched by her poison, he reached forward with one paw and lay it gently on hers before he spoke softly. "the pride killed my family too." and it was then, in that one sentence, that an unlikely relationship was forged.
Last edited by broken* on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--phoebe -- she/her -- pansexual--
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broken* » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:57 am

bump<3