Re: Viscet #1259 - Dragon Hunter - ROUND 2 PAGE 4

Postby kiffell » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Ressss hngggg I have such a good idea!
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby River Song » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Childhood Experience

His fur fluttered lightly in the wind, eyes glinting softly in the burning embers of the town in front of him. His breath came in a steady stream, rhythmic and even. There was no trace of fear on his coal streaked face, for this Viscet was knew exactly what he was doing. His pale fur glowed among the ashes, and a smile crept onto his face.

Vidar wanted to scream, wanted to call out, but held his breath. He could see the white pelted Viscet smiling through a stained window, and shuddered as the light glinted off of his teeth. The house the dark brown Viscet was in was by far the most stable of the burnt out village, which is to say only half of it had collapsed. His paws were trembling with fear, and a shudder made its course down his bony spine. He yet out a yelp of fright, and then his paw flew to his mouth. The pale Viscet turned his head sharply to Vidar, and the smile dropped from his face. He stalked forwards, his eyes narrowed. Vidar whimpered softly. The white viscet opened the door to the half caved in building, and Vidar saw his chance. He crouched back on his haunches, and leaped forwards.

The pain in his belly made him cry out, and fall back. Vidar looked down, and whimpered. A knife stuck at an awkward angel in his gut, thrown by the white Viscet. Vidar stumbled, pain blurring his vision. The white Viscet squared his shoulders.

`”I can help you.” His voice was soft and lilting.

“How?” Vidar fumbled with his words. “I’m in a burning building, and there’s a hole in my stomach. “ He looked down, fear making him oddly calm for his given circumstances.
The white Viset smiled, and reached out a paw.

“Take my paw, I can save you.” The white Viscet smiled, and his eyes flickered with an unknown emotion. Vidar grabbed on, his fur dark against the Viscet’s pale fur.

The wood of the house creaked. In a spray of sparks it collapsed, but the two animals, one Viscet and one pretending to be a Viscet, were no longer inside.
Last edited by River Song on Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
River Song

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Shaded- » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:45 pm

[urlhttp://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3381165&start=30#p107349053=]Link to Round One Forum[/url]
Childhood Experience (600 max) -
Extra (Optional) -

Phew. I made the date c:
I'll work on this later <3
╔════════════════════════════╗
They/Them | Virgo | Artist/Animator
----
Hey, I'm -Shaded-
I enjoy lots of things like music, art,
Panic! at the disco, and voltron! *cough* plance.
If you have a good plance fanfic please Pm me lol

-----
To-do: Not die
DA - Characters - Art Shop - Art Fite
Viscets - Dork - Amarhi
ImageImageImage
Avatar By- Yugi | Center Sig pixel- me
I do own the character Romero (avatar) and Nora (siggy)

╚════════════════════════════╝
-Shaded-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Link to Round One Forum
Childhood Experience (600 max) - When I was young, my mother and father would tell me stories of winged beasts from the sky. Large beasts who's voices shook the very heavens. I didn't believe them to be true. No living being had ever seen one. I thought them legends until... ...
The sun was bright with the colors of the setting sun. I was small back then, still on all fours, still learning my words. I was thudding through the grasses behind my homestead when I heard a loud noise from the mountains. I thought it a large beast just slain by brave hunters, a troll or a saber cat. But I heard it again... And again...
Suddenly, my parents ran out, yelling words I didn't understand. They grabbed me and dragged me back into the house. Dad threw my mom and I in the cellar. I saw him grab a sword from the wall before my mom slammed the doors and locked them tight. She shoved me behind the barrels of mead and food and told me not to make a move or a sound. I heard the noise again, right on top of us. I heard a piercing scream and the glass upstairs breaking. I could hear my dad and some others fighting the screaming thing. A foul odor filled my nose. My mom tied a thick cloth aground my nose and mouth. The smell was that of burning wood and the like. The house must have caught fire in the struggle. I heard the screaming thing shouting nonsense over the sounds of things crashing and smashing. Soon, I heard the slitting of wood. I looked up to see the house cave in on my mom and I. A large piece of wood or stone must have struck me in the head, cause I don't remember much after that...
I awoke in the smoldering ruins of my home. All I could smell was burning things. I crawled out of the wreckage to see my entire village reduced to smoldering rubble. There were things on the ground, barely recognizable. They were the people, the ones who fought the screaming thing. I remembered my dad and was overcome with sadness, yet I had hope he was still alive. I dug through the rubble, looking for him, but no trace of him was found. I tried to find my mother, hoping that I wasn't rendered an orphan in a single night. I found her in the rubble of our home, just as she was when it caved in. She hadn't moved an inch. She was gone, that much was clear. I was too in shock to cry. Something, a beast from the mountains. It took my home, my family... Everything. I left my mother to her tomb and wandered about the ruins, trying to find any trace of life. Alas, there was none. Even the horses in the stable had fallen victim to the screaming beast. Yet, heard something, not far off...
I ran towards it, hoping it to be another Viscet. However, what I found was a young palomino foal and an Irish Wolfhound puppy. I recognized them. They lived in the stables. I was happy to see that the two managed to escape. I whistled to them, and they came over. We set out for the closest town I knew of, hoping to find any sign of life there. On the way, I felt a burning inside me. That screaming beast, someday when I'm grown, I'll find it. And when I do, I'll ensure my sword is the last thing it ever sees coming.
Extra (Optional) - Today, a dragon attacked my home in Falkreath while I was in the middle of building. It went after Vigilance and Pudding, my dog and horse. Being a spell caster, I tried my best to defeat the dragon using magic, but unfortunately I had to result to using weapons. I stabbed at it with a dagger while keeping my healing spell on hand. I managed to defeat it, but at a great cost. Vigilance was wounded. I double cast healing hands on him and watched as he slowly perked back up. I went over to Pudding to heal them as well. I was grateful that they both made it, but I couldn't bear to think of the worst case scenario. I didn't want to lose my dog and horse after all we've been through. I decided to keep Vigilance inside and keep Pudding in the stables. I kept watch, not wanting another dragon to swoop in and take everything from me again. I decided that another on wasn't going to show up, so I went back to building, yet I still kept looking over my shoulder. When the sun had set, I went inside, even though I had no furniture..
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Link to Round One Forum
Extra (Optional) -

This shall be fun!
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kaleo - Round 2

Postby Corvuss » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Childhood Experience

Kaleo grew up in a village where viscets and humans worked together to hunt dragons. Their village was in the heart of the dragon’s territory so they could harvest the rare resources. In order to survive the humans and viscets worked together. To keep relations positive between the groups they were given partners. Each human and viscet upon reaching a certain age would be assigned a partner. Tensions always rose at those ceremonies if the viscets outnumbered the humans. If a viscet was seen as too weak to fight dragons they were banished after not being assigned a partner, other than a few exceptions. Sometimes a viscet would be taken in as a pet or assistant.

He was seen as one of the “weak” visclings. He was the last to walk of his nestmates, and even some hatched later than him walked on their hind legs before him. He became more and more nervous, and also resentful every day. He was constantly picked on by the other viscets that were seen as better than him. He despised them for it, but still had a tiny bit of hope he could be like them. Kaleo wanted to be able to help hunt dragon, and fend off attacks. Even more than that though, he wanted a partner. Knowing that someone would have his back, and that he could trust them with his life was what he wanted more than anything. He had no friends at the time, but jumped on any opportunity to get one. He would be very protective over anyone close to him. The other viscets would use it to hurt him. One of them would easily gain his trust just to crush him later. He hoped the ceremony would change all of it.

---

Kaloe’s heart dropped as he finally pushed through the viscets ahead of him. In the field below him a small crowd was gathered, but only three humans stood ahead of them. Him and his three nestmates were supposed to be getting their partners, but it was obvious one of them wouldn’t. A loud snicker from behind made Kaloe jump, which caused the laughter to escalate. “I told you no one would want you,” the viscet shoved past him along with his other nestmates. He stumbled before following after them.

---

Kaleo watched his nestmates leave with their new partners toward the village he would never see. Normally, the rejects are exiled at the start of the ceremony. It didn’t happen. There must have been a mistake he thought before turning to the forest. He would go before they forced him.

He was about to leave when he felt something on his shoulder and froze, were they back just to make fun of him? He slowly turned, surprised to find a smiling face looking back at him. He was new to being around humans so he wasn’t very good at reading them, but the human appeared to be friendly. He held out an odd tool to Kaleo. It was a material Kaleo recognized to be the one used in armor.

---

Kaleo worked with the blacksmith for a long time, creating the armor he longed to wear. Sometimes he would steal scrap pieces and wear them to spy on the hunts. The battles kept his hope alive. He would sometimes steal scales and teeth from the battleground to present to the blacksmith to “prove” he could fight. The blacksmith knew he got them from hunts, but still gave him a gift. He gave Kaleo his own set of armor and sent him out to follow his dream.
[600/600]

Pm me about art
Drawn by humerussin
Last edited by Corvuss on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
Corvuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tragedy, » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 am

Link to Round One Forum
Childhood Experience (600 max) - WIP
Extra (Optional) -
NOTE : it wont go to exactly where my post is, so it is one above the bottom post
Last edited by tragedy, on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    hey im tragedy,
    i use to be positivitea if you knew me
    im a roleplay fanatic, but with school its but
    hard. i love to make new friends, i dont bite:)
    1x1 search post
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
tragedy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

radovan // round two

Postby cainhurst » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:19 am

Childhood Experience (exactly 600 words)

“No, let go! W-Where are my parents? Mother? Father! Please help me! Anyone, please!”

His cries for helps went unnoticed, the grip on his arm not weakening in the very least as he was pulled away from his home. Tears stung in his eyes, his efforts to free himself in vain. No matter how much he struggled, no matter how much he resisted, he was pulled further and further away from his safe haven, from the family he knew was waiting inside.

“Mother! Father!” He cried out again, earning a grunt from the man holding him. He was pulled towards him roughly, his terrified shirek turning into a loud wail as he was picked up. “Please, he-”

A hand covered his mouth and a terrifying voice hissed into his ear. “If you don’t stop your crying and screaming, I’ll have to gag you, so be quiet! Understood, you little pest?!” The hand disappeared the moment Radovan nodded, his eyes still fixed on the house as he was carried of.

“I got him.” The child turned his head, whimpering softly as he spotted more dubious looking men surrounding a closed, wooden carriage. “Get him in there and let’s go, I want to get to the base before it gets dark. The roads here are tricky to navigate at night.”

One of the men sighed, fidgeting around with the lock that kept the doors of the carriage closed. “This is the last one for today, correct?” The lock was removed and the door open, and immediately the sound of terrified voices crying and whimpering could be heard. Radovan panicked again, his fingers digging into the shoulders of the man holding him.

“Yes, he was the last,” said man confirmed his partner’s words, handing the shaking child over to him.

“P-Please, I want to go home.” The other man halted for a moment, eyes softening at his shaky whisper. He gave him a gentle, reassuring smile and patted his head softly, but carefully placed him inside of the carriage nonetheless.

“Sorry, little one. I can’t let you go, but I promise it won’t be as bad as you think, alright?”

With that the doors were shut in his face and Radovan could hear the lock being returned to its previous place again. Tears dripped down his cheeks, the reality of what was happening had not yet fully settled into his young head. It was the only reason he wasn’t overreacting more. Instead he turned, coming face to face with at least seven other children, most of which looked just as lost, confused and devastated as him.

“Come here. Sit down.” A feminine voice made him look over into a corner of the carriage. She sounded so calm and collected, he moved without even questioning her, and sat down next to her. An arm was wrapped around him, the comforting scent of lilacs drowning out the carriage’s mouldy, damp stench. “My name is Vivienne, and this is my cousin Charlie. What’s your name?”

Radovan looked up at her, and then at the younger boy she was already holding. He had his face buried in her chest, his shoulders shaking while the soft sound of crying and sobbing could be heard from him. “R-Radovan,” he mumbled, feeling as though he was stealing away her cousin’s comfort.

“Radovan is a nice name,” Vivienne stated, managing a smile despite their circumstances. “Don’t you worry, Radovan. We’ll get through this together. Don’t be afraid.”

The way she spoke so confidently, it reminded the child of his father. The resemblance immediately made her seem more trustworthy. He nodded.

“A-Alright…”

-----

Extra (exactly 200 words)

“Did you know that captain Radovan was taken by child collectors when he was much younger?” The male froze, eyes widening before they narrowed with anger. Radovan’s first instinct was to rush in and yell at the recruits to finish their task and stop gossiping, but curiosity made him wait just a while longer.

“Huh, child collectors? The people who steal away children so they can undergo military training? Isn’t that illegal?”

“Yeah, it is now. But just a few years back, it was perfectly normal to take children when you needed soldiers to fight a war, or even if the family couldn't pay their taxes.”

“Wow, that’s horrible. No wonder he’s so-” He’d heard enough. Radovan stepped around the corner, taking pleasure in the shocked expressions of the two recruits.

“C-Captain! We weren’t… I mean, we were just.” Radovan shook his head with a snarl, and the stammering boy immediately quieted down.

“I don’t care what you were or weren’t doing. I ordered you to clean the training grounds, so stop talking about such nonsense. Do this again, and I’ll issue an official warning. Am I understood?”

“Y-Yes sir!” Both boys yelled as they scrambled to follow their order.
Last edited by cainhurst on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
- cyril/sylver ✦ they/he ✦ adult ✦ infj-t ✦ 4w5 so/sp (451 tritype) -
"my boyfriend said he'd still love me if i was a brain-eating amoeba, i win!"
writer, gamer, roleplayer, parent to six guinea pigs, and local kabru enjoyer.
my interests include TES, V:TM, D&D, cosmic horror, reading, & philosophy.
───────── avatar art credit to @DearHeartsWish on twitter ─────────

Image Image Image Image Image
cainhurst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:00 am

Link to Round 1 Form

Calletions are a breed of evil dragon, FYI. c:

The young viscet stood on the edge of his land, staring out over the unknown territory before him. By crossing the border, he would be leaving everything he loved behind.

The night was finally over, and the colors of dawn were staring to flow into the sky. Today was a new day; a fresh start. Today was no longer the day that his mother had been slaughtered, and it was not longer the day that his village had gone up into tinders. That was all in the past now. That was all one traumatic yesterday.

He had traveled for what felt like hours, and the trauma played back in his brain a million times, twisting into his mind, and driving him insane. He carried the vile, the item that had been so important to the Callations, that they had mercilessly destroyed his entire childhood village to receive it. They had incinterated the buildings with their molten breath, and slashed the rubble to pieces with their violent claws and bladed wings, searching for the tiny glass tube. But they would not find it in the ashes of his home. No. They would never find it again. Meri would make sure of that.

He had escaped that nightmare, and survived their vicious firey reign, and he would never let them take it from him. That was what he had promised his mother. And now that she was gone, there would be nothing holding him back from protecting it. Not even his own life.

Meri didn't know why exactly was in that vile. It was an odd purple liquid with bioluminescence, and burned at exceeding temperatures when a Callation soldier was nearby. Before she had sent him out of the village, his mother had warned him never to open it.

For now, the viscet traveled alone, a single creature who had only just leaned to walk on his hind legs. He didn't know where he was going, but he knew he had to keep moving. After walking for a day, he came upon a small, metal door in the ground, and pondered whether or not to try and open it and seek shelter. Suddenly, a figure flashed out, grabbing Meri and sending him flying into the leaves.

"How did you find this place, Viscet?"

Meri couldn't reply. Fear overtook him, and he blacked out.

He woke up in a room, which was underground. To his surprise, the still carried the vile. A suit of polished armor was on display in a corner of the room. A creature covered by a cloak examined him.

"So, who are you."

Meri decided to be honest. "My name is Mari. I am from Raventown."

"Raventown?" The stranger echoed. "What brings someone from Raventown so far away?"

Soon, Meri found himself telling the whole story to the stranger.
About how he was running from the Callations and how he needed to protect the vile.

The stranger looked at him for a long time, and then looked over at the armor in the corner. "Alright, friend," he said. "It looks like you have quite an adventure ahead of you. I want you to take my old armor."

Meri didn't know what to say. He thought that this place would be the last place he would ever go, but here he was getting help from a complete stranger. "Wow, I-I don't know what to say..." he started.

"Hush, I'm sure the Callations are on their way. You cannot stay here for long. Now keep moving. Get out there, and avenge your family. I'm rooting for yah, kid."

(597 words)

Extra (Optional) - This is ten years after the previous segment. Meri has gone on an adventure to protect the vile, and met a Callation named Violet who actually helped him and turned out to be his friend. Here is the end of the story:

Violet stared at him, with a heartbroken expression. "Meri," she whispered "You always wanted to know the truth about that vile. I know you always were dying to know its secret." she paused, the pain in her eyes radiated across the empty room, hurting Meri as much as it hurt her. Her voice shook. "Well, that vile will destroy all of them. It will kill every Callation that is walking the earth...including me."

Meri felt cold. By simply smashing the vile, all of this chaos in the world would end in a heartbeat. But it would also end his best friend's life. "What? But you-you're a good person, Violet. You may be one of them by blood, but you're not in your heart. Surely it won't destroy you along with them." He was torn. "Violet...I can't. You're everything I have left."

Violet looked him in the eyes. "I'm sorry."

Meri couldn't even reply before there was a flash of movement, and the vile had flown out of his grasp and smashed on the ground. "Violet, no!" He cried.

But there was a bright flash of light...

And she was gone.

(191 words)

Thank you so much for this chance.
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:30 am, edited 15 times in total.
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mango marmalade,, » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:54 am

Link to Round One Forum
Childhood Experience (600 max) - I stood up, carefully walking to the edge and leaning over to look down at the rushing river below. It was dotted with giant rocks jutting outwards. If that bridge broke... "Are you sure this is safe, Mommy?" I looked up at "Mommy". Such a stupid name... I used to call her Mother, but Luka spoiled it. He said it wasn't right to call her Mother. "Yes, love." Good. She thinks it's safe. Maybe she should've given me that toy, after all. "Can you cross the bridge first, Mommy?" This time I pointed across, where Daddy and Luka were still crossing. "Honey, I could... But are you sure you can come across on your own?" Ha. She thinks that I'm scared? That's her second mistake. "Yes Mommy, I can make it." She's crossing. Good. I slowly reached into my concealed bag under the cloak I wore. I pulled it out, and walked towards the rope. If anyone was there, they couldn't of seen any feelings on my face. Dragon Hunters need to know how... how to kill... NO. it's too late for remorse. 3. 2. There's no going back now. 1. And with that, I cut the rope holding the bridge up with my dagger, and walked away. They should've listened to me. They should've...
After this experience, Noch came sobbing to the nearest house and told them his family died because the bridge broke. He was sent to several foster homes, but each home he went to, something always happened to them. Then, after they realized he had been the one killing them all, they sent him to the army for correctional facilities. He became an excellent dragon hunter for his... Quickness to deliver the final blow.
mango marmalade,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me