Kalon 595 by Guest

Based on Click to view
Artist Guest [gallery]
Time spent 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kalon 595

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:29 am

Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sentient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Kay, last one for today.
      Forgot how tiring it is to work w/o pen pressure. @__@

Standard: Custom shine, hair above jawline

To win this Kalon, I want you to write a snippet (so no more than 700 words) of a typical, or atypical day in their life.

Code: Select all
      Username:
      Name:

Do not include extras.
      Prettying up is fine but does not increase your chance of winning.

Ends on 10/8!

Winner: trivium.
      HMs: haemon, PleaserOfCrowds, furbywiki

kalon 595

Postby haemon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:31 am

username:
    name: áedán,a gaelic name meaning "little fire". pronounced aiden
    snippet: an irregular day in his life.

it's 6:00. the alarm goes off to the sound of an overplayed, upbeat pop song. confused, he wakes up and feels around for the snooze button dazily and burrows himself back under the covers. a few more minutes of shut eye before it is set off again, this time at 6:12. this time, he sits up and rubs at his eyes before slamming his hand over the alarm. he finds himself alone in the dark and slowly peels the thick blanket off of him. his body is met with ice cold air and shivering, his feet meet a cold ground. it's not going to be a good day.

8:00 now. he's at work. he is a pathologist, one with a curious nature and a voice quieter than the dead's. his work space is cold. always cold. there are never any warm bodies but his own in the morgue. he takes his work seriously-sharp cuts and precise diagnostics, and a great respect for the dead. over his 25 years of life, he's learned to have respect for both the dead and living, but often he finds himself frozen in fear by the latter. he thinks it's better to just stick to himself now. the clock in the morgue reads 12:00. time seems to have passed, and it's lunch time. áedán is found alone slumped outside the morgue, back to the door and sipping on a warm mug of coffee held snug in his clasped hands. heat radiates off of it and the rising steam is visible. but, for whatever reason, his shaky hands remain a pale blue.

it is 3:00 pm. work is over and áedán is just packing up, making sure all of the bodies are secured safely and the instruments are arranged in proper order. there is no one to wave goodbyes to that will wave back. he looks at his reflection in the cool silver of a scalpel; he doesn't think he's ever seen himself so tired. there are dark bags under his eyes and his eyes have little spark in them. there is no trace of a smile, not even the wandering ghost of one. goosebumps ran up his arm and his breath caught against the reflection, clouding it up. he tears his eyes away and slings his bag over his shoulder, shutting the thick door behind him and slowly walking out of the building.

he's almost to the exit when he glances at his wrist to check the time; 4:04. before he can look back up, he collides into someone. "oof!" they both exclaim. áedán finds himself on the floor under the eyes of the stranger."ah, sorry." he mumbles, looking up sheepishly. "it's fine!" they assure with a concerned expression. they crouch down to help him up. "are you alright?" áedán's eyes widen and he nods wordlessly. he takes their hand numbly, distracted by a growing warmth in his chest, creeping up into his face and wrapping around his arms. there was still a few hours left of the day; maybe it wasn't going to be so bad.
Last edited by haemon on Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
haemon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon 595

Postby freybugg » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:31 am

Username:~RedWolf~
Name:Tyson
Snippet:
He wakes up early, around 6:00 am to a light buzzing by his head. He quickly sets to making breakfast and getting ready. He leaves only 30 minutes later, with a duffle bag in tow.
At 7:00 am he is in a small park, climbing onto a small stage step up near some picnic benches. There are a few kalons seated, many wondering the park or going for an early morning run. He quickly empties his bag, gathering up his props and making sure everything is set up.
7:30 he is told to start by the announcer, a small crowd having gathered. He can see some others getting ready for when they go after him, and takes a deep breath.
“Hope you enjoy the show.” he says quietly into the mike, and then he starts.
Starting easy, he takes his juggling torch and lights it, throwing it into the air and catching is in his mouth. He hears some gasps from the crowd and starts to feel his courage build up.
A short time later he is tossing multiple at once, catching them one after the other only to be in the air again in seconds. He feels the heat of the flames dangerously close to his face. He then moves on to the next act. He puts out all but one torch, and takes a sip from the bottle near his feet. Then, he brings the torch up to his mouth and blows. The flames fan across the crowd, bringing shrieks of surprise, and he feels himself smile a bit.
At 1:00 pm he is out of the park, having finished his act and sat through many others. He grabs a bite to eat and a take out place nearby, and then heads home.
Last edited by freybugg on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DACS CharactersToyhouse
Previously komodo. & ~RedWolf~
freybugg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ᴅ ᴇ s ᴛ ɪ ᴇ ʟ » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:35 am

Res omg I'm in love with this Kalon <3

Mark with maybe them being super clumsy or having a bad day
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Boyfriendo
Commissions <3
Free art! - Kalons, Canines, and Felines! -
Skaydrien is real and always will be real

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ᴅ ᴇ s ᴛ ɪ ᴇ ʟ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adonis » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:37 am

Username:
Name:

symbolism maybe :0
Adonis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danibo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:39 am

RES
      now watch me w.i.p
danibo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canary. » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:52 am

Username|| frequency
Name|| aiden james
Gender||male
Snippet||
Aiden heard the voices of people, many of them. Too many. Talking, and more talking. Aiden got up with a yawn and glanced around. He was on a bench, in downtown. The fifth time this week. The kalon sighed, oh he should really go home when he got tired, but no, he would sit down in a bench at midnight, and then get sleepy. Then fall asleep. Ugh. As soon as he got up, everyone started to pick up their pace. He guessed they thought he was homeless, and didn't have time for beggars. He started to roam the streets like every other person around, every now and then he would look at a glass window and look at his reflection. He really did look homeless. Matted clothes, messy hair... Whatever. Don't judge a book by the cover, right? After a while of walking, he came to a halt. Walmart. He entered the store, picked up an apple and took a bite out of it in secret. He put the apple back, but he put it on the side and it looked like a normal apple. He made his way to the clothes section, snatched a t-shirt and a sweatshirt. He grabbed a toque, mitts and some winter boots. He tore off the tags, and put the shirt in the gym bag he had. He put on the grey sweatshirt. Aiden took off his old shoes and replaced them with the boots. Then, he put on the toque and gloves, but then he heard a loud shout. Aiden glanced over his shoulder to see a security guard chasing after him. Not today, not today, not today! he kept repeating in his mind as he bolted for the exit. He already went to jail once, after that he went to live with his parents and they kicked him out and told him to get a job. Jobs weren't for him. He pushed some people aside, and looked back only for a second, three security guards already? He ran through the exit, a loud beeping sound erupted as he made it through the door. He had to keep on running. Oh he ran, as fast as his legs could take him. After a while, he found himself in an alley. His home wasn't far. He had to be careful though, many homeless people were on the ground sleeping, He didn't want to wake any up. Aiden was far too tired to run at all, so he walked. Quiet and carefully. After a while, Aiden made it to his apartment, to find his roommate, Ember, still sleeping on the couch. He knew she loved her naps. He was truly thankful that she would let him live with her. Well, she too had a criminal record, that is only what made it interesting. He sat down beside her and turned on the television.
Last edited by canary. on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
canary.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morta » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:09 am

Username: + Dark Age +
Name: Nanik
Snippet: Nanik is a very bubbly and happy person. She loves bugs and nature in general. Although she doesn't have a lot of friends, she always has a very happy attitude. Her favorite flower is a lily and her favorite bug is a monarch butterfly. She often spends her days daydreaming in wild fields and forests.
OwO
Morta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ps4 kid » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:11 am

-Neon_and_Lylia-

Name: Maxwell Bolts

Male

Maxwell ran down the stairs as he heard banging. His mother was cooking, and dropped a pot. Then his father was on the phone talking. ''Mom, you scared me.'' He said as he looked at her. ''Its fine hun.'' She said as she finished breakfast. She took the pan off the burner and set it down. She then dished an egg on both his father, her, and Max's plate. Max gulped it up. ''I'm going out.'' He said as he ran out the door. He got in his car and drove to a craft store. He got out and walked in as he twirled his keys in his paws. As he walked in, he instantly realized the pumpkin aroma coming from the store. He smiled at the smell, for autumn was his favorite time of year. He walked into the paint section, viewing the vast variety of colors. He picked out a few dark reds, and grays. He then took a trip to the clay isle, and grabbed a pack of clay. He proceeded his way to the checkout isle, and looked at the cashier. She looked at him and said, ''13.99 Sir.'' He smiled, and then place his money down on the table. She took the money and cashed it in. ''Thanks for your purchase, and make sure to come again!'' She waved as he walked out. He got back in his car and drove home. After getting home, he walked in his room and opened the clay. He put two blotches of the new paint he got on a paper plate. He then began sculpting a Kalon skull. He was very skilled at sculpting, so he knew what the shape and how he was going to do it looked like. Once he finished the skull, he sculpted flowers on the clay skull Kalon head. Lastly he painted it, making sure to get every detail right. ''Finally.'' He whispered as he held it up. Paint was all over his fur and on his table. He wiped the sweat off his head, and smiled in pride. He set it on his desk, in a fish tank. He thought It looked pretty good there. The fish tank was also filled with pebbles, and other fish decorations, but no fish. Max lay on his bed and looked up at the ceiling. As he was looking, he started spacing off, then he shook his head. He sat up as he was called for dinner. He totally forgot lunch. He walked down stairs and sat at the table. His mother was there with his father, both of them smiling, as they knew they made Max's favorite meal, Alfredo Pasta, and bread sticks. His family was part Italian, so they all quite enjoyed the meal, a tradition recipe. Max twirled the pasta on his fork, and took a big bite. ''Mmm.'' He said savoring it. ''Mom this is really good.'' He looked at her. ''Glad you like it.'' She said as she was cleaning her dish. After dinner he layed in his bed. He couldn't sleep, so he went on his phone. He scrolled through art pictures, being inspired by what he saw. He loved seeing other peoples work, It made him want to do art even more. He then got a call. Binggg.. Bingg.. His phone rang. He answered. ''Hello? Maxwell speaking.'' He waited for a response. ''Hey my little dork.'' His sister said over the phone. ''Oh, hey sis!'' He said as a smiled wiped his face. ''Hey.'' She cheered. ''Whats up?'' He said waiting for a response. ''Nothing much, just saying good night.'' She said as she twirled her fur. ''Ok Sis, Good night, Love you.'' He smiled. ''Love you too bro.'' She smiled. ''Bye.'' he said as he hanged up. ''Bye.'' She heard him hang up. He layed down and closed his eyes for the next day to come. (648/700)
icon credit: chamomile.
dane doodle credit: feyghost
ps4 kid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blackbirds » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:24 pm