Artist Charboo [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

LOC Adopt #92 - Domani

Postby Charboo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
|| Species Info || Archives || Nursery || Fan Club|| Customs || DA Group || Re-Colors || Website ||
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
This is adopt #92 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! Effort on forms is required. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c

Don't you just hate it when you try to make a simple design, but it comes out as one of your least simple?? Yeah, that kinda happened to me.

So, for this adopt, I want to see more character development than I want to see art. I am making a limit of 3 art pieces because I feel that they make your entry look nice. But remember, I am not judging on art or if you have any, I am judging the character made! You may code your form to look nice, but some simple coding or even no coding will do the job. Extras are allowed, but only 4!

Username: Vraska the Unseen
Name: Domani
Element: Life
{x}

Last edited by Charboo on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
||
FR // Anime List // Tolters
Sister

Pixels done by Sun bear.
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

winner may have this art

Postby ophanimera » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:37 am

Last edited by ophanimera on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:44 am, edited 15 times in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Adopt #92 - Open

Postby Queen Vivane » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:21 am

Lovely job Char! He reminds me of a lush bathbomb what with the gorgeous markings and general color <3
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vraska the Unseen » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Art by legend-

UserName] Vraska the Unseen
      Name] Domani
      Quote] "There will always be tomorrow."
      Gender] Male
      Element] Life
      Rank] Healer
      Voice] Melodic, deep, strong.
      Alliance] Rebels

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      H I S T O R Y

A B A N D O N E D

"Please. Will you do it?" A shake of her head, the lioness could not speak around the scruff of the cub in her jaws. The small bundle shook slightly, eyes wide and afraid, while he listened to his parents speak. "You must, darling, you must take him and run, for I fear the worst." The male lion, obviously the cub's father, gave a gentle butt of his head to the female. A nod and the lioness was gone, the whisper of goodbye following from the male. She ran, she ran as far as she could. She had to reach the pride, had to give Domani a home that could protect him. When the lioness could run no more, when her bones screamed for her to stop, she kept going until she reached the pride's borders. Her cub, shaking from cold and fear, was placed gently on the ground. "Tomorrow little one.. I'll come back tomorrow." An empty promise, for this would be the last time the cub ever felt his mother's embrace. He gave a small nod, understanding that he was to wait there for his mom, but gave a confused cock of his head when she gave the loudest roar she could manage and ran back in the direction she come from. Once she was gone, and her scent had faded, the cub began to cry. He sat there for days, the dust keeping the little cub fed, but never healing the wound he now felt in his heart. His parents, one a poison and life elemental and one psychic, were both warriors for Arknon. They were, in his opinion, some of the best there ever could be. But, what else was a cub to think of his mother and father? That they were weak? No. Oggi and Ieri were the best there ever could be. Vicious on the battlefield, fiercely loyal, yet kind and gentle to their cubs. Domani was the last survivor of four, his two sisters and brother having been used as decoys and killed in the fray. His parents feared he would be next, the final blow to mortally wound both for the rest of their lives, so they did the only thing they could think to do... and dropped their precious Tomorrow beyond the pride's borders. His cries would be heard, days later, by a wandering male with a golden pelt. This warrior maned male would quickly scoop the cub up and bring him to the Time Alpha, where his fate was to be decided. The pride took him in, of course, and he was left in the care of the male who found him, Par.

A N E W L I F E, A N O L D L I F E

Domani grew fast, strong, and powerful, under the watchful eye of the cub trainer that adopted him. The pride had given the small cub a whole new world to see through, and new memories to push the old ones from his mind and into his past where they belonged. He soon forgot about his parents, the abandonment he suffered, and the wound created in his heart. They were a distant memory, faded into black where they belonged, however he would never forget their names, the names that meant both 'today' and 'yesterday' from which had come his own name... Tomorrow. He was their tomorrow, and he could never forget that. They lived on in him, in the life element that coursed through his paws. The little cub trained hard, pushing himself over and over again, past his limits and over the brink of exhaustion. He dreamed, he hoped, to one day join the ranks of the healers.. and when his dream came to light one night after Par sat to speak with him, the golden male pushed him even harder. For the short time that he trained, Ani nearly mastered his element. Towards the end, Par pushed him to the healers for his training, where he would work alongside them until he aged into his adult form. He joined their ranks immediately, proudly, a happy lion to have reached out for the cosmos and grabbed them in his paws. Ani spent a long while with the pride, healing and gossiping. He was.. happy, even if he never showed it.The purple male was content with his new life, he had made friends and had an adopted father, all of this, his life was good. All was well until Domani was sent out with the warriors to heal on the battlefield. He watched the carnage, the fear, and all through it healed the freshly wounded. Domani was disgusted by what his fellow pride members were doing, they weren't even giving the rebels a chance to speak their ideas! It wasn't until Domani watched a male, one that looked so much like himself, get cut down with a pride member's tail blade and the female that rushed to his defense meet the same fate that he decided to leave. He couldn't remember Oggi and Ieri's faces but he somehow knew that he had just watched his parents die by the paws of the pride. They were set in their ways, unwilling to even consider other ideas, and thusly... Domani would leave. He would run from the pride and straight to Arknon. Ani was a deserter, a disloyal traitor to the pride, and worst of all? He broke poor Par's heart. The purple male could never come back to the pride, not after this, but he was happier this way. He took up residence in his parent's old den, to serve the rebel army as a powerful healer. He would never look back to the pride, never breathe in their camp again, and Ani? He was perfectly okay with that.

bat-ty wrote:

R E B E L L I O N

Domani now lives with the rebels. He is a highly revered and respected lion, none should fear him but few do. His den, no matter how large, how inviting he tries to make it to those who seek him out for healing the male always seems to.. scare the other rebels. He rarely speaks anymore, only quiet mumblings t those he's caring for. Domani is still happy, he's simply closed himself off from the world. He has watched nearly every lion he becomes attached to die at his paws, having gotten to them too late or not having been able to get to them at all. He remains eternally loyal to Arknon despite the whispers he hears of Par pleading for him to come home. Ani would have to hear it from Par himself to turn and come home. For now, Ani is contented with hiding away in his den and healing those who seek it. Once in a great while the purple lion moves out onto the battlefield to help with the attacks but not often. He believes he angers Arknon by not fighting often, but has yet to be confronted by him so he continues to hide away and heal.

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      P E R S O N A L I T Y

Calm- not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other emotions.
      Ani is a very calm, collected lion. He refrains from publicly showing any emotion, seeing that he is a healer. He has trained this into his personality, showing fear or other emotions around the sick and injured is not a good idea as it often upsets them and causes them to worsen their ailments. Healers do what healers must to ensure the safety of the ones they heal.

Optimistic- hopeful and confident about the future.
      There will always be another chance in Ani's eyes. Always a tomorrow, always that small glimmer of hope that somehow everything and everyone will be okay. It has to be, for the sake of his own mind there will always have to be a tomorrow, a future where everything will be just.. okay for once.

Kind- the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.
      Ani is one of the kindest soul one will ever come across. With the element of life he's never been able to see himself as cruel or vicious, never, he couldn't. Ani can't hurt another in a physical way, no matter how condescending he may be Ani will always be kind. It is embedded into his very bones that kindness is something lacked in his world at the moment and he will not be a part of that lack.

Patient- able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.
      Ani is infinitely patient. He never looses his cool when something stops him, never becomes anxious when a lion's healing takes longer than it should. He sees himself as someone who the pride needs to be patient, someone who should never rush or hurry. Stress doesn't seem to get to Ani, at least in public.

Powerful- having great power or strength.
      Ani is am extremely powerful lion. He seems to radiate it, his words mostly expressing this. He may speak with a gentleness, a soft worded melody, but his words seem to resonate in the vert bones of those he speaks with. Coupled with Ani's passion his power is something that can both bring the strongest to their knees, and those too weak to stand to their feet once more.

Loyal to a fault- giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution.
      Ani is an extremely loyal lion, often risking his own life to defend what he deems worthy of his loyalty. He can and will fight to his very last breath to protect those he cares for, and will stand with his beliefs and alliances until he himself fades. Ani's loyalty is often seen as stubbornness, as those he has encountered see the healer staying by the sides of very wrong lions.

Merciful- showing or exercising mercy.
      Ani is a merciful lion. Despite siding with the rebels, he still has some shred of pity for the dying or weak.

Closed off- Guarded, secretive
      Ani tends to hide how he truly thinks or feels behind a mask of either malevolent looks or a frightening calm. He very rarely shows his true emotions, closing himself off from other lions to hide any vulnerability he may show under his shell

Condescending- having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.
      Ani feels that he is better than most of the other rebels, being the only healer that he knows of. He feels that he is superior to the other warriors, and sees himself as one of the most loyal rebels there ever will be.

Passionate- showing or caused by strong feelings or a strong belief.
      Ani is a very passionate lion, throwing his whole being into what he believes in. He will never let it go once he latches on, nurturing it and letting it grow inside of him until it is as strong as he is.

R E L A T I O N S H I P S

Scumparennu - Adoptive Father - Cub Educator
      This is the lion that found Domani and took him to the Time Alpha. Par is the one lion Ani regrets leaving behind in the Pride.
      Par pretty much raised Domani, taught him nearly everything, and is so highly respected and loved by Domani that he would lay his life down for the older lion. Ani loves Par, deeply and truly, and will never be able to thank the golden lion for all that he has done. Par is like Ani's rock, forever tethering him to the pride in some way. If asked by Par, Ani would abandon his post as a rebel healer and come running back to the pride with his tail between his legs.

Momus - Former friend - Forger/Preformer
      Ani enjoyed Momus's company. He brought a bit of humor to the seriousness being a healer requires. Even if the grumbling purple male often visited the healer's den for having set himself on fire Ani shared many a laugh with him when both were off duty. Momus will always be considered one of Ani's few friends, and should he return to the pride Ani would hope he accepts him as a friend once more.

Jet - Enemy - Warrior Fighter - Owned by; lichenfeather
      Domani has never wanted to see another lion suffer. He wishes nothing but ill tidings on this lioness, the one who dealt the final blow to his parents. He has never had the opportunity to properly meet Jet, doesn't even really know her despite having seen her in the healer's den, but who could forget that pelt? Should the two ever meet Domani hopes to deal a slow end to her, as revenge to his parents.

Nissa - Former patient/Never love - Warrior Distractor
      Nissa was an odd one to Ani. Her mother is a broken former Nomad, violent and unstable, yet she is one of the kindest and sweeties lionesses he has ever come across. He knows she fights to defend her family, her mate and adopted cubs, but he can;t help but think she would be better suited as a pride lioness. She's fierce, Ani likes that, she's got a fire that caused Ani to want to be close to her. If only she weren't mated, Ani would sweep her off her feet in a heart beat, but she's happy and that makes him happy.
Last edited by Vraska the Unseen on Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Vraska the Unseen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emris » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:26 am

Username: Emris
Name: Ocio
Element: Life
Rank; Healer
ART HERE

Personality:

Occio is a giver, and always has been. When he was young he could often be found sharing food with others despite coming from a very prosperous pride, giving the especially tastier bits to his younger siblings and friends. Now as an adult he is a healer, and a truly daring one. In times of crises he can be found not on the edge of the battlefield but amongst the chaos doing whatever he possibly can for his pride members, despite the significant risk to his life.

Extras:

Becoming a Healer
This was it, his moment, he was finally becoming a real healer. Ocio stood, frozen, hardly able to contain himself as the ceremony began. After today he would be a true member of the pride. He had dreamed of being a healer for so long, as long as he could remember, and now that the day was finally here he couldn't believe it. His legs shook slightly as he approached the most senior of the healers. The older lion nodded as he approached, gesturing for him to enter the healer's tent This time he entered has a healer himself

New Friends

Tender Moments

Unexpected beginnings
He saw her walking up to him, unaware he was watching, and felt his heart stir oddly. A unfamiliar feeling in his chest as she stepped towards him. "Illia..." He mumbled, uncharacteristically quietly. "Oci!" She cheered happily, finally seeing him. She ran up to him and rubbed her forehead against his, surprising him with such a tender gesture. His usually confident persona faded as she did this and he stood frozen, his thoughts clouded by strange emotions. "Occi?" Illiana tilted her head, confused by his odd behavior. "You still want to come to the training fields with me don't you?" Ocio shook himself out of his stupor and nodded dumbly. "Alright then. Let's go!" She cheered happily, starting off towards the training fields, with Ocio following slowly behind still trying to understand what had just happened.

Last edited by Emris on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am, edited 6 times in total.
My Deviantart
My Toyhouse
I am always happy to talk about my
characters, art, CS related things, etc
so if you need/want anything just pm me!

icon by GOD-LIKES-ME

Pet's name: Beefcake
Emris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calix » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:33 am

This baby is GORGEOUS! I hope it's ok to mark to watch the contest!~
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charboo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:41 am

There is exactly 1 week left to finish your forms!
Extensions will be given if so desired!

She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
||
Sister

Pixels done by Sun bear.
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby giraffidae » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:08 pm

sorry, not gonna be able to finish, winner can keep the art above!! good luck guys ♥
Last edited by giraffidae on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
giraffidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charboo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:44 am

Extending this till April 3rd!
No other extensions will be made.

She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
||
Sister

Pixels done by Sun bear.
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charboo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:53 am

This will end in 6 hours! Make sure you have all of your final edits done by 7pm PST!
Forms not completed will not be judged!
She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
||
Sister

Pixels done by Sun bear.
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery