Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Kirin Adopts&ARPG: Under New Ownership by ServerNurse

Artist ServerNurse [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kirin Adopts&ARPG: Under New Ownership

Postby ServerNurse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Welcome to the small land if Udrea, where decedents of spirits of prosperity roam.
These roleplay adopts are meant to be developed and involved! Create a starter, and chose their path from forming their own wild herd, to becoming a show pet. There are all sorts of paths to explore!
Last edited by ServerNurse on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:42 am, edited 8 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

History of Kirin

Postby ServerNurse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:13 pm

[-Insert header image when complete-]

Where is this? What are Kirin?

"We welcome you to the land of Malin. We're a small area in Northern Ireland. Mostly it's a lot of farmland from here on out. beyond that, we're surrounded by forest on three sides. Here we're resident to the deer dragons, Kirin. The Kirin are descendants of the Qilin, known in eastern asian culture, those deities look similar to their modern day descendants, and were thought to appear with the arrival or passing of a ruler. These ones however, are much smaller than what they used to be, and have migrated westward it seems.
They're easy to domesticate, but they need space, and a herd to be comfortable. That doesn't stop people from taking them to live in urban areas however, and the Pygmies have become popular to become housepets. Granted, there are still a lot of wild herds out there. It's unlikely we'll ever find out their numbers anytime soon either.
I assume you're too here for a Kirin?"

Your First Kirin, and it's Fate

First things first, and that's finding your first Kirin. The first one is always the most important, and cannot be changed later, so chose wisely!
After picking up your first Kirin it's time to decide it's path. Will it remain a Wild Roaming Kirin, left to survive on it's own? A Wild Roaming Kirin will face new challenges, moving on from it's own herd to mature and create it's own.
Maybe your Kirin will be taken to become an Urban Pet. A kirin taken for a pet will be looked after by a human or other intelligent being, in a city or town. Are they a pet? a service animal? only time can tell.

Still more background info?

This story takes place here on earth. Kirin are the descendants of the mythical Qilin, and have adapted to the modern day world, mostly by downsizing. They've started migrating west and appear mostly around the Northern Ireland area. There have been pop up ranches and sanctuaries for people domesticating and breeding these creatures, although there are still many many more roaming the area.
Kirin prefer to live in denser areas, preferring forests to open plains any day. They're omnivores, and both can and will hunt smaller animals but have a preference for plant matter and fruits.

With your first kirin, you get to write their story, develop them and their relationships with others. You get to chose their fate, what paths they take in life, and where it can take them.

What paths can i take? I'm still confused?

"Where to Start & Other Info"<----Here you can find a more fleshed out guide to Kirin! What paths you can take, more on anatomy, types of Kirin and more!
If you still have questions, by all means PM me!
Last edited by ServerNurse on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules & How to get Started

Postby ServerNurse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Rules

◼Don't claim a Kirin as yours if you don't own it
◼You're not allowed to edit your Kirin
◼Please don't sell for offsite currency. They are a CLOSED Species
◼They may be sold for ONSITE currency. staff must know of any changes.
◼You may not create your own outside of your starter unless given permission by owner

◼Go ahead and use as a character, or fursona, or whatever. SO long as credit is given to original creator(me)
◼You can have both Wild and Pet Kirin, but they cannot interact.
◼Kirin can be transferred between herds or owners depending on their path. it must be agreed upon by both parties and staff must know of any changes.

◼Let staff know if you no longer want your Kirin. they will be put up for readoption
◼Keep an eye on your level! You're not allowed to adopt more than your level allows!
◼You must keep up on your thread. If your thread is not kept up on, you will get 3 warnings before all your Kirin will be surrendered. You have another 3 strikes to start over and if you continue to not keep up, you will be banned from the species entirely
◼Art and roleplays are encouraged! just follow the rules for the ARPG
◼You must complete the current level task to level up!
◼Thank you for Reading

Getting Started

Step 1 wrote:"Now that you know the basics, and rules, you're ready to dive in! Please post this forum on the "Starters" Thread. not here! Before you post, also check out the "Where to start & Other info" page to learn about paths, and other important things to note before starting!

Code: Select all
[center][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Kirin Name:[/b]
[b]Kirin Age:[/b]
[b]Kirin Sex:[/b]
[b]Starting Path:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b][/center]

Step 2 wrote:After creating your first Kirin, it's time to make a thread! The thread is to be posted in the "Character Storage" forum, and can be set up however makes it easiest for you to navigate.

Step 3 wrote:From here, it's all fun! You start at lvl 0, and work your way up with writing, art, and overall interaction with others and developing your stories!
Last edited by ServerNurse on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Levels and Tasks

Postby ServerNurse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:14 pm

From here, it's all up. Your development and tasks to advance are going to vary depending on the path you took, though both will be included here after the basics!

How to Advance

Advancing depends on the task, but for the most part consist of art and writing.
◼ Art must be at least flat coloured and cleanly done. No quick sketches or sloppy lineart. Both Traditional and digital art are accepted! Just make it your best, and nothing sloppy.
◼You must be able to identify the characters in the art.
◼Can't draw? then write!
◼Writing must be 300 words minimum, but there is no max! write all you want.
◼If you're RPing a task, don't just make it a 1, 1, and done. include at least 3 messages from each person to advance.
◼Points can also be earned by just doing art! the amount of points will vary on the piece.

Level 0
At level 0 you have 1 Kirin. to advance you must
◼Create your first Kirin
◼Create your thread
◼Chose a Path for your First Kirin.

---From here the tasks branch from Wild Roaming and Urban Pet They're colour coded and in order. Please skip to the branch you chose---

Level 1: Wild
At level 1 you can have 3 Kirin.
1 leader of the herd(must be male)to advance you must
◼Create a personality/story for your Kirin
◼Describe or draw an area your Kirin has decided to call home(Must be away from populated areas. preferably in a forested area)
◼Write or draw the first interaction with the other wild Kirin. How did they come to form a herd?

Level 1: Urban Pet
At level 1 you can have 2 Kirin
◼Create a personality/story for your Kirin
◼Describe or draw their new home(Must be a town or city. the exact location and home is up to you)
◼Write or draw their first interaction with their new owner. what do they think of this new city life?

Level 2: Wild
At level 2 you can have 5 Kirin.
◼Write or draw how they get on with the other members. where's their place? are they the leader? are they a lookout?
◼Start to establish their role in the herd
◼Draw or describe the den they've started to build. Everyone needs a place to sleep.

Level 2: Urban Pet
At level 2 you can have 2 Kirin
◼Establish how they're getting along with their new owner. do they live poorly? are they pampered?
◼Write or draw their own personal space, like a kennel or bed to sleep in that they've made their own.
◼Write or draw how they get on being lonely. Kirin need other Kirin, and having just an owner or one other Kirin can get lonely.

Level 3: Wild
At level 3 you can have 8 Kirin.
◼There's a growing herd now. they're going to need a healer. who will be the healer?
◼Give a personality and/or history for another 2 Kirin. everyone deserves a story
◼Are they surviving well? Draw a scene or whatever you like

Level 3: Urban Pet
At level 3 you can have 2 Kirin
◼Draw a scene of whatever you like
◼Is their life okay as a pet? Here you decide if they stay as a regular pet or take on a new path in life
◼Write or Draw about a scene if they're changing paths to:
Trophy Pet or Pitfighter
◼ For Trophy Pet, write or draw a scene about them attending a show(like a dog show)
◼ For Pitfighter, write or draw a scene about being led into a fighting ring for the first time.

---From here the tasks for Urban Pet have a chance to branch from Trophy Pet and Pitfighter They're colour coded and in order. Please skip to the branch you chose. Previous branches are still available---

Level 4: Wild
At level 4 you can have 11 Kirin.
◼Time has passed. surely something has happened? Write or draw a scene of something devastating happening to the herd, and how they overcome it.
◼Give a personality and/or history for another 2 Kirin. everyone deserves a story

Level 4: Urban Pet
At level 4 you can have 2 Kirin
◼Draw a scene of whatever you like
◼Have they gone on an adventure recently? have they escaped their home or gone on vacation? Write or draw an adventure they went on, and how it turned out.

Level 4:Trophy Pet
At level 4 you can have 2 Kirin
◼ How did they win their first show? Write or draw the event of their win
◼ Have things become lonelier now that they're "Prized"? people don't want to mess up those perfect scales after all

Level 4: Pitfighter
At level 4 you can have 3 Kirin
◼How did their first fight go? did they win? write or draw about the event and how it turned out for them
◼How do they feel being used for fighting now? has their home changed? do they sleep elsewhere now?
Last edited by ServerNurse on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Extras

Postby ServerNurse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:15 pm

Extras
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kirin Adopts&ARPG

Postby ServerNurse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:22 pm

Posting is open!
Everything is open!
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:32 pm

mark
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eckvanet. » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:35 pm

mork <3

farewell, cs. selling all my pets for art
eckvanet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:09 am

marking <3
Thiedall © HowlingHooves

Current Work:
Trotter stuff

«——————————»
Range Trotters
Acanthelle
Svedala Walking Equines
«——————————»
Adelaron Trotters
Adelaron SWEs
«——————————»

HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:28 am

mark
Last edited by Lokisaurus on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me