Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Pygmy Fae Adopts - New discord by Guest

Based on Click to view
Artist Guest [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 40 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Pygmy Fae Adopts - New discord

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:59 am

Last edited by Guest on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:56 am, edited 14 times in total.

about, lore, & traits

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Pygmy Fae are small, lizard-like creatures with a soft mane. This mane keeps them warmer during the wintertime, and depending on the length of the fur, it can also be used to store certain small items. They have crests, with a large variety of colors, shapes, and sizes, along with large antennae with glowing bulbs. These antennae not only help them find each other, but can be used to communicate, as the fae can control the brightness of them. The bulbs are usually dim or not glowing at all when the fae is upset or angry, and can glow very brightly when the fae is happy or excited.

Fae generally prefer forests or meadows, typically any place with lots of greenery. They sleep in places they can find, or may sometimes burrow a hole and, due to their intelligence, could even "construct" a home out of various objects. Though they prefer greenery, they can be found in a variety of climates and make the most of their surroundings.

Their diet typically consists of nuts, berries, and other various fruit. They are omnivores, but most prefer to eat non-meats. If they eat meats, they will usually scavenge for it instead of hunt, as they aren't very powerful predators. They also sometimes like to drink flower nectar as a tasty treat every once in a while. Fae are usually about the size of a young kitten, weighing roughly up to 1.5 pounds and no less than 12 ounces.

Breeding between fae is inetersexual. Typically before mating, one fae will "court" the other with a small dance. One fae will lay up to 2 eggs and both fae will take turns incubating the eggs. After a 2 week period, the eggs will hatch and the young fae (called faelings) will be taken care of by their parents. During their young period, up until about 5 weeks old, they eat small, soft berries and insects. Upon reaching 5 weeks is when they're typically ready to explore on their own. Fae are a family- and pack-oriented species, and often still stay together even after reaching the age where they can survive on their own as it increases their survivability, and they love the company.

The fae's bright antennae are typically used to guide lost pets, kids, and other animals back to safety. A lot of rescue teams like to use them, since they have good tracking abilities and the bright glow is known to be very appealing to young kids. Fae communicate through various hums, trills, and clicks. With the noises they can make, they often like to make "music" - and when another fae hears the song, they will more than likely join in, resulting in a large "choir" of fae.

It's currently unknown where fae originated from. They first appeared when a couple of miners broke into a cave. It was dark at first, and then all the sudden, hundreds and thousands of lights gradually brightened on the walls and floors and even the ceiling of the cave. "It was like magic," They told reporters. "Suddenly the lights moved, and that's when we realized they were creatures and not some strange objects." It is presumed these creatures went into a form of hibernation many years ago, and the cave became blocked up during that period. Researchers aren't sure why they haven't passed, with how long it must have been with them in there. Fae are being closely studied, and people have found potential in the use of them for rescue teams and for finding objects or people. They have been deemed safe for interaction and have been shown to be very loving and and adore attention.

Normal: antennae variations, crest variations, body weight variations
Frequent: fur length variations, tail variations, whiskers
Uncommon: animal ears, fur in other locations, larger or different claws, faux-wings,
Mutations: Multiple eyes, eyes on the body, multiple legs, multiple tails, horns, horns on the body, multiple crests, large fangs or tusks,
Abnormal: Feathered or bat-like wings, fullbody glow, holes in the body
(Abnormal traits are VERY RARELY found in fae and are still under investigation.)

Faux-wings are flaps of skin connected at the elbow point from the front ankles or so, up to the thighs or knees of the hind legs, similar to a gliding lizard. These can ONLY be used for gliding.

Mutations have a chance of occurring in breeding and an even rarer chance of occurring out in the wild. Fae may be given medicine to force mutation in offspring.

Last edited by Guest on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

rules, strikes, & bans

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:00 pm

General
You may not trade or sell a fae for anything other than another fae.
You can only own up to 10 fae; this is for division purposes among the community of adopters.
You cannot make a fae of your own unless you have a Fae Creational License. (How to get one?)
Upon trading a fae, you cannot trade until after a 1-week period to prevent the repeated rehoming (and stress) of fae. (With repeated switching of habitat fae can become very agitated and stressed out, especially realizing they're being replaced by another fae.)
There is no wait period for giving or readopting out a fae - this is because it isn't as stressful switching households if the fae knows it isn't just being replaced.
Fae CANNOT be modified in any way under risk of injury or death. To change your fae, please obtain a Genetic Engineering License.
You are allowed to add accessories and clothing to your fae. Most fae seem to love accessories.
Adoptees of fae may choose to give out Fae Vouchers to people who did not win a fae, if they see them fit for owning a GEL or a FCL. FVs may be collected up and turned in for GELs and FCLs.

Community
Please be nice and respectful to other members of the community.
If you have problems with members of the community or any of the Staff, please send a message to Tokkemi or any applicable Staff members.

Breeding
Fae may be any gender and have any sexual orientation.
Fae may not breed more than once every 2 weeks.
You may not breed your fae until you have owned them for 1 week.
You may grow your faelings after a 2-week period.

These members have done something against the rules and are under observation.

#000000 (reason)
#000000 (reason)
#000000 (reason)
#000000 (reason)
#000000 (reason)

These members have violated the rules too many times and are no longer allowed to participate in adoption of fae.

#000000 (reason)
#000000 (reason)
#000000 (reason)
#000000 (reason)
#000000 (reason)

Last edited by Guest on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

staff

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Last edited by Guest on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:25 am, edited 9 times in total.

stamps & affiliates

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Want to show your support for pygmy fae? Feel free to use these stamps!

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3755928][img]https://i.imgur.com/4MGZPYs.png[/img][/url]

Come check out these other sweet adopts! PM Tokkemi to be affiliates!

Last edited by Guest on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:25 am, edited 5 times in total.

other

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:02 pm

credits
divider
flowers
font
(36pt, 28pt)

Code: Select all
[left][size=1][list][img]https://i.imgur.com/Cus6AjV.png[/img]
[list][img]https://i.imgur.com/Cus6AjV.png[/img][/list][/list][/size][/left][right][size=1][list][img]https://i.imgur.com/Cus6AjV.png[/img]
[list][img]https://i.imgur.com/Cus6AjV.png[/img][/list][/list][/size][/right]
Last edited by Guest on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Re: .: Pygmy Fae :. wip, posting open

Postby JulieMew1010 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 pm

y e s these are adorable I'm immediately in love <3
jυυleғeмale
sorry i left w/o notice
im very inactive
and starting HS soon!
тeenyιĸeѕ
a cat queen
so basically,,
im not sure what
im doing here