Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Micro Griffons--Open for posting! by theexileofkiem

Artist theexileofkiem [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Micro Griffons--Open for posting!

Postby theexileofkiem » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 am

Wall Flyer in Micro Griffon Sanctuary Building wrote:

Griffons, they are fierce, strong, intelligent, and loyal. But unfortunately also... pretty deadly. Not to mention large and hard to keep.

The demand for griffons has always been high but there are very few in captivity due to their difficult nature.

To give more creature keepers a chance to have their own griffon, we have created the Micro Griffons! Through diligent selective breeding we now have the perfect specimens! They are much smaller than their wild relatives. Micro Griffons are also much more passive, at least towards their handlers. But are still fierce, strong, intelligent and loyal like their wild counter-parts. All in a little fuzzy bundle of cuteness!
Last edited by theexileofkiem on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:03 am, edited 42 times in total.
theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby theexileofkiem » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:59 am

The rules are under development, and will continue to be edited as need be.

.::G E N E R A L -- R U L E S::.

• All CS rule apply.
    griffgriff
  • You may only own up to 20 Micro Griffons currently.
    griffgriff
  • Please ask the species creator/owner before making a Micro Griffon based thread. Roleplays and private threads such as character storage do not need permission to be created.
    griffgriff
  • Micro Griffons are a closed species and you are not permitted to create your own or use the base for designs unless you are part of the staff or have purchased an MYO.
    griffgriff
  • Micro Griffons may ONLY be traded for other Micro Griffons or Micro Griffon items. You may not exchange these adoptables or species items for art, currency, or outside species.
    griffgriff
  • You may not use Micro Griffons as a personal fursona but may have one as your "griff sona" within the community as long as you have permission from the artist.
    griffgriff
  • Be kind to every member. Harassment or negativity will not be tolerated within the species. Do not whine or beg for Micro Griffons.
    griffgriff
  • Respect artists and their competitions. do not post forms after the deadline or attempt to blackmail/bribe/persuade/guilt trip an artist into picking your form.
    griffgriff
  • Please do not mini-mod threads. Allow all questions to be posted here so they may be answered by staff. If you have any complaints or concerns please pm the species owner or staff instead of posting them here.

.::M I C R O -- G R I F F -- R E F F S::.

griffgriff
  • You are not allowed to edit your Micro Griffons lines, traits, or colors. You may however, add as many accessories as you like or change their expression.
    griffgriff
  • (for artists/making myos) Base lineart must remain unchanged. This excludes permitted mutations and such.
    griffgriff
  • A list of edits must be provided on all main adopts/hatchery batches/myos or customs.

.::C U S T O M S -- A N D -- M Y O S::.

• Designs for customs and MYOs may be made off-oekaki but the design must have an on-oekaki counter-part. Or, the off-oekaki image may be posted on a thread in the customs area. (link to an example)
    griffgriff
  • Official off-oekaki lines can be found here(link)--need to actually make the lineart and a DA for Micro Griff's)
    griffgriff
Last edited by theexileofkiem on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Micro Griffon Information and Traits

Postby theexileofkiem » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:19 am

mascot/bases name is Ecto, short for ectoplasm

may make genes/traits dominant/recessive? science is fun for me but i'd wanna make a poll for this first cause I know not everyone enjoys this. also could get too complicated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Micro Griffon Sanctuary and Research Lab! We are located on the Isle of {name} {you are here} The island has various lodging locations for residents such as yourself for both you and your new Micro Griffon friends to call home. You may come and go from the island as you please. The Micro's however, will remain on the island, but rest assured that they will be watched over while you are away.

Griffons are typically thought of as "extra", both the creatures and people who keep them, through association. Micro Griffons are the result of high demand and selective breeding. Intended to give you a less "extra" companion.

griffgriffParvus Gryphum, also known as the "Micro Griffon" possess many odd and unusual traits. For instance, they can grasp objects as they have opposable thumbs. They are also incredibly intelligent and are capable of replicating nearly any sound they have heard as well as perfect speech. Micro Griff's do not replicate speech alone but are fully comprehensive of meaning. They may learn any language rather quickly and even speak their own unique language called Meeshian {mea-sh-in} by the griffons or simply Griff by non-griffons. {may add language guide later?}
griffgriff They vary in size, ranging anywhere from the size of a small cat to a large dog. As Micro Griff's are smaller versions of their wild relatives, they can not typically fly for long distances and certain mutations within the species can even restrict flight altogether for an individual. For example, a standard for Micro Griff's is that their bones are hollow, but a genetic mutation such as crystal growths or even ooze can weigh a griff down enough to the point where they can't fly. In some very rare instances, griff's can even be born with no wings at all!
griffgriffMicro Griffons may be pretty different from wild griffons, but they still have a few instincts that resemble that of their wild counter-parts. Wild griffons are typically moody, territorial, possessive, and picky. While most Micros don't behave in this manner, they are still extremely protective of their handlers in a manner that is fairly possessive. However, if a Plock/Flide {pride/flock} of Micro's is kept by a handler, they share the handler's attention among themselves but will not allow any other Micro's their handler's attention by any means necessary. This is important for accepting any new members into your Plock/Flide, as new Griff's must be kept separate but near current members so they may familiarize and be slowly integrated into the group. Another instinct they possess similar to the wild griffons' is that Micros gather material for making nests. All types of griffons nest on the ground but due to Micro's living a domestic lifestyle, they typically have less access to natural resources in which to craft their nests out of. Therefore, they will "borrow" their handlers clothing and cloth items if they have a lack of natural resources to choose from. Here at the Micro Griffon's Sanctuary and Research Lab, you may pick up Micro friendly materials for them to nest with if you don't want them stealing your clothes on a routine basis.
griffgriffSpeaking of nesting...Griff's build nests for themselves to sleep in as well as, well, places to nest. Micro Griffon's are capable of reproducing all year round as they have no breeding season. In addition, some may not choose to mate for life while others do. Not much is known about how Micro's reproduce as they appear to act more masculine, feminine, or somewhere in-between, but they are all the same sex. It is suspected that two or three Micro's will all venture to "the nest of the great griff" they leave room in the center of the nest and sleep there together for a night. Then the next day, they awake and in the center of the nest there will be anywhere from one to three eggs that they will carry back to the Sanctuary and bring to the Hatchery. The chickadoos {also referred to as chicks or cubs} always resemble a mix of the parents. It is also unknown as to why, but Micro Griff's may only reproduce up to four times in their life.
griffgriffMicro Griffon's are omnivores, though, they favor: carrion, small creatures such as mice and lizards, fish, and fruits. It is important to provide your Griff with a nutritional diet or at least let them scavenge outside frequently. Each griffon prefers different foods and some are more picky than others. Additionally, don't be alarmed if your griffon begins to suddenly glow! They all tend to enjoy snacking on an insect called the glowbug, they are found all around the island here. Natural glowbugs may make your Griff glow for a short amount of time, but if you wish for your Griff to glow permanently, feel free to stop by the shop and pick up a glowbug that {you guessed it} has been selectively bred. Upon ingestion by a Griff, the unnatural glowbugs will cause a glow effect on at least some part of them. {eyes, ears, claws, markings, anything BUT the entire body.}
griffgriff The shop also has many more odds and ends for your Micro Griffons to enjoy, so feel free to stop by there and browse! Some items come and go but some are permanent.

.::NON RARITY/BASIC TRAITS::.
(traits any rarity griff can have)
  • any iris/sclera color
  • any colors/patterns (for anything--natural or bright or in-between)

.::COMMON TRAITS::.
  • longer or shorter fur
  • "hair" (fur on head is longer, giving appearance of hair)
  • claws

.::UNCOMMON TRAITS::.
  • glowing, they love to eat glowbugs, if they eat a special kind they will glow permanently.
  • longer/oddly shaped tongues
  • missing body parts
  • different shaped ears

.::RARE TRAITS::.
  • different beak shape
  • Wing edits (larger, smaller, none, different shape)
  • tail shape
  • no ears
  • no fur
  • horns
  • multiple tails

.::ASCENDED TRAITS::.
  • no tail
  • powers
  • halos
  • mulitiple pairs of eyes/wings
  • extra limbs
  • gems/crystals growing on body
  • plants growing on body
  • ooze (goo oozing from somewhere? face, tail, paws?)
  • scales
  • smoke/etherium body parts (think "ghost")
  • undead
  • diaphonization (clear skin, colored bones)
Last edited by theexileofkiem on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 16 times in total.
theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Micro Griffon Staff

Postby theexileofkiem » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:53 am

if you would like to apply for a staff position of any kind, please head over to the "artist search" thread.

.::C R E A T O R::.
theexileofkiem

.::M O D E R A T O R S::.
slipp99

carousel.

Sunlitsecrets

_warrior
Last edited by theexileofkiem on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:26 am, edited 14 times in total.
theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Shop

Postby theexileofkiem » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Will eventually add a shop here.<3

the shops sign wrote:
C L O S E D
Last edited by theexileofkiem on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Micro Griffon News

Postby theexileofkiem » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:34 pm

News Will Go Here c:

[3/4]Thread is now open for posting/marking but is still very much under construction.<3

[3/5]Working hard to get everything open!

[???]Made a discord server!

[3/9] Welcome new mods!
Last edited by theexileofkiem on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates, Banners, and stamps!

Postby theexileofkiem » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:21 pm

.::S T A M P S::.

by theexileofkiem
    Code: Select all
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3749129&p=117131598#p117120919][img]https://i.imgur.com/OHbfXwN.png[/img][/url]

by theexileofkiem
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3749129&p=117131598#p117120919][img]https://i.imgur.com/BB1Vz2J.png[/img][/url]

by theexileofkiem
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3749129&p=117131598#p117120919][img]https://i.imgur.com/f4cAuni.png[/img][/url]

by theexileofkiem
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3749129&p=117131598#p117120919][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ch9tNVW.png[/img][/url]

.::A F F I L I A T E S::.
Last edited by theexileofkiem on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Micro Griffons--Open for posting!

Postby slipp67 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:19 pm

I love them!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx