Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Build A Wolf Pack - |CLOSED| by mochii_

Artist mochii_ [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Build A Wolf Pack - |CLOSED|

Postby mochii_ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:39 am

Build a Wolf Pack
    { Wolves are very versatile creatures. They can live anywhere from a burning desert to a humid forest. However, their numbers have been dwindling due to humans infringing on their territories and killing many of them both for sport and for protection of their cattle. These creatures have been pushed to near extinction. Thus, the plan to save these beautiful creatures arose. They would introduce mated pairs of wolves into uninhabited territory in upper North America in hopes they would start packs of their own and thrive! This plan, although with good intentions, would not be a cake walk. The wolves would be in uncharted territory and have much difficulties securing a land to call their own. Predators abound, but prey is plentiful. Do you believe they can do it?
    Are you the one who will build the strongest pack in the land? }

Rules of the Pack
1. Follow all CS Rules.
2. Be respectful to Owners, Artists, and other members
3. Do not beg for more wolves or customs
4. Do not rush the Artists and Owners, we have our own lives
5. Be dedicated to your pack; don't join if you're going to leave after a few days
6. Try to use proper grammar and punctuation in your writing
7. If you have any questions please PM me or iceypopCS, and we'll be happy to help you
8. You many only own one pack for now
9. Full credit to the idea and design goes to CaC by Kaden, Katrione, and the original Create a Pack to iceypopCS
10. Have fun!

Owner|| wolfdoglover
Co-owner || iceypopCS
Artists || amethyst14, SpeednGrace
Warnings || none
Bans || none
Last edited by mochii_ on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:27 am, edited 18 times in total.
mochii_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How It Works

Postby mochii_ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:41 am

How It All Works
Creating Your Pack
    All Alpha Pairs are customs. You will fill out a form to design your pair and then an artist will create your pair and the pack's territory. You will need to come up with a name for your pack and some of the lore that goes along with it; things like their reputation, how the alphas command the pack, how open they are to other wolves, how other packs perceive them, what rituals they have, etc. That's how you get started. ^^
Time Mechanics
Aging

Your Alpha pair starts out at 3 years old. Every Sunday = 1 season/3 months. Every wolf in your pack will age each Sunday. The Alpha pair can mate once every winter or once a month in real time.
Age Chart wrote:0 months = newborn pups, must be watched at all times
4 months = Pups can begin hunting with the pack and begin training
1 year = Full-members of the pack
1-3 years = Wolves may choose to disperse to find their own pack
10-13 years = Wolves begin to slow down
13 years = Very rare to live this long, but all wolves will die when they reach this age.

Seasons

Winter- The sun will start to go down early and it will get colder. Snowfalls will become more common, and the pack will spend most of their time hunting and sleeping. Wolves who have dispersed from their packs will be looking for mates, making encounters with lone wolves most common during this season. Those loners however, are fairly unlikely to join a pack, opting to take their chances in creating their own pack instead. Alpha pairs will court one another and prepare for a new litter of pups, and hunts will be most successful during the mid to late winter. Because wolves are opportunistic, they will find and weed out sick, weak and aging animals who would not have survived the harsh winter anyway. During harsher winters, healthy animals are subject to becoming prey as well, being slowed by the thick, heavy snow. Wolves may also find carcasses to eat from.

Spring- During spring, hibernating prey and predators will begin to become active again. Pups will begin to be born, and prey animals will begin to start giving birth to their young. Heavily pregnant animals are easy catches, slower than their herds, but can be accompanied by bucks or bulls that will attack hunting wolves. Young calves, fawns, billies and kits are easy prey, and are an added bonus to the weaker, sicker animals that will start being fewer and far in between as summer approaches. Dispersal wolves who did not find mates will want to join packs to have better chances of survival over the summer. Wolves will make the trip to their rendezvous sites mid to late spring.

Summer- Summer is the most difficult season for wolves. The weak, sick, injured and young have been picked off, leaving only the healthiest prey available. Wolves are less likely to have successful hunts during this time, and more likely to become injured when pursuing large prey. This is the season when wolves fall back on smaller animals like rabbits, squirrels, fish, beavers and even mice. Other predators are having the same difficulties finding food, and become more aggressive. Most pack to pack conflicts happen during this time.

Fall- During fall, it will start to get colder, allowing the amount of prey wolves can hunt successfully to increase. The sun will start going down earlier and earlier and this will continue into winter. Hunters and poachers will be most common here, and predators will be most aggressive as they prepare to settle down and hibernate. Pups will begin to go with the pack on hunts now. During this season, the chances of catching illness is higher. If you send the same wolf out multiple times in the same post, they are more likely to catch a cold, which can lead to serious infection. After your wolf catches a cold, you should let them rest for at least one post, or they may develop a respiratory infection. Wolves will begin moving to their winter dens during this time.

Fun Fact: Wolves only use dens when giving birth to and nursing young pups. The den is only used for the Alpha Female and sometimes Alpha Male, while the Betas and Omega sleep under the open sky. The summer territory, or rendezvous site, is a portion of the territory where wolves go to follow the flow of prey and raise their young. There is no den at the rendezvous site, and all wolves sleep together under the stars.
Managing Your Pack
    Your pack will require a lot of work. Many things can happen to you pack during the course of each season. There are threats from predators as well as other packs. You must keep your pack hungry and full, as well as keep them safe.
Hunting Parties

Every Sunday, your pack will use up 3 servings of food per pack member, so you will need to hunt often. When hunting, you can send a maximum of twelve wolves out at once, and the larger prey is, the more animals you will need to kill it without being injured. The amount of strength needed to kill prey is equal to half of its bounty: for example, one wolf can kill four squirrels or mice, but it would take ten or more wolves to kill a bull moose. even if you do have enough power to kill the animal, bulls, stags and goats can pack a powerful punch with their hooves, antlers, and horns. There are eight types of prey; moose, elk, caribou, white-tailed deer, mountain goats, beaver, fish (salmon and trout), and small mammals (snowshoe hares, squirrels, and mice). If you don't have enough food to feed your pack, the first time no one will die, but the second time the lowest ranked wolf, or youngest pup will die. However, the third week without enough food, half your pack will die of starvation(lowest ranked wolves first). If you are continually not able to provide for your pack, all your wolves may die. Tip: If you are having a difficult time finding prey or prey is scarce, you can have your younger [less than three years] wolves disperse to reduce the food needed per post. They will still be living, but will no longer be part of your pack.
Prey and Servings
Moose
Bull: 19 Servings
Cow: 10 Servings
Calf: 3 Servings

Elk
Bull: 14 Servings
Cow: 10 Servings
Calf: 2 Servings
Caribou
Bull: 8 Servings
Cow: 4 Servings
Calf: 2 Servings

Mountain Goats
Adult: 3 Servings
Billy: 2 Servings
White-Tailed Deer
Stag: 3 Servings
Doe: 2 Servings
Fawn: 1 Serving

Beaver
Adult: 2 Servings
Kit: 1/2 Serving
Fish
Salmon: 2 Servings
Trout: 1 Serving

Small Mammals
Snowshoe Hare: 1 Serving
Squirrel: 1/2 Serving
Mice: 1/2 Serving
Servings
Pup 0-2 Months = 0 Servings
Pup 3-6 Months = 1/2 Serving
Pup 7+ Months = 1 Serving
Adult Wolf = 1 Serving

Patrols

Instead of hunting, you can choose to patrol the territory. The most wolves you can send on a patrol is eight. During patrols, your pack might find a carcass or extra food, chase off intruders, fight off predators, meet bordering packs, encounter dispersal wolves, and much, much more. Regularly patrolling and marking your territory enables you to protect your young and ward other wolves away. If you don't check your territory often, other wolves may begin to encroach on your borders, and predators who might not've trespassed otherwise will invade your hunting grounds. The best way to keep your pack and your offspring safe is to make regular patrols.
Having and Raising Pups

Without pups, your pack will struggle to survive. To have your Alpha pair breed, post them going for a walk together alone and playing with or courting one another. In our next post, we will time skip to the Alpha Female finding out she's expecting pups. You are only able to breed once a month, and only your Alpha Male and Alpha Female may breed and have pups. Once they have bred, you will receive a due date for when your pups will be born. Their litter size, genders, stats, and appearance are randomized(although based off of their parents). You will be able to name them.
Wolf Stats

Every wolf is born with a total of 10 stats to start with in the areas of strength, endurance, speed, and agility. These stats will help determine the success of battles, patrols, and hunts. Stat points are awarded randomly during patrols or hunts, and by training your pups you can also increase their stats. Strength and agility are used in battle, while endurance and speed increase your chances for successful hunts. Your pack ranking is determined by your total number of stats from all your wolves combined.
Dispersal, Other Packs, Illness/Injury, and Death
Dispersal
    When a wolf is old enough [one to three years of age], they may decide to leave the pack and attempt to create a new pack of their own. When a wolf disperses, they will still be living, but will no longer be part of your pack. They may join someone else's pack if they fail to find a mate, or they might come back to their home pack and rejoin their family. Sometimes, they might appear as the Alpha of a new, NPC pack that you encounter. Dispersing wolves can be male or female, and between one and three years of age.
Illness, Injury, and Death

In this game, there are 5 possible ways for your wolf to die:
    Stillbirth - Stillborn pups are pups that die close to the date of or during whelping. These pups are often undeveloped, and would not have survived long even if they had lived past being born. Stillbirth can happen for various reasons: if the mother is sick, injured, starving or old, the risk for stillbirth in her litter increases. That isn't to say stillbirths are common--in fact, stillbirth occurs in less than 10% of litters, with healthy, strong mothers very rarely losing her pups before or during whelping. Pup mortality in wolves, however, is relatively high, and 40% to 60% of pups born will not reach adulthood. Sometimes pups die days after being born for seemingly no reason.

Illness - Sickness in the wild ranges from common, non-issues disease like mange, to rare, debilitating and contagious diseases like canine distemper. Sometimes, your wolf can become ill from overworking themselves. Sending out the same wolf too many times without rest, or having them do multiple things every post, can result in that wolf becoming sick [this is most common in fall and winter]. A cold can develop into a lung or respiratory tract infection without rest and recovery, and can spread to weaker pack members if you aren't careful. Sometimes, carcasses have illnesses or poisons in them that killed the prey animal and can be transferred to anyone who eats it.

Injury - Injury is the leading cause of death for wolves. Your wolf can be injured while hunting, while driving off a threat, while fighting other wolves, by traps, hunters and poachers, and, very rarely, even being hit by cars. Even small injuries can get infected without rest and recovery, and result in the death of an otherwise healthy wolf.

Environment - Another leading cause of wolf deaths in the wild. Sometimes, wolves will die of exposure, succumbing to cold, starvation, thirst, heat, or natural disasters like avalanches. These things are just the way of life, and typically only affect the weaker members of the pack. When untouched by humans, wolves are extraordinary adapters, and can thrive and grow despite predators, exposure, illness and injury.

Old Age - In some cases, wolves may die of old age. Wolves can live up to around thirteen years when let be by predators and exposure. While this is not as common of a cause of death, it still happens once in a while. When the Alpha Male and/or Alpha Male die for any reason, the next most dominant wolf of that gender will move forward to take their place, and find a mate to continue the pack's legacy.

Allies and Enemies
    If you meet a rival pack while on a patrol, you can choose to become their ally or their enemy. Ally packs usually act friendly towards each other and resolve disputes without fighting. If your pack is under attack by an enemy pack, your ally pack can join the fight and defend you as long as the enemy pack isn't their ally. If your ally defends you in an attack, you have a much less chance of your wolves dying or being dispersed. Enemy packs usually act hostile towards each other and often argue and fight. You can steal pups and prey while raiding enemy pack, or even drive them out of their territory and causing them to disperse. You need 6 adult wolves to do this and the only way the pack can get these back is if they attack the enemy pack. Attacks can prove fatal and there will often be wolves injured, captured or even killed during attacks.
Last edited by mochii_ on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
mochii_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Forms

Postby mochii_ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:42 am

Your First Pack:
If you've read all the above information and think you're ready for a pack, fill out the form below. Good luck to you!
Code: Select all
[b]Name of Pack[/b]
[b]- Username:[/b]
[b]- Why would you like to build a pack?:[/b]
---
[b]Alpha Male Name:[/b]
[b]Alpha Male Description/Picture reference:[/b]
[b]Alpha Female Name:[/b]
[b]Alpha Female Description/Picture reference:[/b]
[b]Pack Territory Important Features(A lake, river, mountains, forests, etc):[/b]
[b]Winter Den and Rendezvous Site Location:[/b]
[b]Pack Traditions/Lore(Beliefs, important things to the pack):[/b]
[b]Pack Structure(How it's run, openness to newcomers etc.):[/b]

Artist Applications:
The artists will help create the Alphas customs, dispersal/lone wolves, and pups. They will also be in charge of running the pack that they create, meaning they will be posting prey sightings and predator sightings etc.

Artist Apps CLOSED!!
Last edited by mochii_ on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
mochii_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Packs

Postby mochii_ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:50 am

Pack Ranking

1. Echoing Howls Pack || 64
2. Lunaric Isles Pack || 64
3. Rēzeknes Podzola || 57
4. Saddle Meadows Pack || 52
5. Pack of Birch Trees || 40
6. Nighthunters || 30
7. Ghost Whisper Pack || 28
8. Orion's Path || 22
9. Rose Moon Forest Pack || 20
10. Shivering Skies Pack || 20

Unranked
Pack of Towering Mountains || 20
Blue Moon Hunters || 20
Hollowback Pack || 20
BlueScar Pack || 20
Running Waters Pack || 20
Star Peak || 20

Artists and Their Packs

iceypopCS
Running Waters Pack | Squeeze
The Navronne | McCrim
Last edited by mochii_ on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 15 times in total.
mochii_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Build A Wolf Pack - WIP/Marking Allowed

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:16 am

I love this! Mark!
If you ever need to talk in these crazy times, don’t hesitate to PM me.
I am 18+ just FYI (and if you ever need advice)
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse
Check out my ongoing fantasy RP with PhoenixaSpark

url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2775820#p89808265]Image[/url]ImageImage
Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixieStoryteller » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:45 am

This looks interesting! Mark! ^^
PixieStoryteller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katrione » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:44 am

Yass, another spin off of my baby <3 Definitely marking!!
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|GRAND OPENING|

Postby mochii_ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:40 am

I'm so excited to be able to open this up! <3 A huge thank you to Katrione! ^^
OPEN
mochii_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katrione » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:45 am

Name of Pack
Echoing Howls Pack

- Username:
Katrione

- Why would you like to build a pack?:
I love wolves and I think this would be pretty fun. I had so much fun making Create A Clan and joining the spin-offs of it, so I would LOVE to see how this one goes :)
---
Alpha Male Name:
Graham

Alpha Male Description/Picture reference:
Iberian Wolf

Alpha Female Name:
Adair

Alpha Female Description/Picture reference:
Iberian Wolf

Pack Territory Important Features(A lake, river, mountains, forests, etc):
The territory is pretty well hidden in the mountains. They have several patches of forests throughout their territory as well. They have one main river that goes through the center of the mountains that they drink from.

Winter Den and Rendezvous Site Location:
The winter den is housed beneath the roots of a large tree at the very edge of the Echoing Howls pack territory. The rendezvous site is where the pack chooses to spend the rest of the year since it's in the center of the mountains and gives them easy access to the herds that they track and to the river.

Pack Traditions/Lore(Beliefs, important things to the pack):
- The alphas must come and inspect any new born pups within two hours of them being born. If they aren't inspected during that time period, it's believed to be bad luck.
- Once the pups eyes open, the whole pack will take them down to the river and teach them how to swim. It's not an important tradition to have, but it helps the pups get to know their packmates
- Pure white wolves and pure black wolves are bad omens. If a pup is born pure white or pure black, the alpha male will either kill the pup there or leave it at the edge of their territory. If the alpha male isn't there to see the pups, the alpha female will usually take pity on the pup and take it to a rival pack to care for.
- Litters with only one pup are believed to be blessed with leadership and strength.

Pack Structure(How it's run, openness to newcomers etc.):
- Like most packs, the pack is run by an alpha pair. Except here, it's more of a matriarchy instead of a patriarchy. The alpha female has more control over the pack than the male does. At any time, the alpha female is allowed to change her alpha male out for a different one but the alpha female can never be changed out unless she dies, steps down or is overthrown by the whole pack.
- The next alpha pair is picked in a sort of odd way. The alpha pair is picked from birth. If a male pup is born in a litter by himself, then he will be the next alpha male. If a female pup is born in a litter by herself, then she will be the next alpha female. The position isn't a birthright passed down from a parent to their firstborn.
- Since most of the pack is friendly, loud and outgoing, they usually take in a lot of newcomers, as long as they don't carry the pure white or black fur.
Last edited by Katrione on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Build A Wolf Pack - |GRAND OPENING|

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:13 pm

Name of Pack Lunaric Isles Pack
- Username: Ravenshadow17
- Why would you like to build a pack?:
I love wolves and conservation.

Alpha Male Name: Aster
Alpha Male Description/Picture reference: Aster is a large black wolf with blue eyes. His belly is white and he has a white star mark on his chest. His front left foot is white and he has white speckles on his shoulders. He has a claw shaped scar on his left shoulder and a tear in his right ear.
Alpha Female Name: Luna
Alpha Female Description/Picture reference: Luna is a silver-grey she-wolf with blue-grey eyes. Her belly and chest are white. The tips of her tail, ears, and feet are a darker shade of silver than the rest of her. She has a burn scar on her back right foot.

Pack Territory Important Features(A lake, river, mountains, forests, etc): The pack lives on an a chain of islands called the Lunaric Isles. There are few humans. Mostly nature enthusiasts and hikers. The terrain is made of heavily forested mountains. There is a waterfall and river that cut the territory in half and provide fresh water. There is a natural bridge of rock that is used to cross the river.

Winter Den and Rendezvous Site Location: The winter den is lower on the mountain. They follow the prey down in winter. The den itself is a large cave concealed by brush, making it difficult to spot. The rendezvous site is in the center of the forest on the mountain. The site is actually an old oak tree that has been hollowed out over time. The space is big enough to hold the entire pack.

Pack Traditions/Lore(Beliefs, important things to the pack): The pack prizes loyalty, courage, and intelligence. They are very protective of each other. Aster was originally in a militaristic pack that was cruel to its members. Once he was old enough, he left. In his travels he met Luna, who had lost her pack to a forest fire. They grew close and decided to create their own pack. They carved out a territory far from their previous ones. This pack loves the stars, and often uses them to keep track of the days and where they are. They worship the moon as a motherly goddess of nature. The main ritual is pack run on a full moon. Although the pack does have a religion and practices that go with it, they are very tolerant of other ways of life, as long as this way does not harm others. They are even fine with nonbelievers in their own pack.

Pack Structure(How it's run, openness to newcomers etc.): The pack is slightly democratic. All wolves have a voice in decisions. However, the final decision is always up to the alpha pair. The others mostly give suggestions. There is hierarchy based on age. Pups at the bottom, the omega, then juveniles, then those in training, then the adults and healer, then the two betas, and finally the alphas. Those in training are juveniles that are finally old enough to begin learning to hunt and fight. The entire pack teaches them. Although the pack will fiercely defend its territory from outsiders who pose a threat, they are compassionate. If they find a pup, or an injured wolf they will more than likely help, unless the consequences would too dire. They will even take in rogues as pack mates if they prove their loyalty, and will defend them fiercely from their previous pack.
Last edited by Ravenshadow17 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever need to talk in these crazy times, don’t hesitate to PM me.
I am 18+ just FYI (and if you ever need advice)
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse
Check out my ongoing fantasy RP with PhoenixaSpark

url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2775820#p89808265]Image[/url]ImageImage
Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me