Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Lycana by LostHope

Based on Click to view
Artist LostHope [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Lycana

Postby LostHope » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:45 am

Welcome to Lycana (Lie-Can-uh) Adopts.

• Do not steal/copy/claim any designs, and/or the species itself.
• Please be courteous. Do not disrespect anyone, staff or member alike.
• Do not take any Lycana off site, even if you win the adopt.
• If you no longer want your Lycana, please PM me and it will be put back up for adoption.

What are Lycana?:
Lycana are a race of wolf people. They mainly live in tribe-like pack systems, though can live alone or in small groups of no more than 4 members. They stand upright most of the time, but are able to drop to their fours when they need to move faster. They are intelligent, capable of making basic tools, such as knives and bows for hunting. Packs will form villages made up of tents and huts, they may also create plots of land for growing crops. Some have been known to keep livestock, and may also have companion animals. They live anywhere that can support them. This includes woodlands, mountainous regions, grasslands, and thick forests. Lycana can also live in arid, dry areas as well as deserts and even in the cold arctics.

What do they look like?:
Male and female Lycana can be differentiated in a few ways. Males have a small tuft on their chins, have sleeker bodies, and are bigger than females. Whereas a female Lycana has more fur along their chest and bellies than a male, and are smaller. Males can stand anywhere from six to seven, while a female averages around five to five and a half feet. Their fur comes in many colors and patterns, though seem to come mostly in grays and browns. They are rarely solid colors, and appear to come in any pattern known to the canine world. They have also been known to use dyes on their fur to apply patterns and markings. Especially in a well-known and prestigious pack. These dyes can be of any color and are made from crushed shells, plants, berries, and even burnt bones and hides.

What do they eat?:
Lycana are omnivorous with a preference to meat. They can live off of plants for some time, but require proteins from meat. This means they must either hunt for food, eat insects, or fish. Each Lycana has it's own likes and dislikes for food, and most toxic plants don't seem to have an effect on them. Some have been known to even enjoy nightshade as a tea.

Behaviors and packs:
Lycana are mostly diurnal people. This means they are most active in the day-time. A Lycana may be a loner for various reasons. They could have been kicked out of their pack, left to seek out another pack, were born from loner parents, their pack dispersed, or they are a survivor of some event that wiped out their pack, or most members. While in a pack, a Lycana fills one of many roles. There are up to four leaders in one pack. An alpha male, and alpha female followed by two betas. The betas can be a male and female couple, or two males. The others roles of pack members include hunters, harvesters, scavengers, workers, and healers.

-=-Staff-=-
LostHope
Owner/Artist/Pack Assistant
Last edited by LostHope on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Pack Roles Explained

Postby LostHope » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:45 am

-=-Alpha-=-
A single member, or a couple, that leads the pack.

-=-Beta-=-
One to two males to lead in absence of alpha, or a beta couple. Can be the first born of the alpha, or hand chosen.

-=-Hunter-=-
These are the main means of food. They go out and hunt for meat. They are also fishers. A skilled hunter can be more important than anything else in a pack.

-=-Scavenger-=-
These Lycana will comb the area and bring home anything they find that could be of value to the clan. This could be herbs and other edibles, like berries and mushrooms. They also look for rocks, ores, or gems that could be used to create tools.

-=-Worker-=-
The common Lycana in the pack. These are tasked with various things. They are in charge of the cooking and maintaining the village. They consist of various sub-roles, like builders. They also are the ones to craft the tools. Most Lycana will be a worker at some point in their life, unless trained to be something else.

-=-Healer-=-
A pack is lucky if they have even one healer with them. These Lycana are mostly older and wiser, and are also sought after for wisdom and advice. A healer is often given a larger hut than most other members of the pack. They have knowledge of herbs and plants that have healing properties. They make brews and salves that aid the others as well as setting and stabilizing broken bones.

-=-Brute-=-
The Brute is born, not taught. These massive, muscular Lycana have a rare genetic mutation which effects their growth. Often time, they are highly aggressive to those outside their packs. A Brute can be either gender, but it's hard to tell them apart as far as looks go. Their fur is shorter as a result as well. They stand at a minimum of nine feet, and can grow up to 12 feet. Their teeth and claws are bigger and stronger, reaching up to five inches. They also have double incisors and a small set a little further back. The Brute is also strictly carnivorous, requiring more protein than usual for their increased muscle mass. They also prefer it raw. A pack with even one Brute is a force to reckon with. They are the soldiers, guards, and sentinels of their pack. They patrol their territory for the alpha, marking and constantly expanding their lands. The deep tears in the trees and rocks are a good indication that a pack has a Brute protecting them. They are also strong enough to carry a struggling ox over their shoulder as if it were nothing more than a sack of potatoes.
Last edited by LostHope on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Packs

Postby LostHope » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:46 am

Here is where all packs will be kept. You can create a pack, or join one already made. If you wish to create your own pack, you will need at least one Lycana who will become the alpha. Also note that if you wish to make a pack, you will need to manage your pack on a post in the main thread. You'll need to add the members to the thread, as well as their role. A staff member can also assist if they are listed as 'pack assistant'.

If you want to register a pack, fill out this form:
Code: Select all
Pack name:
Alpha Lycana:
Open or Private:

-=-Open packs (Anyone can join)-=-
Crystal Moon Pack

-=-Private packs (You must apply and get permission to join these)-=-
Moons Chosen
Last edited by LostHope on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding grounds

These are the breeding grounds. Several times a year, every Lycana without a mate will gather here to breed, or find a life-mate. If your Lycana does not have a mate, they can gather here. The breeding grounds sound a bit complex, but really it's pretty simple! If you have a male Lycana, you can set him as open breeding. This means anyone can use him to breed a female with. Likewise, you can set a female to open breeding and any male can use her for open breeding. Note that females have a cooldown of 1 week, so beware of this.
Alternatively, you can 'release' a female into the breeding ground. When doing this, a random male will be chosen, and potentially even a 'wild' male. What this means is that any male with open breeding status could be the father of the Lycana's pups, -or- random colors and markings could be used. The pups will then have Sire: Wild in it's info instead of the link to the father's page.
Lycana can have 1-3 pups, and very rarely up to 4 pups. Wild sires award the mother all the pups. Otherwise, both owners get 1 pup, any left over will be up for adoption.

I want to breed my Lycana!
Link to Mother:
Link to Father:
Wishes?:

I want to release my Lycana into the ground!
Link to Lycana:
Male or female?:
Wishes?:
Last edited by LostHope on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Open Breeding candidate

This is a list of all Lycana available for Open breeding. You can use them them for breeding, or release your Lycana to have one randomly chosen. Note, if you do not own a Lycana yet, you can release or breed #000/Blake and/or #000/Hera and get your own Lycana.

-=-Males for Open Breeding-=-
#000/Blake
#001/Bowlin
#005/Kirkir
#007/Vekel
#012/Dust
#015/Calix
#016/Roxx
#017/ Bas

-=-Females for Open Breeding-=-
#000/Hera
#002/Thrush
#009/Tri
#010/Split
#011/Twinkle
#019/Tatiana
#021/Luikai
Last edited by LostHope on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 10 times in total.
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Crystal Moon Pack

Postby LostHope » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:53 pm

-=-The Crystal Moon Pack-=-

Situated deep within the forest is a large clearing, hidden away. These are the Crystal Moon Pack-lands. The resources are abundant here. Members of The Crystal Moon Pack receive dye. Three marks under each eye and a Leo symbol on each upper arm.

-=-Members-=-
Alpha Male:
Blake
Alpha Female:
Hera

Beta Male:
Merric (Hunter)
Beta Female:
Kivela (Medic)

Hunters:
Thrush ♀
Tri ♀
Bowlin ♂

Scavengers:
Kirkir ♂
Vekel ♂
Calix ♂

Workers:
Split ♀
Twinkle ♀
Dust ♂
Moon ♂
Roxx ♂

Healers:
Nala ♀

Brutes:
Tatiana ♀
Brunhilda ♀
Last edited by LostHope on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lycana

Postby LostHope » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:10 am

bump