Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Catapedes v3 (+ friends!) - open for marking ! + first adopt by Cuervo

Based on Click to view
Artist Cuervo [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Cuervo

Catapedes v3 (+ friends!) - open for marking ! + first adopt

Postby Cuervo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:37 am

KNOWN SPECIES

Stalls--[url]Nursery[/url]--Shop/Bank--Creature Info

catapedes are what appears to be a jumble of a cat, a millipede, and a pillbug. they reach a maximum of about 1 foot tall and can be 1 meter long. they are most often covered in fur with a squishy, "scaled" underbelly - their tails resemble an insect's abdomen. catapedes are known for their four eyes, the main pair having multiple pupils, and the smaller pair being more compound. catapedes are rather destructive and produce a highly acidic venom that can be spat. they also have tough stomach and can eat a lot. catapedes range in many unnatural colors but tend to have markings as those of an actual cat. however, they don't have "clashing colors". catapedes tend to be preyed upon by larger creatures.(primarily formilupids and _)

lymantricats are cats mutated with moth features. they are very fluffy, more so than a catapede. they are especially fluffy on the cheeks, chest, and tail. they have large compound eyes, tufted ears, and antennae that act as whiskers. lymantricats have four legs, with each foot bearing two toes that resemble moth feet. they also have a scaled underbelly and a large tail that resembles an abdomen. they are generally docile, but skittish and quick to flee. lymantricats are about the same size as catapedes, but not as long. lymantricats range in dull, natural colors and few markings. markings consist of moth-like speckles and spots and "points" like siamese cats. lymantricats also make easy prey - but when startled they can scatter spores that induce rashes and momentary blindness. they also have absolutely exceptional hearing that can hear the highest of frequencies, and even heartbeats.

bumble mews are small cat-bees. they are about the size of a kitten, but the queens can be as big as a house cat. bumble mews sport cat-like eyes and no nose, as well as odd "pincers" on top of their heads. bumble mews also bear wings that allow them to hover and glide/fly for short distances. queens are unable to fly and instead climb or jump. mews have bee-like legs and abdomens. they are pretty tame but are easily set off and are ready to defend their den and queen. they range in warmer colors and stripes.

maeleas are cats mutated with unknown "motifs". they are slender, lithe, and tall with long legs. each leg has two long claws and a dew claw. they have long, curly, whisker-like "antennae" and long, wonky tails. maeleas are flexible and quick, as well as aggressive and touchy. they can be as tall as 2 feet and have tails as long as 2 meters. maeleas also have four cat-like eyes and keen eyesight, as well as hearing. they are always dark colored and have green,yellow, orange, or red eyes. markings are few and consist of stripes, spots and other cat-like markings. they are quiet and stealthy, and stay far from humans. however, they don't seem to care much about humans and will only attack when threatened or provoked.

more species coming soon !

and finally...

you!

you are one of the 700 million surviving humans of the Exo Pandemic.

several years ago, a meteor had crashed in India, carrying a mysterious pathogen
from the depths of space. the pathogens spread to humans and animals and
mutated from there. humanity had never faced something like this. the virus rapidly
mutated and grew accustomed and eventually practically immune to even the most
complex and best medicines and technology. at first, the virus was harmless, but soon
the infected started getting rashes, coughs, sneezing, and eventually disastrous and
fatal symptoms such as necrosis and strange keratin and chitin growths. it took years,
but eventually the virus had wiped out 90% of humanity. however, those who lived in
colder countries had a better chance at not becoming infected, as the pathogen had
a hard time in cold environments. there was a large "city" that acted as a quarantine
for the healthy, and many research facilities. finally, after what felt like forever, years
of studying, researching, watching, and experimenting, paid off. humanity held the cure
in their hands. the cure was sent out to the infected and humanity is slowly getting back
up on its feet. however, humans live in a new world haunted by the ghost of the virus and
those who died.

felines and canines were infected by the disease,but instead of dying, they mutated and
reshaped into completely new species. you are helping humanity "tame" and learn about
these creatures in order to learn and adapt to your new world, and regain "man's best
friend."

upon rare occasion, other mammal species were infected - but their mutations are
usually not as drastic as those upon dogs and cats. some mammals in the northern
regions have mutated and are in the process of being culled and burned to prevent
further spreading of the virus.

note: there are more species, but they will be added as they come.

TO BE ADDED
- formilupids (ant wolves)
- canodeas (bipedal mantis dogs)
- unnamed (cricket/katydid/cicada dogs)
- unnamed (firefly canines)
- unnamed (dragonfly cats)
- unnamed (camouflaging foxes)
- unnamed ("finned" semi-aquatic dogs/cats
- false manticores (beetle/scorpion cats)

LINKS
Last edited by Cuervo on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:22 am, edited 22 times in total.
Cuervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Catapedes v3 (+ friends!) - DO NOT POST

Postby Cuervo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:51 am

RULES

- You may only win one adoptable per week.
- All of the species here are closed species -- you may not create your own.
- If you no longer wish to keep your adoptable, please notify me.
- You may gift or trade any of the species. However, you may only trade for/with the species here. (Before doing so, you must notify me and get my confirmation first.)
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me !
- At the moment, I am not looking for staff. I may hold an artist contest soon. However, there are no pre-made lines -- you must draw each individual adoptable yourself.

- Artists may create two custom creatures. However, customs must be approved by me.
- As stated above, artists must draw each individual adopt -- there are no pre-made lines. With that being said, you must follow the base information of the species when drawing them.
- Pay attention to the species info! Some may have unnatural colors and patterns while others don't.

STAFF
Last edited by Cuervo on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cuervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Info

Chips
Chips are the currency used in this world. Chips are small pieces of metal with a glowing center. Chips can be earned through participating in competitions, events, and bought. Chips can buy stalls, creatures, and things from Val's Shop that can change your creatures and more. You automatically earn 3 chips by entering a competition. The competition artist/host can give 5-10 chips to anyone they deem as having an honorable form. You do not earn any chips if you adopt the creature.

Stalls
Stalls are structures to house your exo companions. Everyone automatically has one stall. Each stall has five spaces, and each creature occupies a different amount of space. For example, a small creature like a catapede takes 1 space, while a larger creature like a manticore can take up 5 spaces, which is a whole stall. Each stall costs _ chips. You can either buy seperate stalls that have 5 spaces each, or upgrade an exsisting stall by 5 spaces. Each stall can have a maximum of 30 spaces. If you adopt a creature and have no stall space, they will be kept "on hold" until you have stall space. You will not be able to adopt until you have stall space. If you do not get stall space within three weeks, the creature will be put up for readoption or given to another person.(If you are going to be away please notify me and you will be on a "grace period".)

Creatures
Exo Creatures are commonplace in the world, and are found just about anywhere. If you happen to come across one, you may try to tame it and earn its affection. However, other people want to have a try a taming too, FCFS adoptions are rare. You adopt a creature by filling out a form with information such as Name, Gender, and the competition requirement. The competition requirement may be a simple raffle, or something such as what the creature's favorite food is, or even an art contest. By entering the competition with a completed form, you earn 3 chips even if you don't win. Artists may give "honorable mentions", which gives you 5-10 chips. No chips are received if you win the creature. Creatures can be bred if you have empty space in a stall. The [url]Nursery is here[/url].

Breeding
You can breed two members of the same species to get offspring. Offspring can be kept by yourself or given to others. Creatures of any gender can breed together, though incestuous or the breeding of a young creature and an adult are not allowed. The number of offspring possible depends on the species. For example, catapedes can have up to 4 offspring,while manticores may only have one or two. The numbers are determined by a random number generator. In order to breed to creatures, you must have at least one empty space in a stall. If there is no empty space, your creatures may not breed. If you only have one space, only one baby is possible. Babies are born and raised in the mother creature's stall. If both parents are female,the owners may choose which stall the babies will be born in. Babies of all species mature in one week. You must wait another week before you may trade them. Breeding cooldowns also differ depending on the species. A catapede may have a 1 week cooldown while a rarer animal may have one of one month.
Last edited by Cuervo on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:24 am, edited 7 times in total.
Cuervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

RES

please dont post yet c:
Cuervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cuervo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:12 am

//res

You may mark now !
Cuervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Catapedes v3 (+ friends!) - open for marking !

Postby rabbit. » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:03 am

ofc I'm interested
I was waiting for the marking to be allowed ;v;
rabbit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spacejump zoroark » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:53 am

Hell yeah I'm interested!
Spacejump zoroark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keytone » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:58 am

markkkkkkk

i've been bamboozled.

Keytone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TrashFan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Mark!

+ 10000 intrest!
TrashFan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spiniferal » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:10 pm

mark, lovin' it!
hey
spiniferal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me