Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Meraki Dragons [CLOSED] by astral.

Based on Click to view
Artist astral. [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
46 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Meraki Dragons [CLOSED]

Postby astral. » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:15 am

⇒ Home | Nursery | Artist Search | FanClub| Archive | Growths and Transfers | Customs | Ask | MYO’s | Suggestions Thread | DeviantArt

Home of the Hat Dragon

Whate are Meraki? wrote:
Meraki (Pronounced, "Meh - rah - key" - plural and singular - like Sheep) are a species of flightless dragons with an avid love for hats and everything about hats, which they make out of gossamer.
It is an extremely rare occurrence to see a Meraki without a hat.

Quickfacts wrote:
    - Canis Lupus body type
    - Draconem
    - Flightless
    - Long Tongues
    - Serpentine eyelids
    - Webbed toes
    - Hippo-like noses
    - Semi-aquatic
    - Egg-laying
    - Hat hoarders/crafters
    - Carnivorous
    - Venomous
    - Hatch "pups" or "cubs"
About wrote:Meraki bare both mammalian and reptilian qualities, sharing a striking resemblance to the modern domesticated dog and their ancestors, the wolf, as well as their dinosaur hereditary traits, such as their fangs.

Meraki are semi-aquatic, meaning they have the ability to live on land or in harsh swamp-like or water-filled areas of the world. Their venom cannot cause much harm to humans, just causing a mild headache and a dry mouth.

Meraki cannot scent from their nose, so they use their tongue (like a snake) to smell the air. It can be both terrifying and extremely cute when they scent you - it often ends up in plenty of Meraki kisses...

They are warm-blooded, despite being venomous and having eyelids that close vertically first and then horizontally (two layers - similar to crocodiles), as well as being mammals that lay eggs.

They also share the ability to dislocate their jaws in order to feast on prey and regurgitate their meal once their young have been weaned off of their milk. Although they are known carnivores, it is not uncommon to see them eat roots, tree bark and berries when times are tough.

Different regions become the reasons for their diversity in other traits, such as having plumage, horns, longer/shorter tails or fur, unnaturally coloured fur and even strange pupil shape and sclera colour.

Meraki can range in size, having adapted alongside canines. From the size of Tibetan Mastiffs, all the way to the size of a Pembroke Welsh Corgi (although it is very uncommon to see very many of the smaller variety).

Most Meraki are only able to lay around four eggs and are known to not always stay with the same mate or even breed with the opposite gender.
Egg shells can vary in colour, depending on the parents. Some Meraki have been spotted practicing weaving new hats in an attempt to attract possible mates. Other mateship ritual activities include weaving beads into their fur and even coating their fur in squashed berries, or even wearing found shiny objects.

Although mateship rituals have been duly noted among the wild Meraki, plenty of them are quite content living as domestic house-pets or even guard dogs. Plenty of them have been found to even make hats for their humans, as they tend to imprint and don’t seem to quite understand why humans don’t always wear hats too…

History wrote:Long ago, a dinosaur mother wove the very first hat out of fine gossamer, in an attempt to keep her unhatched chick warm.
The change in climate and sudden drop in temperature would be sure to bring on new challenges and changes for those of this mamma dino’s species, adaptation and mutations would be a certainty and a definite key for long-term survival. Little did this mamma know that hers and a few other newly hatched babies would bring on a long line of Meraki dragons!

Since their first birthing, Meraki dragons have made it a necessary trait to wear their hats from early life to death, often leaving the remainders of their hats to be woven into brand new ones for future generations.

Rarity Guide wrote:
    ⇒ Standard:
    Hats, ears, normal teeth, normal tails (basically anything that's already pre-made)
    ⇒ Common:
    Hair edits, inclusion of plumage, tooth edits, heterochromia, custom ears.
    ⇒ Uncommon:
    Longer/shorter fur, sclera colour, custom tail, horns, toungue edits.
    ⇒ Rare:
    Missing limbs, extra/ missing eyes, glow/shine, two or more tails, munchkinism, tailless, approved natural mutations/body scarring or injuries.
    ⇒ Very Rare:
    Wings, magical abilities, transparency, multiple limbs or heads, halos, levitation/ability to fly, shorter nose, elemental abilities, scales.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Staff;;

Owner

Archivist/Artist

Artist

Artist

Artist

Artist

Artist

Artist

Artist

astral. wrote:I'm looking to hire some staff!

Please pm me if you would like to become a mod?
I will be accepting three of each and each will be entitled to one unlimited uncommon and below MD upon hiring! <3

Just tell me why you think you should be chosen and if you have any experience!
Thank you!
Last edited by astral. on Sat May 12, 2018 12:29 am, edited 25 times in total.
astral.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and advertising ;

Postby astral. » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:17 am

You may wrote:
    Adopt up to twenty Meraki, including staff customs and offspring
    Draw them as much as you like
    Trade or gift a Meraki, but only after having it for a minimum of a month (nursery = 1 week minimum). Please do contact the archivist if this is the case.
    You may add as many accessories to your Meraki as you would like. Changing the expression (within reason) is allowed too.
    Roleplay with your Meraki. Go crazy (but no too crazy, ey.)
    Pm me if there are any problems at all
    Pm (sidekick goes here) if I am away and you need help desperately

You may not wrote:Use your Meraki on any other species lines
Do not mark this topic more than once. It is considered spam or bumping. Breaking this rule will result in a warning or strike.
Meraki are a closed species. You may not make your own without my permission.
Meraki are not allowed to become your “fursona”
You are not allowed to alter/ change your Meraki’s hat in any way
Editing beyond changing facial expressions and accessories is not allowed.

MATES

↳ Meraki can be of any romantic or sexual orientation and have as many partners as they choose, and can be bred with any other gender to produce offspring (yay for imaginary species)
    ↳ Meraki can be bred up to three times
    ↳ The mate does not have to be the same for every breeding
    ↳ Incestuous relationships are NO
    ↳ Adult x young relationships are NO
    ↳ You are not allowed to message an artists about a breeding slot. Artists will open breeding slots on their terms.
    ↳ It takes three weeks before a pup can be grown
    ↳ A breeding can result between 1-4 pups (the number of offspring will be decided using a number generator) - see nursery guidelines
    ↳ Users must wait a minimum of one week before they can breed their Meraki after receiving it
    ↳ Users must wait two weeks after breeding their Meraki before they are allowed to breed again
    ↳ You may only request that the nursery artist rolls for mutations if you have an item that allows for this

CUSTOMS

Currently, there are no ways to obtain an MYO. Although, I do hope to host some events for you guys to have plenty of opportunities in the future!

Staff;
Staff may make one upon hire unlimited uncommon and below Meraki Dragon.
From there on, they must make at least ten adopts before being allowed to make another.
Once 50+ have been made, staff are allowed to make an unlimited Meraki dragon with as many edits as they feel like! <3

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3377464][img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/d426/f/2017/056/3/7/miraki_stamp_by_emopandabeawr-db0be05.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3377464][img]http://orig15.deviantart.net/4795/f/2017/072/1/6/marlena_stamp_by_emopandabeawr-db254me.png[/img][/url]

Please just drop me a pm if you would like to be added as an affiliate <3
Last edited by astral. on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
astral.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Currently up for adopt ;

Postby astral. » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

[url=goes here][img]goes here[/img][/url]

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by astral. on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
astral.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Meraki Dragons

Postby SunnyStreets » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:35 am

mark..?
xxxx
xxxxImage
━━━━━━━
« they/them »
« iavatar ©i »
« rain frog © »
━━━━━━━

ember/sunny
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadies » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:57 am

Ohh...They are so cute! :3
Sorry for my slow response time on RP's. My new job steals ALL my time. :(

xxxxx

Sadies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:59 am

mark!

#gonnatryforanartist
Last edited by kiffell on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astral. » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:08 am

Sadies wrote:Ohh...They are so cute! :3

Thank you so much! <3
astral.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astral. » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:22 am

Second MD is up! <3
I'm also looking to hire some staff!

Please pm me if you would like to become a mod or an archivist?
I will be accepting three of each and each will be entitled to one unlimited uncommon and below MD upon hiring! <3

Just tell me why you think you should be chosen and if you have any experience!
Thank you!
astral.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alihorse » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:22 am

Mark because they are so beautiful and I really think they have a good potential
Alihorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whimerri » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:24 am

mork
✦━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✦