Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Su Hounds {dogs of the apocalypse} by MalleusGrey

Artist MalleusGrey [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
33 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Su Hounds {dogs of the apocalypse}

Postby MalleusGrey » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:55 am

A R T I S T - S E A R C H

U P - F O R - A D O P T I O N

Image ImageImage

Abandon all hope; never again shall we see the light.

The black car, glossed over in the darkness, pulled up to a grand ivory building. It shone in the late evening moonlight but the magnificent architecture that stood before it cast a dingy shadow; about thirty steps led up to main building, and on the outside six tall pillars held up a grand domed roof.
A man stepped out of the car, held arm-in-arm by two burly men both dressed in tan suits, their faces stern an emotionless. The man they were holding was skinny and old; he wore round glasses that balanced on his nose and he had messy ginger hair and stubbled that accounted for sleepless nights, though he did not look tired. More, he looked... eccentric. At the top of the steps masked in the shadows of the building stood a different man, he too surrounded by tall men in suits stood around him in what looked like a protective circle. As the skinny man was lead up the steps he squinted to try and see into the blackness.

'Oh, g-good evening, Sir.' He murmured, his eyes now wide with concentration. The skinny man had a thick mix of accents, dashed with Spanish, German, English. He shrank back into himself, afraid in the precense of the man in the shadows, who at this moment step forward and gestured to his guards standing around him. 'Away.' He said and with a flick of his wrist, the guards slunk away into the night. The skinnier man was released and suddenly it was just the two shadows cast on the steps. 'I have heard about your... experiments.' The taller man spat. He too had an accent, but it was strictly German, maybe Austrian. 'Urm...' the smaller man stuttered. 'Yes, the Hounds.' The taller man finally stood so that his face was dashed with enough moonlight to distinguish. The smaller man shuddered. 'Tell me more.' The taller man commanded.

'Well, Sir, their mere existence was a huge scientific feat... the best, most famous since the discovery of how to create actual biological life at all. Their sheer size makes them strong fast and with an impressive stamina, meaning they should be perfect for most jobs man required.'
'Even warfare?'
'...Potentially...What do you plan to do with them, Sir, if I may ask?'
'You will see Doctor, you will see.'

Last edited by MalleusGrey on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:01 am, edited 14 times in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Su Hounds ADOPTION

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:38 am

Watch this thread for new Su Hounds available for adoption. Each Hound will be adopted out in a different style, but generally adoption forms that are prettied up, and have obviously had a lot of time spent on them (i.e, writing or art) will get you bonus points.

RULES
• do not sell your Hound (contact me if you no longer want it, and I will rehome it).
• there are no customs. Please do not ask.
• please do not ask to be a guest artist. Dependant on interest, I will open the possibility for guest artists in the future.
• hounds are not 'cute and cuddly' creatures. Whilst you are permitted to do what you wish with your character should you win a Su, please respect the species outline.
• no breeding of your hounds or creating your own without my permission.
• if you are found to be breaking these rules more than three times you will be added to the blacklist, and prevented from adopting anymore Su Hounds.

ARTISTS
MalleusGrey
Wᴏʟғᴀᴛᴏɴɪx
demonthief.

BLACKLIST
None
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Su Hounds A GUIDE

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:06 am

The creator who originally made up the first Hound out of a mixture between ancient dinosaur, wolf and alligator cells was the infamous Spanish Entomologist, Howard Calderón. He was known for his shy nature, and was easy to take advantage of. The leader of Germany at the time of their creation wanted Calderón to name his creations something to honour the leader himself, 'Su' being the Spanish translation for 'his'. That he need only be referred to as 'Him'. Once the disaster took place, the 'Su' was then referred to as the devil himself as one that should never be named again.

The Su Hounds stand at around five feet tall at the shoulder, and with a fully raised head eight foot and are reasonably bulky, weighing in at around four hundred pounds. However, they are not slow. They are known for being extremely quick on their feet, but like a lion they don't show their speed until on a hunt, their two toes on their back feet and three on the front making it easy for them to run on many different terrains. Along their back hounds have a strip of thick fur, creating a ridge of fur along the length of their spine. The growth of this ruff varies between males and females but the appearance of both genders around Autumn time is much the same. Their skin is coated in reflective scales that have the texture of a lizards skin, and in the summer Hounds will shed some of this skin which is then replaced by new scales. Their tail is adapted from their dinosaur DNA and it too is scaly. They do have a skeleton and an interior skull, but it is coded in their genes that they also develop a calcium 'coating' of bone over their existing skin as a protective mask of bone as it were. They have no eyes or strong ability to smell so they rely on sonar. More details will be explained below.

Dr Calderón wrote:The Su Hounds are about one and a half meters tall at the shoulder, but both males and females can vary in height. Most Hounds are about three meters long, nose tip to tail tip. They have acute hearing, but no sight or sense of smell, meaning that I have developed a kind of 'sonar' where they make a clicking noise which bounces off of objects and back to the Hound, much like animals such as whales, dolphins and bats. It is actually very hard to recreate the sense of sight and smell, don't you know?

Their airways are very simple due to the fact they have no nostrils, so that air is just passed through the gaps in the outer skull and directed straight into the throat. They have a valve over their actual airway however, to stop bacteria from getting in. This also means that they can hold their breath for long amounts of time which makes them excellent swimmers. However, they tend to steer clear of water because they don't like getting their fur wet and they don't like being cold. You'd think that having crocodile DNA in you would make you love water, but no. For some reason they just don't like it.

Oh, that reminds me, in the winter both males and females grow thicker ruffs around their necks, and when females have cubs they grow an even thicker coat to keep their offspring warm. The males -during mating season- will become more vibrant and will flush their scales with blood to make their markings stand out more to attract a mate. Now this is impressive as it is not something that I engineered them to do. Their natural instincts told their bodies to do this which, scientifically, is extraordinary. A female will usually have about two or three cubs per litter and they will stay with their mother until they are six months old, by which time they will be nearly full size.
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Su Hounds A HISTORY

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:08 am

Abandon all hope; never again shall we see the light.

1943-
These creatures were originally created to protect mankind. To stand at their side and to be loyal. However, the German government heard of the great power they could potentially force on the rest of humanity he needed to unlock their secret. Germany's all powerful government called forward Doctor Howard Calderón and forced him to tell of their power. Calderón was permitted his own laboratory, a near limitless budget and as many specimens as he needed to develop his creation, so long as he was loyal to Germany and Germany only. Despite the fact that he hated the German government and their ideology, Calderón was forced to obey on pain of death. When the Doctor got to work, he bound reptile and mammal DNA to attempt to create his creatures. The way he eventually did achieved this it is not known, but the result was large canines, as tall as cows with lethally sharp teeth and an equally lethal temper. Calderón, with so little resources in their creation, had canine skulls genetically woven over their skin giving them a chilling, merciless stare.

1945-
At first their behaviour was controlled by the German army, but as they grew more and more greedy for power, more and more were created. Their boisterous behaviour became almost impossible to handle, and with the help of bands of allied undercover agents seeking intelligence on the project, soon some escaped. In the wild they bred, and the animals alone were more powerful than all of Germany's armed men together. They were locked in combat for weeks, but it was the hounds who won. Soon after Germany's army were defeated, their land turned into a battlefield and their people hidden in fear, there is no authority. When the hounds had finished with the army they hunted the remains of the population. Some moved into Poland, Belgium and France whilst other stayed in Germany and did not distinguish between civilians and their creators.

1950-2000-
Although the hounds also attacked the allies who had freed them, intelligence on the project was received by Britain which shared this with the USA, and promptly the US began developing their own hounds; this despite being begged not to by many officials in British government. As the hounds spread into mainland Europe it became too late to contain their spread.

Modern day-
Africa and Australia as well as many lesser islands are the only places to remain untouched, but the rich have recently been flying into Europe and the Americas importing captured hounds as personal pets, and so their spread continues.
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Su Hounds BREEDING

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:11 am

Currently breeding is closed. More information on this at a later date.
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Su Hounds {dogs of the apocalypse}

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:12 am

The thread is now open for posting c:
╔══════════════╗
@malleushyde on instagram
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Commissions Are Closed
ImageImage

Bequelle's Liontails

-
Brave New World
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainHiccup » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:18 am

* heavy wheezy breathing *
    these. are. back.

I'm just a smidge excited, if you can't tell xD
    I was wondering if I could get my Su Hound transferred onto these new lines?
previous usernames:
FieryFilly & ChiChaAmaranthyne
amarenthenechimericalwallflower

Also known as spellcasster or CaptainHiccup on most platforms.

toyhou.sedeviantartinstagramold deviantartcharahub
CaptainHiccup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:38 am

CaptainHiccup wrote:
    * heavy wheezy breathing *
    these. are. back.

I'm just a smidge excited, if you can't tell xD
    I was wondering if I could get my Su Hound transferred onto these new lines?

Yaay I'm glad that people are happy with their return xD
Sure, if you still have a link to your Su I'll get em done up in the new lines C:
╔══════════════╗
@malleushyde on instagram
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Commissions Are Closed
ImageImage

Bequelle's Liontails

-
Brave New World
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:13 am

Mark
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainHiccup » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:45 am

reeee
    gon drop this right here ^^

and i am SUPER stoked about these :D
previous usernames:
FieryFilly & ChiChaAmaranthyne
amarenthenechimericalwallflower

Also known as spellcasster or CaptainHiccup on most platforms.

toyhou.sedeviantartinstagramold deviantartcharahub
CaptainHiccup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me