Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: The National Police Horse Association [UNDER CONSTRUCTIO

Postby Boomerandhades » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Bump!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wild Imagination Stables
Roleplay! ĆwĆ Tolters
Khims NSW WIK royal adopts
credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Boomerandhades

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandy Hoofprints » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:35 pm

I would like to go through the academy and join but where do I post the story?
▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
Sandy
◈ Vet Student ◈ Irish ◈ Image
◈ ♀ Rugby Player ◈ ISFJ/ISTJ ◈

toltsfwphocother
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲
Sandy Hoofprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chico_Mistpool » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:41 pm

-Meeting the horse

I was frightened like anything. My heart beated in my chest. This was it. I was going to meet my first horse, who I would train with. The first thing I saw was the name tag on the door. 'Scout.' I looked inside and caught my breath. I was staring straight at a handsome young palomino gelding. By looking at him, he was beautiful. The sheet told me about him and I knew he was right for me. He reached out his nose and touched me on the arm. I stroked his mane and smiled. "Here, your probably looking for this." I hand him a peppermint, which he eats happily.

-First Ride

I felt butterflies in my tummy as I lifted the saddle onto his back. This was it. I climbed on and tapped him with my feet. I never use whips. I tapped him again and suddenly he burst into a canter. I smiled happily and slowed him down.

-Studies of horsemanship and care.

I have been waiting for this. I have always wanted to be a mounted police since I was younger. I read books about horses. I grew up on a farm. I love horses. They are everything to me.

-Group lesson

I never knew this would be the hardest part. What if I wasn't as good as them? I remember trotting into the ring, suddenly a dog appeared, Scout rearing and then... Black

First Field mission-\
I had only just recovered. I had a broken arm and collar bone. I remember chasing a criminal across a road, suddenly feeling a sharp pain in my shoulder and falling off scout... That's how the others found me... I was told that I had to have my arm amputated. I would never become a police officer...

Final exams-
I had to show them. Even without a arm, I will show them I can do it. I climbed onto Scout. "Come on boy." I tried my hardest.... and got through...
Hi There! I'm Chico_Mistpool, otherwise known as Mist! I am a horse lover through and through. I currently have two species I am working on for adopts, Sea Kings and Hippocampi of the Pacific Sea. The links should be to the right of this. I love speaking to new people so feel free to PM me. I'm not really into the pets side of things anymore, but I still trade and collect them so just trade away! On the right, I will be linking important links to me and some advertising. Thanks for reading!
IGNORE ALL THIS ITS SO OUT OF DATE
Chico_Mistpool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal. » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Sandy Hoofprints wrote:I would like to go through the academy and join but where do I post the story?

You just need to post it here c:
Cardinal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandy Hoofprints » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:45 am

- Meeting the horse *
On my first day at the academy I was introduced to the horse who would take me through my training. I was told her name was Majesty. With a shiny pitch black coat and a stunningly bright white mane to contrast, she certainly did look majestic. I said hi and gave her a scratch on the nose, and she snuffled at my hands. I could tell she was confident and not afraid of much from the way she greeted me with no apprehension at all.

- First ride *
I was instructed to walk Majesty into a sand arena and mount her. She walked patiently by my side neither lagging behind or trying to push ahead. She stood perfectly still for me to get into the saddle. Then they put me and her through our paces, mostly walking, trotting and halting.

- Studies of Horsemanship and care
After proving my worth in the arena I returned Majesty to her stall and went for a classroom session on horsemanship and care. We learnt about feeding, grooming, exercising and resting the horses, as well as some common ailments or injuries to look out for.

- Group training session *
After a quick lunch it was back out in the arena again, this time with my three other classmates on a cremello snowcap gelding, a palomino mare and a dark bay tobiano mare, named Ken, Scout and Alex respectively. The horses were all well behaved and worked well together, staying calm even if another horse was cantering past. We worked on communication amongst the riders too.

- High speed travel
In the earlier lesson Maj had been confined to trot, but in the afternoon we got to go out into a long sand track to practice high speed travel. With hardly any encouragement she was off in a fast paced canter and she just kept going. She obediently but somewhat grudgingly came back to a steady trot at the far end to turn before bombing it back again to the instructor. Majesty had a very steady canter and I found my rhythm quickly so I had a comfortable ride. It was still tiring though!

- Noise and object desensitisation
I was required to do a quick exercise on noise and object desensitisation, involving riding majesty past flags and over sheets of flapping tarpaulin on the ground, all whilst people were blowing air horns and shouting as we past them. Majesty was unphased as long as I kept my cool. At first when a noise shocked me we'd both tense and she'd pin her ears back and move faster but moments into the exercise we were riding smoothly and calmly as if deaf and blind to the commotion around us.

- First field mission, how do you feel? * (Riot, Beach patrol, Night patrol in the streets, Criminal chase through bush)
I was soon sent on my first field mission, and to my excitement it turned from a simple patrol into a criminal chase through countryside. Majesty did brilliantly, outpacing the criminal quickly. However the young lad turned into a small clump of trees as we neared him. To my surprise Majesty just took off after him. I had to dealt steer her between the trees, and she even jumped over a large rotting log in pursuit of the crafty criminal. At the other edge of the wooded area we caught him and I quickly hopped off to handcuff him and call for backup. I was exhilarated and so proud of myself and Maj because I thought we'd surely lose him in those trees!

- Riot Practice - Projectiles, Smoke, Loud Noises, Flashing Lights, Crowds
A few days later Majesty and I were sent to my first riot to practice getting used to the crowds, projectiles, smoke, loud noises, flashing lights, etc. we were basically just there for back as we were still training, but Majesty did very well I kept her calm and steady to help control the unruly crowd. Little bothered her about the sights sounds and masses of people, even when people came right up to us and threatened to hit her she held her ground as I asked her too trusting the people were bluffing. She intimidated them into walking away. One smashing bottle gave her a little fright and she jumped in the air, but she quickly regained her cool and completed the job with no problem at all.

- Final Exams and Results *
At the end of my training I sat some tough exams, but I revised well and took my time answering the questions. I got great results for my written papers and easily passed. Majesty did me wonders in the practical exams as she was so obedient and we'd formed quite a bond, I passed those with flying colours, and I was on my way to being a fully qualified mounted police officer. I would miss Majesty, but it was time for me to make my own way with my own personal horse and she would help many many others train to be an officer in the future.
▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
Sandy
◈ Vet Student ◈ Irish ◈ Image
◈ ♀ Rugby Player ◈ ISFJ/ISTJ ◈

toltsfwphocother
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲
Sandy Hoofprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caeleste » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:06 am

meeting Alex

I walked through the clean stables, looking for a bay mare with the name of Alex. I passed three horses, all looking intently over their stalls. Finally, I reached the end of the stables where my training horse stood. She had a beautiful white paint marking on her back and a shiny bay coat. I let her sniff my hand, and she did so. Alex seemed to like me so far.

first ride

I had ridden since I was a child. Alex didn't look or act like she was going to buck or spook, so I had a good feeling. I lifted the saddle onto her back then slipped the bit into her mouth. i walked into the center of the ring where I put my boot in the stirrup and swung my leg over her, landing softly in the saddle. at first, I used minimal leg aids in case she was sensitive. Alex was great. She responded to every move and followed my directions. This first ride had to stay at a walk or trot, but I had a feeling her canter and gallop would be amazing.

group training

a couple days later, I was put in a group lesson with three other riders. We focused on maintaining the same pace and following the leader. Near the end, our instructor set up a small course with two foot verticals and a cross rail. The other riders were quite good, and Alex loved jumping. She almost knew the course herself.

first mission

our first mission was to monitor a riot that had started up a ways from the stables. Alex was totally calm and relaxed. Whenever someone got within two feet or her, she'd coax them away by pushing them with her head. It wasn't a violent riot, and the other police soon had it disbanded.

final exam

I had studied long and hard for my exam, and it definitely paid off. I passed with high marks. Alex was great in the riding exam. She was behaving and listened to me perfectly. Even though I'd have to leave her behind and get my own horse, Alex would always have a special place in my heart.
Slowly coming out of a hiatus! Shoot me a PM if anything is needed!
caeleste

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chico_Mistpool » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:20 am

Could I draw my own horse?
Hi There! I'm Chico_Mistpool, otherwise known as Mist! I am a horse lover through and through. I currently have two species I am working on for adopts, Sea Kings and Hippocampi of the Pacific Sea. The links should be to the right of this. I love speaking to new people so feel free to PM me. I'm not really into the pets side of things anymore, but I still trade and collect them so just trade away! On the right, I will be linking important links to me and some advertising. Thanks for reading!
Chico_Mistpool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mochii_ » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:34 am

Mark. (:
wip.
mochii_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chico_Mistpool » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:22 am

BUmpy
Chico_Mistpool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me