Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Irish Elk Chibis by IceFire

Based on Click to view
Artist IceFire [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
54 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Irish Elk Chibis

Postby IceFire » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:57 pm

Image (Archives, Fan Club, Ask.me, Artist Contest Breeding Topic)
Welcome to the Irish Elk Chibi's (also known as IEC's) Tabs going to archives, fan club, and ask.fm for questions needing to be asked will be added when made. Also please be wary of the stags as they are very aggressive when defending their territories and the does as they protect their fawns.

Their history can be traced back to the ice age some thought to be extinct about 7000 years ago. Until recently many didn't think they could be brought back but with the help of using horse DNA and the red deer DNA together they were able to get both size and design close to the original with some help of the DNA strands recovered from dig sites. The name came from the first discoveries in Ireland even though they had been found to have roam much of Europe.

The Irish Elks roam the highlands and mountains in spring and summer traveling to lower regions when the temperature cools as they were made to have less fur then when they might have had during the ice age. They are grazers and thus on the move much like horses they graze on both grasses and plants. Males sport great antlers and much heavier coats then their female counter points and the females though made of a slighter build still have enough bulk to cause damage.

More information on the actual extinct breed Irish Elk
Last edited by IceFire on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
IceFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

IEC's Rules

Postby IceFire » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:57 pm

1. Don't beg (meaning I or the artists making will get to the design if it takes longer then normal message me and I will look into it)

2. Closed species so don't make any that aren't yours to make (no fakes those are for artist contests only)

3. Limit will be 10 that includes fawns (customs may or may not fall under this depending on how out of control it might get)

4. Can only win two a day.

5.Please do not spam, be rude to staff or others, or argue. what I say or those I ask to mod say goes if I think something is unfair I will step in. If I don't catch it more then welcome to send a me a note but don't harass people in the public forums

6.There is only six slots for breeding allowed so chose wisely in the future there may be more but until then only six.

7. You may not sell your IEC's and trading must be brought to my attention along with said artist after I have given the go ahead for it. If you are not sure you may let us chose who it gets readopted out to. Also there may in the future to keep with store some readoption events so keep a look out.

8. Don't beg for slots from the group's herd (they will have more slots yes but they are more as in gifts for those that earn it)

9. Before it gets lost Please keep requests for breeding slots to ims/fanclub/ and possibly streams (last one iffy) and to go with this one after being made wether a starter or breeding will take up to two weeks before being allowed to breed.

10. they may be breed two weeks after being made this applies to both starters and fawns

Staff
Owner: IceFire (me)
Coowner: Bentley
Artists: IceFire
Perm: NeriHyuga (wont have many appear but will still be apart of the team)
Bentley
-Undyne-
Moderaters:

How to adopt and what to look for

So this section is being added cause I realized how hard it is to find what has been adopted and what hasn't so I am going to start a system with the watermark that stays on them all. if you have a question don't be afraid to come to me!

Black/grey=Adopted
Blue= Art Contest
Green= Personality Contest
Red= Photo Contest
Orange= Naming Contest
Purple= Drawing contest (like a pick a number contest(side note to artists must contact me if you want to do this))
Pink= Custom
White= Baby from a breeding
Last edited by IceFire on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:00 am, edited 11 times in total.
IceFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Irish Elk Chibis

Postby IceFire » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:58 pm

Irish Elk happen to be an enormous deer [one of the heaviest "old world deer"] and the highest know to stand 6'9" tall at the shoulders and can roughly weigh 1,190–1,543 lb for the male stags the females ranging more from 900-1,200 lb and the max size antler for males is 12 feet.

We will use hands high which will be about 20.2 hh for the tallest and about 15.2 as the lowest

Antlers will range roughly to 7-11 feet in width and are used for perhaps not only combat and courtship these number of course probably being nowhere what they might have been during when they really roamed the earth but the scientists have tried their best.

Coat colors

~Common~

Browns
Reds
Greys

~Uncommon~

Darker Browns
Duns
Roans
Palominos

~Rares~

Blacks
Cremellos
Pearls
Albinos
Chimera

Patterns

~Common~

Blank of pattern
Fawn
Sabino

~Uncommon~

Strips
Splash
Overo
Snowflake extention of appy markings
Rabicano

~Rares~

Appy markings not including the Snowflake pattern
Any markings that resemble a medicine hat
Reverse of any pattern
Last edited by IceFire on Mon May 16, 2016 6:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
IceFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IceFire » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:58 pm

Edit: may post on this thread till I can get a thread started for events! On that note end date is the end of April subject to change.

First Event woot

Okay so I asked and maybe only got one opinion on this but decided to be nice enough to go thru with it anyways...
So I will be throwing an event since I got 600 view on the form (on previous and this one as I tried to kill the mascot *sniffles*)

Prizes
First place will have a full custom of their choice with a few exceptions.. no strips, very pale colors or line edits going to keep those done yep yep.

Second place will have a semi custom of their choice and will go as follows, 1 can choose gender and coat color (no pale colors) or 2 can choose gender and pick a pattern (no strips) the rest will be up to me ^_^

Third will get to pick if its male or female and list three choices in coat color and the rest will be up to me.

Okay so on with what is going to happen..
I am looking for art specially stamp art yep.. I prefer the art to be by you so that I know its not stolen but if you find an artist willing to do it let them message me so that I know you talked to them about it..

criteria

must be of the mascot
must be in the fall or early spring when still cold
must be animated bobbing its head and snorting (must be able to see the hot air)

for those that cant do animation this doesn't leave you out as I am also looking for none animated stamps to and the prizes are the same for those.

Any questions or comments send them to me in my private messages.!!!

Artist Contest peoples this is what you been waiting for!!!

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3005125&p=97007607#p97007607
Last edited by IceFire on Mon May 30, 2016 6:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
IceFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IceFire » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:46 am

Sister Species <3 owned by Seoul

Last edited by IceFire on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IceFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cooluser1615 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:53 am

Marking! These look very cool.
Cooluser1615

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QuIT; » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:05 am

<3 so cute!!
QuIT;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IceFire » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:25 am

Thanks guys! ^-^
IceFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IceFire » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:10 am

Welcome!
IceFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:50 pm

Mark! Can I use this as inspiration for my comic?
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NOT ALL
. . . . . . .

I'm currently working on
a long comic project. I have this
bad habit of hoarding contests and art
trades until I'm overwhelmed... Still, the deadlines
keeps me on my toes.
WHO WANDER

. . . . . . .
. . . . . . .

LaurelLeaf