Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30437

VISCETS 2.0 : GAs CLOSED by Mint Chip

Artist Mint Chip [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 28
385 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

VISCETS 2.0 : GAs CLOSED

Postby Mint Chip » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:12 am

Last edited by Mint Chip on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 105 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Adopts

[Winter Event]
ImageImageImageImage

[Normal Adopts]
ImageImageImageImage

[Non-owners/Special Adopts]
If you want one but are having trouble winning one, this is the lil' box for you.
All the Viscets below are nonowners-only or nonowners-favoring in some way.

[Community-Hosted]
These are adoptions ran by the Viscet's previous owner rather than an original adoption by staff.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:12 am, edited 460 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

What is a Viscet?

[What is a Viscet?]
Since I have no better way of explaining it, Viscets are basically otter-ferret-kangaroo-rabbit-raptor-things.

Anatomy wrote:
Viscets are large, agile creatures characterized by
✦Furred, raptor-like bodies
✦Wolf-like paws with opposable thumbs & sharp claws
✦Ferret-like muzzles & sharp fangs
✦Long ears
✦Double-ringed eyes, with a lighter inner ring of color
✦8ft in height and 12 in length
Some traits may vary.
✦Horns, antlers, scales, & spikes

Genders wrote:
✦Male and Female Viscets are almost identical both physically & socially, except for the obvious.
✦The only significant difference is the female's adapt ability to carry & balance with heavy objects, as they have to be in order to carry their eggs.
✦Male, Female, and Other-gendered Viscets are considered equal in terms of dominance and ranks within the pack
✦Only Viscets of opposite sexes can breed. Unisex creatures are usually infertile, and it is impossible for them or homosexual pairs to reproduce.
✦Viscets are entirely capable of gender expression and genders besides male and female are treated equally.

Distribution wrote:
✦Viscets are found on every continent but Antarctica.
✦They tend to inhabit temperate forest zones; not open plains or dense jungles, but somewhere in between.
✦They tend to avoid deserts, and remain near water sources.
✦Their lifestyle can be greatly impacted depending on their environment. While most live in forests, they are well-adapted to almost any environment.
✦They avoid urban and suburban areas unless in captivity.

Food wrote:
Viscets are Omnivorous. They feed on:
✦Fruit & berries
✦Nuts
✦Small mammals
✦Fish
✦Large mammals
✦Domestic animals
What they eat is directly effected by what is available in their environment. It's not unheard of for them to steal domestic animals, and will hunt down large prey in packs.

Social wrote:
✦Live in packs, the size of which depends on food & space available
✦Ruled by Alpha pair; The Alpha of a pure bloodline is considered more dominant over his or her mate.
✦Alpha may be passed on to heir, beta, or to a winning competitor.
✦Viscets are territorial, and mark their territory by clawing a tree up high; invaders will know how big their enemies are from the claw marks. They will chase cougars/wolves/large carnivores from their territory.
✦2 Viscets will spar with tooth and claw.

Relationship with Humans wrote:
✦Due to their friendly nature, they are adored by humans and protected in many places, but some often seek to hunt them for their exotic pelts. Some cultures even revere them as spirits.
✦Domesticated Viscets are popular at petting zoos, companion animals, and even therapy pets.
✦As pack animals, they are incredibly loyal and protective of their family.
✦They cannot speak any human language, but are extremely intelligent and easily trained.
✦Strays can exist in urban/surburban areas, even making packs.
✦Being large animals, they can be ridden by children and small/lightweight people.

Breeding wrote:
✦Go to the Nursery for breeding.
✦Viscets usually mate for life, but just like people, not all relationships are perfect.
✦Viscets may be any gender/sexuality, but only fertile pairs can successfully breed.
✦Mating season occurs in the late winter; a fragile egg is laid after 2 months; the egg hatches 2 weeks later.
✦The mother will stay with the egg, even carrying it with her out of the den. The father often fetches food and guards his family. That summer is spent raising the Viscling.
✦Viscling's hind legs are underdeveloped and they must walk on all fours.
✦They are considered independent at 1 year of age, but will not breed until 2 years of age. Their first breeding season, they will learn how to raise young, but will not do so until the following breeding season.
✦Nursery times are drastically shortened.

Realistic Setting wrote:
    These are just the typical nature of the species in a realistic earth-setting. Anthro and etc. AUs are allowed, and your creativity is loved.

C O M M O N _ T R A I T S

Mane wrote:Image Image
Typical Spiked Mane
Ears wrote:Image
Long Ears
Nose wrote:Image
Wolf Nose
Horns wrote:Image
No Horns

U N C O M M O N _ T R A I T S

Mane wrote:Image Image
Image Image
O man, there's a LOT.
Hair, fur tufts, etc.
Ears wrote:Image
Wolf Ears
Folded Ears
Noses wrote:Image
Dragon Nose
Rabbit Nose
Smooth, thin
consistent horns

R A R E _ T R A I T S

Eyes wrote:Image Image
Image Image
Any Eye Mutation
Triple-/no-ringed eyes
Different colors
Full-tail change
Snow Leopard,
fox, docked, etc
Scales
Of any sort
Always secluded
Complex Horns
Antlers
Spirals/Spiked

L E G E N D A R Y _ T R A I T S
Legendary traits are traits that can only be won at certain holidays & events.
Smaller holidays/events release less Legendary designs than popular events.
More widely-celebrated holidays, such as Christmas, will have multiple releases a year.

4th of July
      Color-Changing Markings
      x
    Halloween
      It comin'!

Last edited by Soulsplosion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:13 am, edited 37 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

[RULES]
Split into sections for conveniency.
A lot of it is just straightforward, but stated anyways to be thorough.

[General Respect]
      ✦Respect one another at all times. Staff are just as liable. No discrimination of any sort in any way is tolerated.
      ✦Do not harass/beg other users for gifts, breedings, etc. You may ask, but a no is a no.
      ✦Do not poke at, bug, or otherwise harass other users within the community.
    [Adoption & Ownership]
      ✦You may own up to 15 Viscets; 5 may be custom-made
      ✦If caught using DA-CS accounts to cheat more Viscets, all will be revoked and resold immediately. I only have to know of your DA account if you plan on adopting on both sites; if you only adopt on CS, it's fine.
      ✦Respect Artists in adoption; do not post forms once an adoption is closed, blackmail, pester, etc
      ✦Do not use skeleton forms unless with permission and citation
    [OC'ing]
      ✦Viscets may be treated freely as an OC in concerns to personality, sexuality, etc
      ✦Viscets are typically monogamous, but may be polyamorous
      ✦Viscets may be fursonas
      ✦Do not change your Viscet's anatomy
      ✦Do not add accessories without permission from the artist
      ✦Do not add accessories that are extreme or mimic anatomy (e.g. robotic body parts). If confused, just ask.
      ✦No public nsfw, controversially offensive, or otherwise non-childfriendly material concerning Viscets
      ✦Feel free to create fantasy, anthropomorphic, etc. AUs with your Viscets; however, respect the wishes of another in public roleplays (so you can technically have a magical Viscet, but don't try to join a strictly Realistic roleplay with it).
    [Creation]
      Only Viscet staff are allowed to create designs or customs.
      ✦Guest artists have 1 month to create 5 designs to be adopted, but no customs or batches.
      ✦You may not create designs or batches without a MYO ticket (go here for info)
    [Community]
      ✦Please ask before creating public threads. Personal threads (OC lists, 1v1 rps) are fine.
      ✦You are in charge of regulating said threads and making sure users are qualified to take part.
      Stream hosts will be held responsible for not taking action on any bullying/etc that occurs in their stream. If you are hosting a stream and notice harassment happening in your stream's chat, kick the antagonists from the stream & please report to a staff member.
      ✦Your thread may have its own rules that you may enforce so long as they do not defy any rules listed here.
      ✦Users may be banned from specific threads in particular rather than the whole community (partial-bans)
    [Exchange]
      ✦Viscets are not trading cards nor currency. They may not be traded or sold.
      ✦You may only sell Viscets that you yourself bought for currency (DA pts, C$, $, etc), and only for equal or less than you bought it for. Those you won through other methods (form-writing, art, raffle, etc) may not be sold for currency, including nursery batches.
      ✦If you wish to disown a Viscet contact Soulsplosion or James. as well as the creator of the Viscet. You may host the readoption yourself or let staff handle it.
      ✦Viscets may be gifted with the permission of the receiver, an Ownership Archivist, and the notification of the original artist.
      ✦If the original artist is unavailable or cannot edit the original post, Soulsplosion will comment with a "stamp of exchange" with details concerning the new owner.
      ✦Tickets & potions may be traded, sold, and gifted freely.
    [Exchange Cool-Downs]
      ✦There is a 30-Day cooldown between opposite Viscet transfers concerning 2 users; if you recently sent a gift to a user, you cannot receive a gift from same user for 30 days, & vice versa. This is to prevent people trading Viscets by claiming they're 'gifts'. Gifting multiple Viscets at once may surpass this, if they are gifted all in one transaction.
      ✦A Viscet cannot be gifted away if it has been obtained within the past 30 days (adoption, gifting) unless stated in the adoption form (ex: "If I win I'd like to gift this Viscet to ___")
      ✦A Viscet cannot be gifted away if has been bred within the past 30 days.
      ✦Disowning a Viscet for readoption does not count as a transfer.
    [Breeding]

[Staff Rules]

✦Respect & etc applies to staff as much as anyone else
    ✦Use the color references for their respective colors
    ✦Ask before creating any sort of 'special' design, such as holiday, event, or character-themed. (This is mainly to prevent there from accidentally being 2 designs closely based off the same thing).
    ✦Put UFA up on new designs; put the green UFA up for designs sold on DA
    ✦All DA-Sold designs must be submitted to Viscet Forest
    ✦Viscets may be sold for any amount of C$, tokens/pets, DA points, etc
    ✦Designs on DA can only be sold for 2000+ points if made on original lines or with large line edits on the default lines
    Keep track for how much of what they are sold for
    ✦Viscets may not be traded for OCs, art, etc.
    ✦Viscets may be adopted through the use of any given form; must require the name and gender
    ✦No restricting a Viscet OC wise; meaning sexuality, gender, disabilities, etc
    ✦Put the Viscet's # in the title
    ✦If sold on another site, link to the off-CS source; also link back to the on-CS source wherever it is sold
    ✦You may own 18 Viscets and own 5 customs
    ✦You may make your own customs, starting once you've made 20 New Adoptions or 10 Nursery Batches
    ✦You may make a custom with Rare traits for every 20 New Adoptions (adults or abandoned babs) or every 15 Batches made

✦Staff may make 2-3 Viscets with Uncommon Traits every 8 Viscets made
    ✦Staff may make 1 Viscet with a Rare trait every 15 Viscets they create

✦Judging Limit- If an adoption has been closed but not judged for 2 months, the Artist will be contacted. They will be given 7 days to respond. If not, the adoption will be confiscated and a method of judging it by another judge will be decided within 7 days.
[/list]
Last edited by Soulsplosion on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:26 am, edited 47 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby Mint Chip » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:13 am

[Staff]

[Artists]
Artist and permanent staff info has been moved to the Fanclub here.

[Guest Artists]

[Last Month]

[This Month]
Solgaleo
grizzly.
MakeMeSmile
term ends 9/10

[GA Rules & Info]

✦Staff rules apply to Guest Artists, except....

✦Your ownership maximum is still that of an ordinary user.
    ✦You cannot sell Guest Artist-made designs off-site or for currency, only form judging.
    ✦You may not make your own customs, or customs for others.
    ✦You must follow the typical Artist's form when adopting; # in the title, optional comment at the top, then the form in code, rules about the form, and then a PNG of the design with code. If you ask for art in the form, you must include the Viscet's hex codes as well. When it is adopted, put the Owner: <link>, Name, and Gender of the Viscet at the top of the post, and below that copy/paste the winner's form.
    ✦It's alright if your adoptions' end date lasts longer than your Guest Artist term. Just carry them through.

✦You may make up to 5 designs.
    ✦Of those 5 designs, 1 may have an uncommon trait.
    ✦Your term is over at the end of the month.
    ✦You may not be GA 2 months in a row.
    ✦You may not make runner-ups.
    ✦Ignoring GA rules can result in a strike just like any other rule.
    ✦Obviously, you must have access to the Oekaki/chibipaint platform.

[Applications]
Applications open on the first day of each month, and that month's GAs are hired.
Code: Select all
[b]Guest Artist Application[/b]
6/01/2016
✦Username:
✦Have you been an artist/guest artist before?:
✦If so, where?:
✦Examples?:

Last edited by Soulsplosion on Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 51 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Strikes Warnings & Bans

[Bans/Strikes]

[What is a Ban/Strike?]
    Breaking a rule results in a warning.
    Breaking it again begins strikes.
    3 strikes, and you're banned.
    Major faults may lead straight to strikes/ban or multiple strikes given out, such as severe harassment.

The below applies to total Strikes.
    Partial strikes have minimized and edited consequences. The below are just the worst that could happen.
    Strike 1:
      Period: 7 days.
      User is voided on all entries on current adopts, but may still take part in threads such as RPs, fanclub, gift lines, and nursery. Guest artists are removed.
    Strike 2:
      Period: 14 days in addition to remaining Strike 1 time.
      User is voided on all entries on current adopts, and may not take part in the nursery or official RP. Fanmade community threads (rps, gift lines, etc) are up to the decision of their creator. Artists, Guest Artists, and Moderators are removed; may result in a permanent ban for any staff position.
    Strike 3:
      Full Ban.
      Owned designs are revoked and readopted; custom-made designs are voided. User is banned from the community in general.
    Sub-Bans
      Partial permanent bans.
      You may be banned from only certain threads, events, or activities, but are allowed to keep/adopt Viscets and be involved in the community. An example would be abusing the nursery, resulting in a partial-ban banning you from only that thread in particular, but you are still allowed to adopt.
    Warnings
      Warnings are basically every strike ever given out. Punishments will worsen for repeated offenders, if you do something after already being warned not to.

[Strikes]

Soulsplosion (538303)
    Strike 1: Cannibalism
    Strike 2: Dank memes
    Total Until: 3/14/1593
[url=]Username (ID)[/url]
[list]Strike 1:
Strike 2:
Strike 3:
Type/Until <date>[/list]

[Bans]
Glitch. (375387), Hannahbug (247181), AlleyBalley (249543), Chomp (149624)
    Reason: Does not need to be stated
[Temp Bans]
(737998) - Temp Ban from Nursery until 03/01/2017
    . Reason: Broke nursery rule. Bred viscet before 30 days of ownership.
Total
[url=]Username (ID)[/url]
[b]Ban Type[/b]

[Warnings/Past Strikes]
(725674)
    .. Reason: Form used without permission
(768856)
    Reason: Tracing artwork & selling color ins
    Further violation will result in immediate ban/redaction of all ownership.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:49 am, edited 26 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Community

[Community]
Looking for ways to get involved? Come on in!

[Banners]
Want to help out the species? Spread it around by putting a banner in your siggy!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2760795][img]http://orig02.deviantart.net/7699/f/2015/218/1/f/viscgif_by_soulsplosion-d94ghnm.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2760795][img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/057/c/f/untitled_drawing_by_soulsplosion-d8jnehh.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2760795][img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/057/0/1/untitled_drawing_by_soulsplosion-d8jnhps.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2760795][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/4591/f/2015/120/8/b/stamp_for_viscets_by_lindsayprower-d8rmrp6.gif[/img][/url]

Colored Viscet Stamps
By Mint Chip
^Click to select from
11 different colors!
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2760795][img]http://orig15.deviantart.net/b19c/f/2015/253/b/c/viscets_gray_by_lindsayprower-d994xte.png[/img][/url]

By SilverSamurai
Customizeable
by Request
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2760795][img]http://s14.postimg.org/9rtiq4sgt/safo_pixel.gif[/img][/url]

Last edited by Mint Chip on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 38 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby Mint Chip » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:14 am

[Affiliates]
[Closed Species]
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

[Open Species]
Image ImageImage

Please tell me if one of our affiliates are closed/inactive and/or don't have our stamp in their Affiliates list
Last edited by Mint Chip on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Threads

[Threads]
Here is a list to any and all open community threads.

[Roleplays]
Truth or Dare by EverdaleDreamers
Kind of both a roleplay and a game. An ongoing open RP where Viscets play Truth or Dare with each other.
☽Halfmoon High☾ by CorrelateOwl

[Thread Rules]
      ✦All threads must be open & funtioning to be listed here.
      ✦All threads must be open-all to be listed here, meaning roleplays will not be listed if they are private/1v1 or not currently taking entries.
      ✦To submit, give me a link to the thread to be listed. If a roleplay, give a short description.
        <Name> by <User>
        <Short description>
      ✦Ask before creating any Help/Community Threads.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

IOE

PROUD SPONSOR OF ISLES OF EVENTIDE

They're the only reason I got into Adoptables.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Return to Adoptable Oekaki